PDA

View Full Version : Final Act of Gue

Telan Desaria
Apr 30th, 2003, 05:34:01 PM
As far as I know, Lord Michael Gue, raging OOC maniac and deranged IC Imperial-esque vagabond, no longer rps here. To the best of my knowledge, he is banned and his account shall never again be used.

At last call, he was rumored to be flitting about the Unknowns trying to rebuild a dying empire from the ashes of his own sanity. He was never heard from again due to OOC events and IC, is still there and lost.

As such, I am requesting permission to use his personage in my *prestige* thread, Cat and Mouse, which will feature a lot of action under the direction of my wayward and fanatical, yet very mysterious, Director of Imperial (Sovereign) Intelligence, Masson Latt. The story follows thus:

In his quest to secure his own position, the Director has set into motion a grand scheme to force Admiral Desaria into action using his own vanity and duty as leverage. Desaria unwittingly goes along, expanding Imperial territory in the process and increasing his own power. All the while, the plotting Latt has cemented his own roots and made himself indispensible to the Grand Admiral, just as he wanted.

In one of the sub-plots, he *(Continued as if you say yes)* manipulates the mentally-failing Gue to act in the Known to the advantage of his own diabolical plan.

I have not yet ironed out the details of what and how and for how long, but that is the idea. I request your permission to do just that.

I await a staff ruling/decision/community response.

Charley
Apr 30th, 2003, 05:41:16 PM
My take on this is that since Gue no longer falls under the category of being a character account, he would be regarded as an NPC, and that it is fine to use that character as such.

Droo
Apr 30th, 2003, 05:53:11 PM
I dissapprove, Gue wished to do something similar himself although he was using someone's account name and roleplaying or having someone else roleplay said character. I and others challenged him on this until it was ruled against by the staff here and now I will do the same except this time in his defense; you will have to get his permission and present evidence of it in order to do this. That is at least how I feel. Can't say "No" to one and then "Yes" to another in these circumstances. Ironically enough, Gue was banned in that thread too.

This is all dependant on how you wish to have the character of Gue involved, will it be a brief mention: "After manipulating Gue into doing such and such..." then carry on or will it involve his character in a much more profound way? Personally, I think it doesn't matter, the character of Gue belongs to the roleplayer and you should not be allowed to involve, in any way, his character without his permission regardless of whether or not he is still a member of the community. Otherwise I think it would be in bad form.

ReaperFett
Apr 30th, 2003, 05:54:26 PM
My opinion, although NOT A RPING MOD (Which was what you asked for), is that you should only use Gue if you will use him with the same respect that you would use when using a person who stills RP here. Oh, and no killing him. That's my go.

Telan Desaria
Apr 30th, 2003, 05:58:26 PM
Ah. I had intended to have him driven mad and eventually killed, through rather suspicious means, then the methods and men behind it revealed later. Much like when Palpatine was the puppeteer behind all Pre-Endor actions.

Yes, I plan to kill his character, exspunge his assets, and eliminate his ever-changing fiefdom.

If he is ruled an NPC then I wish to do just this. This is only with the consideration that this character is in all other terms dead, innaccessible, and unable to rp. I believe it a waste to allow such a ... colourful... character as Gue go down with out some resolution. That such suits my purposes is of course relevant and my motivation, but my opinion nonetheless.

Droo
Apr 30th, 2003, 06:02:47 PM
Not without his permission.

"Any and all writings contained at the SWFans.Net Forums are copyrighted to their respective authors. Please contact the involved parties if you are interested in reproducing any writing(s) on this site."

ReaperFett
Apr 30th, 2003, 06:05:30 PM
Kid's got a point.

Admiral Lebron
Apr 30th, 2003, 06:10:06 PM
Tell him you would like to give Gue a proper exit... don't mention details.

Telan Desaria
Apr 30th, 2003, 06:36:59 PM
As I said, I will do only what the community says. I thought of this as I was reading through the member list and noted the many inactive acounts.

The lack hereof will not cause my storyline to collapse, in fat, it was meant as a compliment to it - a subplot.

I thought it would be something to make it more fun. Again, I will abide by the community's decision.

Nathanial K'cansce
Apr 30th, 2003, 06:37:37 PM
I say get Gue's permission. Then, and only then, would I believe it to be allowable.

Telan Desaria
Apr 30th, 2003, 06:45:07 PM
If this is the ruling - -

I pose the following question - - -

Does anyone remember his email address???? I am unable to receive my IMs where I .....am

Zeke
Apr 30th, 2003, 06:56:09 PM
Dae Jinn would know it, but she's moving. :\

Nathanial K'cansce
Apr 30th, 2003, 07:07:34 PM
PMed his addy to ya. =)

Navaria Tarkin
Apr 30th, 2003, 07:13:35 PM
as long as he agrees then there is no problem with it and if he does, I would like the it forward to the RP staff :)

Nieheine
May 1st, 2003, 05:48:37 PM
As long as he knows how he is going to be presented too, he has a certain pride element on that area.

Padd
May 1st, 2003, 08:10:46 PM
Hey I think Gue still has one of my chars captured LOL