PDA

View Full Version : Quidditch World Cup

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 29th, 2003, 10:31:48 PM
I saw this on another site

For the first time ever, Harry Potter fans will be able to fully experience the magical power, speed, and competition of Quidditch in the "Harry Potter: Quidditch World Cup" game from Electronic Arts. Under development by EA's UK Studio, the new title is scheduled for release in the fall of 2003 for PlayStation 2, Xbox, GameCube, Game Boy Advance and PC.

In "Harry Potter: Quidditch World Cup", players can control all the Quidditch positions and high-flying moves, scoring with Chasers, defending with Beaters and the Keeper, and trying to capture the Snitch with the Seeker. Gamers can choose any one of the four Hogwarts House teams (including Harry Potter's Gryffindor and Draco Malfoy's Slytherin) to triumph in the Hogwarts Cup, gaining an opportunity to attend the Quidditch World Cup.

In the international World Cup tournament, players can choose to play for professional teams, which include the USA, Bulgaria (featuring Viktor Krum), the hard-hitting Nordics, England, Japan, France, Germany, and Australia. Sporting their own Quidditch uniforms and unique stadium environment, each nation has different strengths and tactics that lend strategy and depth as players progress through a unique ladder system. Quidditch World Cup offers both single player and a first-ever Harry Potter multiplayer competition where players compete head-to-head.

I think it could be a great game, EA is great at sport games so this could be a dream game if done right.

Jimmy
Apr 30th, 2003, 01:58:53 AM
My opinion says that it will be a game fo those who like/read/watched the harry potter books. If you dont like Harry Potter then i doubt you would like the game. I, however like Harry Potter though im not into sporting games myself, fantasy or not.

Taylor Millard
Apr 30th, 2003, 01:59:15 AM
Be interesting to see who they get to be the commentators. EA Sports does a good job and getting quality guys that's for sure.

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 30th, 2003, 11:53:06 AM
I don't think this will have much life to it. Probably cool novelty game to play once or twice. After that...

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 30th, 2003, 12:57:59 PM
Well it will depend if they make it like they made the Madden games then it will be a very cool game. Depends on how much they put into it.

Charley
Apr 30th, 2003, 02:19:51 PM
Good Grief. I must find this market of people who will pay 50 bucks for a simulated broom ride, and euthenize them all, for the good of mankind.

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 30th, 2003, 02:24:24 PM
now that is too cruel Charlie, I am offended by that I don't care if it was a joke or not. I would like it because I am harry potter fan. If you don't like Harry Potter don't post about it that is your choice, you don't have to critize those who might want to play the game.

Charley
Apr 30th, 2003, 02:32:45 PM
Where's the fun in not criticizing them, though? Its not like they're gonna go "ARR, LL said HP sux gonna kill myself LOLZ!"

At worst, they don't buy the game, because they see my point.

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 30th, 2003, 02:34:23 PM
I don't you would discourage any HP fan from buying it, if they don't buy it it will because the game sucks for other reasons.

Charley
Apr 30th, 2003, 02:35:13 PM
Then who cares? Really?

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 30th, 2003, 02:37:42 PM
Well I guess I got offended because you send you wanted to enthunize all HP fans (that is who would buy the game) I just don't find jokes about killing people funny.

Charley
Apr 30th, 2003, 02:54:24 PM
OMG d00dz...I said I want to euthenize people! I must REALLY REALLY want to!

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 30th, 2003, 02:59:53 PM
I know it was a joke but I just don't find it funny.

Padd
Apr 30th, 2003, 03:21:05 PM
I personally agree with Carr. If EA puts some effort into it and makes it like the Madden games, it will really be a great game. But, I fear that they'll try to make it a kids game and it won't be fun...doesn't sound that way from the description though.

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 30th, 2003, 07:31:58 PM
I hope not, hopefully it won't be like the Quidditch in the Harry Potter games, that was way too easy

Padd
Apr 30th, 2003, 07:45:33 PM
Never played those games, were they any fun?

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 30th, 2003, 09:17:06 PM
I played both SS and COS for the PC they were better than the PS2 version of COS (mainly because they followed the books better) Still they were easy not real easy I guess they were trying to target 8-14 year olds so they could play them. I did feel the COS, PC version was the best, it was long and took some time to beat (if you wanted to find every secert in the game) it also let you wander the grounds more, which I liked. My main thing was Quidditch that was too easy I won every match without much trouble, hopefully they change that for this game. Hopefully they will make some other type games maybe a role playing game, I like to see one where you can wander more and maybe play other characters like Ron or Hermoinie or even a game like Galaxies where you play as a new character and you can get to go to the school that would be cool.

Taylor Millard
May 2nd, 2003, 01:07:21 AM
If they want to really get people to buy they'll make it to where you can update your teams...have injuries...MVPs...recruiting...etc etc etc.

If they make it a complete game...it'll be worth looking it.

Hockey on brooms :D

Jedi Master Carr
May 2nd, 2003, 09:29:14 AM
LOL that would be cool though, maybe you change names of players stuff like that and have the mascots they had in the GOF (Lepercauns for Ireland for example). I think if they really do it right it would be a really cool game.

Figrin D'an
May 2nd, 2003, 04:28:13 PM
This game seems far to specialized... I'm not sure how successful it could be. EA's sports games target a particular audience, and that audience has very little cross-over to the serious Harry Potter fans that would be interested in a game like this. If it's made like EA's other sports titles, it may be a bit complex for younger kids that would otherwise be all over a game like that, but if it's made more "kiddie" oriented rather than simulation oriented, it'll turn of EA's primary sport game audience.

Jedi Master Carr
May 2nd, 2003, 06:35:20 PM
How about the adult harry potter fans we buy it if it was a good game. I know I would. It is an interesting gamble, I am curious to see how it works out.

Jedi Master Carr
May 8th, 2003, 08:15:19 PM
I found this on IGN gives a good look at the game

http://cube.ign.com/articles/401/401360p1.html?fromint=1

its for the gamecube version but I doubt the PS2 and XBox version look that much different.

Figrin D'an
May 8th, 2003, 11:37:01 PM
Originally posted by Jedi Master Carr
How about the adult harry potter fans we buy it if it was a good game. I know I would. It is an interesting gamble, I am curious to see how it works out.

You fit into a small cross-section of the population that are adult fans of Harry Potter, that are also big console gamers. That's my point about being too specialized, and potentially not being able to successfully market the game to the greater Harry Potter fan base, or to the large base of loyal customers that EA has gathered over the years. The intersection of those two groups is very, very limited.

Jedi Master Carr
May 9th, 2003, 11:33:51 AM
I hope it works but you do have a point, those screen caps do look very good.

JediBoricua
May 9th, 2003, 06:17:06 PM
I know I will buy it...it's a sad thing no?

Mitara Sinar
May 15th, 2003, 12:41:39 PM
I'll wait till the price goes down before I buy the game. I'll pay $20-$35 but any more than that....NAAh

Jedi Master Carr
May 16th, 2003, 04:30:40 PM
They might have it for the PC at that price.