PDA

View Full Version : Pale Shadow (open)

Mai Zarifa
Apr 29th, 2003, 09:13:20 AM
<center>Suicide is painless (M*A*S*H* Theme)

Through early morning fog I see
visions of the things to be
the pains that are withheld for me
I relize and I can see...

[REFRAIN]

That suicide is painless
it brings on many changes
and I can take or leave it if I please.

I try to find a way to make
all our little joys relate
without that ever-present hate
but now I know that it's to late,and...

[REFRAIN]

The game of life is hard to play
I'm going to lose it anyway
the losing card I'll someday lay
so this is all I have to say

[REFRAIN]

The only way to win is cheat
and lay it down before I'm beat
and to another give my seat
for that's the only painless feat

[REFRAIN]

The sword of time will pierce our skins
it doesn't hurt when it begins
but as it works its way on in
the pain grows stronger...watch it grin but...

[REFRAIN]

A brave man once requested me
to answer questions that are key
is it to be or not to be
and I replied 'oh why ask me?'

[REFRAIN]

'Cause suicide is painless
it brings on many changes
and I can take or leave it if I please

...and you can do the same thing if you please.</center>

She stood, leaning against the railing of one of Corusant's many catwalks, on her back a backpack which she quickly slips off and starts to open it. Inside, a blaster, her father's, ment only for protection of the home, not this.

She places the blaster right at her temple, as a young women takes notice and screams, causing a slight ruckus, someone calls the Watch on their port. as the crowd scatters, while some start to crowd around, trying to get a better look.

She didn't smile, she didn't speak, she just stood there, blaster to her head and leaning very close to the edge of the catwalk.

imported_Corin Zetith
Apr 29th, 2003, 10:32:01 AM
Corin was walking along the catwalk as he heard the scream behind him. He turned to see the girl leaning over the railing, blaster in hand, pointed at her head.

"Whoa! wha........what are you doing?"

imported_Blade Ice
Apr 29th, 2003, 10:36:41 AM
Blade was the only man in the crowd not running. He looked at the young girl with thought of what wasted talent. He stared for several seconds not moving from the building he was leaning on.

What made this girl want to kill herself and even more intriguing is why the heck did Blade even care. Maybe it was his stupid past creeping up on him or maybe it was the thought that no one so young should die.

He moved from his spot and began to slowly walk towards the girl; he could disarm her before she had a chance to pull the trigger. He didn't move for that action though he decided to use something Jedi called diplomacy even though it wasn't his normal tactic.

"What makes a young girl like you want to end it all?"

He just then noted the young Jedi and held back a bit not wanting to interfere with the jedi's diplomacy.

Mai Zarifa
Apr 29th, 2003, 12:58:08 PM
She turned her head slightly, taking note of the two men, one who asked what was going on and another who was asking her a simply question.....'Why?'

"Why not? I am merely a pale shadow, cast upon a world that has no use for me, I am as useless as a bucket with a hole in the bottom."

A slghtly click is heard from the blaster, as she presses herfinger on the trigger lightly.

"I was planning on jumping, but that would ruin someone's nice little speeder, and that wouldn't be nice."

imported_Blade Ice
Apr 29th, 2003, 02:38:04 PM
"You only have no use because you make it that way. You hate the world and you think by killing yourself in public you will make some memorable mark on these people’s minds."

Pathetic I say to you, if you really want to make a mark that a person will remember shot them not yourself. Take your anger your Hate and your rage out on them."

Blade looked at the young girl as he moved a few steps closer. He passed quick glance over to the Jedi who didn't seem to like what he was saying to the woman. Blade pointed to the Jedi as he looked at the girl.

"If I where a Jedi like him I would try to stop you from doing what your doing. I'm no Jedi and I’ll let you kill yourself if that’s all you think you can muster out of yourself to make a mark."

Blade moved one more step closer he was about five feet from the girl now and he stopped and looked her over. Then again he motioned towards the Jedi.

"I will however offer you a chance to make a mark of a different kind. You see the Jedi shot him but don't kill him to make your mark and then leave this stupid Jedi city with me and I'll show you the universe."

Darth Uhlen
Apr 29th, 2003, 08:36:53 PM
Corin ignored the comment the man mae about having the girl shoot him. He tensed, his hand on Elise(his saber) and waited to act.

"You sir, may be willing to let her kill herself, but I am not!" he said. Then he turned to the girl.

"And you, why onearth would you think the universe does not need you? There is a place and a home for anybody here. So why don't you just put the blaster down and step away from that railing........Please! I want to help you!"

OOC: oops: srry wrong char. this is Corin!:)

Mai Zarifa
Apr 30th, 2003, 08:29:11 AM
She gave Blade a dirty look.

"I have a use, it's just the idiots don't know intellegence unless it bit them on the butt."

She moved the blaster slightly, from her head, and held in both hands.

"I was planning on going to school, like anyother day, but it was gonna be different," She leaned more on the railing, and sighed, "The first idiot girl who would talk about having sex with her boyfriend at lunch, bang, dead. The first idiot boy to bug me just 'cus I don't dress like a whore, bang, dead. First teacher to say 'Oh Mai, that's not due for a month!'........Bang, dead."

imported_Corin Zetith
May 1st, 2003, 09:36:23 AM
Corin, not wanting to say anything to her that would make her act tried to find out what the problem was.

"May I ask, why was today so different from the rest?"

imported_Blade Ice
May 1st, 2003, 08:34:39 PM
Blade looked at the fool young Jedi how could one be so stupid to the world around especial the world Jedi claimed they where saving. Blade stared at him for a few moments longer trying to figure out this Jedi's mind.

"I'm guessing her day wasn't any different and in that lies the problem. Getting teased and tortured by the kids at school so much so that you can't take it anymore and you snap. The reason why you don't get that Jedi is because unlike us of the higher force we are allowed to show are true emotions.

So in terms you can understand this little girl is more then likely tried of hiding behind the mask you Jedi try to promote. Now in order for this girl to calm down she needs to release her rage. She would have done it on her class mates but that wouldn't be Jedi like. So instead now she is trying to release it on herself."

Blade Turned back to the girl he moved with in four feet of her and then three and stopped. He was afraid that the girl had gun and could turn on him. He could careless if she pulled the trigger on herself it was just potential lost and it could be gained in someone else. So blade leaned in almost face to face with the girl he didn't smile he let his glowing orange eyes stare into her eyes.

"You have several choice before you little girl. You can continue to live under your mask, you can shoot the Jedi and I will show you away to true power, you can shoot yourself in which case you will be forgotten, or you can shoot me and walk away with the Jedi who hides under a mask himself."

Mai Zarifa
May 2nd, 2003, 09:38:29 AM
"Or, I can leave my mark....."

A smile crossed her face, as she moved off the railing so that she is standing on the cat-walk, the blaster now in both hands in front of her, she raises it up in front of her chest, pointing at the tiny crowd behind the Jedi and Blade. Closing her eyes, she pulls the trigger.

*thump* Someone screamed as a man, of middle age wearing a buisness suit, falls over foreward, shot right in the chest. She opened her eyes, her hands shaking, but still smiling.

"There, I did it, I left a mark, now someone will call the watch and I'll get taken away....."

imported_Corin Zetith
May 2nd, 2003, 09:45:58 AM
Corin frowned at the man, the man who was making his job considerably harder.

"There also, my friend, is yet another option, an option that no one need die for. All you have to do is come with me, keep your firearm if it comforts you. No one need die here tonight. Please just come with me, I can show you a new life, a life where you can find acceptance no matter what. For that is what you seek? acceptance? Am i correct?

imported_Corin Zetith
May 2nd, 2003, 09:46:06 AM
"Nooooo!"

Corin glared at Blade, the man who was making his job considerably harder. He was deeply saddened and confused by the girl shooting the other man dead! This was not supposed to be happening. He could help her if she would just listen.

"There also, my friend, is yet another option, an option that no one need die for. All you have to do is come with me, keep your firearm if it comforts you. No one needed to die here tonight. Please just come with me, I can show you a new life, a life where you can find acceptance no matter what. For that is what you seek? acceptance? Am i correct?"

ooc: srry a little mouse happy

imported_Blade Ice
May 2nd, 2003, 12:10:51 PM
Blade watched and smiled as the girl shot the innocent man dead. He liked what she had done even though it wouldn't have been a move he would have made. It really wouldn't make a mark she had only killed one man though.

"He is only one man your mark will be forgotten by the end of the week. So go with Jedi and hide your true self it doesn't matter to me. I'll just leave you two be."

Blade turned and began to walk away from the girl and then he stopped for a second. And turned back.

"You will only be condemned to death when the watch comes; you have proved nothing here today. Except for how stupid you are, you will be condemned to death and your mark on the world will only last a week. You had better choice and you chose the wrong one and if for some reason the watch decides to let you live I will hunt you down and kill you little girl."

Mai Zarifa
May 2nd, 2003, 12:19:34 PM
The smile left her face as she turned the blaster to Blade.

"Then take me with you, my parents probably think I'm dead by now, so it's no loss, and you can show me how to make a bigger mark on this crummy universe."

imported_Corin Zetith
May 2nd, 2003, 07:38:31 PM
Corin just watched in disbelief as the girl accepted a life of distruction and chaos. He wanted to do something, to help her, but he couldn't think of anything, his problem was soon solved when the Watch showed up. The men quickly jumped off their hovercars and surrounded the three of them, blasters raised.

"No! Sith Spit! What's the matter with you man, do you have a soul?" He said to Blade.

Trying to at least persuade the Law, with the force, to hold their fire before things got even more bloody, Corin had no idea what would happen next.

The OFC spoke; "I ORDER YOU TO LOWER YOUR WEAPONS AND COME PEACEFULLY OR WE WILL OPEN FIRE!"

OOC: hey I edited my post above so it makes a lil more sense, my comp i screwy so it didnt show Zarifa's last post.

imported_Blade Ice
May 3rd, 2003, 11:24:19 AM
d to the girl about to tell her to follow him when the watch showed up and surrounded the three of them. Blade stood there calm with look pure joy on his face. He had talked a young potential into leaving with him to Meras where he would train her to be a fighter and survivor and now he got the chance to show this girl some of his skill.

He turned a look to all the watch as well as the Jedi. Blade had no weapons visible to drop most where hidden in his trench coat and the rest where covered by it.

"You know Jedi I do have a soul and unlike the sith I am capable of good deeds. I'm going to teach this young one some thing that no Jedi academy can teach.

Don't worry about the watch girl I'll take care of them and this Jedi if he chooses to step in my way. Blade began to focus on the leader of the OFC as force energy built up blades left hand shut out into thin air giving the force the direction which to move. The force push so extreme the OFC leader shot of the edge and began to fall to his death. At that same moment Blades right hand swept to the inside of his coat and with in an instant he had a thermal detonator in his hand.

"Let us pass or everyone dies!"

The OFC began to part knowing as soon as Blade would be shot or injured he would lift his thumb from detonator taking everyone with him. He wondered if the Jedi knew this.

Mai Zarifa
May 5th, 2003, 12:12:59 PM
A smile passed her lips as she grabbed her dropped backpack, taking Blade's advice and ignoring the Watch, and tossed the blaster back inside it. Moving to stand near Blade, she oggled the dentonator.

"You're not really gonna....?"

She looked from the Watch, to Blade, then back to the Watch.

imported_Blade Ice
May 5th, 2003, 01:49:27 PM
Blade looked down at the girl with a smile and a wink as he sent a force message to her.

"It’s a fake but it will do its job to get use out of here"

Him and Mia continued to walk through the watch with no problem but Blade kept an eye on the Jedi just in case he tried to make some move. soon enough Mia and Blade would be gone and on there way to Meras.

imported_Corin Zetith
May 6th, 2003, 10:13:09 AM
Corin was using the force on a cab driver below to suddenly jerk his cab out of the lane to the left. The OFC hit the cab, most likely breaking some bones as he did so, but he grabbed hold and at least he was alive. He turned back and realized what Blade was doing with the detonator. There was nothing he could do, even if he could disengage it, he could never bring it to him. Corin found out long ago he didnt have any sense of telekinesis at all. He let them go, making sure Blade wouldn't try and needlessly kill another. They walked on and Corin stayed behind to explain to the Watch what had happened.

imported_Blade Ice
May 7th, 2003, 08:46:57 PM
Mai and Blade soon arrived at his ship leaving the watch far behind them. He looked at the little girl as he put the Detonator back into his brown tattered trench coat.

"My names Blade, so what yours?"

Blade figured he should learn the basics of who this girl was before he took her back to Meras and asked his master Dalethria if she would allow him to keep this girl there. He knew Dale well enough to say her choice would be well thought out.

Mai Zarifa
May 8th, 2003, 12:42:12 PM
"Oh, I'm Mai, Mai Zarifa."

She shifted her weight slightly from one foot to the other, and then shifted her backpack foreward so she could zip it closed.

"So, Mr. Blade, what do you want to know about me? Other than my name of course."

imported_Blade Ice
May 14th, 2003, 02:09:00 PM
"Please just call me Blade no need for the Mr. in front of it. Well I know you can fire a gun do you know any other form of fighting?"

Blade wanted to learn as much as he could before returning home to and asking his master for permission to train this one. He would have to present her to Dalethria and Blade hoped that was the only person he would have to deal. Sorsha and Ogre could be very critical at times not that dale couldn't.

Mai Zarifa
May 16th, 2003, 09:24:38 AM
"?"

She tilted her head slightly, as though thinking, and pursed her lips slightly.

"I can handle myself well in a fist fight, but I'm not what you'd called trained...."

imported_Blade Ice
May 16th, 2003, 11:31:15 AM
"Alright then that’s a start. What about your family can you tell me anything about them?"

Blade started into the ship as he listened to Mai, he began to prepare the ship for take off to Meras. He dwelled on what his master would say for a little while but soon put it to the back of his mind.

Mai Zarifa
May 16th, 2003, 12:03:28 PM
"My family?"

Shr hum'ed and hah'ed abit as she tried to get comfortable in Blade's ship before answering.

"Both my parents work, like constantly, and I only have Kate, my little sister, and they don't work anywhere important. My Dad works in some textile factory and my Mom works for a hospital."

imported_Blade Ice
May 16th, 2003, 12:18:12 PM
"Are you willing to accept that you may never see or here from them again?"

Now was time for blade to start the actual interrogation of Mai to test her and see if she was really ready for the path ahead. She had to make choices and most would be permanent. Blade wouldn't be willing to take someone who would have second thoughts.

Mai Zarifa
May 16th, 2003, 12:28:04 PM
"Never?"

Her eyes went wide, and a smile quickly spread across her face.

"Really, never ever? Of course I accept it! They don't care about me, so why should I care if I ever see them again!"

imported_Blade Ice
May 20th, 2003, 10:15:35 AM
"So you except that you will possibly never get to see your family again, good. Do also except that you will be apart of a new family one that must be obeyed and respect no matter how bad they treat you?"

Blade expression was serious as he worked on get the ship warmed up for lift off. She needed to answer these questions carefully before he told her of anything.

Mai Zarifa
May 21st, 2003, 09:14:56 AM
She had to think abit about that one question.

"apart of a new family one that must be obeyed and respect no matter how bad they treat you?"

Hm'ing and ha'ing, once more, she tilted her head to one side before answering.

"I guess it's okay, because I won't do anything to make them mad at me."

imported_Blade Ice
May 22nd, 2003, 02:28:36 PM
"Trust me at of this new family two or more of them will treat you bad just because feel like it. I will try my best to make sure they don't but I won't be able to keep an eye on you all the time."

The ship started to warm up and it was to starting to lift off as blade sat in the pilot's seat. He glanced back Mai with a slight smile.

"I'll ask you one more time to make sure. Do you want to come to Meras with me and learn the true side of the force? If you do sit down and buckle up because you will be at your new home shortly. If not the Hatch is still open and you are free to go.

If you continue on this journey I will warn you there will be days when you won't like me. Also expect to be asked allot of questions when we arrive.

Mai Zarifa
May 28th, 2003, 08:37:36 AM
"Okay then. I am sure, let's go."

Mai smiled back at Blade, a geniune smile, as she sat and waited for him to get the ship going.

imported_Blade Ice
May 29th, 2003, 01:10:19 PM
"Alright then."

The ship began to lift off the plate form and began to rise into the clouded sky above. The huge city Planet of curscant could be seen through the view ports. It wasn't necessarily the nicest site in the world but blade always enjoyed his departures from this city.

Soon they where into blackened space and blade began to prepare the ship for the jump to Hyper space it only be a matter of hours before they reached meras. The true test for this young one would begin there.

His thoughts drifted as star upon star passed by the view port. What would he teach this girl and out of his former and current masters whose style of teaching would he adopt. No he though none of there's he would make his own.

He looked at the girl it had been silent for awhile now; the darkness of space had a tendency to do that. He wanted to say something to her but was sure what to say really. He had done what he had on curscant as a spur of the moment kind of thing.

"We will be home soon Mia, is there anything you would like to ask me before we get there?"

Mai Zarifa
May 29th, 2003, 01:23:22 PM
"It's Mai, not Mia."

She didn't really have anything to ask, but it would be wrong to just ignore Blade.

"Who do you live with? Are you married or something?"

imported_Blade Ice
May 29th, 2003, 01:54:08 PM
"Sorry about that Mai, no I'm not married, I almost got myself hitched once but things didn't work out. I live with my master and her family it is quite an interesting bunch and they will be who you will live with as well. There the Mal Pannis family Dalethria and Ogre are the owners of the mansion we will stay in."

Blade stared out the view port again his eyes trying to count the stars that zipped by his eyes. They where way to fast even for a master force manipulator to count but blade tried anyway.

Mai Zarifa
Jun 6th, 2003, 01:37:25 PM
"Ah."

She let her mind wander, trying to figure out what she would say to these Mal Pannises, and when would she and Blade get there.