PDA

View Full Version : Let's give this another go [OPEN]

Gurney Devries
Apr 28th, 2003, 03:02:39 PM
Last time I tried this, I had Akrabbim to give me a hand. I could feel him guiding me as I attempted to apply the Force in the same way he had, and I had surprised myself with some actual results. Ok, ok... so it wasn't exactly anything you could make out. Still, it was better than most of the stuff I've done as a Padawan. Gave me the hope that I wasn't a total gimp.

I found my way back to the same room in the training academy. The west wall of the room was covered in glass windows which gave a really soothing view of the outside world. I found it extremely helpful for relaxing and meditating. I was hoping that, today, it would help me refine my technique with illusions.

Gurney Devries
Apr 30th, 2003, 06:35:05 PM
Last time, it was a bloody struggle just to make what amounted to little more than a mediocre mirage. Hell, good ol' mother nature could do it better than I could. But I thought that, just maybe, I'd have better luck this time. I felt a little more confident in abilities, having been forced to use them out in the field, so to speak.

My hand reached out a little, almost of its own volition and my fingers twisted a little. Don't ask why, but it helped me concentrate. And I felt... dren, I dunno how to describe it any other way than what it was: I felt the Force flowing through me. A few years ago I wasn't even sure the Force really existed. Now, I'm sitting here and actually messing with it. Sheesh... Jedi, indeed.

I realized with a start that my eyes were closed. I must've closed them when I started trying to make the illusion. Wasn't trying to do anything spectacular... just another sword, like last ti--

Well, call me a bantha's uncle. I opened my eyes and there, in front of me, a long, slender sword slowly rotated in mid-air. It wasn't perfect, mind, but I could definitely tell what it was. The image flickered a little bit every now and then, like a holo transmission that was breaking up. But goddamn. If I hadn't done it.

I let my hand drop to my side and the image faded. I wonder what else I could manage now; I was anxious to find out.