PDA

View Full Version : Diablo 3

Padd
Apr 27th, 2003, 08:48:33 PM
Ok, I love Diablo 2, and I heard tales of a D3 coming out sometime in the future. I checked the Blizzard website but could not find anything. Any of you heard this and/or have links to a valid source?

Morgan Evanar
Apr 27th, 2003, 08:56:35 PM
No, and no. Where do you hear these "tales"?

Besides, Blizzard already has two or three titles in the wings, SC: Ghost and World of Warcraft.

Figrin D'an
Apr 29th, 2003, 01:12:48 AM
Anything on a third Diablo game is pure rumor and speculation at this point. Once the Warcraft III Expansion hits shelves this summer, Blizzard has Ghost and World of Warcraft to finish, like Morg said. They're reviving The Lost Vikings franchise as well. After that... look for them to announce StarCraft II (there were a bunch of easter eggs in WarCraft III that point to this happening).

Then... maybe after all that is done... we'll see something new in the Diablo franchise... but don't count on it for another 3-4 years or so. Blizzard moves notoriously slow on these things.

Dark Lord Dyzm
Apr 29th, 2003, 12:57:51 PM
The rumors are based off a "gag" in a computer gaming magazine I read at a friends house.

Kelt Simoson
Apr 29th, 2003, 05:18:09 PM
I have heard such rumors in other places also, im sticking with Morrowind and its expansions for a while before i change to other fantasy genre games. D1 and 2 have nothing on morrowind in y opinion.

Padd
Apr 30th, 2003, 03:28:05 PM
Well I don't really need to be playing any online games right now, I need to be concentrating on school for the next 4 weeks and I still want to read the Return of the King.

Silus Xilarian
May 11th, 2003, 11:05:11 AM
I wish I could find my copy of D2 :(

I bet my accounts been deleted :(

ReaperFett
May 11th, 2003, 11:21:38 AM
Lost Vikings? Wasnt that the game where you had Three Vikings, and had to get to the end?

Oh, and I heard that Diablo 3 would coincide with the Diablo movie which is in the works.

Figrin D'an
May 11th, 2003, 04:24:23 PM
Originally posted by ReaperFett
Lost Vikings? Wasnt that the game where you had Three Vikings, and had to get to the end?

Yup, that's the one. It was side-scroller, back in the days of SNES and Genesis.

ReaperFett
May 11th, 2003, 04:26:25 PM
I remember that one. Quite fun :)

Sean Piett
May 11th, 2003, 09:33:08 PM
The new Diablo patch info is out now, however.

Dark Lord Dyzm
May 12th, 2003, 10:33:53 PM
Silus, Battlenet has a weird way of deleting old accounts. It almost seems that for every level past I believe one month, you gain an extra day before your charachter is delelted.

I would explain why my level 14, and 12 Mule Necro and Amazon got deleted when Sorc and Barbarian where sill alive and kicking... But after losing an almost complete set of... damn mind went blank, lol, shows when I last played that game.

Reaper, you speak of a movie? PLEASE tell me you gotta link! PLEASE!

ReaperFett
May 13th, 2003, 04:44:17 AM
Nope. But I know tge last Vin Diesel film had to change it's name from Los Diablos because of it.

Dark Lord Dyzm
May 13th, 2003, 10:34:55 AM
Damn, well, I'll be looking for it.

Zasz Grimm
May 15th, 2003, 07:32:12 PM
Originally posted by Dark Lord Dyzm
Silus, Battlenet has a weird way of deleting old accounts. It almost seems that for every level past I believe one month, you gain an extra day before your charachter is delelted.

I would explain why my level 14, and 12 Mule Necro and Amazon got deleted when Sorc and Barbarian where sill alive and kicking... But after losing an almost complete set of... damn mind went blank, lol, shows when I last played that game.

Reaper, you speak of a movie? PLEASE tell me you gotta link! PLEASE!

Wrong, it is merely whenever you last logged into the character. If you log onto a mule, and don't log on once more for three months. It's gone. Also, as of late, if you duped and or you ran bots (Pindlebot, shopbot, Mephbot), you were banned. I believe that they banned over 131,000 accounts. I lost one of mine because I let a friend run a shopbot on my spare accout.

But then of course, there's always Battle.net's 'Character Not Found' bug, which always happens. If you have a blank spot in your character menu screen, a mere create and delete of a new character will fix it, rather, it should.

And as far as D3? I haven't heard a lick of any information from any good reliable source. My friends an I are updated almost constantly, and we keep each other updated, so to my knowledge, no.

However, a long waited patch ( 2 FREAKING YEARS) should be coming out within a month. It entails a hundred new uniques.

In essence, with the new runewords ( over a hundred), uniques, possibly monsters and new ways for skills to be powered (by percentages from items, charms, etc.), it will be a whole new game. With the new ladder being inserted, such a new economy, so no dupes should be there to ruin it.

And even IF we do see a Diablo 3, It will be a while away since Blizzard is concentrating on other projects.

Hope this helps a bit.

Dark Lord Dyzm
May 15th, 2003, 08:57:08 PM
It almost seems

Well anyway, I had always logged on the mule also, to add/sell/trade things in my inventory. Never ran any bots.
Must of forgotten one time to log on. Same must of happened to my friend who told me about it. Funny how one piece of bad info can mess up your entire perspective of things.
O well, live and learn.