PDA

View Full Version : A New Start

Jazz
Apr 27th, 2003, 07:52:52 PM
Jazz walked slowly at her husband's side, her eyes half shut as she leaned on him a bit. She always seemed to feel tired after the incident so now was no exception, why did such misery have to befall them that day?

imported_Blues
Apr 27th, 2003, 08:03:00 PM
"Would you like to stop and rest, honey? We've been wandering for quite a while."

In the attack that brought them to the GJO, Jazz was cut deeply across her stomach, and since she has been more frail and weary than before. Blues embraces her, stopping in the middle of the hall and turning to hug her to him with his two strong arms.

Jazz
Apr 27th, 2003, 08:15:03 PM
Jazz closed her eyes for a moment at the hug then shook her head.

"I can rest when we find a room, I'll be fine for now."

imported_Blues
Apr 27th, 2003, 08:20:45 PM
Blues kisses her lightly before holding her at arms length.

"You're certain? I don't want you to get too exhausted. I'll carry you if you like."

Jazz
Apr 27th, 2003, 08:29:59 PM
"I'm fine for now but I may take you up on that offer later."

She looked down the hall.

"Hopefully we can find a good room easily."

imported_Blues
Apr 27th, 2003, 08:36:16 PM
Blues takes her hand again and leads on, walking slowly so as not to rush Jazz, checking doors as he goes. Some doors have nameplates on them, anywhere from one to two. He notes with surprise that one room has three. Coming upon a room without a nameplate, he tries the door. Locked. Apparently, this one is occupied, but has yet to obtain a nameplate. Next door is another. He tries it, and it yields to his hand as he pushes it open. The bed is just the size for them to share, and the room bears its own little kitchen and bathroom.

"Will this suffice, dear?"

Jazz
Apr 27th, 2003, 08:39:39 PM
Jazz's murky brown eyes looked the room over before she answered.

"This is good."

imported_Blues
Apr 27th, 2003, 08:51:16 PM
Blues walks to the bed and sits on the edge, putting his face in his hands and sighing heavily. She's so...indifferent and depressed. Blues blames himself. He could do nothing. His wife was laid open with a deep swordstroke, and now she will never bear another child.

"Things will get better," he says, more to himself than to Jazz. "I know it."

Jazz
Apr 27th, 2003, 08:57:19 PM
She sits down and rest her head on his shoulder, she doesn't blame him for what happened in any way but she knows he blames himself.

"We will keep others from our fate."

imported_Blues
Apr 27th, 2003, 09:01:13 PM
"More than that..."

He scoops her into his lap, holding her close and breathing in her sweet scent.

"I want to take things back to how they were. I haven't seen you smile since that day, and haven't heard you say a single happy word. I feel so bad for you, honey...I feel responsible for you."

Jazz
Apr 27th, 2003, 09:04:17 PM
"Don't blame yourself, it wasn't your fault. I just have a lot on my mind."

She kissed him softly, she hated to see him worry over it.

imported_Blues
Apr 27th, 2003, 09:08:08 PM
"But...but...I..."

Blues chokes on his own voice, shutting his eyes tightly and burying his face against her shoulder.

"I swore to protect you and our baby. I couldn't do it...what makes me think I could keep others from harm?"

Jazz
Apr 27th, 2003, 09:15:03 PM
Jazz hugged him to her, trying to keep from crying herself again.

"I don't blame you, Blues, we will learn how to better use the force.."

imported_Blues
Apr 27th, 2003, 09:38:06 PM
Protect what's precious to you with these two strong arms.

It was advice Blues had lived his life by, ever since he was a child. It was advice passed from generations ago in his father's family, advice that he had planned to someday share with their little boy. Their son hadn't lived long enough to say one word, let alone recite the ten word adage Blues had kept so close to his heart.

"I should have made better use of it from the beginning...I shouldn't have neglected it and relied on my strength alone...I could have...could..."

His voice fails again, bringing his last words out in an inaudible whisper.

I could have protected you...

Jazz
Apr 27th, 2003, 09:44:08 PM
She kissed the side of his face, tears threatening to fall from her eyes, it hurt her to see him like this, he had always blamed himself when it wasn't his fault.

"We can't change the past..."

imported_Blues
Apr 27th, 2003, 09:59:07 PM
"I know!..." he rasps, running a hand through her hair. "I know..."

Jazz
Apr 27th, 2003, 10:36:00 PM
The tears that were threatening to fall fell freely then, she shut her eyes in an effort to stop them but to no avail.

imported_Blues
Apr 28th, 2003, 07:36:35 PM
The two spend a quiet hour in mourning, each consoling the other as best they could. At last, Blues looks up with a slight smile and kisses his wife.

"Well...should we go out and see who we can meet?"

Jazz
Apr 28th, 2003, 07:52:31 PM
Jazz nods, it didn't do them well to sit around in the quiet room right now, it made them think too much of the past. She dried her eyes by blotting them with her sleeve.

"Would do us some good to meet some of the people of this place."

She kissed him softly before looking into his eyes, wondering if all would be right again someday.

imported_Blues
Apr 29th, 2003, 11:02:12 AM
Again Blues takes her hand and leads her out into the quiet hallway. Seeing no one, Blues decides to go and see the gardens. Outside the air is fresh and cool, and there is no sound other than the breeze and the birds singing.

"Someone will be out here for us to meet, I'm certain. It's beautiful out here."

Jazz
Apr 29th, 2003, 11:17:39 AM
Jazz looked up at the bright blue sky, this planet was quiet here, it reminded her a bit of the home they had left behind. She closed her eyes and listened to the birds singing.

"It's nice and peaceful here."