PDA

View Full Version : Cameo's (sort of)

Garrett Blade
Apr 27th, 2003, 03:22:40 PM
Just been reading through the Chewwie thread, and there seems to be mixed opinions. Though I agree with Fett about the little need to see characters we've already met in the original trilogy. But what about things other than characters? Are there things from the original trilogy that people would like to see in the final prequel?

One thing I would like to see is the Millenium Falcon. It's my favourite ship in the who Star Wars Galaxy. Some people I've talked to say it looks ugly. But it's very distinctive. It's more Star Wars to me than the Imperial Star Destroyers are. I'd like to see it put in somewhere, maybe in a spaceport where one of the main characters ships is docked, or flying past during an action scene similar to the speeder chase on Coruscant near the beginning of Episode 2. I really do love the ship. It has so much history to it, being so old and having been through more users than an old harlot in post-war Paris. I wouldn't even need to see who's flying the ship - just the ship itself would do me. :)

Another thing I wouldn't mind seeing would be Alderaan. All we've seen is the planet from space before it's obliteration. Maybe a scene would take place on the planet - get a feel for what life was like on the planet before it ended. Maybe even see Kessel - the potato-shaped planet.

Any thoughts?

Figrin D'an
Apr 27th, 2003, 04:04:00 PM
It appeared in AOTC, so putting it in again in Episode III might be a bit redundant.

Look for it on the spaceport platform on Naboo, as the transport carrying Padme and Anakin lands... left side of the screen.

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 27th, 2003, 09:16:39 PM
We will see Alderraan that is for certain, IMO. Kessel maybe I have an idea for the end of the movie that would parrell the end of ROTJ, why not show several world under imperial control, maybe Naboo, Kessel, and Kashyykk (the Wookie homeworld) that would give a good representation of the evils of the Empire. As for other things in the OT how about Tarkin, he would be great to see, he could be an Admiral maybe we get to see some relationship beginning between him and Anakin.

Garrett Blade
Apr 28th, 2003, 02:46:00 PM
I wouldn't like to see Tarkin in Episode 3. Peter Cushing died in 1994 and I really dislike it when they get other actors to play existing roles.

As for the Falcon in AOTC - LEMME SEE! I didn't notice it.

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 28th, 2003, 02:47:19 PM
I can see somebody taking his place. My choice would be Jason Issacs who is brilliant playing bad guys.

JMK
Apr 28th, 2003, 03:49:19 PM
I still go with Gabriel Byrne for Tarkin. Or Fiennes. :)

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 28th, 2003, 09:08:46 PM
Byrne has been saying for years he is doing SW so who knows. Fiennes would work as well. I perfer Issacs but that is because he has done such a great job at playing villains recently.