PDA

View Full Version : Fh Ii (njo)

imported_Corin Zetith
Apr 27th, 2003, 02:47:44 PM
Anyone ordered Refugee yet?
I have im going to get it the day it's released.
4/29/03!:)
SOOOOOOOO EXCITED!

MasterPewter
Apr 27th, 2003, 05:48:18 PM
I thought it came out on 5-5-03

MasterPewter
Apr 27th, 2003, 05:48:55 PM
I thought it comes out on 5-5-03

imported_Corin Zetith
Apr 28th, 2003, 10:12:44 AM
The borders near my house is advertising it for April 29th!
maybe its jus something to do with different release dates i dunno

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 28th, 2003, 02:48:17 PM
From what I have heard it comes out tomorrow. I have read some people have already got it though.

Telan Desaria
Apr 28th, 2003, 06:24:36 PM
The new NJO book? Please tell me if there is any mention of the Empire in it.

Admiral Lebron
Apr 28th, 2003, 07:23:50 PM
Force Heretic II?

Lots of Empire if it is. Force Heretic Trilogy is all about Chiss and Imperial Remnant.

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 28th, 2003, 10:47:20 PM
I actually found it at Walmart, I started reading it today, so far it seems very good the Chiss have just showed up.

MasterPewter
Apr 29th, 2003, 02:20:53 PM
I went to Barns n Knoble yesterday and it was not there. Btw i am in the US. I guess I will look thursday for it.

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 29th, 2003, 08:44:20 PM
That is weird it was scheduled to come out Tuesday from what I have heard, I think Walmart just put it out early. Also the book deals with the Chiss and Bakura, we again meet the SSi-sukrara(sp) those big reptile things. So far the book is shaping out pretty good, I am really curious what we will see of the Chiss, (Luke and company are just going to their homeworld)

Jedi Master Carr
May 1st, 2003, 12:08:05 PM
I finished it and I really enjoyed the book First I was really fooled about the Ssi-Ruuuk, I thought they were behind the stuff in Bakura, but it turned out to be the Vong which was very ironic. I thought that was a great surprise at the end. Second I really enjoyed reading the stuff on the Chiss, especially their homeworld, which before now I knew nothing about. I was also glad to see Baron Fel return he played a big role in the book. Also I think the Chiss are being set up to help win the war, I read the book cover from The Unifying force (the final book in the NJO) and it said that Luke, Mara, and Jacen must convince and unwilling ally to help them in a battle near Mon Calamaira. I am guessing the Vong attack the capital and the Rement shows up to help and at the last second when all looks lost the Chiss fleet shows up and turn the tide. That is just my theory. Still I am not sure what this planet Zekot is setting up I feel it is something important but am not sure what it may be.

MasterPewter
May 2nd, 2003, 02:24:58 PM
OK i am not reading the spoiler but I do want to know if there are any major deaths. not who, just fir there are any and how many.

Jedi Master Carr
May 2nd, 2003, 03:44:28 PM
Nothing major in terms of big SW characters people die just nobody really brought up in a book before.

MasterPewter
May 2nd, 2003, 06:49:28 PM
Book 3 maybe then

Jedi Master Carr
May 2nd, 2003, 11:40:55 PM
Maybe though I think we won't have another major character die until either The Final Prophecy or the Unifying Force. There has been people saying for a while that Han will die in the last NJO novel not sure if that is going to be true though.

MasterPewter
May 5th, 2003, 01:35:49 PM
Well we can rule out Luke untill Ben becomes a Jedi. Mara Jade maybe in the final book. Leia Not likely for a while, for her, most-likley old age. Han I could really see him dying in the NJO books. But with him Goes the Falcon. The twins Jacen in som sort of maryterism, Jaina just pure numbers stacked against her. Kyp soon. thats it for now.

Maybe there should be a thread on who we think will die and when ?

Jedi Master Carr
May 5th, 2003, 02:22:57 PM
I think we may have several major deaths in the next couple of books. If you would like to make a thread on it you can, since it was your idea :)

MasterPewter
May 5th, 2003, 02:24:39 PM
cool thanks

Maal Lah
May 8th, 2003, 01:30:15 PM
Has anyone maybe wondered if Zonama Sekot is actually Yuuzhan'tar? I mean its a verdant, living planet...I think it might be a possibility. BTW, I thought Refugee was great. I especially liked the political events that shaped up on Bakura. It was like blow and counterblow, and then blow again.

Pierce Tondry
May 13th, 2003, 01:37:42 PM
Having just finished Refugee, I will contribute my thoughts to the discussion.

First item up for grabs was the disturbing trend Williams and Dix have of interrupting action sequences with scenes that are not nearly as action-oriented. I just can't read parts of the book without feeling intensely thrown-off.

That being said, I think Remnant was a better book than Refugee. The political impact of the Ssi-Ruuvi's attempted conquest is interesting, but not nearly as interesting as the happenings with the Chiss, and the Chiss were not as interesting as the interplay between the Jedi and the Empire in the previous book. I personally was disappointed by the meager contributions Luke, Mara, Jacen, Saba, and Danni made to the book's progress. Having them sit around in a library doing data searches is not interesting or progressive. If the authors were trying to use the search as a way to mark the passage of time, I think they could've done it better.

Another plot execution problem I have is the final battle. Yes, it was confusing for the characters who watched it. But there was also too much confusion for the audience, not enough clarity. I knew what was happening because I was able to weed through the excess statements about doing this or that, and I wish they hadn't left Cundertol unrevealed for quite so long.

And I wish some of these interminable "okay, I'm going to my ship and taking off now because it's time to fight" sequences were cut. Let the action be abrupt and stunning, with sharp starts and stops, not drawn-out with unimportant details.

What I did like about the book were the characters and the general concept the book was based around. I was particularly fond of the point when Soontir Fel points out that the Empire offered Mara an alliance and she turned them down, only to have them showing up a few years later seeking that same object. Cundertol's search for immortality through entechment into a HRD was the perfect hallmark of an insane villain. And I absolutely loved the parts with Nom Anor and the building heresy.

To summarize: the plot and characters provide interest, but the execution of the plot and the action sequences are hard to get through. The book gets a four out of ten for confusing us when it shouldn't but moving things towards a final kickpoint for the Force Heretic trilogy.

Maal Lah
May 19th, 2003, 02:38:36 PM
The funniest thing was the "rebellion" of the P'weck. It was like, "Now we're rebelling now we're not. Oops, fooled you, we actually are rebelling" It was sort of stupid, but overall the book was good, but not as good as Enemy Lines was.

Jedieb
Jul 1st, 2003, 06:41:23 PM
I finished it last week and I can honestly say that the first 3/4 were utterly boring. Things picked up at the end but not enough for me to say this was anything but a waste of time. This whole storyline should have been wrapped up 3 books ago. Shatterpoint will be a welcome change of pace.

Argos5
Jul 10th, 2003, 03:00:48 PM
Quick plug- To know more about Zenoma Sekot... the entire planet has been the subject of a novel called "Rogue Planet", with Anakin and Obi-Wan. Just for those that didn't know.

Admiral Jameson
Jul 16th, 2003, 01:50:28 PM
i just got force heretic 3 in the mail yesterday, so far im 21 pages into it.

Opie-wan
Jul 18th, 2003, 07:20:35 PM
OMG you will love Force Heretic III is great! i couldnt put the book down when i got it.