PDA

View Full Version : Dirty Rotten Scoundrels: The Double Cross (open)

Nicholai Korhal
Apr 25th, 2003, 04:25:21 PM
Just another ordinary money-making day on possibly the most capitalistic, egotistical planet in the galaxy. If you wanted to loot a bank for cash, you go to Vjun. But Coruscant had better security and more people. So it was easier and more likely to find what you wanted. All kinds of people put items in safety deposit boxes all over the City-planet. Exotic and rare items worth millions of credits locked away behind bars. People called it "safe". But nothing in this galaxy is truly safe. At least not from these mercenaries. Criminals. Smugglers. Bounty Hunters. Assassins. Slicers. Guns-for-hire. They weren't the lowest of the low. They had standards. But they certainly weren't angels. They were just regular people trying to earn a living. Quite a collection of rogues! An ex-com, a wannabe-hero, a femme fatale, a giant, a midgit, a geriatric and a droid. They'd been hired to loot the bank and steal the diamonds, get out and deliver them to their employers benefactor. To cut a long story short; they've broken in, subdued the guards, secured the building, broken into the safe, raided everything and found no diamonds. And now they're really peeved. Time momentarily stood still as they all stared into the empty safe as the sirens and alarms simultaneously went off, despite them cutting all the seciruty systems off from the central computer network that linked directly to the local authorities headquarters down the street. Then with a cold, white flash, time kicked in again.

"Dammit! That lousy rotten.... aaaah!!! He screwed us over! I can't believe he screwed us!"

Nicholai paced back and forth before the safe, his hands up by either side of his head clasping his short brown/grey hair. Sweat trickled down his face into his stubbly beard. He wiped himself down with a rag. it didn't matter a shis face was already dirty thanks to the ten-minute crawl through the service pipe that lead into the basement of the building. He took another look inside the safe. According to his employer he should have been staring at three hundred million credits-worth of Da Soocha diamonds, cut and polished and ready for sale to the highest bidder on the white market. Instead he was looking at a note with, written in bold, red ink...

Sorry guys. Have fun!

Nicholai was mildly amused. The only thing that made him laugh was the thought of their employer having absolutely no idea what Nicholai was going to do to him once they found him. He started to calm down. He was really caught off-guard as this was the last thing he expected to happen. In his state of near-nirvana-induced complete and total calm, he picked up a plasticrete stool and hurled it at a mirror outside the safe up on one of the marble walls. As the smashing of glass ended he heard the sirens of response units grow louder and louder a few streets away.

"This is doin' my head in!"

Malick Rain
Apr 25th, 2003, 09:15:59 PM
How stupid these bank robbers where, not a single one of them seen the inside job before it was to late and now the real criminals of Curscant where getting away with the loot. Malick looked at his Gang brothers with a half cocked smile on his face.

"There going to take the fall and we are going to walk scott free thanks to Jackey Bird bank teller."

"Malick man I can't believe you talked her into it."

"It was simple my friend she wanted me and I wanted the money before those Mercs got there grubby hands on it."

"You still have told us how you found out about the job."

"Simple enough stupid people talk when they think no ones listening. You got to learn to keep your mouth shut, eyes open and your ear to the door.

Now guys we are exactly on easy street we are going to have to lay low for a few days. I'll take the Jewels to the normal money spot I suggest we see or talk to each other for the next week or so. So John, Jackey, Henry and Ally I'll see you in a weak or so."

Malick departed from the group as they all went there separate ways. There was no way in hell anyone would know it was the Devils Crypt gang that pulled the joint. Malick knew soon enough some dumb Mercs would be going down for crimes they didn't commit and it’s what they got for talking too much.

The Gamester
Apr 27th, 2003, 01:54:09 PM
Walking from the safe room to the main security terminal in the next room, Ray muttered to himself in controlled anger. They were in trouble, but not danger. Not yet at least.

"Pawns like devils in the night, fly to shoot and shoot in flight. But there's nothing left to shoot, when the devils fly the coop."

Titus stared blankly at him as he spoke, but Ray ignored him and carried on through the doorway. Doorway as the door was now missing. As was the doorframe and most of the surrounding wall thanks to Titus' earler display of frightened impatience to get rid of the guards on the other side. He sat down at the console and began to investigate the current status of the security systems. They may have taken the defenses out. But Ray was certain he could bring them back online faster than you can say...

"Tackle me down with an Old Republic Juggernaut and call me Eureka! I've got it!"

A high-pitched yet quiet klaxon began sounding in the main room above the entrance doors. The blast doors were still shut tight, but the access panel to the right was now ajar. A smile swam across his closed lips as he jumped up out of his seat. Prancing gleefully over to the now-accessible access-hatch, he removed a small pincer-like device from his utility belt and donned his goggles. He crouched down beside the access panel and began oooo-ing and ahhhh-ing.

"Oooooooh! Ahhhhhhhhh! Well, now let me see. Ah yes, here we go!"

He called over his shoulder, sensing Kit nearby. He wasn't a Jedi by any means, but he had the sensing thing going on pretty nicely.

"Fancy giving me a hand here, big guy?"

Malick Rain
May 6th, 2003, 08:39:04 PM
Malick just smiled his way to the hiding spot where he would store the Jewels. In a certain amount of time no one would care anymore and those robbers would be in jail for a crime Malick had committed.

Some one religious would say what Malick did would be a sin but to Malick it would have been a sin to let the Jewels rot in that Bank and not in his. Life was grand when you are and top and ahead of the game, those robbers should have known there fate.

Malick Hide the jewels and then made his way Back home to rest comfortable for a few days until it cooled off a bit. One thing about Malick he was always a thinker he thought everything through before he moved in.