PDA

View Full Version : The New Page Layout.....

Xazor Elessar
Apr 24th, 2003, 03:33:02 PM
.....is causing me a major migrane. Seriously, everyone -- if I'm not around a lot it's because of the way the pages appear on this site. :( It's really hurting my head because the text is so big and out of wack. I like it, but my brain doesn't. :(

Sorry everyong, but honestly -- I feel like I'm going to be sick. :cry

Xaz'
:\

ReaperFett
Apr 24th, 2003, 03:35:11 PM
Eh? If the text is too big, you edit it on your side.

Xazor Elessar
Apr 24th, 2003, 03:39:55 PM
I can?? :huh

It's really annoying, honestly -- and I don't know how to fix it. :(

ReaperFett
Apr 24th, 2003, 03:45:49 PM
View > Text size

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 24th, 2003, 04:33:00 PM
The pages don't look different to me...???

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 24th, 2003, 04:33:44 PM
Have you tried a different style set?

Droo
Apr 24th, 2003, 04:34:46 PM
Xaz has forgotten to take her pill today! :)

Xazor Elessar
Apr 24th, 2003, 04:36:51 PM
:x

I have the biggest migrane in the world and honestly, this thing is making it worse.

I haven't tried a new page setup and I don't know where to go to fix it. :cry

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 24th, 2003, 04:43:30 PM
I don't understand what it is you're talking about Xazor...if the text is too big, go up to your web browser and click "view"...and then go to Text Size....choose SMALLEST or something other than "very large."

And if you want to change your style set, then go to your User CP and Change OPtions and pick a different one...try the Streamlined or something. ??

If you have a migraine, just go rest your eyes.... :(

Dae Jinn
Apr 24th, 2003, 04:43:55 PM
if you use Explorer, at the top there is a menu called "view", click that and go down to "Text Size" and try changing that. If not, I have no clue. Trying a different style set might help too. :\

EDIT --- Change your style from Jedi. I checked it out, and it hurt my eyes after about 5 seconds! :lol Too bright!

TheHolo.Net
Apr 24th, 2003, 04:51:36 PM
Originally posted by Xazor Elessar
Re: The New Page Layout..... The newest layout is at least a month or two old now (T-Phantom), and according to your display within posts, you aren't using it. Text sizes or styles have not been changed on this end (server side) in any of the styles since they were each initially created. The Jedi style is over a year old now.

Zeke
Apr 24th, 2003, 04:53:50 PM
This happened to me once! Everything in Internet Explorer doubled in size. I just don't remember how I fixed it. It's a problem on Xaz's end, not with the site itself.

Xazor Elessar
Apr 24th, 2003, 04:54:25 PM
I know, I've been using the Jedi style since I came here about a year and some months ago. It's been fine until I came on today and so now, all the text is really huge. :\ Maybe it's on my end -- I'll check it out and see. It's not only that, but everythings in bold. :lol

I mean, even the part that says "All times are GMT -6 hours. The time now is 05:52 pm." is really huge. Everything is. :(

Zeke
Apr 24th, 2003, 04:56:19 PM
Hey Xaz. On your Internext Explorer, go to "View" at the top, then go down to "Text size" and see what that says. O' course, Fett suggested it already, but...yeah. Do like Fett said and see if it works!

Xazor Elessar
Apr 24th, 2003, 04:56:42 PM
Okay, nevermind -- it was on my end and I fixed it. :) That's what the prob was, Zekey -- it's all better now. :)

Guess I'm gonna go rest my eyes now -- my head's killing me. :x Thanks for all of your help guys -- and chicks. ;)

Figrin D'an
Apr 24th, 2003, 04:56:44 PM
This is very strange... it has to be the text settings within your browser, Xaz. Try what has been suggested (it's the same general location in IE, Mozilla, Netscape, or whatever), and if that doesn't work, maybe go to Windows Update (if you're using IE) and see what's available.

ReaperFett
Apr 24th, 2003, 04:57:32 PM
Zeke Zeke Zeke, like anyone listens to me :)

Xazor Elessar
Apr 24th, 2003, 04:58:39 PM
*huggles Fett*

I listened to you. :) Thankies....everyone else listened to you too. :)

Zeke
Apr 24th, 2003, 05:03:04 PM
Dude, if I recall, you're the one that fixed it when I had the same problem.

Gurney Devries
Apr 24th, 2003, 05:45:27 PM
FYI - Often, people accidentally change the text size of their browser by holding down the Ctrl button and moving your mouse's scrollwheel. I've done it by accident once or twice myself.

Xazor Elessar
Apr 24th, 2003, 05:56:13 PM
Ooooooo, that could be the problem. I actually think I did that. :lol

Dae Jinn
Apr 24th, 2003, 06:04:58 PM
Well, now you know how it happened, and how to fix it. Problem solved. :)

And, I hope your head feels better. :D

Xazor Elessar
Apr 24th, 2003, 06:06:03 PM
Thanks chica -- it's feeling a bit better. *huggles* :)

AmazonBabe
Apr 24th, 2003, 08:24:47 PM
FYI - Often, people accidentally change the text size of their browser by holding down the Ctrl button and moving your mouse's scrollwheel. I've done it by accident once or twice myself.

I've done that before. I've even done the holding the SHIFT key down while scrolling and watching my browser go to the previous page... that one threw me for a loop when it happened. :lol

Charley
Apr 24th, 2003, 09:30:46 PM
The problem is, there's obviously too much estrogen clogging up your motherboard.