PDA

View Full Version : Chewbacca in Episode 3

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 23rd, 2003, 09:11:32 PM
Just saw this on theforce.net here is the official link

http://www.starwars.com/episode-ii/news/2003/04/news20030423.html

I think that is cool Chewie could easily be fit into the film he is old enough that is for sure, not sure what the scene will be. The only one I can think of is maybe showing the wookies getting enslaved.

ReaperFett
Apr 23rd, 2003, 10:09:17 PM
Oh for Pete's sake!

Is the galaxy so small that we have to keep getting characters back? We dont NEED to see Chewbacca! Rather than giving some fanboys something to gush about, how about some actual story development?

They ruined Boba, watch them ruin Chewie :rolleyes

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 23rd, 2003, 10:18:05 PM
I think he will hardly be in it. I am guessing a cameo probably showing the Wookies being enslaved, which would show the evils of the Empire.

Heero Luna
Apr 24th, 2003, 05:58:50 AM
Is the galaxy so small that we have to keep getting characters back? We dont NEED to see Chewbacca! Rather than giving some fanboys something to gush about, how about some actual story development?

Couldn't have put it better myself Fett.

Marcus Telcontar
Apr 24th, 2003, 06:16:50 AM
Crap, the world's ending. I can do no more than to agree with Fett!

ReaperFett
Apr 24th, 2003, 06:21:21 AM
I understand why he could be used, but why not any old Wookiee. If Corellia was involved, do we have to show Wedge and Han?

Jedieb
Apr 24th, 2003, 09:08:22 AM
It's certainly good news for Mayhew. I think it'll be neat to see Chewbacca in there. The first time he's seen on screen will be great, but it'll probably be downhill from there. I'm just hoping we get several Wookies on screen and maybe a visit to Kashykk(sp?).

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 24th, 2003, 11:36:46 AM
I think we will see a lot of wookies, not sure if Chewie will be that recongnizable. I am thinking it will be a cameo, I kind of like it I really want to see the wookies in the prequels and really they haven't been seen much except that easter egg in TPM.

JMK
Apr 24th, 2003, 06:43:46 PM
I'm all for a Chewbacca cameo, but nothing more. Seeing the wookies getting enslaved would be cool though.

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 24th, 2003, 08:19:14 PM
Yeah maybe throw in some Trandshons (sp) Bossk's species that would be even cooler.

Jedieb
Apr 25th, 2003, 08:23:24 AM
The idea of some Trandoshans and Wookies going at each other is just sooooooo sweet. But I doubt we'd get anything that bloody. It seems most of the enemies that get chopped up in the prequels are mechanical. Wouldn't it be great to see dozens of Trandoshan limbs getting ripped from their sockets? After all, they grow back. Where's the harm?

JMK
Apr 25th, 2003, 09:26:17 AM
While that would be cool, I think a setting like that would seem a little too "Expanded Universe". But you're right Eb, it would be no harm! They do grow back! :lol

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 25th, 2003, 12:11:50 PM
I was just thinking of glances of them maybe have guns on the wookies putting them in ships or something, this could be very quick stuff, it might at the end of the movie showing how the evil empire is treating the galaxy.

AmazonBabe
Apr 26th, 2003, 06:04:13 PM
Personally... I'm really not picky. I'll be happy with whatever they throw at me. :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 27th, 2003, 12:36:13 PM
*throws a piano at her*

>D

Wei Wu Wei
Apr 28th, 2003, 12:17:59 PM
WEll, semi-off topic, I didn't think they ruined Boba at all by putting him in AOTC as a kid. I mean, Obi Wan went to where they were making the Jango clones, so Boba was bound to appear sometime or the other.

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 28th, 2003, 12:28:33 PM
I thought they did a great job of putting Boba Fett in AOTC it actually makes his character more interesting and more important in the films.

JMK
Apr 28th, 2003, 01:25:06 PM
I don't really care that he's in the prequels. :\

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 28th, 2003, 02:05:41 PM
Just curious why is that? I guess for me its because I am Boba Fett :)

JMK
Apr 28th, 2003, 03:44:02 PM
While I didn't feel it was necessary to see him in the prequels (meaning that he didn't HAVE to be an unaltered clone) it didn't ruin the movie for me.

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 28th, 2003, 09:07:42 PM
Oh Okay I understand, I don't think it was necessary though personally it does do more for his character, I am curious what he will do it Ep 3.

JMK
Apr 29th, 2003, 07:02:17 AM
I will be very disappointed if he doesn't do something significant, like wipe out a few big jedi.

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 29th, 2003, 12:32:45 PM
As long as it isn't Mace :p He will be like 14 or 15 in Ep 3 I guess so he could take some jedi down I think. I am wondering if he will take out some Padawans hense the braids on his shoulder.

JMK
Apr 29th, 2003, 12:48:01 PM
I hope that happens, but I think Lucas has gotten too soft and won't show any of that stuff going on. We'll see some mass killing of Jedi and then Boba wearing some braids. We won't necessarily know that they are youngling padawan braids, which IMO carries more weight than knowing they are regular padawan braids.

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 29th, 2003, 08:41:49 PM
I think he will be killing aprentices in the film, he may kill some of the kids in the Eu or something.

JMK
Apr 29th, 2003, 09:30:34 PM
Ugh, that would really arouse my ire.
If Episode 3 is supposed to be dark, then Lucas should mean it. I want to see the most unimaginable atrocities committed as the Republic crumbles. Padawans killed, worlds blasted to dust, the works.

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 29th, 2003, 09:58:10 PM
I think it might be implied but I don't think he will kill kids onscreen at least we won't see it, I think the movie would get a R rating which would be bad to me.

Marcus Telcontar
Apr 30th, 2003, 01:09:06 AM
Lucas is a spineless, gutless, money grubbing sellout. You really think Chewbacca or Boba Fett being in these films really contribute to the story or anything? Look at LOTR to see what could be done for darkness on PG13! If he was serious, it would be truly dark and even not suitible for children. He promised lots of things and so far he has faied to deliver. You know what? He should get out of the comfort zone and be daring. Dare to outrage the fans not through dumb Jar Jar Bs, but something so out there, so in your face and dark, the casual fan hardly recognises it, but leaves the prequels out with a true bang.

JMK
Apr 30th, 2003, 06:07:56 AM
I wouldn't go so far as to say he's gutless and spineless, but I do think the comfort zone he has with Star Wars has deterred him from doing anything different or even risky. He thinks these movies are going according to plan and says he has some weirder projects he wants to do after Star Wars is finished. My guess is that he's saving all of his unique stuff for those things so that he doesn't have to alienate any SW fans. He's keeping it simple IMO.

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 30th, 2003, 12:31:58 PM
But they are for kids and were he won't make them not for children and I like that. I have a nephew and it is difficult to find films to let him watch Star Wars is safe and I want him to keep it that way.

BUFFJEDI
Apr 30th, 2003, 06:41:34 PM
Like Carr said Starwars is for Kids.

There are only about two things that I could think of that would turn me off from Starwars and showing kids Killed would do it in a heart beat.

Padd
Apr 30th, 2003, 07:11:34 PM
Ok, personally I think what they did for Boba in AOTC was great, except for the fact that now we know what he is really supposed to look like. Before we could just imagine it, but now we know. If any of you have read the Young Jedi Knights series, you know that one of the characters in there (forgot which one) brings up the idea of Boba actually being a girl. Though I dismissed this idea quickly, it was something to think about.

Chewie in Ep3? Wonderful! Chewbacca is awesome, and it would be cool to see him before he was Han's partner.

Make Ep3 "R" rated? NO! That's like making an adult version of Power Rangers. It shouldn't happen, and it won't happen. The idea of killing apprentices and stuff is too graphic, but, as mentioned earlier, the idea may be expressed by Fett having padawan braids.

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 30th, 2003, 07:36:36 PM
I think some things might be refer to we might hear that some younger aprentices died, but if Boba kills anybody it will be older aprentices, I don't see him killing masters though.

Padd
Apr 30th, 2003, 07:38:52 PM
Me either, especially after Mace Windu got ahold of Jango lol

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 30th, 2003, 07:58:20 PM
I think Vader/Anakin will take down most of the masters (the ones remaining or the Emperor.

Padd
Apr 30th, 2003, 08:04:41 PM
I want to see the Emporer fight. The only time we really get to see him use his powers is in ROTJ when he uses lightening on Luke. It would be awesome to see him fight Yoda!

Marcus Telcontar
Apr 30th, 2003, 08:44:01 PM
Originally posted by JMK
I wouldn't go so far as to say he's gutless and spineless, but I do think the comfort zone he has with Star Wars has deterred him from doing anything different or even risky. He thinks these movies are going according to plan and says he has some weirder projects he wants to do after Star Wars is finished. My guess is that he's saving all of his unique stuff for those things so that he doesn't have to alienate any SW fans. He's keeping it simple IMO.

And he hasn't alienated enough fans alreasdy by sticking to plan and playing safe, keeping simple?

Yoyu know what? Star Wars was a huge risk when it first came out. If you play safe, your doomed to being medioce. I would much prefer Lucas go stuff it, it's the last one and take some true risks. A safe Ep III would be boring. It's predictable. Jedi fall and Vader arises. Wow. Hey, you know something - WHO CARES.

I'll put it this way. We know the basic story of LOTR. It's no spoiler anymore to say what happens in the end, cause we Tolkein geeks know. If Jackson played safe, we'ld have a moive that matched the book, but could well have been a yawn. Instead he took big risks, made changes and went out of the comfort zones to produce something he believed was great. Now you tell me, after the changes, the risks, do you think it was worth it? LOTR geeks are getting what SW geeks should have got. SW geeks are getting blech and its not right. TPM is a bad, bad movie. AOTC was only saved by a final act. Look at the beginning 2/3's and you see a complete mess. This is what happens when you choose safe, reliable. It's just mass market dross.

Lucas, take the big risks. Risk alienating fans and maybe, just maybe you will produce a true masterpiece like ANH was and still is. Move out of the comfort zones.

I'm afraid tho, with the news Chewbacca is in, he's choosing safe and reliable. Blech.

Figrin D'an
Apr 30th, 2003, 09:18:16 PM
Geez, Marcus... I don't think I've ever before seen such a rabid fan of just a few years ago turn into a basher of this magnitude. I'll agree that TPM wasn't all that it could have been... there were many things that could have been done a lot better, or differently. There were still things about it that were enjoyable, and even quite well done. AOTC had some awkward dialogue moments, but it was still a good film.

The Chewie cameo could work, but, IMO, it needs to be brief... I know GL has this thing about symmetry, and he loves having all these ties between characters that bridge generational gaps... but having Chewie really interact with the other major players in Episode III risks becoming comic irony rather than adding any real depth... then, instead of being an integral part of the storyline, it gets reduced to a gimic.

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 30th, 2003, 09:20:46 PM
If Chewie is just a cameo so what it wouldn't hurt the story at all. And what risk could he take? I can't think of any the story has to go a certain way there is nothing you can do about that. The only thing left would be why? He can't just change the story and show something else its not possible. And don't compare LOTR that is difference besides I keep the two seperate I am tired of this comparison crap between the 4 big Franchises (SW, LOTR, HP, and the Matrix) there is no need to do that junk can't these films stand on there own.

Marcus Telcontar
Apr 30th, 2003, 09:34:23 PM
I re-watch all five again. It was eye opening. The first three are absolute class. There's a spirit and a charisma there that the prequels lack. There's just a way the first three came together to form something beyond their parts. I do still dearly love the first three.

But TPM? I cant believe I defended that dross. I cant believe my attitute then. I was drunk, surely, drunk of the fact there was a new SW movie. Well, it's time for me for the hangover. I tried, I honesty did to watch TPM again in one sitting. I just cant. It's painful. It's worse becuase you are right, a few changes and TPM would have been vastly better. I can clearly see that.

What staggered me was the AOTC DVD. Why in name of Mike did he choose those utterly awful cut scences? I think I was horrified. I was also horrified to see Lucas int he making of documentaries just surrounded by yes-blerks, fawning on Lucas to do this exactly how he wanted them to be done. Hardly artistic licence there.

Form a producer POV, TPM and AOTC dont have much wrong. Technically, they are up there too. Production values are very high. But all the computers, artists and sound systems wont buy spirit and just that soemthing charismatic the riginals had and the prequels lack.

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 30th, 2003, 10:43:59 PM
I disagree but that is just my opinion. I loved both films and rank AOTC my second fav. SW behind TESB.

Padd
May 1st, 2003, 03:23:06 PM
I personally liked TPM. Besides the last parts of AOTC, that movie bored me. I guess it is because until the end it lacked any action at all. TPM is what got me RPing, way back when it came out, and I still like that movie. I think I stand alone when I say Jar Jar Binks is cool lol.

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 10th, 2003, 09:46:54 PM
Saw this on theforce.net could be something cool have to wait and see Ashley B. sent this in. Spoilers follow! Highlight to read!

I attended the Walt Disney Star Wars Weekend at MGM Studios, Orlando, on Sunday the 8th of June. The celebrity guests were Jeremy Bullock and Peter Mayhew. At 2pm they had a 'Questions and Answers' session with the two stars. About 200 people attended inside the ABC on-site cinema. Anyway, out of this session came this very VERY interesting piece of info from Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca in EP3).
He confirmed he will be returning as Chewbacca. The interviewer, whos name was Brian Stone I believe, pushed Mayhew a little further into what Chewies role will be in Episode 3. Mayhew seemed pretty uncomfortable at that point, sitting forward in his chair. In a much quieter voice he announced to the audience, and this is almost a straight quote as me and my partner remember it, "Chewbacca rescues and delivers the two children to Ben Kenobi". He then sat back in his chair and refused to commit any more.

So I hope this is of some interest to you. And as we wondered the park that afternoon, one thing seemed to back up Mayhews info. Chewbacca and Obi-Wan Kenobi seem to already know each other in the Cantina in A New Hope. Perhaps this falls into place? What other reason would Chewie be in EP3 if not to show a connection to Kenobi

JMK
Jun 11th, 2003, 08:48:51 AM
That would be an AWESOME role for Chewbacca!

But that begs the question if Chewie saved the twins, why was he so hostile towards Luke on the Death Star when he tries to put the binders on him? I'm nitpicking, but still what's with that?

ReaperFett
Jun 11th, 2003, 09:06:59 AM
That is the defination of sucking. Open the dictionary, and the man who suggested that idea's picture is there.

I want my Han and Chewie to be outsiders to him who do it for MONEY, not for a favour. Jeez, a whole galaxy, and conveniently a hermit on Tatooine knows two smugglers that travel the galaxy :|

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 11th, 2003, 11:11:38 AM
Well Han sure didn't see it as a favor, Chewie couldn't influence that much, IMO. Han did everything for a price. I am also not sure What Chewie's role in ep 3 is completely it will be interesting to see

ReaperFett
Jun 11th, 2003, 11:16:19 AM
Well, I bow have little faith in Lucas writing EP3, so at least I'll be suprised :)

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 11th, 2003, 11:58:56 AM
Also we don't know if Mahew is telling the truth or what he was getting annoyed with the question and just said an answer he could have lied to shut them up.

ReaperFett
Jun 11th, 2003, 12:17:29 PM
Surely a better way to shut them up would be a Wookiee bellow followed by choking the questioner? ;)

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 11th, 2003, 09:40:23 PM
LOL, well maybe he is not that kind of guy :)

ReaperFett
Jun 11th, 2003, 09:41:25 PM
I disagree. Havent you seen the picture of him choking RA Salvatore? ;)

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 11th, 2003, 09:44:06 PM
Well I didn't think he was being serious there.

ReaperFett
Jun 12th, 2003, 10:25:02 AM
I prefer to imagine he was :)

JMK
Jun 12th, 2003, 11:34:37 AM
Hey, I have first hand experience in being in a Peter Mayhew choke hold, he's not being serious!