PDA

View Full Version : I need to speak to the Council (Concerning Inu Aku)

Wei Wu Wei
Apr 23rd, 2003, 09:45:33 AM
Wei entered the Council Chamber and bowed, paying his proper respect before getting straight to the point.

"I recently accepted a former Darksider to our Order, and he was denied access to the Living Quarters not a minute after I allowed him in. I want to know why he was barred like that.

This man has a family, and he has come to us for shelter, to improve his family's life. He acknowledges the error of being allied to the Darkside and now wants to make things right. He deserves his chance to do that, and by keeping him from our facilities we are being hateful to him. He's coming to us for help.

Who are we as Jedi, the keepers of peace and bringers of hope for all people, to deny him the helping hand and the second chance he needs to set his life straight?"

Figrin D'an
Apr 23rd, 2003, 11:03:10 AM
Figrin spoke up on this matter rather quickly.

"We are well aware of Inu's presence here. We were informed as such by the internal security grid. He has been denied nothing. There has been no official decision made on this matter as of yet."

"Inu is a well-known practioner of the Dark Side, and has stood against members of the Order before. It would be inappropriate to allow him into our home without examining more closely his reasons for being here, and determining if he is trustworthy."

"Everyone is allowed a chance to redeem themselves. But to welcome a known enemy into our Order without recourse is not being forgiving. It is being foolhardy and naive. If Inu has indeed given up the dark path, the Council will grant him entry to learn our ways."

AmazonBabe
Apr 23rd, 2003, 04:22:54 PM
:: AB nodded her consent to Figrin's words. ::

We turn no one away, but like with all Darksiders wishing a chance to change, a certain amount of investigation needs to take place.

:: She raised a hand, her elbow still on the armrest, palm upward. ::

Right now, he has good shelter and food for himself and his family in the temporary quarters. And he will not be turned away from there.

:: Unless he gives us reason to have him removed. She kept her thoughts to herself. While she always rejoiced when one of the dark came to the light, she was always warry of any converstion. ::

Wei Wu Wei
Apr 23rd, 2003, 07:03:18 PM
Wei raised an eyebrow at Figrin's use of the word "examine." He didn't fully understand what Figrin meant. Suspicion was normal, he supposed.

"Won't he feel alienated if we put him under the microscope, so to speak? I know I wouldn't feel very comfortable, or very welcome if my actions were under thorough scrutinization," Wei said.

Wei asked what he asked out of curiosity. He wanted to know how the Council planned on doing this evaluation of Inu without making Inu regret turning from the Darkside. "Inu might just get the idea that the Lightside is no better than the Dark if we treat him like a disease or something."

Figrin D'an
Apr 23rd, 2003, 08:04:38 PM
"I assure you, he will not be treated in such a way. He will have a fair opportunity to speak of his current situation."

He leaned forward in his chair, resting his elbows on his knees.

"It is important to understand that Inu must be committed to seeking the path of light. It is imperative that we are assured of this. Because of his trained Force abilities and his knowledge of the Dark Side, he can pose a threat to other Jedi and students within the Temple. Given that he appeared, quite literally, on our doorstep, without prior contact with anyone in the Order... you must agree that some disclosure on his part would be prudent."

"There is a continual two-way street of trust that must built for this to work. He has been given temporary lodging, and will be granted an audience with the Council. We are extended this offer in good faith. Inu must now decide if he will trust us, and allow us to question him. He will be forced into nothing... he must take these steps of his own volition."

His words were formed to the fullest extent of his diplomatic skill. He could only hope that Wei, and Inu, would understand the necessity of the actions being taken.

Wei Wu Wei
Apr 24th, 2003, 09:01:32 AM
"Well, it sounds ok to me. So, should I bring him here, or tell him that you guys are going to go see him, or should we meet in the middle somewhere?"

Wei just hoped Inu would be ok with it. No doubt he would, considering that meeting with the Council would be a step in the right direction to take care of his family.

Navaria Tarkin
Apr 24th, 2003, 01:52:18 PM
"I believe that we can meet him face to face in the quarters assigned to him. Seeing his family could provide more insight into his true feelings ... if Inu is really committed to begin walking down the path of Light.

Besides, until his motives are clear ... such areas designated for the Jedi only, like this Chamber, are to remain off limits to him"

AmazonBabe
Apr 24th, 2003, 04:17:18 PM
Agreed.

:: AB voiced her agreement of Navaria's words. ::

Helenias Evenstar
Apr 24th, 2003, 10:10:23 PM
This was most odd.

"Has this... Inu shown signs of peaceful tendancies? A Sith rebelling against their teachings would show signs of this by past behaviour. Is it not unsual a Dark Sider just walks in here and tells he or she wishes to be a Jedi? Thence, it is right the Council shows caution. Agreed with Jedi Knight Tarkin I am"

Wei Wu Wei
Apr 25th, 2003, 07:08:12 AM
"He's raised a family," Wei said. It was beyond him that a Darksider could have a family.

"He has a wife, and two small children that he loves more than himself. Even when he was talking to me, his attention was still fixed on the well being of his children. He even mentioned to me the need to find a job so he could feed his children. I have a very difficult time believing that any true Darksider would be able to express such selfless devotion to anyone save themselves."

AmazonBabe
Apr 25th, 2003, 04:51:43 PM
And Darksiders are also very adept at deceiving.

:: AB sighed softly. ::

Wei, we will give Inu the benefit of the doubt and speak with him. But for the sake of caution and safety to the rest of the Order, it must be under the rules we establish.

It doesn't mean that we're going to shut him out by meeting with him in the temporary quarters. On the contrary, we'll be open as most of us are curious to hear his story. We're just being careful. Best to test the waters before plunging in.

Wei Wu Wei
Apr 25th, 2003, 07:14:37 PM
Wei was ok with the Council's decision to examiine Inu, but AB's comment about Darksiders being good at deception got to him.

"Sure, Darksiders are good tricksters, but how do you fake something like that?" He asked himself more than he asked the Council. The subject of Inu was passed and gone. Now Wei was learning a lesson. Being a Knight didn't mean that he stopped learning.

Navaria Tarkin
Apr 26th, 2003, 10:06:33 PM
"Then let me tell you a tale of a Dark Sider I know all too well. Her name is Dalethria Mal Pannis ..."

Navaria paused, letting the name sink in, especially to those present that knew her connection to Dalethria.

"She loves her family implicitly. Husband, Sister and Daughter. All of them ... Her love is not fake... but she is ruthless and cold hearted as ever. A family doesn't change anything of the true character of a person ...

Only through action does it dictate the truth that lies within the heart."

Wei Wu Wei
Apr 27th, 2003, 08:56:22 AM
Wei thought it over for a second. "I didn't know that," Wei said, referring to Dalethria. "Well, I suppose I was wrong about Darksiders not being able to have families. Very well. Thank you for hearing me, Council, and for teaching me this very valuable lesson. I will let Inu know to expect you at his quarters."

Wei bowed, but before he left he asked, "May I be excused?" Wei had never really thought about it before, but now that he did think about it, it would be best to ask the Council's permission for him to go. He wouldn't want to leave and the Council still have something to say.

AmazonBabe
Apr 27th, 2003, 07:09:32 PM
:: AB smiled. ::

I think all has been said that was needed to be said.

:: She looked at the other Council members present. ::

If no one else has any questions or comments to add, you are most certainly free to go.

Figrin D'an
May 3rd, 2003, 12:30:39 AM
OOC: Council follow-up attention requested here (http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28811).