PDA

View Full Version : Watching And Waiting....

Dark Lord Rivin
Apr 23rd, 2003, 12:56:55 AM
A dark cloaked man walks into the B&G, and to a back booth. his face is hidden by the hood on cloak he has on. He sits there intill a droid comes to take his order....

"I'll have a steak...Blue Rare... And a glass of your red wine."

The droid hurrys off to fill the order.. He sits there... Waiting .... Watching....One can only win if they understand the enemy... He wishes he had his lightsabers, though he doubts that the gards would have let him in with them.... One of the other people in the bar walk past, his voice deep, and dark, He asks them...

"Excuse me...Do you know a boy named Garen?...He lives with the Jedi..."

The man says "no" and moves away quickly..

He continues to sit.... Watching.... Waiting....

Marga Alton
Apr 23rd, 2003, 08:30:49 AM
Marga had entered the B&G earlier that night and was just a couple tables away from Rivin when she hears him ask somebody about Garen. That right there perks her interest even more then him just entering. Her eyes had been on since he entered. Anything to do with Garen right now makes her interested since it is just three days after he had been attacked in the LQ. She feels especially bad about that since she had been on one of her night time excursions out to the streets to do some practising with her abilities.

Standing up and grabbing her juice, she walks over to Rivins table, a frown on her face as she just quickly checks the guy over with her powers and notices that he is big time Darkside. She puts her juice down on the table and then she places her hands, palm down, on the table on either side of her juice as she leans closer and speaks through telepathy.

What do you want with Garen? If you wish to harm him, well, you'll be sorry pal.

Dark Lord Rivin
Apr 23rd, 2003, 09:26:57 AM
Rivin Looks up at Marga. The look of his eyes are enough to send chills up most peoples spins....

"Young lady.... I have no intentions of harming him. I only wish to talk to the boy..... He holds a dangerouse Item...... They are after him..... They will take...... they will do awful things to his mind and body....."

Rivin's meal shows up, he takes at sip of his wine, and a bite of his almost raw steak.....

"They've been still in their tracks, for many's the year, through watching and waiting they've made their careers...... And they've got frozen hands, like broken down clocks and they wait by the door for opportunity's knock...... They say there's a snake that can shed it's skin when the good old days are wearing thin, but
the good old days have all withered and died. Yet some go on livin' on the sentimental side......."

Marga Alton
Apr 23rd, 2003, 12:40:17 PM
Marga feels a slight shiver run up her spine as Rivin looks at her.

What do you wish to speak to Garen about?

Marga takes a sip of her juice as her other hand goes to the silk covered pendent around her neck and grips it.

As for him having something dangerous, everybody has something dangerous. Even a new born baby.

Dark Lord Rivin
Apr 23rd, 2003, 01:56:12 PM
While Marga is taking a sip of of her juice...Rivin answers her question with more riddles....

"It's saying goodbye, saying hello, to where we have been, where we might go. It's what we have passed, what we might see, It's all that we are, and who we will be."

Rivin takes another bite of his meal....

"Danger like that in your worst nightmares is what lurks with him... I only wish to help him....."

Rognan Dar
Apr 23rd, 2003, 03:04:09 PM
Rognan was in need for a good meal, so he desided to go out to the B&G. Upon entering, he handed his lightsaber over to the guards with a smile. They do such a fine job keeping this place safe, he thought to himself. Once inside he felt a presense that he had not felt in a while. He ventured in, trying to find who it was. As he got closer the presense got stronger, and soon figured out who it was.

He walked up behind her, off to the right, and spoke into her mind, as was normal for her.

Good evening, Marga. Have not seen you in a wjile.

Then he noticed that she was talking to a figure, what looked like to be a man. You couldn't see his face, it was hidden be his hood. He stepped forward so that he was next to her, instead of behind, and saw that she was frowning.

Whats wrong? And who is this man?

Dark Lord Rivin
Apr 23rd, 2003, 03:25:05 PM
"I am a man that is concerned for the safety of the young boy named Garen.... They are comming for him.... They will take...... they will do awful things to his mind and body...."

Rivin takes another bite of his meal....

"They've been still in their tracks, for many's the year, through watching and waiting, they've made their careers...... And they've got frozen hands, like broken down clocks and they wait by the door for opportunity's knock...... They say there's a snake that can shed it's skin when the good old days are wearing thin, but the good old days have all withered and died. Yet some go on livin' on the sentimental side......."

Marga Alton
Apr 24th, 2003, 08:26:01 AM
Marga smiles when she sees Rognan after he's come up behind her. She then says just to Rognan through telepathy.

This guy's asking about Garen. And I've checked him over with the Force and he's a Darksider. I don't trust him one little bit.

And sorry for not being around lately, I've been occupied with some other things lately.

Marga loses the smile that had appeared on her face as she turns her attention back to Rivin, her one hand still on her necklace.

If you are warning us of something, I suggest that you stop talking in riddles pal. I have enough on my mind right now that I don't need to worry about solving some riddle.

Marga's eyes flicker briefly with frustration at this point and she just grips her necklace even tighter.

Marcus Telcontar
Apr 24th, 2003, 08:43:50 AM
When was the last time he was here? Months? Seemed liek ofrever. For him, maybe it was. Maybe he was here for old times sake.

Maybe it was good to be back in a place familiar and safe.

The guards didnt recognise him, but still, he managed to get through with the id he carried. Even with his face hooded and his body cloaked, there was a sheer presence about him that set him apart. Then again, he wasn't exactly the standard Jedi. No Jedi Master was standard, but in his case it was more pronounced.

There was Vash, doing the serving rounds. So, that weirdo had gotten a job in here too. Marcus smirked unseen. One day, he was sure he was goign to figure out that tall thin streak of pelican <smallfont color={hovercolor}>-Censored-</smallfont>. The Jedi warlord strolled past where it seemed a couple of Jedi Padawans were having a discussion with a Dark Sider. The woman wasn't looking too relaxed, come to think of it.

He turned on his heel, heading for the small group. Not his problem, but wouldn't hurt to know what was going on.

"Good evening" he said in a quiet and oddly accented voice, muffled by the hood hiding his face. "Is there a problem here?"

Dark Lord Rivin
Apr 24th, 2003, 11:21:55 AM
"My message is clear, for those that will hear.... The problem is not here, but in the mind of a boy, who's life of chaos is drawing near."

Rivin takes another sip of his wine...

"Tricks on his door sent an old man's heart racing...Tricks on his mind broke his patience in two....He answered the door with the crack of a rifle, paper boy dies delivering the news....he becomes the news. Fold heroes and murders they're condoned and condemned, they're crucified and idolized for taking their stand."

Marcus Telcontar
Apr 24th, 2003, 07:38:50 PM
"The only problem here is someone who cant speak a straight sentance. Advice, friend - if you have something to say, make it plain. Or shut up. Stop wasting time and speak clearly"

Marga Alton
Apr 25th, 2003, 08:40:28 AM
Marga rolls her eyes for a moment before slamming one of her hands down on the table, while keeping her other hand at her necklace holding it. She then goes to speak in telepathy again, hoping that Marcus will be able to understand.

This guy's asking about one of my friends. Oh, and he refuses right now to talk in a straight answer, preferring instead to talk in riddles. I think he's trying to warn us of something, but doesn't want it to sound like he is.

Marga just adds to herself, 'and if he doesn't start talking straight soon, I'm gonna punch the guy'

She then turns to look at Rivin again and takes a deep breath.

The problem is here pal, with you talking in riddles. It's not with some boy elsewhere. Now speak clearly and tell us what you want to say.

Dark Lord Rivin
Apr 25th, 2003, 10:01:15 AM
"Time is only in our mind.... A thing we use but never find.... How can time be a thing to waste, when it can move at any pace..... Time can be still, and time can run fast, yet time is a thing that will never last..... Time can be precous, but have no worth.... It's killed and reborn at each days birth.....The words that I speek would be very clear, if you were the one that was ment to hear."

Rivin smiles to himself.... his plan is working.... The girl is getting angry.... It's turning out better than he hoped.... sometimes, confustion and chaos come hand-in-hand. He hopes that they don't figure out his messages before His apprentice has time to act.

Rognan Dar
Apr 25th, 2003, 02:57:13 PM
Rognan takes his hand and grabs Marga's arm gently and takes her a few steps away from the table and whispers to her.

"I think I might know what he's talking about, but I'm not sure. His riddles are confusing, but some off it is starting to click together.

At the time when those thugs got into his room, and all hell got lose, there was a moment when I was speaking telepathicly to him. When I was doing that I heard a voice, not like he was talking to me, but I could hear it all the same. It was saying something like: kill them all, take hold of your anger, or something like that. But then I heard another voice and it was calm and soothing. I didn't take much notice to it, I thought the poisin might have started to effect him mind ot something. But now that I hear this guy, I think that voice is what he is saying could harm him."

Dark Lord Rivin
Apr 25th, 2003, 04:11:55 PM
Rivin uses the force to hear what Rognan said to Marga.. He doesn't comment, but makes a mental note.... This is defenatly going better than expected.....

"Problems within, and without..... They live in here and all about... Who out there knows where the next problem will be.... But the problem at hand is one we can't see.... There will still be trouble of the brute force kind.... but the worst type of all, are troubles of the mind."

Rivin takes another sip of his wine then repeats....

"They say there's a snake that can shed it's skin when the good old days are wearing thin, but the good old days have all withered and died. Yet some go on livin' on the sentimental side......."

Can of WTF
Apr 26th, 2003, 08:47:32 AM
The Jedi Master smiled unseen.

"Actually, his words may allow me to give you instruction Padwans - observe this one. He says many things, claims that they can only be heard for those who will hear"

This was going to be enlightening for the Padwans he suspected.

"He is also quite clearly wrong. His blatherings and words randomly strung together to seem like wisdom are just hints he is a weak minded fool - and his belief of the Dark side is the proof of it. What else is proof is that if he was geniunely skilled, he wouldn't waste words, but act. Learn this Padawans - never enter a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent. Also learn that those whom waste words like he has is more than a fool and is powerless. If I was him, I would already be acting. Deciet, lies and dumbness is the Dark Side. "

Calmness, Sister he said telepathically to Marga, his own mental powers blocking attempts on eavesdropping, Be calm. I sense your frustration is what he wants. I speak truly when he is nothing more than a clanging gong, his words have no power. He is a toothless viper, unless you allow them to.

"I have little caring for fools like you Dark Sider, for your plans and plots are meaningless and have no power over me. But, if you bait Padawans in here again, I'll turn your mind inside out to demonstrate just how unlearned you really are. You can now begin to proclaim how Sith like and un-jedi that is, if you wish. I do enjoy listening to the reasons given by those who know little of the real Jedi"

OOC : Just remember, any insults are IC, never OOC from me :)

EDIT : <smallfont color={hovercolor}>-Censored-</smallfont>! I hate dial up! Sorry, it's Marcus, onyl frelling account I could get into. Gah.

Dark Lord Rivin
Apr 26th, 2003, 02:04:38 PM
Rivin Looks at Marcus and pulls out a note and places it folded on the table.... The note is writen on paper made from the skin of a snake...

"I asure you that this message will make total sence to the person that it is ment for.... My blatherings and words randomly strung together, as you call them are symply a message.... Nothing more.... Nothing less.... I this was my problem, then I would be acting apon it... But why would I lift a finger to help a worthless Jedi....

Garen is of no use to me.... You have the choice to pass him my message.... or he will fate will be sealed with no warning to him...

Words do not make me powerless... A man can move mountans with symple words.... And information is more deadly that any other weapon....

As for baiting your students... I would not waste my time with them... they are week like all the Jedi, and therefor no use to me.

The Jedi do not differ much from The Sith.... A Jedi can act Sith-like and still be a Jedi, Same as a Sith can act Jedi-like and still be a Sith.... "

Rivin finishes his meal... than stands and leaves the B&G..

Garen Selore
Apr 26th, 2003, 02:09:07 PM
moments after Rivin leaves, Garen enters the B&G... his arm still in a sling from when he was attacked. he gets himself a juice from the bar and approchs Marga, and Rognan...

"Hi Marga! Hi Rognan! What's going on?"

Rognan Dar
Apr 26th, 2003, 03:51:32 PM
Rognan listened to Marcus's words, not fully understanding them. When the Dark Sider left, he sighed. He cared for Garen. Would do anything for him. And now this man, using riddles, to try, if even that, to tell worn of us of something. He didn't know what to think.

Then he heard his name. He turned around fast to see Garen standing there happily.

"Oh...Hi, Garen. Uh....nothings going on."

He lied of course, but it was so that Garen wouldn't have to worry about something that might not be worth telling.

"How are you doing?"

Maybe a quick change of subject would help, or at lest give him time to figure this out.

Garen Selore
Apr 26th, 2003, 08:17:20 PM
Garen looks at Rognan, not really beleaving that nothing was going on....

"I'm doing fine...my are should be better by tomorow...."

Garen looks at the table and sees that the folded note has his name on the back of it...

"What's that note about?"

Marcus Telcontar
Apr 26th, 2003, 08:53:27 PM
"Never say something is not wrong, when clearly it is, Padawan" Marcus stated to rognan, picking up the note. "It appears a Sith is trying to bring fear...... what happened to you, boy?" he suddenly said, noticing the young boy and his injuries.

AmazonBabe
Apr 26th, 2003, 10:22:22 PM
:: AB had come in behind Garen. She'd taken it under her wing to care for the boy, and was close to asking the Council for permission to take him as her Padawan. But for now, she thought it best to keep an eye on him, especially with what had happened (http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28689) recently. ::

:: Hearing Marcus' question, she answered out of reflex. ::

His slumber was interrupted by 4 unwanted visitors a few days ago in his quarters. A report was filed by myself along with Garen and Rognan.

:: A sour look came upon her face. ::

His room is no more than a blackened mess right now and is still being investigated.

:: She shook her head. ::

We're lucky to be here... alive.

Marcus Telcontar
Apr 26th, 2003, 10:34:52 PM
His unseen eyes flicked from Garen to Rie, then back again to Garen.

"Someone dared attack the Living Quarters and more specifically, this Padawan?"

AmazonBabe
Apr 26th, 2003, 11:00:11 PM
:: AB nodded her head, but also spoke her affirmation. ::

Yes. Somehow they were able to cut the comm system lines AND mask their signatures. They'd been wearing Jedi robes when they sneaked in and were not even given a second glance.

:: She frowned. ::

What gets me is that they, or at least one, was able to mask their presence as being Jedi. Sith perhaps?

Marcus Telcontar
Apr 27th, 2003, 02:59:01 AM
"I seeeee."

HA! Yeah right. One of the reasons he covered his face was to hide the fact he was blind in daylight.

"Has there been anything about this young one that might attract this type of attention? Something he did, something he possessed? Otherwise, no sense this makes"

Marga Alton
Apr 27th, 2003, 08:29:13 AM
Marga glances over at Marcus when he uses telepathy to tell her to be calm, but says nothing and does her best to calm herself, knowing in the past her anger has gotten out of control and caused problems as well as the death of family. She keeps silent and when Garen approaches, she gives a weak smile.

Hello Garen. I am glad to see that you are up and on your feet.

Marga has a look of sadness in her eyes as she says this. Also a touch of anger is there, anger that she was not there to help protect Garen when he was attacked.

She just moves slightly so that she rests a hand on Garen's shoulder, as if to protect him from an unseen enemy. She just keeps herself quiet while Marcus and AB talk.

Garen Selore
Apr 27th, 2003, 12:58:35 PM
Garen looks at Marcus and says....

"Shortly after I got here I brought a Sith Holocron to the council so they would know that it was with me, and that I have it in a safe place now."

Garen looks over at Marga....

"It's nice to be back up on my feet again.....I wonder what that note says...."

Garen looks down at the note and picks up The snake skin note and reads it to himself..... it reads...

"They say there's a snake that can shed it's skin when the good old days are wearing thin, but the good old days have all withered and died. Yet some go on livin' on the sentimental side......."

Garen gets a look of Horror on his face and sits down...

"No....It can't..... No...."

Rognan Dar
Apr 27th, 2003, 03:51:51 PM
Rognan hung his head after Marcus spoke to him. Yes, he shoudn't have said that, but he didn't want to face the fact that something bad could happen to Garen.

Rognan looked to the side, at Marga. With his kenetic communications skills, he could see that she was sad, yet angered by something. He continued to pry into her body language, trying to find out what might have upsetted her besides for that Sith.

He quickly turns his head again as Garen's face seems to go white in horror. He saw that he was reading the note.

"Whats wrong, Garen?"

AmazonBabe
Apr 27th, 2003, 07:23:56 PM
:: AB turned her head from having addressed Marcus, looking over Garen's shoulder and skimming the note. She sense fear rolling off of him. ::

Garen? Are you alright?

Garen Selore
Apr 27th, 2003, 07:46:04 PM
"I'm fine....now... but I don't know for how long.... messages like this, back home are sent to people that have been found guilty of a crime, and have been sentanced to death...

The fact the they use the words 'withered' and 'died' in the message meens that it will be slow and pain full.... though the sentance 'Yet some go on livin' on the sentimental side', tells me that there is something can be done to release me from this death sentance..."

Garen looks up at AB, Rognan, and Marga...

"Ether people back home found out what I did with the Holocron... Or who ever sent this has researched my homeworld..... If your wondering why the message is so criptic, It's so that whan a famly member get's one, the children won't understand what's going on, and can still be sheltered from it."

Marcus Telcontar
Apr 27th, 2003, 08:17:44 PM
"A Sith Holocron? where in the blazing fires of Kessel did you get that from?"

OOC : Bear with me, internet conenction is playing up

AmazonBabe
Apr 27th, 2003, 08:19:02 PM
:: AB raised an eyebrow and shook her head. ::

I'll say it's cryptic... but it's meaning is pretty damn obvious.

:: She looked at the note again, reaching down to take it from Garen. ::

May I?

:: When Garen had nodded to let her see the note, she examined it thoroughly. She frowned. ::

How can we know it was sent from your homeworld and is not a trick say a Sith would be pulling to get the holocron?

Garen Selore
Apr 27th, 2003, 11:55:20 PM
Garen looks back to Marcus...

"My mother sliped it into my pocket before she was killed by the sith that were after it.... With it was a note that told my to protect it.... And I intend to honor my mothers last wishes...even if it kills me..."

He looks back at AB....

"I don't know weather it was from home of not.... All I know that this meens that I that I am to be sent to death, slowly and painfuly unless I find the way of preventing it."

Marga Alton
Apr 28th, 2003, 08:32:58 AM
Marga stays silent while listening to the exchange between AB, Marcus, and Garen. More anger flashes through her when she hears the meaning of the message, deciding that she will do what she has to in order to preven more harm from coming upon Garen.

I will do what I can to keep you safe Garen. I will not let you down again if it is in my power and I will make sure that I do everything within my power to keep you safe.

Marga smiles slightly, already deciding on a course of action which will probably after awhile start to annoy Garen, but she will not fail her friend again. Not after what had happened a few nights ago when she was not there to stop it

Rognan Dar
Apr 28th, 2003, 04:18:51 PM
"Is there a way to examine the note, trace it for like fingerprints or if its a fake? And is it normaly writen on the skin of a snake?"

Rognan frowned. This just keeps getting better now doesn't it, he thought to himself. He then senced something in his head, a feeling or something. But what ever it was, it seemed to be coming from Marga. Her anger was growing, to what might be a dangerous level.

Marga, calm down. I can sense your anger. There is nothing you need to be angery about is there? Its not your fault that you were not there to help Garen. No-one can be everywhere at once.

He was starting to worry about her. He could see that she upset about not being there for Garen when he needed, well, anyone.

Marcus Telcontar
Apr 28th, 2003, 06:02:45 PM
"You dont need finge prints Padawan. Use your feelings and trust them. Ask yourself, who was just here?"

Marga Alton
Apr 29th, 2003, 08:07:12 AM
Marga glances at Rognan for a moment when he tells her to calm down and she just smiles slightly and just nods her head slightly when he asks if there is anything to be angry about. To her there is plently to be angry about, one of which is the fact that Garen's life has been threatened.

How does this guy fit into the overall big picture here. He comes with a warning and gives it to Garen. A few days ago, Garen was attacked in his room therefore turning his room to nothing. Was he the one who sent those ppl after Garen?

Marga more thinks this to herself, but still uses telepathy to let the others know these questions of hers, figuring an easy way to calm down would be to get answers. If there are no answers though, well, she'll probably just get angryer and storm out of the place before she hurts one of her friends.

Garen Selore
Apr 29th, 2003, 10:39:38 AM
Garen looks at Rognan

"Normaly the person would give a verbal mesage that explanes who it is from...Again it would be criptic. And yes they all are writen on snake skin paper....That's how you know it's a death notice, instead of a bunch of giberish on paper."

Garen looks the others....

"If He said any other criptic messages before this one, it may be critical to hear...I may be able to tell who this is from."

Marcus Telcontar
Apr 30th, 2003, 01:52:47 AM
Calmness Padawan. There will be time to be angry later. Clear your mind of dstractions....

Ahhh <smallfont color={hovercolor}>-Censored-</smallfont> it, what did he believe in that nonsense anyway. Marcus didnt give a <smallfont color={hovercolor}>-Censored-</smallfont> if he got mad in the slightest.

Likely it was Big mouth who was just hear. A Sith Holocron would attract dark siders like flies to <smallfont color={hovercolor}>-Censored-</smallfont>.

Marga Alton
Apr 30th, 2003, 09:47:57 AM
Marga shakes her head slightly, knowing that she doesn't really care who this message is from other then the fact that it came from a Darksider. For now though, she just keeps herself quiet about what Rivin said when she first showed up.

Garen Selore
Apr 30th, 2003, 10:28:48 AM
"So nobody heard anything before the message that is writen down?"

Garen shakes his head...

"That just doen't sound right"

Marcus Telcontar
Apr 30th, 2003, 10:51:39 AM
"I heard some things, Padawan. Not a real lot, but I can tell you what he did say that I heard"

Garen Selore
Apr 30th, 2003, 11:42:33 AM
"That would be nice... What ever he said may be a critical message..."

Marga Alton
May 1st, 2003, 08:27:32 AM
Marga still keeps herself quiet as she takes a sip of her juice, a part of her feeling bad about not just coming out and telling Garen what she had heard.