PDA

View Full Version : Embracing the Dark Gift - Understanding

Miranda Dunleavy
Apr 22nd, 2003, 03:37:22 PM
Miranda had her eyes closed while leaning against the wall outside of Renesa's room, standing so perfectly still that once would have mistaken her for a statue. Her thoughts were heavy upon her duties as Master to Renesa. What she would teach and how to do it. It was much harder then one would think since Miranda had no Master to speak of. Both she and Renesa were treading on unfamiliar ground.

She had made certain her first fledging had made it safely here earlier in the morning when dawn was only minutes old. It was a good thing too for Renesa had passed out halfway here once the sun was prominent in the sky. One so young could not resist the call of sleep for very long,

When Renesa awoke, perhaps they would ascertain more answers to the strange marking that appeared upon her forehead. But first, she would need to feed. A valuable lesson necessary in order for Miranda's fledging to survive on her own. Also, it was imperative for the Assassin to instill the knowledge that permitted the final death to their kind.

All in all, it would be a very long night for her firstborn.

Renesa Senaria
Apr 22nd, 2003, 07:30:44 PM
Renesa awoke after the sun had set, she yawned, still feeling a bit tired and sluggish. She stood and looked at the marking on her forehead for a moment in a mirror, sleep had brought no answers for now. She turned her head, sensing her Master finally as she started to wake up. She walked over and opened the door, looking out at her, after all this, she still wasn't quite sure how to act.

Miranda Dunleavy
Apr 26th, 2003, 09:40:05 PM
Her head turned to the side as soon as Renesa took one step out of her room. Miranda chuckled to herself. "I take it you have never been trained formally by anyone before?"

Renesa Senaria
Apr 26th, 2003, 09:51:58 PM
Renesa shook her head.

"Not formally no, father taught me how to fight but I have never had training from a master."

Her thoughts wandered for a moment, thinking of days long since passed. She had been happier then, but those days were gone, never to be again. Her eyes drifted back to Miranda's, pretending as though she hadn't been thinking.

Miranda Dunleavy
Apr 30th, 2003, 09:46:20 AM
"Ah, I see. Well, I will spare you the formality then of calling me Master." Her voice lowered a few notches, "I dealt with that enough. No need to for you.'"

Miranda began walking forward. "All I require is respect and willingness to learn. There is much that you will need to be taught for your very survival besides learning of what powers you now possess."

Renesa Senaria
Apr 30th, 2003, 11:24:30 AM
Renesa nodded.

"I will do as you say."

Miranda Dunleavy
May 8th, 2003, 01:06:25 PM
OOC - Sorry... School :(

IC - The red head nodded curtly, "Good. Now, I assume you are starving?" The question did have some purpose. Miranda wasn't sure what her ancient blood would do to Renesa. Maybe she was starving, maybe not. One fact that was certain is that the call for blood was potent in Renesa. The need for the kill would be possessively strong.

Renesa Senaria
May 8th, 2003, 02:28:29 PM
She nodded, the need for blood had been crossing her thoughts and her dreams as well. She wasn't straving persay but blood was calling to her.

Miranda Dunleavy
May 9th, 2003, 03:45:25 PM
"Hm." She continued to lead Renesa through the castle, their destination was going to be the gates and then the town iteself. "You are very quiet."

Renesa Senaria
May 9th, 2003, 10:49:00 PM
"Part of the way of my clan, no speaking unless you had a reason, an old one I know but I'm used to it."

She said quietly, wondering what was to happen next, the books didn't go past the turning itself so she had no idea what she was to do now. She clinked the claws of her first finger and her thumb lightly together on her right hand, a habit she did without noticing for the most part while her blood red eyes looked about her.

Miranda Dunleavy
May 11th, 2003, 01:10:22 PM
"Ah. I understand. I had no clan but complete obedience was demanded as well as my silence."

The gates opened inward as the two of them approached. It moaned in defiance, the branches crackling and breaking apart in protest as well. None of the roses had grown back either, much to Miranda's displeasure. Ever since Valirion had killed them, it was quite the challenge to get them to grow again. The town wasn't too far but it was take considerable time for them to plainly walk there.

"This is a good a time as any to begin some of your training." She looked to Renesa. "A Vampyre has many powers bestowed to them by blood. Granted, we can also channel the Dark Side, but there are natural abilities that you can call upon. Speed for instance. We can move faster then Jedi in some cases."

And in a blink of an eye, Miranda was behind Renesa. Even her new eyes did not pick up the Master's movements. "All you have to do is just will."

Miranda appeared in front of Renesa once more. "It will be difficult at first but just simply will your body to move faster. Picture your surroundings moving faster and faster around you until it is your feet that are actually causing the displacement." Renesa had the power, not it was time to see if the girl was smart enough to learn how to use that power.

Renesa Senaria
May 13th, 2003, 04:28:32 PM
OOC: sorry for the delay, currently in finals week now...

Renesa thought this over, seemed simple enough, just a matter of figuring out how. Her first try did nothing to her speed but she didn't let it irk her too much. A few more tries yielded nothing either but then suddenly, she was gone. Her quiet voice was heard behind Miranda.

"Good?"

Miranda Dunleavy
May 14th, 2003, 04:06:38 PM
"Not bad." She replied, turning around to face Renesa. "But short distances are easy." Miranda eyes gazed toward the city and then she was gone but left a lingering thought inside her Apprentice's mind. Think you can make it to the city just as fast?

Renesa Senaria
May 14th, 2003, 04:20:22 PM
She thought it over, it shouldn't be any different. Sure enough, it wasn't as she whooshed so to speak over to the city just as quick as before. She looked for Miranda, where had she gone to?

Miranda Dunleavy
May 15th, 2003, 11:43:24 AM
It wasn't too late at night and some of the citizens of Roon were wandering about, mostly in groups of two at the least. Some were delusional and tried to convince themselves that nothing was out of the ordinary. Others were more intelligent and attempted to go about their daily lives with precaution.

There were at least half a dozen of them looking at Renesa suspiciously, backing away and looking over their shoulders with fright.

Renesa. You must learn to walk in shadows around them. They sense that we are unnatural instinctively. We don't want to scare away our prey now.

The shop to her right was closed and out of the shadows by the front door, Miranda stepped out. "Do we?"

Renesa Senaria
May 15th, 2003, 12:48:57 PM
"No, there's no fun in that."

She backed in the shadows and the claws on her hands clinked together, not in boredom or nervousness but in anticipation. She held back the urge to strike one down for now, Miranda had yet to show her what to do.

Miranda Dunleavy
May 16th, 2003, 08:32:50 PM
"All right. Here's how this works." She waved to a group of people that were moving away. "There are two ways to really feed. The first is outright killing the victim and making sure to dispose of the body." She then pointed out a straggler that looked to a be a drunk. "Or you could always take the little drink from these beings. Always be wary of those that are high on spice and filled with alcohol. Sometimes, no matter how powerful you are, drinking their blood could in turn affect you in much the same manner." Miranda had to chuckle. "Though it can be fun at times."

Her eyes snapped to Renesa. "Well, go fetch one. I'll be close by to watch."

Renesa Senaria
May 16th, 2003, 11:08:48 PM
"Think a sober one would be best, I'd rather not get a headache later."

She chuckled softly, before looking over the prey around her. She looked to her claws for a moment before deciding against them, would draw too much attention. She looked about a spotted a man that was lagging behind the others just a bit, perfect. Before he could even register it, her clawed hand covered his mouth and Renesa had returned to the spot she had just left. The man tried to struggle and cry out but she held him fast..

'Now what?"

She wasn't sure quite the rules for it, was she to knock him out of anything or was he to be awake for it?

Miranda Dunleavy
Jun 2nd, 2003, 03:59:09 PM
"What are you waiting for? Feed!" She waved a hand at the terrified man that was struggling in Renesa's arms and answered the unspoken question that was in her mind. "It doesn't matter if they are awake or not. It's just more fun this way."

Renesa Senaria
Jun 2nd, 2003, 07:27:33 PM
She raised her eyebrow at fun but otherwise made no other look about it. She looked to her prey for a moment, watching him struggle, she wondered for a moment if he knew what was about to happen to him.

At any rate, it didn't matter, she didn't care enough to try his mind nor did she really want to. She tightened her grip on him to hold him fast as she leaned over to his neck. Then instinct took over as she bit him, she didn't pay much attention anymore, just focusing on the blood that ran out of him and into her.

Miranda Dunleavy
Jun 4th, 2003, 02:20:27 PM
As Renesa's teeth sank into the human's flesh, the scent of blood quickly hit Miranda's senses. Young ones were always drawn to the scent and already her fledgling was intoxicated by the sweetness of life giving elixir. Still, Renesa's earlier response did not go unnoticed. Miranda was merely getting to know what her student's desires were after the change. Some found hunting exciting and fun, not caring who they killed. For some, like herself, it was merely a need to survive and to fuel the power that lay within her potent blood. Hunting was not fun to her. It was merely a necessity.

Renesa Senaria
Jun 4th, 2003, 06:29:28 PM
Renesa let the man drop and wiped a bit of blood away from the side of her mouth with the back of her hand. Her eyes appeared to be even redder if that were possible, in truth, the new vampyre felt a bit hyper if you will, moreso feeling better having fed. Her eyes wandered to her former prey, pondering what was to be done with it, leaving it out would keep any humans away and not around for Miranda to feed on.

She leaned over a bit and spiked the corpse in the chest with two of her metallic clawed fingers. With one swift movement, she flung the man's body up onto the roof, out of sight, out of mind. It was apparent somewhat now that MIranda may have misjudged Renesa's feelings on the matter. Yes, she had wanted to hunt the human down previously with her claws but she felt it was best to make her first kill quietly and besides she wasn't sure if spiking them with her claws would be deemed appropriate by Miranda. Renesa would probably hunt this way later in smaller groups of humans or when alone but not for now.

Miranda Dunleavy
Jun 9th, 2003, 05:50:29 PM
MIranda eyes followed the decisive slashing of Renesa's claws as they impaled her victim's body. There was no cause to how she did it, her Apprentice simply wanted to dispose of the body in her own unique fashion. There was a hidden feral side of Renesa that was being held in check so that student would not disappoint the Master. Perhaps in the near future, Miranda would track Renesa, without her knowledge of course, and witness how she hunted without a pair of critical eyes watching her.

"Are you satisfied, or do you crave more?" Fledglings appetities were notorious. Miranda fed for hours after the change like a wild animal set free from its cage. But that was her ...

Renesa Senaria
Jun 9th, 2003, 07:44:36 PM
"Not sure."

She said quietly, the red in her eyes seemingly mixing about within. She wanted to try it her own way but she wouldn't while Miranda was here.

"Do they always stay in groups here or do they wander alone in other places?"

Miranda Dunleavy
Jun 11th, 2003, 02:25:59 PM
A fledging that wasn't sure if she was still hungry or not was a bad portent in Miranda's view. "In the cities, yes. They roam together like cattle in. Strength in numbers as they say. Stragelers are often found outside the city borders. Those people are usually fools that have stumbled close to the castle at night."

Renesa Senaria
Jun 11th, 2003, 09:00:05 PM
Strength in numbers eh? Wouldn't help them against me.

She thought to herself, clinking a few of her fingers together. Yes, she was still hungry but she wanted a bit of alone hunting, she knew Miranda probably wouldn't want the attention Renesa's claws would attract, she doubted a Vampyre would approve of the gouging method she could do.

"You would think they would arm themselves or move away from here, foolish cattle it seems."