PDA

View Full Version : I quit my job...

Dae Jinn
Apr 21st, 2003, 08:51:19 PM
Even though I gave them my two weeks, something happened tonight that was the straw that broke the camels back as they say.

I had a customer throw a fit, and accuse me of doing something I didn't do. I was sent home early, and the manager (he's not really a manager, but whatever.) came out and had a little talk to me. He basically said that because I've had complaints about me before, I was going to get "talked" to tomorrow.

Then, as I'm panic-attacking on my walk home, a regular customer comes and talks to the manager, telling him I did nothing wrong. Still, I'm not going to work somewhere where every little thing I do is scrutinized, while other people are not. I'm not going to be a door-mat for my boss, ex-boss, because I'm afraid I might lose my crappy Minimum wage job from hell.

Anyways, I'm kinda freaking out. This is like, scarey, and great at the same time! :lol

Aquafresh
Apr 21st, 2003, 09:29:25 PM
go find a bi-lo.

imported_Ezra
Apr 21st, 2003, 09:54:44 PM
That sucks, but I agree with you. Why stay where your hard work is never appreciated?

Arya Ravenwing
Apr 22nd, 2003, 12:43:21 AM
Good luck on finding a new job, Dae. *hug*

Taylor Millard
Apr 22nd, 2003, 01:45:08 AM
Aye good luck indeed. I hope ya find a better one. :)

Syrius Cline
Apr 22nd, 2003, 02:04:43 AM
Sounds like any job other than that one would be better. You'll find something good though, I'll bet. :)

Dae Jinn
Apr 22nd, 2003, 07:36:48 AM
Thanks guys :)

I think I'm going to try to get a job where what I learned in college will actually have a use :lol.

Wei Wu Wei
Apr 22nd, 2003, 08:27:06 AM
Go for it. Dae, the first few steps are scary, but I never found a roller coaster that I had fun on without being scared half to death at the same time.

ReaperFett
Apr 22nd, 2003, 09:08:03 AM
Good luck!

AmazonBabe
Apr 22nd, 2003, 12:54:15 PM
That's pretty profound there, Wei.

And best-o-luck to ya, Dae. Anything would be better than that hell hole you just described... and you WILL get something better. :)

Camdyn Fields
Apr 22nd, 2003, 01:04:21 PM
I dont like roller-coasters, I'm afraid of heights! :lol

And, yes, I will. I went to Unemployment and checked out jobs in the area I'm moving to. Will probably do that tomorrow too. Plus free photocopying! :D

Thanks you guys. *huggles!* :)

Aquafresh
Apr 22nd, 2003, 02:11:36 PM
i want to be in a rock band that can actually play...first i have to learn how to play. i suck on my bass, my friend sucks on his drums, my other friend sucks on his guitar, and my other friend can only half sing...maybe we should actually have our first practice lol.

anyway, the point is, why don't you become some kind of singer? nowadays you can become a rapper or pop singer by buying some expensive clothes, swearing excessively when you talk, and being a pervert. pretty easy.

Dae Jinn
Apr 24th, 2003, 05:06:50 PM
oooooooookay.

I went back to work to pick up my pay-stubs, and I guess one of my co-workers, the 'union rep', found out what happened. According to her, people were told not tell her what was going on. So, she went to the Union, and is trying to get me the pay for the two days of work that I missed.

I went to drop off resumes today, and already had an interview (with Osama who works at Wendys) so yay me. :D

Destiny Stormrider
Apr 24th, 2003, 05:17:56 PM
Osama?

Aquafresh
Apr 24th, 2003, 05:35:11 PM
probably using the terrorist as a stereotype name for Arabs.

Dae Jinn
Apr 24th, 2003, 05:42:16 PM
Sorry, I'm not racist. My step-dad is Arab, actually.

The mangers name was Osama. :)

ReaperFett
Apr 24th, 2003, 06:02:23 PM
Aquafresh, please dont make baseless acusations, especially ones that basically call another poster here racist.

Garrett Blade
Apr 25th, 2003, 03:20:21 PM
Well said that Brit! :)

Btw, Dae - what did you study at college?

Dae Jinn
Apr 25th, 2003, 07:09:23 PM
Graphic Art and Design. Which helps me to make lovely sigs...and that's about all the use I get out of it! :lol

There's a REALLY great art school where I'm moving (you get your OWN studio for your work!:crack I would end up living in it!!!), so I might look into that. The only problem there is I'd have to write things, and I'm not a very good writer. ^_^;

Hart
Apr 26th, 2003, 08:17:52 PM
I just hope the economy out there starts to get better soon.

Garrett Blade
Apr 27th, 2003, 02:20:37 PM
Well good luck with your future in Graphic Art and Design :) As for me, I love writing. be it prose, poetry, drama or even songs. We should collaborate. Like Liverpool FC and Shankly - together we'll be untouchable! :p

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 27th, 2003, 02:53:15 PM
What do you mean you're not a good writer!? Nonsense! You're a good writer.

If you ever need help with an essay, just let me know. :)

Dae Jinn
Apr 27th, 2003, 09:19:20 PM
You see, once upon a time, I decided "Hey, I don't need to take Advance English!" Then I found out I needed Advance English for my college course. So, somehow, the school guidance couseller got me into advance OAC (grade 13/pre-college) English. Which I barely passed, because I don't know how to write essays at all. :lol Plus, in college, we were told to forget everything and they taught us business writing!

Garrett -- I went to an art high-school. My triple major was Visual Art, Drama and Music :) Voice is too monotone for acting, plus I'm shy. I tried to learn classical guitar, but my fingers are too short :lol

And LD, thanks. I would probably take you up on that offer!lol!

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Apr 27th, 2003, 09:25:44 PM
if I had the money, i'd go back to art school; i miss it soooo much.

you'll have lots of fun Dae-babe. trust me ^_^

Dae Jinn
Apr 27th, 2003, 09:26:54 PM
I hope so. I tried a cigar today :x I think I'm going to puke....:D

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Apr 27th, 2003, 09:38:47 PM
I know you'll have fun ^_^

and as for cigars, Taylor made me smoke one, and I simply smiled and nodded. give me some cloves or turkish golds, and I'll be happy.

Gurney Devries
Apr 27th, 2003, 10:24:20 PM
I like to smoke a pack of cloves every now and then. I don't mind a good cigar every once in a blue moon, but I wouldn't buy my own. And good pipe tobacco is right up there with a pack of Djarum Blacks, in my book.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Apr 27th, 2003, 10:29:02 PM
Djarum Specials are my babies

Taylor Millard
Apr 27th, 2003, 11:13:40 PM
What kind of cigar Dae?

If you say Garcia y Vegas I might just chastise you.

j/k :p

Dae Jinn
Apr 28th, 2003, 06:37:52 AM
It was something from the Domincan Republic. So, no idea what kind. :\

It's not something cheapy you'd buy at the 7-11, although, they do sell cuban cigars by the ton here :lol. We were in the Falls last night, there are cigar stores on every corner.

Garrett Blade
Apr 28th, 2003, 02:54:48 PM
Cuban? Cuban's are the best. Or so I've heard.

When you say you did Music as part of your triple major - what exactly did you do?

I like a bitta classical guitar - when Randy Rhoads wasn't rockin' with Ozzy Osbourne he could be seen (or not seen) with a Gibson playing some classical guitar. God bless his little cotton socks. And don't let short fingers hold you back. Persevere! My dad gave up learning guitar after a week - he said his
6 fingers hurt from pressing down on the strings.

Sasseeri Reeouurra
Apr 28th, 2003, 03:55:43 PM
I was a fine arts major at my school, Dae, with the drama, art and music emphasis...I was going to take drama and music, but I pooped out before I got through more than one year of that major. I was a music major for two years previously. I miss school :(

Morgan Evanar
Apr 28th, 2003, 05:05:17 PM
Cuban's aren't really the best anymore. Most of the growers and manufacturers fled the island to other parts of the Carribean and Central America.

Hart
Apr 28th, 2003, 05:05:20 PM
I do admit that college kicks butt. And considering it's almost finals time for me, that means a lot. It could be very stressful, but I think it's going all right so far.

Dae Jinn
Apr 28th, 2003, 07:36:47 PM
I took Vocal music for 2 or 3 years, then guitar for a semester. I took about the same amount of Drama courses, but took Visual Art all 4 and half years. I could have taken Dance as well, but :x

We had a tiny recording studio thingy at the school, as well as a theatre and a ballet-style dance studio, complete with hard-wood floors (that I broke a toe on!) and wall of mirrors. :lol

As much as I like art and as fun as it is...You don't make money at it. In high-school, I had the idea I would rather live on the street and starve than have a "normal" job. But, back then I dressed all in safety pins and had spiked hair too :uhoh.

EDIT -- In college, I only had final projects to do, and only one exam. Art History, which is one of the best classes I ever took. :)