PDA

View Full Version : Expanding Knowledge: Power up! (Neyasha)

Wei Wu Wei
Apr 21st, 2003, 03:52:11 PM
It was Wei's first time teaching a Padawan. It was his first time teaching anyone anything now that he thought about it. He had spent hours formulating his lesson plans so he could teach Neyasha what she needed to know. Now he was ready.

"Class is in session, and teacher's got a lesson plan," he said with a grin.

He had brought all he would need. Now to wait on his student.

Neyasha
Apr 22nd, 2003, 09:32:55 AM
This morning, Neyasha found a note, asking her to report to The Academy, Room number 204. So now she walks into the room, dressed in her tight black leather outfit, and with her complement of weapons(2 swords, 2 Daggers, 2 Three Pronged Daggers.).

As She walks into the room, she goes down to one knee, bows her head to Wei. Staying on the floor with her head down, she says in her normal emoitionless tone...

"Greetings Master....I am read to learn."

Wei Wu Wei
Apr 22nd, 2003, 09:58:18 AM
Wei smiled. "Good. I'm glad to see you are ready to get started. Now stand up," he said, taking her hand and helping her to her feet.

"Please set your weapons to the side: you won't be needing them today."

Wei grinned and turned to face a large metal crate. It at one time held some gifts the Bakurians had given him. The crate held mostly food, but all the food was gone now, and instead the crate was full up with rocks. A few other training things stood around nearby.

"Do you think you could lift that bad boy?" Wei asked Neyasha, gesturing at the crate.

Neyasha
Apr 22nd, 2003, 10:28:58 AM
Neyasha stands , and walks to the side of the room and places her weapons on the floor, by the wall.

When Wei asks if she thinks she could lift the crate, she answers...

"I will attempt to..."

Neyasha walks over to the crate and with her genetically enhanced strength, she is able tilt the crate and lift one edge 1cm off the floor, but then drops the crate. She turns to face Wei, her face looking at the floor...

"I am sorry...I am not able to complete the task you have put before me... I will except any pain you wish to administer for my failure."

Wei Wu Wei
Apr 22nd, 2003, 01:23:16 PM
Wei laughed. "Pain? What pain? The fact that you lifted that joker even a centimeter off the floor almost defeated the purpose of my asking you that. There will be no pain. Only learning."

Wei walked over to the crate and easily lifted it over his head. "Watch."

Wei threw the crate across the room and became a blur as he ran over to where the crate would land and caught it again. He would have been crushed but for his immense strength. Then Wei set the crate down.

"Neyasha, do you think my strength and my speed had anything to do with my muscles in the case of the iron crate? Certainly not! No one on this planet, or even in this galaxy could lift that crate with his own power. So, how did I manage to not only lift it, but also catch it after I threw it?"

Neyasha
Apr 22nd, 2003, 01:45:54 PM
Neyasha looks up at Wei with a slight look of suprise, that changes quickly back to her emotionless exprestion.

"How can one teach without administering pain to the student? I have never heard of these methods... Pain is the teacher of life."

Neyasha watches Wei as he picks up and throws the crate, then catches it on the other side....

"Strength and Speed is determined by the amount of stress that a persons muscles and bones can take before they are unable to handle the stress. A persons muscles are trained to give away before the stress placed apon your body causes your bones to snap. In order to complete such a task would require your bones would have to be made of Quantum Armor and your Muscles to be made of a substance as of yet unknown to me. Logic dictates that you had some outside help to preform the acts that you just did."

Wei Wu Wei
Apr 22nd, 2003, 03:46:44 PM
Pain the teacher of life? Wei supposed there was some truth to it. When a child put her hand on a hot stove, she learned through the pain not to touch the stove, but that was just conditioning. Natural programming. Neyasha had been programmed enough.

"Um...sure," Wei said after listening to her response, which to him was very long and confusing. "Either way, I could not have done what I did on my own. Indeed, I used the Force."

Wei took a seat on the floor and let a big breath out. "But before you can use the Force to your advantage, you must learn to get control of it. Find within you a memory or a thought that brings you peace, or comfort."

Wei held his breath, waiting to see if his Padawan could even find such a thought. Most of her emotions had been programmed out of her, and though she as recovering them, he was unsure about whether or not comforting, happy feelings had been recovered yet.

Neyasha
Apr 22nd, 2003, 04:39:41 PM
Neyasha travles through her memories thinking on moments of her life that she was happy...only to be disipointed to see how few there are. But the ones she had were good..... When her husband first Released the emotions Love and Happiness, The birth of her twins, Her little girl's first word.....In fact most of the memories of her family made her happy.....Except for one....The one that brought her here....and every time she trys to focus of any of the others, That one find it's way to her mind.

Wei Wu Wei
Apr 22nd, 2003, 05:03:42 PM
Wei raised an eyebrow. "Is there something bothering you, my Padawan? It seems that you're having trouble concentrating? Can you not find a happy thought?"

Wei thought for a moment. "Instead try this. Relax. Relax your entire body and just...drift. Sense the world around you, but don't pay it too much attention. It's just there. Try that and tell me what happens."

Neyasha
Apr 22nd, 2003, 05:50:14 PM
"I can find many happy thoughts....All of which are of my family.... All of which lead to the only one memory of my family that I do not want....The one that is the reason I am here, instead of holding my husband or children."

Neyasha trys to follow Wei's new instructions....But her enhanced combat instincts will not let her focuse on nothing, and her muscles refuse to relax. She trys to force herself to relax, but the more she trys, the more her body resists....She sighs as she gives in to falure.... she mumbles....

"Yet one more piece of programing I nead to break...."

Wei Wu Wei
Apr 22nd, 2003, 07:05:25 PM
"Or maybe not break. Neyasha, I will tell you a piece of wisdom that is very well known throughout my family. And it is this piece of wisdom on which I base my non-violent methods."

Wei pushed up his glasses. "When you think of your family, and the thought of revenge comes to you, instead of trying to force it out, acknowledge that it is there, and then push it aside. Acknowledge that you want revenge, and then turn your attention back to what we are doing at hand. And only focus on what we are doing, not why we are doing it."

Wei took a deep breath to continue on. "It will be very helpful if you can focus on nothing, and practice silence," he said, moving over to her. "Because once you can learn to deal with the silence out here," he motioned around him, "you can more easily silence what's in here." He tapped her lightly on the side of the head.

"And also in here," he added, pointing at her heart. "Emptiness and nothingness are not to be fought against, they are to be welcomed. That is where the Jedi proverb, 'There is nothing, only peace,' comes into play."

Wei returned to his seat. "Now try it again. We have all day, and all night if we need it, but it's still early."

Neyasha
Apr 23rd, 2003, 10:49:14 AM
"I beleave I have informed you in the past that I do not have the emotions required to feel the need for revenge. but I have little to no control over the recall of my memorys...They did this to me so that when I am put on to reporting back information I will not be capable of leaving out information..... With me, Once a train of though has been started, it must go untill it runs out of tracks. The only way to do the tasks you have put before me....Is for me to break the programing that prevents me.

We have a proverb as well that they put my brain to work by....

A persons that ignores anything, is a dead person. "

Wei Wu Wei
Apr 23rd, 2003, 11:41:03 AM
"Yes, you have told me that you don't know what feelings go with revenge."

Wei didn't know what to do. Brainwashing was something he had never dealt with before. He was finding it difficult to teach her, since anything he had tried to teach her so far fell on the deaf ears of the mental programming within her. But how to get the programming to go away?

"You mean to tell me that you have never just sat around and done nothing all day? You've never slept in until noon? You have never listened to the birds sing or the breeze blow in the treetops just for the sake of listening?"

Wei just couldn't imagine always being on the alert, always having to keep busy every minute of the day, always evaluating, calculating to be prepared for any of thousands of situations that may or may not happen.

Eventually Wei just stopped thinking about it and sat where he was, finding strength in the silence around him.

"Nevermind it," he said at last. "Let's do things this way. Surely you were programmed with the ability to keep silent, and listen for the enemy or whatever?"

Neyasha
Apr 23rd, 2003, 11:57:34 AM
"To sit around and done nothing all day would not be good use of time, My body only nead 4 hours of sleep and will not let me get more than that, I have listened to the birds and wind though... depending on how they sound you can pin point the location of a hiding army"

Neyasha watched Wei, not understanding how he could be confused with her situation....

"Yes I was programmed with the ability to keep silent , and listen for the enemy. Evaluating the size of an object that snaped a stick by the sound it makes, the sounds of breathing of different species in all different enviroments, determining the number of people by the sounds comming from the camp...things like that I have been programed with."

Wei Wu Wei
Apr 23rd, 2003, 12:17:31 PM
Wei grinned. "Ok, then. Keep silent, and listen carefully. Maybe you can hear the Force. Of course it will not exactly be a sound like you would hear with your ears. Listen out for it, and when you hear what you think might be the Force, then lock onto that sound, and keep it in your mind."

Neyasha
Apr 23rd, 2003, 12:22:11 PM
Neyasha closes her eyes and is dead silent for almost an hour....Wei can't even hear her breathing.... she then opens them and asks....

"What does the force sound like.... I would be more likely to locate the sound if I knew what I was listening for."

Wei Wu Wei
Apr 23rd, 2003, 12:34:44 PM
Wei shrugged. "I always imagine it to be like the ebb and flow of the tides. A steady beat that is as old as time itself. A slow, steady, relaxing rhythm."

Neyasha
Apr 23rd, 2003, 02:12:52 PM
Neyasha closes her eyes again and is dead silent again for almost 2 hours, when finaly The Force comes to her... It starts to relax her body and mind, but the alterations in her body start to react as if it was fight off a seditive that was injected into her system... Tencing her muscles and pumping itself with hormones that were ment to counteract most sleeping drugs. The force and her 'enhancements' start to fight for control over her body.

She falls to the floor and screems in pain, loud enough that the windows in the room crack, as her mucles go into convulstion, and blood veins in her body start to burst, due to the conflict between her body and The Force.

Wei Wu Wei
Apr 23rd, 2003, 03:20:28 PM
Wei jumped up and was at his student's side in a flash.

Neyasha! Neyasha! Listen. It's Wei, your teacher. Do you hear my voice? Slow down. I'm here, holding your hand.

True to his word, Wei had a grip on her hand, with his other hand on her forehead. He needed to calm her down and heal her.

I'm going to make everything all better, Neyasha. Don't worry.

"There is nothing. Only peace."

Wei shut his eyes and focused on the gently quiet breeze of his own chi. The hollow tones of wind chimes filled Wei's being and he smiled. Such a comforting tone, wind chimes were.

Wei slowly reached into Neyasha's mind, placing inside her mind the wind chimes. Wei gently goaded Neyasha's body into calming down. Slowly Wei's chi integrated into her chi and they began to hold the same beat. This was the first step in Force Healing.

Then Wei started at the top of her body near her head, and used the Force to piece her body back together, little by little.

"Shh....rest now," he whispered to her. He imagined she would be very tired out and sore from her rather traumatic experience.

Neyasha
Apr 23rd, 2003, 03:31:11 PM
Neyasha lies there for a moment as Wei ease the pain, and starts to heal her.... She moves to sit up after very little of her body is healed....

"I ....will..... be.... fine. .... I .... delt .....with.... pain.... before. .... will.....continue...."

Wei Wu Wei
Apr 23rd, 2003, 03:37:31 PM
Wei nodded. "What happened for you to act like that? I felt you growing strong in the Force as you got control of it, then the next thing I know, you're on the floor screaming. What happened?"

Neyasha
Apr 23rd, 2003, 04:38:36 PM
Neyasha catches her breath and goes to stand, but just fell to the floor again....

"Maybe I'll sit for a moment...."

She replays what just happend to her, in her mind....

"From what I can see is when The Force started to effect the alertness of my body by realxing me, the enhancements in my body responded by trying to fight the effects... Just as it does with seditives... though with drugs, they are purged quickly and my body returns to normal.... The Force was fighting for dominance in my body, over the hard wired componets that are already there.

This caused my body to both try and realx and tence at the same time, and in most places caused muscles and blood veins to rip... I think I may nead help.....My muscles are not wanting to respond properly, and my eyes are blacking out..."

Neyasha at that moment passes out, colapsing back to the floor, as she still has a large amount of internal bleading from her ordeal.

Wei Wu Wei
Apr 23rd, 2003, 07:06:16 PM
Wei catches Neyasha just in time, and goes back to halting the bleeding while carrying his Padawan to the Med Bay.

"I'm afraid that there is a lot to be done before our lessons can continue, little Neyasha," Wei said in a fatherly tone.

Wei knew only two things: Neyasha had been altered physically and mentally and both of these sets of alterations prevented her from doing the best she could as a Jedi. He'd need to find a way around them first, then teach her how to utilize her gift.