PDA

View Full Version : Not my day (open)

Xander Caine
Apr 20th, 2003, 11:27:59 PM
"This is just not my day" Xander says has he hands his Scythe that he loving name Ifrit over to the Bouncer.

"You do know that I'm not going to start anything in here with that don't you?" Then he shakes his head and say "Never mind. Just take good care of it. OKAY!" The bouncer shook his head yes so Xander walked through the door.

As he walked in he pulled out a finally rolled cigar, put it in his mouth, then pull out a lighter in lit it. Then he took a seat in the back of the bar and just enjoyed the great taste of his cigar.

Ruben Drail
Apr 21st, 2003, 12:29:46 PM
If there was one thing Ruben hated about zippo’s it was that they had a knack of failing just when you needed a fix. Angrily shaking his lighter, the lanky Drail ambled his way through a few tables before catching the smell of smoke on the air. Drawn to it, he found himself approaching a rather shady looking table, of a man who he was sure he’d just seen enter with a scythe of all things. Holding his cigarette between two fingers, and at arms length, he asked:

"Hey man, got a light?"

Xander Caine
Apr 21st, 2003, 01:02:39 PM
He Laid his Cigar on the table and pulled out a lighter.

"Yeah, I got one"

The flame ignited from the lighter and began to burn the end of the cigarette.

"There you go"

Then he put the lighter away and began to smoked his cigar again.

Ruben Drail
Apr 21st, 2003, 01:04:32 PM
Ruben grinned as he perched the cigarette on his lip and inhaled deeply.

"Ahhhh… hits the spot."

Nodding down at the beast of a cigar his shady new friend was smoking, he smirked.

"What you smokin’ there? Looks … impressive."

Xander Caine
Apr 21st, 2003, 01:12:17 PM
He kind of smiled but not enough that it was very notice able.

"Nothing really just some junk I picked up off a Bounty I was after"

He looked into his pocket and noticed that he only had about 3 left, if you don't count the half smoked ones.

"Here try one"

Xander pulls one from his pocket and tossed it over to the guy.

Ruben Drail
Apr 21st, 2003, 01:23:08 PM
Bounty? As Ruben used the end of his cigarette to light up the cigar, he smirked to himself. A long while ago he'd worked a bounty hunter, rounding up Jedi for the Galatic Empire with Boba Fett. He remembered having once said, aloud in this very bar, that he was a hunter and shortly after receiving an array of insults for other established mercenaries for his openness.

"So uh, you work as a hunter huh? ... What sort of things you hunt? Game? animals?"

Xander Caine
Apr 21st, 2003, 01:30:04 PM
Xander laughed under his breath

"I hunt just about anything as long as money is involved but mostly just your run of a mill human"

Takes a long drag from his cigar

Ruben Drail
Apr 21st, 2003, 01:33:19 PM
Ruben leant against the outer wall of the booth as he nodded faintly. As he spoke again, he slipped his cigarette behind his ear, so that he could hold the cigar.

"... How long you been doing that for?"

Xander Caine
Apr 21st, 2003, 01:39:02 PM
He had to think for a moment before answering..."Well I was 15 when I started and I'm 24 now...so I guess about 9 years"

Counts it in his head a few more times just to make sure he is right.

Ruben Drail
Apr 21st, 2003, 01:54:29 PM
"Long time,"

Again, Ruben nodded, and with it came an undescribable facial expression that showed he was mentally judging this figure.

"Get a lot of business?"

Xander Caine
Apr 21st, 2003, 02:04:04 PM
Xander just answered the questions. It was starting to seem like he was playing a game of 20 question with a guy who doesn't even no his name, but names don't really matter much.

"I get enough...for the moment"

Ruben Drail
Apr 21st, 2003, 02:07:40 PM
That sounded ... promising.

"Work alone?"

Xander Caine
Apr 21st, 2003, 02:13:08 PM
"Most of the time but I will work with a partner when needed"

Ruben Drail
Apr 21st, 2003, 02:15:37 PM
"And would you classify right now as being one of the times when it's needed?"

If the hint came anymore blatant, it would be a sledgehammer to the face

Xander Caine
Apr 21st, 2003, 02:18:58 PM
Xander laughed before answering the question

"Yeah I would say this is one of those times. Why?"

Ruben Drail
Apr 21st, 2003, 02:20:57 PM
Ruben lifted the cigar to his lips and took a long, smooth puff. He didn't say anything at all for a few minutes, and eventually just shrugged his shoulders.

"... Curious."

Xander Caine
Apr 21st, 2003, 02:24:37 PM
He stopped laughing and his face turned very serious.

"You see now I'm very curious"

Ruben Drail
Apr 23rd, 2003, 07:07:26 AM
Putting his cigar between his teeth, Ruben looked about for a moment before dropping down into the seat opposite Xander.

"You ever heard of Boba Fett?"

OOC: what about deleting the ooc too? ;)

Xander Caine
Apr 23rd, 2003, 07:16:28 PM
Xander shook his head as he said "Nope, never heard of him"

Then he took a long breath of the cigar smoke already in the air before following up the question.

"Is he good?"