Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 20th, 2003, 01:29:48 AM
:lol Good review.

JMK
Apr 20th, 2003, 02:01:23 AM
I try. ;)

ReaperFett
Apr 20th, 2003, 12:26:01 PM
Oh come on, I knew that the moment it was on the adverts over there! ;)

imported_Eve
Apr 20th, 2003, 01:50:35 PM
JMK: Don't be hatin.

JMK
Apr 20th, 2003, 02:52:10 PM
:lol
Now THAT was funny. It just sounds funnier coming from you Eve. :)

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 20th, 2003, 04:54:43 PM
The trailer looked very dumb, you should have went to see Anger Managment now that is a funny movie.

ReaperFett
Apr 20th, 2003, 04:57:18 PM
It was the only way the Comedy Central programming looked funny, by showing that trailer in the breaks ;)

Taylor Millard
Apr 21st, 2003, 11:55:34 AM
Maybe JMK saw it for free.

JMK
Apr 21st, 2003, 05:35:16 PM
No. I paid. AND I bought food in the theater. I want my money back.

sirdizzy
Apr 22nd, 2003, 01:46:41 PM
Malibu’s Most Wanted (2003)

Comedy 1 hr. 25 min
MPAA Rating: PG-13 for sexual humor, language and violence
Starring: Jamie Kennedy, Anthony Anderson, Taye Diggs, Regina Hall, Ryan O'Neal
Directed by: John Whitesell

Brad Gluckman believes himself to be a hip hopping, badass gangster straight from the hood. There is two problems though one he lives in Malibu and has never been out of the rich sheltered community and the other he is white pretending to be black. His father is Bill Gluckman is running for the Governor of California and him and Brad’s mom have not been around that much for him and he has felt neglected and mostly left to his own devices. But when Brad shows up at a rally for his fathers Governor race and embarrasses him with his hip hopping rap and sill attire his campaign managers suggest a radical way to deal with the problem that is Brad. Their suggestion is two hire two black actors who will car jack Brad and take him to the real hood and scare the black out of him. Sean and PJ are the two actors they decide to use but the problem is that neither of them have ever been to South Central either so they enlist the help of the only person they know from that neighborhood PJ’s cousin Shondra. But the group of actors find themselves in trouble right off the bat as it appears that Brad is not really acting and that he truly does think of himself as a gangsta and a rapper and the other turns out to be Shondra’s ex boyfriend Ted who is really a very hard nosed gangster and after Brad makes and <smallfont color={hovercolor}>-Censored-</smallfont> out of him at a hip hop party wants revenge and takes him as his own hostage and give Brad a real tour of South Central.

In all honesty I was actually surprised by this movie as although it appeared lame it can be very funny at times as it made fun of everything from the rapper Eminem whom I got the feeling Brad was impersonating and making fun of to the way some blacks act and how not all impressions are true of that culture. But the problem is while the movie was quite funny at times and very entertaining there was times when the movie was also boring and too over the top. Some of the funnier scenes like Brad rolling up with his posse to get aroma therapy candles and validated parking busted me up while others like the way Ted and his gang acted just made me grimace with all the violence in the world today. There are moments where you find yourself laughing very hard then the movie has nothing worthwhile for the next 5-10 minutes. I think this movie could have been more successful then it was as it seemed to tap into a very good parody of the hip hopping scene but at the same time did do a good job and far surpassed any expectation I had coming into the movie as its trailer seemed lame. The movie is satirical and a very good parody and should be left at that.
3 stars out of 5