PDA

View Full Version : Wolverine's Revenge

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 18th, 2003, 04:04:54 PM
This is a new PS2 game that came out today it came out in conjucture with the new X Men movie. I just picked it up today and so far it looks very good, it looks like it might be the best X-Men game ever for the PS2.

Darth Viscera
Apr 18th, 2003, 04:38:51 PM
the 2nd X-Men movie came out today?!?!

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 18th, 2003, 07:36:45 PM
No it comes out May 2nd, they just released the game early. Most likely as an early promotion for the film, hell the novelization is out too, and I would suspect the soundtract is as well, along with the toy line, it is no different that Star Wars or Spiderman in that regard.

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 18th, 2003, 10:13:26 PM
So far its a pretty good game . First off Luke skywalker, himself, voices Wolverine. Also Patrick Stewart voices Professor X that alone is cool. The game starts off in Wolvie's past you fight your way out of the Weapon X lab. I have made it to the last mission and I am fighting Sabertooth.

Charley
Apr 20th, 2003, 08:30:11 AM
I heard it was terrible, but thats just what other people have said on the grapevine.

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 20th, 2003, 04:44:09 PM
I think its pretty cool but that is coming from a big Wolverine fan. Reading the people on Gamefaqs, their seems to be a 50-50 split amoung them.

Rognan Dar
Apr 20th, 2003, 07:01:16 PM
I LOVE WOLVERINE! I've always liked him, ever since the cartoons. The only thing that I haven't really know to sure about is the comics. Never got into that.

But as for the game...I think its really good. Sure the camera gets annoying at times, but over all I like it. Its got a different gameplay then what I'm use to: Like you dont just go running around hack and slashing people, (well you could, but thats not very fun) but you need to use stealth and skill.

How far are you know, Carr?

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 20th, 2003, 09:29:20 PM
I am in Act 2 I having some trouble in the caverns I keep getting caught by the guards (you have to do silent kills down here) I think I will get by it next time I play it though.

ReaperFett
Apr 20th, 2003, 09:32:50 PM
ANy good characters like Cyclops in it?

:)

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 21st, 2003, 12:03:29 AM
Beast, Professor X and Rouge I think are all in it. As far as villains I will post spoilers here Sabertooth, Omega Red, Wednigo, Juggernaut, Magneto, and Lady Deathstrike. Also I think Mr Sinister and Apocolapse are mystery villains

ReaperFett
Apr 21st, 2003, 12:09:50 AM
Pfft, where's Slim???

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 21st, 2003, 08:57:20 PM
Well I got to the end of Act 2 (I guess) You got to try to to escape from Wendiego, I am not very familar with him what is his story? But I haven't got past that yet, you can't kill him you have to throw soliders at him so he can eat them, the soliders keep killing me though.

Rognan Dar
Apr 21st, 2003, 10:30:37 PM
Why keep killing you? How? There weak, stupid humans! Just kill two then knock the last one out and toss him. It took me forever to just find out how to get past him.

But act three is harder. I'm on the first part of it and I cant get past one spot and its driveing me crazy.

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 22nd, 2003, 11:23:43 PM
I got passed him, well I kept getting killed because I didn't know how to get pass him but once I figured it out it wasn't too hard, it did get hard towards the end, I had some trouble figuring out how to beat him, but I got it. Have started Act 3 yet will soon.

Rognan Dar
Apr 23rd, 2003, 02:24:05 PM
Yeah, I kept dieing from the Wednigo, not knowing how to get rid of him. But like you said, asfter you found out how it was easy, even fighting him was easyer then I thought. Just run around then throw him. :)

The next part is fun. Just make sure you dont just run around or your died.

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 23rd, 2003, 09:23:05 PM
Yeah this level isn't easy, there are a lot of soliders around the hard part is those darn laser turents. So far I got into the lab, that is where I left it.

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 26th, 2003, 09:27:36 PM
Well I got pass the prison level, fighting Juggernaut wasn't easy until I figured out what I had to do. Now I am battling Magneto he is hard I keep getting killed by his Magnet forcefield.

Rognan Dar
Apr 27th, 2003, 03:23:33 PM
Wow, your a lot farther then my. Plus I had to return the game.(only rented it)

So, how many acts are there?

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 27th, 2003, 09:07:44 PM
Looks like 6, I haven't got back to yet. I know there is one more boss Lady DeathStrike after Magneto, though Omega Red is in the game, but I am not sure if you can fight him (maybe they will save him for a sequel.