PDA

View Full Version : Down With The Sickness (open)

Garrett Blade
Apr 18th, 2003, 02:41:02 PM
It was late in the evening. Myrkr Forest was silent, but very deadly. The tree’s swayed discreetly in the hushed night time breeze. Vornskrs lay motionless in the undergrowth, in anticipation of passing prey. The ysalamiri slumbered in the trees, surrounded by their Force-absent bubbles. A large feathered bird glided high in the sky before diving down to the forest canopy, where it skimmed the treetops before disappearing below the dark-jade blanket to rest on a branch. And off in the distance a scream could be heard for miles around. Not a frightened scream. Nor an animal scream. But a psychotic scream. The kind of scream which destroys vocal chords beyond repair. The kind of scream which sends a chill down your spine. It echoed throughout the forest. Then another. Then three more, until eventually an entire war cry of insanity could be heard throughout the forest.

That's when the screams of terror and the animal screams could be heard. Foolish campers, researchers, lovers, scouts, rangers and the odd military trooper or agent managed to scream briefly before their crimson vitae splashed across their killers’ faces. Those that saw them died before they could tell those that didn’t see them. And those that didn’t see them died just the same. And when it was all over, the beings vanished along with the bodies. And tranquillity returned to Myrkr Forest once again.

Ruufe Shanks
Apr 18th, 2003, 05:13:23 PM
"Oi! Shut up!"

Ruufe is hardly perturbed by the screams. He hears them often enough at the Shrine. Something about screaming just ruins a meal...he's glad that the people lose their voices when he eats them. A young girl, not even with a double digit age hangs from his grip by her ankle as he wips his mouth of blood with the other arm.

"Stop screaming! If you're afraid of the dark you shouldn't be out at night!"

Epyon
Apr 23rd, 2003, 07:30:55 AM
A mysterious voice comes out of the shadows.

::Let her scream, I enjoy the sounds of fear::

A tall dark figure amerges from the shadows with blades coming from his elbows and shoulders. With eyes as red as blood he over looks Ruufe.

:: What are you doing in my forest? Did you not think that the demons of Myrkr Forest would not tell me of your presents here!::

Ruufe Shanks
May 11th, 2003, 08:39:24 PM
"I'm here because I feel like being here. What's to stop me?"

The Fledgling looks Epyon over with a raised brow, shrugging him off and looking out into the distance.

"Screaming is so annoying."