PDA

View Full Version : Desert Combat Mod

Dark Lord Dyzm
Apr 17th, 2003, 09:20:19 PM
Ok, so its freaking fun. Good game while waiting for Star Wars Galaxies

Ok, DV, question, how the hell do you fly a chopter? It keeps flipping on me!

Darth Viscera
Apr 18th, 2003, 07:19:02 AM
Use the throttle on your joystick. As soon as you get in, put it up to 25% power and wait for your gunner to get in, then put it on full blast and climb, but don't try and stand on your tail or you'll stall. Only rudder up to the extent that you are aligned with the horizon. In order to accelerate, you need to rudder down so that your chopper blade is generating both thrust and lift because of the way that your chopper is oriented. When you encounter tanks, make sure you do so at a high elevation...there may be a shiika or a tank or a self-propelled artillery piece around, and they're pretty good at hitting choppers and destroying them in one shot. Lead your target and fire mixed clusters of rockets at them.

When you want to land, cut all lateral momentum, make sure your chopper is aligned with the horizon so you'll land on your landing gear with a good degree of balance, and cut your throttle gently. If you're swaying to the left or right while you're trying to land, as soon as you hit the ground the chopper will tilt in the direction in which it was swaying and will tip over. The best way for a noob to land a chopper is to bail out as soon as your chopper hits the deck, which will immediately cut all chopper momentum but it might give a person nearby a chance to steal your ride.

Hit me up on AIM and I'll arrange a practice match.

Dark Lord Dyzm
Apr 18th, 2003, 06:23:14 PM
Hmmm, yes, that might just work!

Only, I don't have a Joystick, I still have Mouse system here. And the Joystick I do have is 2 button crappalot I got back when X-Wing First came out, I talking the Original X-Wing

Sean Piett
Apr 18th, 2003, 11:47:02 PM
This is a mod for..?

Morgan Evanar
Apr 19th, 2003, 12:04:58 AM
BF 1942.

Dark Lord Dyzm
Apr 19th, 2003, 02:00:09 AM
Ok, how do I get a Harrier to hover?

And is it possible for the Missiles to lock on?

Darth Viscera
Apr 19th, 2003, 08:39:51 AM
The missiles don't lock on. They're dumb. So are the bombs.

To get a harrier to hover, put the throttle into reverse. Full reverse=full lift. Full forward=full thrust. If you get it at about 75% reverse or so, you can get it to hover without gaining any elevation.