PDA

View Full Version : Time to get serious(open spar)

Logic
Apr 17th, 2003, 07:57:17 PM
Again, Logic is acting out of the ordinary. In addition to going before the Jedi Council for advice, it has just stepped into the Academy and issued a challenge. It stands in the doors with its arms folded, broad feet planted in a stable stance, glaring down its potential combatants.

I will spar with any one of you, regardless of rank. Who wants to show off a little?

Rognan Dar
Apr 17th, 2003, 11:16:03 PM
The day started out to be boring. Rognan didn't, for the first time, know what to do today. So he desided to look around the Academy and see what was going on.

As he was walking by he saw a man standing in a doorway, asking for a spar challenge. Rognan thought to himself, maybe I should try it, havn't done it before, should be a good use of time. He went over to the man and tapped him on the shoulder.

"Uh...I'm not that good, well, haven't even used a lightsaber in combat of any kind, but I would like to try if you want."

Logic
Apr 18th, 2003, 02:33:25 PM
The droid walks to the center of the room, one arm folding and transforming to replace its hand with a cannon. It turns and points the transfigured arm at Rognan.

Then let's go. When you are ready, make a move.

Rognan Dar
Apr 18th, 2003, 11:47:56 PM
This wasn't exactly what Rognan had in mind, and that barrel like hnad doesn't look to friendly, but why not? He did come here to learn, so thats what he was going to do.

Rognan uncliped his lightsaber, one that was given to him by his former master, and switched it on sending a blue blade out of the tip. He studyed Logics figure, stance, and everything about him. Once he was done, he started to circle him slowly, his lightsaber blade infront of him.

Logic
Apr 19th, 2003, 10:01:07 AM
Logic's cannon has several strengths. The droid isn't shooting to kill, and for Rognan to take a hit from its blaster will yield nothing more than a teensy stinging feeling, like the practice darts used in Jedi deflection drills. Logic fires three times in succession at Rognan's arms and head.

Rognan Dar
Apr 19th, 2003, 12:45:29 PM
Rognan ducks under the first shot coming to his head, and tried to reflect the other two but failed, having both shots hit him in the arm. It didn't hurt, not with great pain, but there was a annoying tingle in his arm. Rognan went back into a defensive stance, and after a second of that, he started running at Logic, swinging at his stomach.

Logic
Apr 19th, 2003, 09:02:49 PM
Logic bends at its middle, the tip of the blade edging dangerously close to its metal skin, and rotates around to deliver a backfist attack.

Rognan Dar
Apr 19th, 2003, 09:50:49 PM
The attack hit him on the side of his head, knocking him to the floor. He stood up and stood defensivly. Hopefully this would be better then attacking.

Logic
Apr 20th, 2003, 09:59:11 AM
A defense? Well...Logic's going to test it. It shoots once at Rognan's chest, practically aiming for the glowing blade in Rognan's hands. It wants to see him defend.

Rognan Dar
Apr 20th, 2003, 06:33:16 PM
The shot hit the blade and desolve. That wasn't a very good shot if he wanted to hit him. He didn't even have to move his lightsaber. A idea came to mind, and he did it. Rognan focused on the Force, drawing into it. Then he used it to try and push Logic over. Perhaps give him a advantage in this spar.

Logic
Apr 20th, 2003, 06:42:22 PM
The push throws Logic's aim off, sending the next shot zinging for the Padawan's heart. Logic gets itself together, planting its oversized feet firmly to keep balanced, then looks to see what happened.

Rognan Dar
Apr 20th, 2003, 06:52:35 PM
Rognan didn't expect his attempt to push him over to fail so bad, let alone have another shot come at him. Rognan moved as fast as he could to move the blade to where he thought the shot was coming, and to his surprise he succeeded. I think I'm starting to get the hang of this, he thought to himself. A smile came to his lips, but it was for his own injoyment, not others.

After Logic regained his balance, he jumped at him, slashing for his head.

Logic
Apr 20th, 2003, 07:30:31 PM
Logic ducks and counters with an uppercut punch aimed to knock the wind from the Padawan should he fail to defend.

Rognan Dar
Apr 21st, 2003, 10:36:04 PM
Rognan didn't expect his attack to work, and he also didn't expect him to counter, but he did and Rognan was on the floor choking for air.

Logic
Apr 22nd, 2003, 04:31:05 PM
Your rank?

Logic stands back and folds its arms, allowing Rognan time to get up and recover.

Rognan Dar
Apr 22nd, 2003, 05:07:28 PM
Rognan was breathing normally after a minute. He then wondered why Logic would ask a question like that durring a spar.

"My rank? I'm a padawan, if thats what you mean."

Logic
Apr 22nd, 2003, 05:09:11 PM
What is the extent of your combat training?

Rognan Dar
Apr 22nd, 2003, 05:30:14 PM
The lose of air made him dissy and wasn't able to keep his focus.

"Hm? The extent? Uh..." Rognan grabs his head. Why is the world spinning, he said to himself as he tried to push it aside.

"This is...my first spar. I have only learned a few defensive positions."

Logic
Apr 22nd, 2003, 05:33:10 PM
Go get a partner, and we will continue. Otherwise, I would recommend you seek further training...who is your master?

Rognan Dar
Apr 22nd, 2003, 05:37:49 PM
The world started to return to normal.

"My master is, Zeke. Why would you want me to get a partner, and why do you want to know who my master is?"

Logic
Apr 22nd, 2003, 05:43:17 PM
If you're to stand a chance, it is clear that you need either another fighter to help you, or more combat training.

Rognan Dar
Apr 22nd, 2003, 05:49:25 PM
"I know I need more training. Thats why I'm here in the first place, to learn to fight better."

Logic
Apr 22nd, 2003, 06:32:24 PM
Are you using the Force?

Logic cannot sense the Force, but it is certain that Rognan is holding back his abilities.

Rognan Dar
Apr 23rd, 2003, 02:42:44 PM
A look of something like shock was on his face. He totally forgot about that. What would you expect during his first spar.

"Uh....no. I forgot."

Logic
Apr 23rd, 2003, 04:34:00 PM
How does a Jedi forget to use the Force during battle?

Then try again, but use the Force.

Rognan Dar
Apr 23rd, 2003, 09:14:36 PM
Rognan stood and nodded.

"Alright. Lets do this again."

Rognan focused for a second, remebering what his Master said about the force, using it to boost your strenght, speed, and reflexes.

He moved into a defensive postion. His left foot infront of the other, lightsaber furmly gripped in his hand that was slightly angled at Logic. Time to get serious. He waited for Logics confermation.

Logic
Apr 24th, 2003, 06:55:24 AM
I will lead.

Logic raises its arm and fires an arbitrary blast, not really worried about aiming too much, and follows on the tail of its shot to throw a punch.

Rognan Dar
Apr 24th, 2003, 07:14:50 PM
Rognan was waiting, ready for whatever Logic might have instore. As Logic fired at him, the world seemed to slow down, alowing him to think before he moved.

The shot came at him... he swong his lightsaber, hitting it and sending it across the room... Logic was next. There wasn't time to do much. Rognan just dropped to the floor. Logics punch missed and tripped over Rognan's body, sending him face first to the floor.

Rognan stood up amazed. Did he just do that? Was it posible for him to do that? He was to coaght up in his own thoughts that he didn't see Logic coming back at him.

Logic
Apr 25th, 2003, 10:09:36 AM
Logic stands, coming back and pulling its cannon-arm back throw a punch with it. At last this Padawan is showing his skill.

Rognan Dar
Apr 25th, 2003, 02:43:42 PM
Rognan saw him move out of the corner of his eye. He ducked under the punch and swong his leg out at Logic's feet, sending him to the ground again. With all this he wasn't sure how he did it. It was like it all happen on its own, or maybe...the Force! Thats it. Thats is how I'm doing all this, he thought to himself, if I just let it take control, I'm bond to win!

Logic
Apr 26th, 2003, 10:15:35 PM
This time Logic is prepared, catching itself with one hand, regaining its footing much quicker than before and leveling its cannon at him. Three blasts.

Rognan Dar
Apr 27th, 2003, 03:58:31 PM
Rognan's body seemed to move on its own, with a little help from him. He reflected the first shot and side stepped the second, but the third hit him in the arm that help him lightsaber. There wasn't a lot of pain, if you could even call it pain, but it did startle him, making him drop his lightsaber and it turned off.

Logic
Apr 27th, 2003, 07:00:04 PM
Now, as things even out, Logic re-forms its fist and comes in to do a little hand-to-hand with the Padawan. The leading attack is not a punch though; it's a kick, aimed for his side.

Rognan Dar
Apr 28th, 2003, 04:07:48 PM
Rognan goes to pick up his lightsaber, hoping to get it before Logic was to close. But Logic kicked him in the side before he could get it. He fell to his knees, one hand supporting him, the other holding his side.

Logic
Apr 28th, 2003, 08:06:51 PM
Even now the Padawan makes a feeble defense. He's thinking, true enough, and is measuring his odds, but still...he's lacking. The droid steps back once more.

Let's try this. Attack me. I will counter you.

Rognan Dar
Apr 28th, 2003, 09:10:10 PM
How? With the force he shouldn't be on the floor. He should be kicking some robot butt. But no. He was losing and badly. He thought to himself: Maybe I had it all wrong......instead of letting it take over, I should imbrace it. Let it help me, not just do it for me.

He stood up, still holding his side, and replyed to Logic.

"I dont seem to be cut out for this. I might have standed a chance at defending....but I dont think I'll be able to attack..."

Rognan hung his head. Even though he might have figured out how he could stand a chance, he didn't think he could do it.

Logic
Apr 29th, 2003, 04:47:01 PM
Don't be discouraged. Come on. I'm going to put up my fists, and you're doing to look at my defense and try to find a hole in it.

Logic brings its fists up to eye level and sets its feet apart in a fighting stance.

Think carefully before you attack. Take as much time as you need, since this is practice for you, but know that in a true battle you won't have the time for it.

Rognan Dar
Apr 30th, 2003, 04:14:51 PM
Rognann noddes his head slightly to show his agrement to Logics proposal. He lifts his hands, to what he thinks, is a fight stance. He felt out of place, like he was doing it wrong. It was manly just that he has never put his hands up like that. He shrugged his shoulders and moved closer, but not attacking.

He looked at logic. Though he knew nothing about fihting stances and sutch, but from wat he saw it wasn't the best, not that Rognan even knows that he's talking about.

He gets a idea in his head on something he could try. Though it most likely wont work, but what else does he have to lose.

He steps forward and swings his right fist at Logics head. He blocks it easly which was what Rog wanted. After his attack was blocked, he lifted his foot up hard, almost regretting what he was about to do, to Logics groin.

Logic
Apr 30th, 2003, 06:25:44 PM
Logic sweeps the hand aside, following after it to sidestep the kick, then shoves Rognan away and resumes its stance.

Good; you're not afraid to fight dirty. Try again.

Rognan Dar
Apr 30th, 2003, 11:50:12 PM
Rognan almost loses his balance as he was shoved away. He quickly moved his feet so that he didn't fall over. After regaining his footing he wonders at how the droid was able to block his kick so fast. He planed it perfectly, well, I guess it was have worked if it was perfect now wouldn't it, he debated with himself. There doesn't seem to be a way of lowering his defen.... His thoughts trailed off, coming up with new ideas. I need to lower his defense. Then I'll be able to get at him...but how?

Rognan stood there for a while. No dought Logic was wondering what he was doing just standing there like he was some sort of statue. But on the contrary, his mind was zooming, trying despretly to figure out what was in his head.

Thats it! he finally said to himself. Wait a second, lets not jump ahead of areselves now, he continued to debate, lets make sure this all adds up. Lets say that I try to push him over. HE may not fall, but even so, he would no longer be defending himself but trying to balance or whatnot. Then that would be the time to strike. But what if he is expecting me to push him... A little voice that seemed to be his own, yet not on the same brain freakwensy, told him this: Why not just pull him over?

If your mind could rase a eyebrow, Rognan's did. What a good idea, myself. Thank-you, he replyed.

Rognan brought his hands up again and started to curcle Logic, giving him time to consintrate on the force to help him with his new plan, though it would most likely fail.

He started to move tourd him. Rog could see that he was guarding himself a little more then when he was curcleing. This was a good thing. Take his mind off of what he had in mind. All of a sudden he stopped, held out one hand, closed his eye's for a second and used the Force to pull Logic forward. Logic not suspecting this fell to his hands and knees. Now! he told himself. Rognan jumped on the bot, taking to the ground. He then wrenched a arm around his head, putting him in a headlock.

Logic
May 1st, 2003, 10:35:08 AM
A Force pull!? Logic had expected the push and follow up that seems to be the staple of Padawans. It falls to it's knees, having compensated the wrong way, and finds itself in a headlock.

Were I a living being, this would be an excellent offensive maneuver. Apply enough pressure with your Force enhancement and you could choke a person until they fell unconcious, or snap the vertebrae in the opponent's neck to induce paralysis, or even kill. But know that there is an escape for it.

Logic pulls Rognan's arms from it's neck and throws him over its shoulder, dumping the Padawan on his back.

A person with superior strength can use this and any similar maneuver to escape you.

Rognan Dar
May 1st, 2003, 04:11:02 PM
Rognan lands on his back, lossing some air as he hit. That didn't seem to work, he told himself. Never said it would, himself replyed. Rognan was confused now. How could he beat a robot. Normally it would almost be impossible. But even if he used the Force, his strenght couldn't match that of Logics.

He stood up hunched, his back aching. He was getting tired of this, or was that just his back and his other bones.

"There is no way that I can beat you at hand to hand, even with the Force. My skills are not that strong."

Logic
May 2nd, 2003, 05:03:18 PM
Then practice them, and when you think yourself ready, challenge me again. I will be your measuring bar; you can gauge your improvement in battle with me.

Rognan Dar
May 3rd, 2003, 12:35:44 PM
Rognan wasn't sure about fighting this robot again. But since his master was away, he needed someone to help him along, and this robot ust might be that person...ur...robot.

"Ok. I'll train hard and hopfully beat you next time."