PDA

View Full Version : New Terminator 3 trailer

Gurney Devries
Apr 17th, 2003, 03:30:33 PM
This one looks miles away better than the first one. I might actually go see it now.

http://www.terminator3-themovie.co.uk/video/t3_trailer_high.asx

darth_mcbain
Apr 17th, 2003, 05:10:12 PM
I'm so there...

JMK
Apr 17th, 2003, 05:14:37 PM
I was wavering on it somewhat, but I'll be there. I'm a huge fan of the first 2, why skip out on the last one?

Droo
Apr 17th, 2003, 05:21:36 PM
A better trailer but I hated the use of the same music from the Fellowship of the Ring trailer. It didn't work at all, I only think of Moria, etc. when I hear that. More enthusiastic about going to see it now having seen that though.

Darth Viscera
Apr 17th, 2003, 05:36:51 PM
That was the worst quality trailer I've ever seen. It looks like someone recorded it off of a VHS tape :x

Gurney Devries
Apr 17th, 2003, 05:39:58 PM
Dru: The music was used in Hellraiser first, but I don't think of Pinhead when I watch FOTR. :p

Visc: It's a streaming media player file... they usually aren't much better than that. :\

JMK
Apr 17th, 2003, 06:02:31 PM
True the quality is pretty bad, but I get the idea. It looks alot better than I originally thought.

Darth Viscera
Apr 17th, 2003, 06:13:12 PM
Originally posted by Gurney Devries
Visc: It's a streaming media player file... they usually aren't much better than that. :\

Not only is it a windows media file, it's one that was recorded badly from a tape. Notice the stripes on the top of the video. That's analog.

I demand that these yellow-nosed hoolimuffins provide us with a trailer that is representative of true digital qualitye!

JMK
Apr 17th, 2003, 06:20:44 PM
Relaz dude, it will be on the DVD for sure and then you can do whatever you please with it with all of your high tech wizardry.

Darth Viscera
Apr 17th, 2003, 06:23:47 PM
Wizard, eh! I believe that means that I am entitled to a hat!

*folds arms over chests and waits impatiently*

JMK
Apr 17th, 2003, 06:25:53 PM
Hang in there, it's on its way. ;)

Darth Viscera
Apr 17th, 2003, 06:28:51 PM
I should hope so!

Admiral Lebron
Apr 17th, 2003, 07:47:29 PM
All you need to do is PM me a mailing address. >D

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 17th, 2003, 09:17:51 PM
I am sure there will be a quicktime version they are always better. Also I have to say it does look better than the last trailer, I might go see it.

Jinn Fizz
Apr 17th, 2003, 10:10:25 PM
I loved the first two Terminator movies. T2 is a classic sci-fi action adventure movie, and I'm tickled pink that I've been able to find 2 different variations of the Sarah Connor figure from Spawn.com.

But I'm not interested in a third movie. I think the story was very effectively told in the first 2 movies, and to me, a third one is just stretching the idea. What I liked about the end of T2 was the suggestion of a completely unwritten future, thanks to the destruction of Skynet...now, in this trailer, is the nuclear explosion caused by Skynet? Oh man, I hate it when a sequel negates all that came before it. Granted, it's not as bad as how they screwed us with Alien 3, but still, it bugs me. :p

Still, it is nice to see Ah-nuld back in action. :)

Figrin D'an
Apr 17th, 2003, 10:37:11 PM
I'm not expecting a lot from T3, but I'm going to see it anyway. I'm still an Arnold fan, despite that his more recent films have been pretty bad. Fanatical devotion, I guess. :)

Plot-wise... the nice thing about time-travel based plots are all of the loopholes... there are plenty of ways to get around how T2 ended to continue the story. I do agree, though, the ending to T2 would have been a great way to end the story. (Did you ever see the alternate ending?... the one that showed Sarah Connor several decades into the future, sitting on a bench on the Smithsonian mall in Washington DC, recording her thoughts onto a handheld voice recorder. It had many of the same lines that the theatrical ending had, but Cameron decided he liked the "unknown road" ending better.)

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 17th, 2003, 11:30:34 PM
It is possible that something else happens that triggers it, who can say hopefully the movie explains that.

Oriadin
Apr 18th, 2003, 02:10:37 AM
People round here have certainly changed their tune. As I always say, watch the film, then decide if its good or not. I couldnt understand the people that said they watched the first two movies and loved it, but wouldnt see this one. Seems daft to me.

Jinn Fizz
Apr 18th, 2003, 07:07:00 AM
I loved the first Jaws movie, but didn't run out to see every sequel after that. Loved the first Rocky movie, but didn't run out to see every sequel to that either. So there's a precedent, y'know. ;) :D :cool

Fig, yeah, I've seen that alternate ending to T2 that you mentioned. And I thought it was pretty awful. Was way too pat, and on top of it, the age make-up on Linda Hamilton was really fakey. I much prefer the ending Cameron settled on, like I much prefer the darker ending to the director's cut of Blade Runner instead of the theatrical version's happy ending. I guess I prefer endings that have a little more angst and uncertainty. :lol

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Apr 18th, 2003, 11:37:29 AM
T2 is how many years old yet youre still putting masks on it? If people havent seen it by now, tough!

I cant wait for this one! I'll be there opening night :D I loved the first two and have no doubts that T3 will rest along side the others.

Figrin D'an
Apr 18th, 2003, 11:50:40 AM
You'd be surprised how many people haven't seen the alternate ending. That's why I masked it.

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 18th, 2003, 12:09:28 PM
I haven't seen the alternate ending, but I looked at the spoiler. ;)

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Apr 20th, 2003, 08:22:42 PM
I havent seen the alt ending either and prolly never will....but I would like to read about it.

imported_Ezra
Apr 20th, 2003, 08:39:53 PM
Anybody read the Terminator: Burning Earth series?? I wanted them to do the new movie in THAT setting. The last stand of humankind in the ruined cities. Geeze, is a huge last chance battle in that dark future too much to ask for???