PDA

View Full Version : Breaking a Man...[Closed]

Vaine
Apr 17th, 2003, 12:44:04 PM
“Pop! Hey Pop!” The squeky voice of a pre-pubescent boy called out as he ran after his father. The boys short brown hair was tussled and his clothes looked a size too small as his long gangly legs pumped up and down to catch up to his father.

“Oh hey Willy,” The mammoth man who the boy affectionately called dad said with a mischievous grin. His catchers mitt of a right hand ruffled the boy’s hair as he paused to let him catch up.

“Don’t call me Willy, Dad. You know I don’t like to be called that,” The boy said visibly aggravated at his father’s nickname for him. His big green eyes looked up in his fathers dark hazel ones. The two were sharp contrasts. William was thin and gangly not yet filling out his tall frame. His father was tall and massive. Well-toned muscles bulged out of his loose fitting blue gi. His shock red hair was long and unruly and tied up in a short tail on top of his head, the boys hair was brown and curly and cropped fairly short.

“Oh I’m sorry William,” the large man said, stifling a laugh. With a gentle smile the gruff looking man tenderly put his right arm around the shoulders of his son. His limb seemed to engulf the boy’s entire frame. “How was school today?”

“Boring, I’d much rather been with you training for the tournament,” The boy said with a bit of a whine. His father chuckled silently.

“Well I would have rather you been with me too Willy, but you know what your mother would do?”

“What would she do?” A soft, seductive voice called out to the two as they walked down the street. A beautiful, slender brunette stepped out of the door of a medium sized building, her body in perfect hour-glass proportions. She raised an eyebrow and smiled sweetly as she sauntered her way over to the boy and his father.

“Oh, hi Mom!” William called out as his mother approached. He step out of his dad’s reach and ran into the open arms of his mother, who hugged him tightly and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

“Hello, William. How was school today?”

“Boring, we learned about Corellian toads,” The boy said, as he stuck out his tongue.

“Doesn’t sound too boring… And you Mister Ashe, where have you been?”

The father smiled sheepishly, as his wife took a faux stern tone with him. She leaned upwards standing on her tip-toes as he wrapped his arms around her waste and gave her a kiss.

“Ewww, gross Dad!”

The large man smiled as he turned towards his boy. He reached out with his left hand and covered the boys eyes as he turned back to kiss his wife again. As he pulled away, he answered her question.

“I went down to Jorge’s to see if they had any replacement servo’s for the sparring druid. I blew out his left him again.”

“Vaine when are you going to just buy a new droid,” She said exasperatedly. “You’ve probably spent more fixing C-3sP, than it would cost to buy a new one.”

“Catherine we’ve had this discussion before, Sisp was my first sparring droid and I’ve known him longer than I’ve known you,” He said with a grin. “Besides Willy’s almost ready to start sparring with him and then I’ll get a new droid for myself.”

Catherine just shook her head at her husband’s stubbornness.

“We’ll talk about this later, right now your 4 o’clock class is going to start without you if you don’t hurry up and get inside.”

Vaine smiled sheepishly; “Yes, dear.” Then began to make his way into his Dojo.

Vega Van-Derveld
Apr 22nd, 2003, 03:59:33 AM
Inside, the class was already preparing. Students new and old were talking with each other and they bounced eagerly about on the training mats. One or two members sat alone; presumably those recently signed up to the class. Among these was a man who looked far too educated already in the arts to be learning in a dojo.

He wore a crimson gi, with padded braces underneath his sleeves, attached two loose fitting hand protection. His feet were bare, and as he walked back and forth across one of the mats he attracted a fair bit of attention for a number of reasons. The first was his size; already the man was a literal tower of strength. The second was his eyes; they did not look human, and in fact would have been more suited on some feral creature (which was fairly eerie considering the tattoo of a wolves head on his shoulder).

The doors into the room opened, and each of the students assumed a silent pose of respect. Vega followed, watching the tutor who looked remarkably like a former member of his family (the Lupine found it hard not to smile at this, but managed to stay still and quiet).

Vaine
Apr 22nd, 2003, 10:37:54 AM
As Vaine entered he looked at his class. He was happy with his life. It had not brought him great wealth but he and his family lived comfortably. It allowed him to spend time with his son and wife and it allowed him to form close bonds with his students.

"Hello Thomas, good to see you back, leg doing better?"

"Yes Sensei, the doctors said it's as good as new and you how's everyone doing," A young man with dark black hair and a soft tenor voice replied.

"Why they are just as fine and onery as always. Willy's actually going to participate in class today, you should see him, he really takes to this," Vaine said proudly as he watched his son stretch in his own light blue Gi.

"That's great sir, and your wife," Thomas winked.

"She's just fine and still as happy as a lark with her big ugly husband so don't get any ideas," Both men laughed at their little inside joke.

Vaine then nodded at his student and took his position in the front of the class. Something was making him uneasy, there was a new-comer in the room that made him stand on edge. Vaine however never judged a book by it's cover and decided it was nothing. Vaine was Force adept and knew it, he used it to make himself more efficent as a Tera-Kasi master. He could even move small objects and often had a small amount of pre-cognition. It was the Force that was bugging him about this blonde powerhouse in the back of the class, but Vaine dismissed it.

"Greetings class, I am honored to have you in my presence today," Vaine said, his deep bass voice booming throughout the dojo.

"Greetings Sensei, we too are honored by your presence," The class replied in unison.

"It seems we have some new-comers to our advanced class today, including my son, William. I want to welcome you all and may the Force and Peace of the universe be with you."

"And with your," The class replied.

Vaine was watching the blonde man closely, he seemed to know everything that was expected of him and he replied like the rest of the class.

Vaine your just being paranoid...

He shook his head and then knelt down on his knees.

"Take battle meditation position, today we are going to train by sparring."

The rest of the group knelt with him, breathing in as they went through a series of motions with their arms, pulling air into their lungs, holding it for a count and then releasing it.

"Very good, class now rise up and stretch your arms and legs," Vaine said as he leapt to his feet. He was incredibly agile and nimble for such a powerfully built man.

"Each of you should choose a sparring partner, if you can't find one of your skill or body size ask me and I will group you with someone."

Vaine watched as people took partners with people they normally sparred with, William and Thomas partnered up, but the blonde man in the back seemed to stay in the corner.

Let's see what this new comer has got...

Vega Van-Derveld
Apr 22nd, 2003, 10:50:16 AM
A lank, tall boy with a bit of muscle on him approaching Vega and bowed as was customary when choosing partners and the like. In turn the Lupine bowed and watched as his newly acquired partner took up a defensive stance, signaling the beginning of their small bout. While the boy did this Vega shook off his arms and legs, loosening out his muscles. Physically he was trying to make himself appear nervous and a little edgy as he set back into a ready stance, however as soon as the combat started his true nature would be revealed.

The student swung a kick up into the air, and found a palm slapping his foot down to the ground. Bouncing on his toes as he moved forwards, the Lupine swiped out a back hand hit that knocked the boys head downwards, and followed up with an axe kick that dropped down on the back of his next – sending him sprawling face down on the mat.

Vega took a step back, bowed, and smiled.

“Well tried.”

Vaine
Apr 23rd, 2003, 08:00:50 AM
Vaine watched with an approving eye as his students practiced their moves. He could see what they excelled at mostly by their repitious use of the same move. His son and Thomas had paired off and the young boy was giving Vaine's pupil a run for his money. He fought like his father, constantly improvising an attack to counter his much more advanced partner's movements. Vaine smiled proudly.

His eyes then fell upon this blonde new-comer who seemed to be giving Anek, one of Vaine's best students, a few lessons of his own. Clearly this man was on par or better than any of Vaine's best students. Vaine decided to test the man further. He walked over towards him and interuptted the spar.

"Well done sir, I do not believe I recognize you as a student, but I do recognize your skill. I am Vaine Ashe, the sensei here and you are?"

Vega Van-Derveld
Apr 24th, 2003, 06:42:22 AM
His little display had attracted attention. How wonderful. As the man approached, Vega bowed slightly out of respect and smiled warmly.

“Vega. I’ve just moved to Coruscant from the Mid-rim, was training their under Sensei Ziak. I don’t imagine you’ve heard of him, he ran a fairly small dojo.”

He was such a liar.

Vaine
Apr 24th, 2003, 12:32:19 PM
"You're correct I'm not familiar with Sensei Ziak, he however, obviously trains his students quite well," Vaine said with a friendly smile.

Vaine looked about the room. Brevin, his best student was sparring with another one of his students and like Vega, he was making sport of the man.

"Brevin, come here."

Brevin blocked a spin kick from his sparring partner, even as he turned his head to look at his sensei. He stopped and bowed to his partner and then ran up to his master, bowing as he approached; "Yes Sensei?"

"You've been wanting to take the test to attain a level 2 mastership, well here is your chance. You will face Vega in a 3 point spar, if you can defeat him, then you'll have your new title."

"Thank you sensei," The boy said with a broad smile. He then turned towards Vega and bowed respectfully. Then rose up into defensive position.

"Do not take it easy on him Vega, I want to see what my newest student has up his sleeves as well and a man must earn his titles."

Vain then stepped between the two men and held his hand up; "Begin."

Brevin immediately attacked with a stiff standing front kick at Vega's chest.

Vega Van-Derveld
May 9th, 2003, 11:33:37 AM
The kick was met with two hands, which caught Brevin’s foot at the ankle. A look of supreme concentration came over Vega as he threw the kick to the side, stepping forward into the now open space to allow himself to deliver an elbow jab into his opponents side. The student heaved a breath as the wind was knocked from out of him, and continued on to splutter as another shot – this time a kick at the back of his legs – caused him to crumple down onto his knees.