PDA

View Full Version : Frank solutions to post-bellum depression

Charley
Apr 17th, 2003, 12:34:45 PM
From <a href=http://imao.us>IMAO</a>

After the high of the war and seeing our troops kick butt as only Americans can thus showing the world once again why there is no badder dude than the U.S. of A., you're probably now feeling a bit down and under whelmed since the main fight is over. You're stressed out with worry that it will be a long time until you see another war, and that you're news coverage will be filled with fluff stories on rescuing kittens from drain pipes instead of more cool pictures of buildings exploding. Especially hard hit are our service men and women, who have to go back to their old lives of not killing evil people. My own brother, a Marine who didn't get to participate in Operation Wacky Iraqi Attacky, is left wondering if he'll ever get a chance to kill evil foreigners. All these down feelings are what is referred to as Post-Bellum depression.

Now, I took a number of Pysch classed while in college, so I feel qualified to give some solutions to alleviate Post-Bellum depression. I hope you find them helpful.

WAYS TO FIGHT POST-BELLUM DEPRESSION

* First off, remember that there is a lot of evil and oppression in the world and there always will be. That means there is always someone we'll need to fight eventually.

* Playing first person shooter games online can be a way to get that feeling of war back... unless you suck at them because then you'll just frustrate yourself more. Oh, and don't be a gay camper; that just pisses me off.

* A trip to the zoo can take your mind off things, as it is both fun and educational. Plus, there are monkeys there; monkeys are funny.

* Eat a corndog. No one can be depressed if they have a corndog.

* Going to a firing range or going out into the desert to plink things is a great way to get the adrenaline running again. If you don't have a firearm, then you're a sissy; go buy a firearm.

* Drink heavily. Drinking heavily is the number one way to fight depression... or maybe it makes it worse. What the hell do I know.

* Commit suicide. A lot of people who are depressed commit suicide. It doesn't seem like a good idea to me, but maybe those people know something I don't.

* Fight ninjas. A good ninja fight is a great substitute for a war. Just watch out for those ninja throwing stars; sometimes they're poisoned. Ouch!

* Take drugs. Drugs make you happy. Yay drugs.

* Beat up a hippy. There is never a reason not to beat up a hippy, so knock yourself out (that’s just an expression; it's the hippy you're actually supposed to knock out).

* Knit something. Knitting a scarf or a sweater is a great calming activity... Shut up! You're the one's that's gay.

* Write a humorous list about something. Writing a humorous list is so much easier than trying to put together a coherent post about a single subject. It's just coming up with the topic that's a bitch.

Wei Wu Wei
Apr 17th, 2003, 01:50:42 PM
Eat a corndog. No one can be depressed if they have a corndog.

:lol Amen, brother!

Mary
Apr 17th, 2003, 01:52:52 PM
* Beat up a hippy. There is never a reason not to beat up a hippy, so knock yourself out (that’s just an expression; it's the hippy you're actually supposed to knock out).

*looks around for a Hippie, spots Wei and grins*

Wei Wu Wei
Apr 17th, 2003, 01:54:18 PM
Say what? I'm no hippie! I'm a Martial Arts Hippie! :mneh