PDA

View Full Version : Stumble

Malick Rain
Apr 17th, 2003, 12:34:29 PM
Six Years ago I came to the realization that life never gets any better. You see I grew on the streets of Curscant and well not many people go to the part of the city I'm from.

The names Malick Rain and this is the story of how I grew and of a few people I met along the way. This story is truth told by although some may dispute it.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The alarm in the room went off a 6:00 am it was time for Malick to head off to school. He scrabbled to his feet an hour later as he father threaten with a bucket of cold water.

"Malick get your but dressed and head of to that darn school, I'm not raising no bum of a son."

Malick's Dad then left the room for Malick to get dressed. It was like this almost every single day for him and he was slowly getting sick of the routine.

He only had a hand full of friends because his parents only let him hang out with those people they approved of. He had never dated a girl because his parents would allow it until he reached the age of 17 which was only a year away.

Malick Headed for the shower, he stepped into the normal cold water. It wasn't that he liked cold showers he just didn't have choice. After his shower he put on a ragged old T-shirt and some blue jeans and made his way to the kitchen of the apartment where his family sat for breakfast.

His three sisters Molly, Barbra, and Gilly sat in there usual spot and his three brothers Jake, Jeffery, and Harold sat at there spots. None of his brothers or sisters cared for him; he was the middle child the one that was forgotten on most accounts.

Malick's dad looked up at him from his newspaper with a glare in his eye. Malick new it well it meant his father had something to say to him and it might not be something he likes.

"You Better show up at the store right after school today, none of this five minutes late crap."

"Yes sir."

Malick state with respect, it really wasn't respect it was more fear then anything. His father’s wrath could be bad sometimes, one time he had seen his brother Jeffery come home with a black eye for talking with a girl on work time.

Malick Rain
Apr 22nd, 2003, 02:09:38 PM
These where the normal days that most kids got to be kids after school but it was different for the rain family they never had the choice to be free. Everyone contributed to the funds by working at the small family store. Malick above all hated this ideal and wanted a total life change. He felt he could prove himself above the rest of his family sure enough.

On this day he would stumble and rise in one occasion to show he was a cut above the rest in the slums of curscant. He would never aspire to be a Jedi because his path never wandered that way but he shows his strength in the force.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Malick rushed through the streets after school in a hurry to not be late for work again. As he swerved this way and that he stumbled upon a few of his friends beating an old man.

"What are you guys doing?"

"This old punk isn't paying the funds to live on are turf."

"Your turf?"

Yeah, the Devils Crypt runs this street now.

Malick nearly burst out laughing thinking his friends where joking. Gangs hadn't run these streets in years and what could have change to make it any different. Soon Malick came the realization that the old rules had changed.

"You should join us Malick and maybe then we will leave your dads store alone.

"What you guys can't be serious. We have never done anything to you."

It doesn't matter we own these streets now. So make your choice now.

What a world this had become, it tumbled into the depths of hell. Malick was force to decide on his fate already and he wasn't even a grown man. What could follow this in life? Malick looked down into a puddle of water at his feet deciding his next step

Malick Rain
May 6th, 2003, 08:33:10 PM
He walked slowly home late that night well aware of his fate at his father’s hand. He had chosen to save his Family but those ungrateful people would show him no sympathy as he walks through the door. In life you’re only given some many choices and if you choose the wrong one well we all know what happens then. Every once and awhile you come across that one choice that has no good way wait so you decide witch is the lesser of two evils. Maybe you chose the wrong evil and Maybe Malick did as well.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Malick walked his slow path late at trying to figure out a way he could explain to his father why he had showed up for work. He mumbled and grumbled about how he saved his fathers future at the cost of his life. He knew then and there his family would disown him but he would come into the new family the Devils Crypt and just maybe he could move to the head.

The ground was wet still from the acid rain that came down from Curuscants upper levels. The people of the lower where rats but none of the laws of the New republic mattered down here only survival. Malick Knew this and that is why he made his choice to save his fathers business. His father needed this weather he wanted to believe it or not.

He continued on with his head lowered watching his feet move through the puddled ground. What more could happen he wonder, would he die in a gang fight now. He didn't pay attention to where he was walking and ran into a man cross the street moving the opposite way. Malick didn't bother to stop and apologize but the other man did stop and began to speak to Malick.

xsmokingmanx
May 15th, 2003, 12:04:59 PM
"You know it’s kind of rude not to apologize for those kind of thing."

Malick Just Gave a blank look to Jason as he turned to face him. Jason wasn't normally so bold to walk into a dangerous neighborhood but his son had been sighted in this area supposedly. Plus he was in curscant to do a little business with a Mr. Prent later at that Jedi Bar and grill.

"So are you going to apologize or am I just going to have act like nothing happened son?"

Malick Rain
Jun 2nd, 2003, 01:58:40 PM
When man believes he is god he nearly impossible to catch because if you believe strongly enough you will become what you most desire or Fear. The grass is green on the other side if you just believe.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Maybe, you are on my streets sir."

Malick slowly turned to face the man who had confronted him. What business did this man have telling Malick what to do, just who the heck did he think he was.

Malick stared at the man who had nice five o'clock shadow on his face. This man was arrogant and seemed to think he own the world. Perhaps he even thought he was god malick thought.

"So get your darn cocky butt off my street before I have to beat you."

The man just stared and laughed at malick with out a care. Was this man stupid or severally brain damaged? This was crypt territory and no man had the right to laugh at crypt.