PDA

View Full Version : I'm not such a bad dog... (Council Attention Requested)

Inu
Apr 17th, 2003, 11:22:04 AM
Inu arrives with his family late at night, piling everyone out of the cab and shouldering their one bag of belongings. In his arms he carries two of his children, leaving his wife to bear the other two up the stairs and into the Jedi Order's Recruitment Center. His home has been torn apart, and he can't think of a better place to bring his family, especially considering the business he has here.

Inu puts a sore, tired shoulder to the doors and heaves, holding it open for Sorreessa to walk past. He finds a sofa along the wall, usually meant for recruits or Jedi or people who simply needed a friendly place to rest. At the moment, Inu is at least two of these things.

He settles his children in a row along the back and puts his bag down, indicating that Sorreessa should lie down to make sure the cubs didn't roll over and to get some sleep herself. He kisses his family one by one, then steps quietly out into the middle of the room, relying more on his hearing than his sight. He needs to see a Jedi.

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
Apr 17th, 2003, 12:00:50 PM
Sorr yawned, it had been long day, Inu had left and had returned with their true two other children but with the altered at his heels. They managed to escape safely but their home was destroyed entirely.

Her ears pricked backward to listen to her husband while her eyes were looking at the cubs they had gotten back, it had come to quite of a shock to her that Anu and Nef were only clones of these two but in a way she liked this outcome better, she could raise these two properly now.

She ran her fingers through her eldest son's hair, it was good to finally have him back, she had never even gotten to see him before he was stolen. The cub yawned and snuggled in closer to her and she smiled, this one was a carbon copy of Inu. She yawned once more before trying to fall asleep, tail swshing back and forth.

Wei Wu Wei
Apr 17th, 2003, 12:18:40 PM
Wei walked out into the large lobby of the Recruitment Center, having sensed some people there. When he saw who it was, he started.

Wei's voice raised in volume, out of surprise, not anger. "You! You're the one who...." Wei trailed off at the sight of Inu's family. "You stole that outfit that one time." Wei's voice was quieter. He hadn't noticed the sleeping little ones.

"You have a family," Wei said, somewhat surprised. "They all look pretty beat up. What happened, and how can I help?"

Inu
Apr 17th, 2003, 12:22:13 PM
Inu chooses to ignore the comment about the theft that day. By now its not worth spending energy over. Instead, he'll focus on Wei's second observation.

"Yeah...we were ambushed at home by a horder of genetically altered beasts that have a penchant for berserk destruction. We escaped to here, but it has been a tiresome effort. I want a safe haven for my family, and also would like to join the Jedi Order."

Wei Wu Wei
Apr 17th, 2003, 12:26:56 PM
Wei nodded. "Yes, your family would indeed be safe here. They would have a good life among the Jedi. I suppose you have repented of your dark ways, then?"

Wei thought he already had his answer, but he wanted to hear it come out of the Jackel's own mouth first.

Inu
Apr 17th, 2003, 12:30:04 PM
"Yes. How can I be expected to protect them with anger? I may well turn on them someday, and then be the exact problem I've been trying to prevent all along."

Wei Wu Wei
Apr 17th, 2003, 12:33:31 PM
Wei nodded. "Yes. That would indeed be a problem. How old are your children?"

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
Apr 17th, 2003, 12:37:08 PM
Sorr's ears moved when Wei started speaking, deciding not to fall asleep just yet besides she was still a bit too stressed after the attack. Her tail swished lightly back and forth, her mate would know she was awake but Wei wouldn't. She yawned softly, trying to fall asleep but couldn't for the moment.

Inu
Apr 17th, 2003, 12:42:00 PM
"Anu is oldest at 8 months. After him is Kalia; she's 7 months, then the twins, Nef and Hiro, are 3 months. When we were attacked we weren't able to get much for them. We're short two baby bottles and we have no clothing for them. Tomorrow will be the last day we can change them until we can get more diapers, and we're low on their formula..."

Inu sighs.

"We're in for some rough times, especially since neither of us have jobs here on Coruscant..."

Wei Wu Wei
Apr 17th, 2003, 12:47:18 PM
Wei grinned. "You do realize that you will be provided for here at the GJO? You'll get a room and such, and no one around here ever lacks money. If you want, we can go shopping for the baby things later today."

Now that he had begun to communicate with Inu, Wei was beginning to realize that the Jackel might not be such a bad person. "I'll be more than happy to help you out if you need anything."

If Wei had learned anything it was that being a Jedi often meant helping others get by, more than just fighting with sabers. Truth be told, Wei felt that it was more important to see to the needs of others than the death of Darksiders.

Inu
Apr 17th, 2003, 04:16:05 PM
"Later...today?"

Inu looks about with a yawn, finally spotting a timepiece over the far door leading into the rest of the Jedi complex. 2 AM.

"Yeah...maybe."

He rubs his eyes, fighting sleep, thinking of what to do next.

"Could we find a room?"

Wei Wu Wei
Apr 17th, 2003, 04:33:25 PM
Wei nodded. "Sure thing. The Living Quarters is over in that direction," Wei said, pointing. "Just find a room without a name plate. Welcome to the Order."

Inu
Apr 17th, 2003, 04:36:37 PM
Inu smiles wearily at Wei.

"Hey, thanks."

He returns to the sofa and takes the bag, helping Sorr up and taking two children again and turning to the direction Wei directed them in.

GJO Security
Apr 18th, 2003, 08:48:55 PM
Hidden cameras monitoring the situation and being overseen by GJO security personnel had identified the Padawan hopeful as an alleged former Darkside user based on his previous encounters with other GJO members in the past and as such certain protocols would need to be followed for this situation to proceed and for his status to be confirmed. The Council of the GJO would need to be notified of his presence and a determination as to what next made by officials.

Before Inu-Aku and his family reached the doorway leading to the official Jedi Living Quarters, the door itself closed and a screen beside it lit up with an audible alert and text message reading:

<font color=yellow>Access to Official Jedi Living Quarters denied at this time.

Please report to temporary quarters at zone Three-Alpha-Five Six, until further instructions are given. </font>

Below the text message a small map appeared instructing the family where their temporary quarters could be found.

Another message appeared below the first, this one addressed to Wei, reading:

[b]<font color=yellow>Please report to the Temple and present today's activities here.

Inu
Apr 19th, 2003, 10:16:56 AM
Inu's head rolls down and to the right, looking at the screen with a very unimpressed expression. He was just accepted...so what's this all about? But whatever. Inu's to the point where he really just doesn't care. What's more important than anything is that he find his wife and children a place to sleep. Inu leads the way to the temporary quarters, a long walk lasting the better part of half an hour. It's 3AM when they finally arrive. The father settles his children on the bed with their mother and takes a seat on the floor at the foot of the bed, facing the door. It appears that the Jedi don't trust him, and he won't risk his family's life should they decide and attack him for having a change of heart.

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
Apr 19th, 2003, 07:24:03 PM
Sorr yawns and lifts her head from the bed to see what Inu is doing. Protecting the family again, she would ask him to come to bed but Inu wouldn't so she just watched him for a moment before settling back onto the bed. She yawned once more before Anuberis curled up closer to her and mewed softly. Her ears pricked forward at the sound and she started to hum softly for him. It wasn't long before the cub nodded off and she closed her eyes well, tail swishing slower and slower until it was still.

Wei Wu Wei
Apr 23rd, 2003, 09:40:24 AM
Wei sighed and shook his head. "What will they think of next? I'm off to go plead your case. Go wait where they tell you. But I've never heard of the place they specified before."

Inu
Apr 30th, 2003, 12:50:32 PM
The sun rises in the morning to greet a tired, sore, and dirty Inu, blinking against the harsh light spilling in through the window. The children and wife slept soundly throughout the night, though soon he expects the children will wake up.

"We're...just screwed..."

Inu sighs, leaning his head against folded arms.

"The way things are going, they may throw me out without giving me an opportunity to even defend my reasons...then we'll be up the creek without even a boat."

He checks their baby supplies, looking worriedly at the 4 diapers, two bottles, and the last of the baby formula.

"Please, for the love of all things sacred, don't let them turn me away..."

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
Apr 30th, 2003, 01:00:26 PM
Sorr awoke a few hours later, she tried to get up but Anuberis had a hold of her shirt. She scooped him up, walked over and hugged Inu sideways, she could see the worry in his face and wondered how long he had been awake. She kissed him softly, no matter what Sorr would always stay with him. Anuberis shifted in her arms, curling up closer to her.

"How long have you been up dearrr?"

Anbira Hicchoru
May 3rd, 2003, 03:51:47 AM
Suddenly, a knock came at the door.

Inu
May 3rd, 2003, 10:28:14 AM
Inu's heart leaps in his chest, feeling afraid for his family. After the welcome he got, he's not sure he trusts the Jedi not to try and kill the "darksider" that's come for redemption. He moves to the door and opens it carefully.

"Yes? Who's there?"

Anbira Hicchoru
May 3rd, 2003, 01:10:13 PM
"Just an old man, looking for a cup of tea."

Inu
May 3rd, 2003, 02:41:12 PM
"We don't have any. We can barely feed our children."

Inu knows this man from his Sith Apprentice days. He and a chain-wielding man fought this oldster, and were annihilated. This man is a powerful lightside master. Inu's heart skips a beat.

"I'm sorry sir."

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
May 3rd, 2003, 10:58:53 PM
Sorr walks over, sensing her husband is slightly nervous though she doesn't know why. She peers around him to see an older looking gentleman, not frail seemingly though. She smiles at him for a moment before speaking.

"Would you ljike to come jin and sjit forrr a bjit?"

For the most part, Sorr is nice to strangers since her freedom from the KAR, since she no longer has to worry all day, she's less on edge then she once was. Still she had a feeling the stranger was a Jedi and at any rate, one should be nice to a guest.

AmazonBabe
May 4th, 2003, 08:23:35 PM
:: AB walked up behind Anbira, peeking around the old man, smiling warmly at the half-Cizerack female. ::

Would you mind if a friend accompanied him inside?

Inu
May 4th, 2003, 08:36:03 PM
Inu opens the door wider, stepping back to allow them in and crossing to the bed where the cubs are sleeping fitfully. They'll wake up soon, and all four of them will want breakfast. He busies himself with their bag, preparing the two bottles they have. The cubs will have to share their first meal of the day...then they'll have to do without. They've barely got enough to feed them all.

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
May 4th, 2003, 08:49:15 PM
Sorr looked about, feeling at a bit of at a lose that they had nothing to offer their guests.

"Sorrrrry about not bejing able to offerrr you two anythjing but tjimes have been harrrd."

Anuberis stretched against her and opened his eyes looking about, blinking at the woman dressed in green and the older gentleman. the world was still new to this one, this being only his first few days awake, he was the oldest of their children but he had been in stasis until recently. Sorr nuzzled her baby softly before looking to their guests again.

AmazonBabe
May 5th, 2003, 11:04:28 AM
:: AB smiled as she walked in, bringing her arm from behind her back where she had been concealing a basket of fruits, cold cut meats, cheeses, and a few bottles of water. She looked to Sorr. ::

You're inviting us in to meet your family is a hospitality in itself... and here is a gift in thanks.

:: She smiled, placing the large basket on the center of the single round table in the room. After setting the bakset down, she looked over at Sorr and her baby, watching as the infants large eyes took her in. A big smile spread across her face, and she gestured to Sorr indicating she'd like to hold the baby for awhile. ::

May I?

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
May 5th, 2003, 11:21:40 AM
"Thank you.."

She looked down at Anuberis to gauge if he liked the stranger. Anu's ears flitted back and forth, trying to figure out some things, this one didn't look like mommy and daddy. Unlike his cloned self, Anu was a little more cautious but at the same time more friendly. Sorr nuzzled him and decided to at least try it.

"He doesn't seem to be afrrajid so no harrrm jin jit jI guess.."

She handed Anu slowly over, watching to see if he would bawk at AB but he didn't, choosing instead to bat lightly at her arm playfully.

Shanaria Fabool
May 5th, 2003, 11:25:01 AM
Shanaria pokes her head around the corner of the door, to see the young family and to members of the Jedi Council...

"Um...I'm sorry to intrerupt... I know you don't know me, but I saw your family in the RC last night... and it looked like you could use some help... SO...."

Shanaria pulls her head back, then pushes into the room, a shopping cart full of food for the adults and the babies, as well as a few packages of diapers, and a 100 credit gift card for a department store not far from here.

"I hope this will be enough... I just thought that you would like this... And to let you know that at least I don't hold anything aganst any of you because of your past...."

Inu
May 5th, 2003, 12:11:14 PM
Inu's not sure what to think. When the security re-routed them here, he was certain the Jedi meant to kill him and his family as darksiders. The arrival of the two Jedi Masters served to back this up, and now that this blue freak is here to shower them with needless charity, he's certain they mean to make a mockery of him too.

"Yeah. Thanks." he says curtly.

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
May 5th, 2003, 12:19:14 PM
Sorr's ears flit back to listen, Nef was waking up. Sorr got up to get her before she woke the other two up. Nef cuddled up with her mother and looked about, wondering who all these new people were. Nef and Anu were mini copies of their parents right down to their actions, which was noticable in Nef now flitting her ears back and forth in nervousness just like her mother does. She leaned up and kissed her husband softly as she passed him on her way back to their vistors, still not quite sure what to make of them.

Shanaria Fabool
May 5th, 2003, 12:30:10 PM
Shanaria looks at the young family, than to the two masters, than back to the family....

"Well this is the only reason I stoped by. I hope I didn't interupt anything important.... I'll be going now... So good Bye... And have a good day"

Shanaria walks away leaving her gift to the family in the room..

AmazonBabe
May 5th, 2003, 05:59:55 PM
:: AB is gently rocking Anuberis, the child cooing and extactic at being allowed to grab handfuls of bright red hair. In between tugs from the child, AB looked over at blue woman. ::

Thank you, Shanaria. I'm sure all of it will be put to good... USE.

:: A yank at her hair made the last word come out a little quicker than AB had expected. It only made her laugh which seemed to catch on as the baby opened a toothless mouth to favor her with an ear to ear grin. ::

Inu
May 5th, 2003, 07:51:42 PM
Kalia and Hiro whine a little as their father nudges them, and Inu scoops them into his arms, wrapping their little bodies in the deep folds of his shirt and throwing AB and Sorr the two bottles he's prepared.

"They can have breakfast while these two wake up." Looking to AB and Anbira, he continues. "I get the feeling you two haven't visited us just to deliver the good will basket and the charity cart."

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
May 6th, 2003, 11:11:08 AM
Sorr caught the bottle and put it in Nef's mouth, the baby purred softly while it ate, looking up at her all the while. Sorr purred softly as well, it was good to have her two stolen cubs back. She only hoped the Jedi would accept Inu, despite his berserk nature, he was a good man at heart.

AmazonBabe
May 6th, 2003, 11:20:05 AM
:: AB slowed the bottle's passage through the air, hovering it over Anuberis' curious wide eyes, before taking hold of it and letting the child drink his dinner. ::

:: Unlike the purring child that Sorr held, Anuberis gurgled and snarfed at the bottle, trying to take in as much in as little time as possible. Yes, after all those big gulps of air in between sips, he was definitely going to belch a loud one. ::

:: She looked up at Inu, and then glanced at Anbira, letting him take the initiative in answering Inu's comment. ::

Anbira Hicchoru
May 26th, 2003, 12:55:46 AM
Anbira smiled thinly at Inu.

"I'm sure that such things can be discussed over tea."

Rifling through the cart that Shanaria brought, he finally found a small green pouch.

"Ah. Perfect."

Inu
May 26th, 2003, 02:26:24 PM
Inu just sighs. It seems any kind of delay will do.

"Hey, if you wouldn't mind, could you check that cart for baby bottles while you're there at it?"

The whimpering coming from the babies in his arms is a clear indicator of how hungry they are, and the other two aren't half done with their own breakfasts.

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
May 26th, 2003, 03:44:55 PM
Sorr gets up and nuzzles her husband, sensing his impatience. She looks briefly through the cart Shan had brought and finds some bottles.

"jI'll make some of that tea forrr you, sjirrr."

She says quietly, taking the tea pouch and heading to the kitchen, getting to work on the bottles and the tea, humming softly to Nef(edit, opps, wrong baby) who was finishing up her bottle in her arms.

Anbira Hicchoru
May 27th, 2003, 08:31:47 PM
"Are you aware of the gravity of your decision?"

Anbira takes a seat opposite from Inu.

"This is nothing to be considered on a whim."

Inu
May 28th, 2003, 01:51:02 PM
"I know the consequences. I'm not afraid of them. This is the best action I can take right now. My family needs protection, and I need to learn how to better protect them. A darksider can't do that, and as a darksider I was further handicapped by my own berserk personality. I can't protect my wife and children if I cannot differentiate them from the enemy. It's here, at this place, that I hope to overcome it."

AmazonBabe
May 29th, 2003, 01:21:00 PM
:: AB was gently swaying the snarfling, hungry baby back and forth as Anbira and Inu conversed, deciding to add her own thoughts. ::

So, you're doing this for your wife and children, and not yourself? Or is this decision also for your wellbeing as well?

Inu
May 29th, 2003, 07:58:57 PM
"If it was all about me I'd still be a darksider, blindly grasping for the selfish power I thought I wanted. I achieved my ultimate goal through the darkside, but the rewards were...well...lacking. Wow, I killed the guy, big deal. It still hasn't changed who I am or undone what he has done."

Inu sighs as Anuberis pushes the bottle back with a loud belch.

"Throw it here please. I'll make another one."

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
May 29th, 2003, 08:06:53 PM
Sorr listened quietly, she knew part of the change was her presence and the cubs later on. Still she went to work on making the bottles and watching the tea, feeling it was best to stay quiet for the moment.

AmazonBabe
May 30th, 2003, 01:46:53 PM
:: AB tossed Inu the empty bottle, the baby giving another enormous belch, satisfied with his answer... for now. ::

Inu
May 30th, 2003, 10:29:12 PM
Inu refills the bottle and pops it into little Hiro's mouth. The youngest child is quite often the whiniest, and Kalia is much tougher anyways. There's something of an awkward pause, in which the only sounds come from the babies. At last, he speaks up.

"So...is that it?"

Odd, that was...less painful than he thought it'd be.

Anbira Hicchoru
Jun 6th, 2003, 03:58:06 PM
"You will find that when you reach my age, that you hear things that you've heard before. Perhaps I'm jaded to such things, but I cannot help from my own experiences to find myself wanting from your speech. It is not an affront against you, so much as the way things are."

Anbira's brow furrowed.

"Surely there must be something else?"

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
Jun 6th, 2003, 08:23:55 PM
Having finished the bottles and the tea, she put it all on a tray along with some cups and such for the tea and walked back to where they all were, holding Nef close to her so she could carry the tray as well. She set the tray down on a short table that was there before sitting down again. For now, she would keep silent and let her mate speak, it wasn't her place to interfere in such matters.

Inu
Jun 6th, 2003, 09:07:45 PM
Inu makes a second bottle, pre-empting Kalia's whine by a narrow margin. What else is there other than to keep his family safe?

"Well...I suppose there might be something more than simply keeping my family safe. I've got alot of mistakes to atone for, and a reputation as raging berserker to crush. I lack alot of Force skills that many would have, though I was close to the rank of Dark Jedi Knight when I decided that I was wrong for the darkness in my heart."

Hiro pushes his bottle away and screws up his nose, sneezing and squirming a bit. Inu gives the baby a light pat on the back to make him burp, then lays him back on the bed.

"But that's really a minor thing. Almost all of my motivation comes from these kids."

Anbira Hicchoru
Jun 10th, 2003, 09:20:30 AM
"Surely you can understand my skepticism. I have all too often seen men turn on even the most sacred of assurances in search of power. The slate cannot be wiped clean so quickly."

Inu
Jun 12th, 2003, 10:21:32 PM
"I understand. But you have to realize; I can't abandon these kids for any power. Even if I were weaker than an insect, I wouldn't betray them for strength of any sort."

AmazonBabe
Jun 13th, 2003, 04:06:57 PM
:: The baby AB was holding had fallen fast alseep agains her shoulder, and was letting out tiny squeeky snores as he breathed in and out. ::

:: She sat herself down during the talks to aleviate some of the dead weight the child was putting on her arm. ::

:: Caution, in this case, was everything. And while she understood Inu's reasons for joinging the light, she couldn't help but weigh what Anbira had just said. In essence, she was torn in two as to what to decide on Inu's fate. ::

Inu
Jun 19th, 2003, 09:15:51 PM
Inu squirms. He's starting to wonder again if they'l accept him, or if he was right in thinking that they simply meant to kill him and his family for his former darkside ways.

"I've got nothing more to say. I leave our fate in your hands."

AmazonBabe
Jul 8th, 2003, 05:29:13 PM
:: AB looked from Inu to Anbira, and then back at Inu. ::

Well, if you're sencere in what you say, I have no objections to you joining. Granted, it will be on a higher security level due to your past... but you will be given a chance to prove yourself to the Order.

:: She looked to Anbira. ::

Does that sound fair enough?

:: The child gave a little snort in his sleep as if to asnwer her question, and then fell silent again. ::

Anbira Hicchoru
Jul 10th, 2003, 10:12:33 AM
"I have no qualms about providing safety and wellbeing for you and your family...but I do not feel that it is prudent to admit you into the Order at this time."

Anbira looked to AB.

"Yet if my colleague is willing to concede to the risks involved, then I will abstain my objections."

AmazonBabe
Jul 10th, 2003, 02:13:23 PM
:: She thought a moment, staring at the floor, before turning to look at Anbira again. ::

We can make it a probationary period. During that time, he will stay here in the guest quarters, but be allowed to learn in the various classes given.

:: Through the Force she added to Anbira. ::

We can put a watch on him, a different person everyday during the probationary period, to see that he does not... get into trouble.

Inu
Jul 10th, 2003, 09:53:40 PM
That settles it. He's allowed to live here in the Jedi Order. His family is safe and well-cared for again. That is one goal completed, but there's a laundry list of obstacles to his next one; earning these people's trust.

"Thank you. You won't regret your decision..."

He takes his son back from AB and settles him on the bed.

"Now that we have this business taken care of, my wife and children need to rest. Have a good day; I hope to see you both again very soon."

Anbira Hicchoru
Jul 13th, 2003, 01:14:44 PM
Anbira rose from his seat, and bowed.

"Indeed. I hope your efforts are true to your words, Inu. Good evening."

With that, Anbira left the room.