View Full Version : Chronicles of the Sith (Asking for volunteers)

Vardlokkur
Apr 16th, 2003, 04:06:02 PM
This RP will start, it is something needed by the Sith groups.
What I am asking for now is some Jedi Masters/Knights to help me start off the RP, if you are interested PM me.

The RP, if it starts, will focus around the reuniting of the sith (If possible) and the next step in the war with the Jedi. It starts around a prophet. Yet, as nothing is written in stone, and the visions he recives changes daily, he has been driven to near insanity. Yet, one vision has blasted through the haze of his mind and presented itself with great clarity. A vision of the united Sith groups under a reborn Dark Axis.

Sith members who also wish to participate and learn more, or contribute to the plans, have your group leader contact me through private message.

If you just wish to join, just post it here.

Sorsha Kasajian
Apr 16th, 2003, 04:29:07 PM
Sounds interesting, is it in this universe or an alternate one?

Vardlokkur
Apr 16th, 2003, 04:55:36 PM
This universe. The sith here need to unite to crush GJO and the NRF

Xazor Elessar
Apr 16th, 2003, 05:11:45 PM
I'm definatly interested. :)

Nathanial K'cansce
Apr 16th, 2003, 05:49:26 PM
*looks at all 1 of the Sith Groups*

They look untied to me. o.0

I might be interested...

Dae Jinn
Apr 16th, 2003, 05:57:15 PM
Too many egos involved, and I think this thing will kill itself. :x Just my opinion though.

Vardlokkur
Apr 16th, 2003, 07:34:12 PM
TSO, TBH, The Vampire Sith, Fiends group, The Krath, etc. etc.

Like I said, splintered into seperate groups.
(Technically 1 or two are Dark Jedi/Sith Groups)

Dae Jinn
Apr 16th, 2003, 07:35:10 PM
TBH are Dark Jedi, who from what I have read, hate Sith :\

Vardlokkur
Apr 16th, 2003, 07:36:54 PM
Yeah, I know that also, but I believe they hate the Jedi more. All I am asking is for a united front to destroy the Jedi, and once that is done, we can go off into little groups once again.

Nupraptor
Apr 16th, 2003, 08:09:48 PM
Originally posted by Vardlokkur
Yeah, I know that also, but I believe they hate the Jedi more.The Jedi are far less of a threat than the Sith, so not really. TBH would much rather try to tempt the Jedi to the Dark Side than destroy them.

The basic ideal (which may or may not be upheld by every single member of the group) is that the Jedi are too afraid to use what power is available to them to do what needs to be done, and that the Sith are fools who are too caught up in an orgy of violence to actually do anything useful.

In simpler terms, the general views of a Dark Jedi are this:

Jedi: Trying to do good, but too weak to actually accomplish it.
Sith: Evil, need to be stopped by any means necessary.
Dark Jedi: Those who are willing to embrace the Dark Side to do "good" (whatever their view of "good" may be).

Again, I cannot say that every member of TBH may feel this way, but that's the gist of it. If you approach us IC with your proposal, it'll be considered, but I wouldn't hold your breath.

Vardlokkur
Apr 16th, 2003, 08:16:30 PM
Well, seems like I got my facts wrong then.

Hmmm, I'll scratch TBH off my list of possible future allies then, unless they wish to change their minds.

Lady Vader
Apr 16th, 2003, 08:17:05 PM
Yo Var... scratch TBH from the list. I honestly don't think they'd join in this idea... and besides... I don't work well with Dark Jedi (they have the J word in their title :p)

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 17th, 2003, 01:44:23 AM
Uniting the Sith groups ... basically the only Sith groups I can imagine you will get are the TSO and the Shrine (and those small cadres that you mentioned).

There is no way The Krath (though both Sith and Dark Jedi) would work with any of the other groups here and as Nup stated, its not how TBH works.

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 17th, 2003, 08:54:01 AM
*stabs LV when she isn't looking* :mischief

Interesting idea....good luck!

Vardlokkur
Apr 17th, 2003, 11:24:29 AM
Well, even if individual members (Loners) joined in the Dark Axis, or even supported the Dark Axis, then our power would grow.
I believe the Shrine and the Order are enough to give GJO a run for its money, we might do some major damage, we might not.

Even if the Krath did independent strikes without joining the Dark Axis alliance, they could give the diversion that we need to move in and hit the GJO hard.
The Krath wouldn't even have to be in DA, ithey could just sign a none aggression pact between the groups. That itself would be a major boon.

Dae Jinn
Apr 17th, 2003, 04:16:17 PM
There were only two Sith in the films for a reason...:mischief

Marcus Telcontar
Apr 17th, 2003, 04:42:09 PM
(Spoken as DT)

You know.... I'm pretty much done with take over the galaxy senarios. So ..passe. And so fraught with arguments, bitching, fighting and aggrivation.

Besides, it's not in the nature of dark siders to have a large group, even for a short time, even with a goal. The primary goal of a dark Sider is power, gained in any way possible. The nature of that is to stamp down on anyone in your way. It's about self Imperials band together, Sith and dark Jedi are fractious and get on about as well as cats and dogs.

A large alliance should be just asking for an internal war to break out. Dae is right, there is a very good reason Sith and Dark Jedi either work alone or in very small groups.

Besides, GJO has tended to smite large opposition quite easily, or just simply out wait them while they fractured. What is best is you learn from those who have succeeded - one managed that alone, by herself, the other was a small group but very well executed plan. There is no need for an alliance, not when there are some very clever bastards like.... me looking for the right time. And clever bastards like me work alone or with small groups.

(/end speech by DT)

Dark Lord Dyzm
Apr 17th, 2003, 05:57:12 PM
Its like Lawrence of Arabia style, fighting between tribes etc. Must unite and will win.

Or, if you have never seen the classics

Think Independence Day, remember how everyone was "Yippee! Lets be friends to kill the aliens!" stuff like that.

Yes, it is a major power struggle, we are lone wolves trying to kill a elk. A lone wolf has very little chance, so the Sith must pull together into a pack. And then we can have fun fighting over the scraps afterward.

The main reason I trying to start this is because, there is NOTHING else to do! Freaking bored I am

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 18th, 2003, 01:40:19 AM
Sith and dark Jedi are fractious and get on about as well as cats and dogs. The Dark Jedi already bowed out of the scheme, before being a part of it. So don't worry about it not being believable on that count.

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 18th, 2003, 03:11:35 AM
If the Sith become all powerful you will have even less to do, because you will have effectively "Finished the Game". The whole point is that it's an eternal struggle between good and evil.

If you are saying it's a good idea because there's nothing else to do, well that's just stupid really. Other people are managing to come up with plot lines of their own and RP along happily. I thought I saw TSO doing training missions, etc.

You have to face facts, in the end big roleplays based around sith vs. jedi fighting (just a massive brawl) die. People loose interest in them quickly, because they don't really have any point to them. With story arcs or character interaction there is a lot you can explore, but when it comes to simply saying "Ug" and swinging clubs at one another, there isn't so much depth.

Anyway...

[/disjointed observations]

Silus Xilarian
Apr 19th, 2003, 10:16:01 PM
In all honesty, im willing to resist the urge to dismiss this idea for a few moments. There are obvious problems, but there are other ways of looking at it. With this Dark Axis trying to get itself together, there could be some interesting storylines.

Since we've managed to throw out the rule of Two (due to the fact that it sux for RPing purposes) you can look at the Sith Empire (not the RPing group, but the actual group in the EU) and swipe ideas.

The way im seeing it is a whole bunch of Darksiders who are trying to unite, though in all actuality, each darksider (with some exception) would most likely be secretly plotting to take over control of the Axis so they'll be Uber Powerful.

I cant honestly see much good coming out of Sith ruling the galaxy, as that would be the END of the Galaxy (as already has been stated) but as a backdrop, it had potential, in my opinion.

Nathanial K'cansce
Apr 19th, 2003, 10:31:36 PM
ot when there are some very clever bastards like.... me

We're not full of ourselves, are we? :p

One reason why I did sorta like this idea was that Snack would be the perfect "Darkside" type person to be breeding mistrust into it's own Dark Axis. I would have found bringing the D.A down from the inside to be quite filling and fun. =)

Marcus Telcontar
Apr 19th, 2003, 11:32:33 PM
The main reason I trying to start this is because, there is NOTHING else to do! Freaking bored I am

Strange... I could think of lots and lots of things to do. I liek to make my own entertainment.

AmazonBabe
Apr 20th, 2003, 12:51:22 AM
I think what Dyzm meant was he would like to see a massive all-groups-involved RP, which doesn't happen often.

Marcus Telcontar
Apr 20th, 2003, 01:00:25 AM
Cause, to be honest, they end up as bitch fests and lingering sores. TBH vs GJO had plenty of "NOt fairs" and "You SUCKS!" in it. Them after everyone has lost interest, they peter out and die.

Dark Lord Dyzm
Apr 20th, 2003, 01:16:58 AM
People are reading way to far into this IMO, I just wanted to start a Board wide crazy insane thing, sure, I know the Dark Axis thing would just be a temp thing before fighting tore it apart. Also, I wanted to keep Fleets out of this. I just wanted to DO something.

And Marcus dude, like LV said, I am freaking bored with what Dyzm, my charachter has to do. IRL, I could do almost anything, go bother friends while they working, play video games, go hang out at the mall, etc.

But with IC stuff, I am freaking bored. Go Fight! Slice Stab! Oi! I just happen to be standing on this planet while a Jedi is running around... Stuff like that.

James Prent
Apr 20th, 2003, 01:24:58 AM
The point I would like to make is that people can do whatever they want to do. It isn't up to anyone else to make someone's decisions for them. So, if you're just going to complain about someone else's idea, then knock it off and get out of this thread.

Marcus Telcontar
Apr 20th, 2003, 01:34:41 AM
But this is a idea that affects others and it's clear input was called for - so it's our perogative to say if we think it will sink or swim.

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 20th, 2003, 01:43:39 AM
Input is one thing, insults is another. *shrug*

......just know...that I'm keeping an EYE ON THIS THREAD! ;)

Navaria Tarkin
Apr 20th, 2003, 10:06:11 AM
Personally, IC wise I hate getting involved in these things because of what Marcus. Lots of fighting because of the 'fighting'

OOC wise, I hate these things because I have to mod them :p and listen to all of the fighting because of the 'fighting' :lol

Dark Axis .... wasn't that the name given to the group that TSE, TSO and RSO used when they were plotting? It was at least a year ago and the board is defunct so I don't care about mentioning it... especially since two groups don't exist here anymore. Curious I am about that.

Plus, in general ... things that shake up the board sometimes generally leave a poor taste in somes mouths that don't want to be a part of it and are force to accept massive change to the universe just because you are -bored- your own words :)

Just points thrown out with random thoughtage

AmazonBabe
Apr 21st, 2003, 03:18:34 PM
Eh, just forget about the idea, Dyzm. It's apparent it's not popular.

We'll find something else to do.

Besides, you have to rally TSO and it's allies to go get LV and Hera (the thread was started yesterday... I'll PM ya the rest).