PDA

View Full Version : OOC: A word with the members of TSO...

Lady Vader
Apr 16th, 2003, 01:53:53 PM
Needless to say, I'm a little disappointed...

As most of you read (from the thread count indicator), we had an outstanding $30 out of $50 to pay for the TSO forum (I had paid Ogre $20 a few months back).

For more info, read this thread. (http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=27822)

I was hoping that ppl would step forward and help out, even if it was only $1. Hell, $1 helps a lot, especially if everyone were to join together.

As it is, one member was gracious enough to offer to pay the remaining balance. Alas, it was never done, and with only 6 more weeks until the deadline (i.e. pay or have TSO deleted from SWF), I couldn't wait any longer and paid the rest of the $30 myself.

I don't know how many members TSO currently has, but I sure as hell know it's more than just the two (myself and another) that offered to pay for our place here at SWF.

It just saddens me that no one seemed to give a hoot that TSO would have been deleted, erased, forever gone from SWF if we didn't pay up. So many read that thread, and only a few replied with an "I'm sorry, I can't now" or "I'll see what I can do". Even THAT is better than IGNORING the whole damn thing!

Disappointing.

So, now, I am warning you over a year in advance... next year, on January, I will be getting married. That means my money will no longer be just mine, but mine and my husbands. And we will be on a tight budget with an apartment, utilities, groceries, and what have you. This means I may (may) be able to contribute a few dollars ($10, maybe $20) to the amount that will be owed for TSO's "rental space". But I will NOT be able to do what I did this year and pay the full $50, thus saving TSO from extinction. So it'll be up to the rest of the TSO members. And if the full amount isn't paid by the due date of next years payment, then you can kiss TSO goodbye.

Dark Lord Dyzm
Apr 16th, 2003, 07:51:23 PM
I am disappointed in myself, I love this place and I would hate to see it die (Or worse... return to the Ezboards)
I have no extra cash around, but I will scrap and dig and put away a little bit of money each day to help pay for the bulk of the charges next year. And I expect each of you to contribute a buck or two.
(All except LV, she is banned from paying. Thats what you get for being kind and covering for us! :D )

All you really have to do, group is put away the change every time you make a purchase. Not just pennies, but quarters, dimes, and nickles also

Maxim Vasilijev
Apr 17th, 2003, 01:49:55 PM
Point taken and completely understood. One note though -b/c there was that post by Loki saying it was going to be taken care of, I think most people thought from that point on that things were all set. At least, I did.

Sorry you got left paying for all of it. I dont have a paypal account, but will look into things for next year.

Malice
Apr 17th, 2003, 08:20:39 PM
Well now that i am 18 i can do with my money as i please. So someone wanna tell me how i can get a paypal account? cause if that's what we need to pay for this thing then i need to get it.

Dark Lord Dyzm
Apr 17th, 2003, 11:30:49 PM
**Is Looking for a burlap bag, and is playing a Marching Song**

Odin Murk
Apr 18th, 2003, 04:32:39 PM
Hey, sorry, not a very ooc kind of person and never knew about this thread until I went adventuring and I'm gonna say sorry about that, I could easily throw in $10 if need be...

... but, I don't have a paypal account and the way things are, I'm gonna pass up on making one, I could amil it to somebody but I think thats a vain attempt with the whole internet privacy thing though :D If anyone can give me an alternative than paying over the internet, I'ma go for paying up what I owe to the order and such :lol

Dark Lord Dyzm
Apr 18th, 2003, 06:40:56 PM
Pay both me and LV 5 bucks, and we call it even.

And LV, The Army Guys... they very tiny, very very very tiny, but they make up for it in bulk. TINY!!! They could stand on a letter key on your keyboard.

Nayala Palain
Apr 18th, 2003, 11:06:38 PM
LV I would love to help out. But seeing how soon you shall be in the bind I am in. In the Married department my money is not my money. And seeing how all of what I make goes to my son. I can not help but maybe a dollar ever.

Now if this posses a problem then I shall do the respectable thing and depart from taking the space of a person who can help in the up keep of TSO.

Lady Vader
Apr 19th, 2003, 05:59:39 PM
Athena, I'd never want for you to leave, nor anyone else.

All I ask is for some help from those that can.

If you post saying you can't, that's fine. At least you acknowledged the situation.

As to payment right now, like i said, this year has been dealt with. So whatever money you're offering now, save it in a lil jar called TSO. That money can be used for next year. :)

Dyzm: Tiny green army men are ok. I'm prob gonna end up sticking em to my keyboard! :lol

Makoto Neo
Apr 23rd, 2003, 08:15:24 PM
Can $$ be sent in as forepayment, or just save it till the next deadline?

Lady Vader
Apr 24th, 2003, 04:08:11 PM
Just save it till the next deadline as it has to be sent to Ogre.

Dark Lord Dyzm
Apr 26th, 2003, 01:56:03 PM
psst, I need ya Mail Address so I can send the stuff to you, I can't take pictures, so you gotta do everything. P.M. me if you don't see me on AIM

Lady Vader
Apr 26th, 2003, 06:30:06 PM
Well, I don't see you on AIM, so here comes a PM...

Loki Ahmrah
May 9th, 2003, 05:17:19 PM
I said I'd sort out that last $30. Had problems with the card but we're getting a new one this week and I would've paid it off immediatly! :verymad

:spanks LV!

Lady Vader
May 23rd, 2003, 02:02:56 PM
I don't have any doubts that would were going to help me, Gav. You were actually the first to volunteer to help. Thank you. :)

But I went ahead and took care of it cause I just didn't want it to end up being a last minute thing. I can't stand last minute things.

But, if your offer to help is still open, TSO will most likely need it next pay period. :)

Dark Lord Dyzm
Jun 3rd, 2003, 02:17:05 AM
Damn! It keeps slipping me mind! I have the change, all sitting here, resting in a small bag next to my monitor... I just need to find a day and get my act together. I'll do it instead of doing my final project! Yes! Cause, I really don't wan't to do it... Stupid writing. Gah! Finals...Making me go Crazy!!!

Oolana Taine
Jun 6th, 2003, 12:13:45 PM
I can help out just let me know when and how I should send payment and I'm more than willing to help.

Lady Vader
Jun 12th, 2003, 03:05:47 PM
Thanks Oolana. You're contribution can be made for the next pay period (in about 6 months to a year). :)