PDA

View Full Version : Just Another Day....(open)

Zara Drecker
Apr 15th, 2003, 06:57:23 PM
I was a rather lousy day -- no make that a right shitty day. People were getting in my way, as usual, and -- not to mention, it was raining. Swiftly I passed through the crowds gathered along the sidewalks of bustling Coruscant City with my eyes set out for a place to duck in and get away from it all. Suddenly as I turned down a sidestreet, I was faced with my escape -- Master Yoghurt's Bar and Grill. With a sigh, I moved past a fallen man, begging for money or whatever he could get to exchange for his liquor. I paid no mind to him, though he reached out to grasp at my ankles.

I opened the door and stepped inside after a few moments, allowing the warmth to envelope my body. The rain dripped off of my military uniform as I followed a group of slowly moving customers past the guards. I nodded to the two burley men who saluted me before setting my eyes upon a table. Lucky for me it was empty, else I would have had to remove the occupant forcefully. Once I arrived at my destination, I sat down on the hard chair and sighed, leaning back slightly only to find that it did not recline like the seat in the cockpit of my ship. It seemed but minute after I was seated that a service droid approached my table with a few beeps and whistles in regard to myself.

"Get me a flask of your best Whiskey."

I demanded rather than asked. The droid beeped in surprise and rocked back and forth, whistling and beeping. It seemed like a matter of seconds before sparks were shooting out of its sockets and a few good cracks and bangs could be heard. Sizzling was soon followed and that was the last bit of noise that the droid made before it seemed to collapse into silence. I sat a bit stunned, though I did not let it show on my face. Everyone was staring at me now, and immediatly I thought of how the other NR members would perceive me after an incident such as this. I could see the headlines then and there: Captain Zara Drecker Kills Innocent Droid! Read All About the Tragedy! It put a scowl on my face and for some reason, that seemed to detour anymore stares my way.

"WHAT THE FRELL?! Can't anyone get some goddamn service around here?" I did not wish to further the scene, but I could not let the droids mishaps fall upon my shoulders so that the blame was put onto me. Just as I voiced my complaint, the bartender and two bus boys rushed over to my table. The two young men gathered fallen parts of the droid and together they heaved the machine into the air and carried it off. "I'm deeply apologetic, Captain Drecker -- it won't happen again, I promise." The man spoke quietly and I noted his lower lip was quivering a bit. It was pathetic, really, and for some unknown godforsaken reason, I was almost sympathetic. "Just get me your best Whiskey and forget it." I said, quite irritated. He nodded and nearly bowed before scurrying away from the table to fill my order. Leaning back once again, I allowed my eyes to search the place once again, wondering just who had seen the incident. I could not help but contemplate a few who remained staring at me as well. Though a fatal look remained on my face, they would not turn away -- this made me uncomfortable, to say the least. "They could use a railgun firmly up their behinds" I thought to myself, but soon found the matter trivial and so, my mind dropped it for the time being.

Malick Rain
Apr 22nd, 2003, 07:54:20 PM
Malick was sitting at table near where the droid incident happened. Malick being a native of the lower streets of Curscant new a little of the NR Captain Zara Drecker mainly just her name and look.

He would have laughed at the incident if he would have cared but such things never mattered to him. Money and power where the only things that really mattered in this world embarrassment could be over come. Malick did how ever stare at the NR Captain for a little while not fazed by her intimidating scowl.

There was just something about a woman with an angry look on her face Malick thought to himself. He only kept the thought a moment before turning back to his drink. Taking a drink of his Whiskey he began laugh to himself as he turned his gaze back to Zara.

"You know you scared the circuit’s right out of that poor droid. Why does a woman of your standing have to be in such a bad mood?"