PDA

View Full Version : Trouble Abounds (Open)

Telexia Xio
Apr 15th, 2003, 09:58:54 AM
Telexia, a 19 year old girl, walks into the Bar and Grill late in the night. Dressed in a forest green dress. She stops at the door and hands over her dagger before going to the bar and ordering herself an apple cider. She pays for it when it arrives and heads off to a table in the center of the B&G. A haunted look is on her face as she looks around the room. As her eyes fall upon one person though, she screams loudly for a moment before stopping. By this time though, the bar had gone quiet and almost everybody was looking at her. I wish that I could just disappear she thought to herself. This has got to stop.

Slowly she slouches down in her chair, trying to make herself disappear from sight. After several moments, the other patrons slowly turn there attention away from her except the one that had caused her to scream when she looked at that person.

Hayes Muirso
Apr 15th, 2003, 10:03:43 AM
Getting a shock, whilst drinking out of a straw, is a messy business – as Hayes found out. When the girl screamed he exhaled sharply into his drink, causing bubbles to suddenly swell up in the liquid, over-flowing a good amount of the drink onto the table top. He brought his hand to his mouth and coughed loudly, trying not to choke after the sudden shock.

Once a bit of the dampness, from the surprise, had gone from his eyes and the redness from his cheeks, he looked over at the girl and smiled warily.

“Everything alright?”

Telexia Xio
Apr 15th, 2003, 10:10:00 AM
Telexia shakes her head no.

"No, everything is not alright. Nothing has been alright for years now."

Telexia picks up her cider, her hand shaking, and takes a sip of it before placing it back on the table, feeling the one persons eyes still on her. The person which when she saw them, caused her to scream.

Hayes Muirso
Apr 15th, 2003, 10:15:54 AM
For a second, Hayes looked down into his drink. Suddenly that day in bed suddenly like a good idea. Against his best judgment he stood up and pushed the books he had been reading into the bag that was slung over his shoulder, slowly approaching the table where Telexia sat.

Discreetly as possible, he asked, “Someone in here giving you trouble?”

Telexia Xio
Apr 15th, 2003, 10:20:54 AM
"No, not really. Just things which have been happening for years which I have no control over. Though there's a person in the corner that isn't the nicest person. They're going to cause some sort of trouble, and soon I think.

Please, feel free to have a seat if you wish. I won't bite."

Hayes Muirso
Apr 15th, 2003, 10:23:32 AM
Letting his bag drop down to the floor, he looked over at the person that he thought the girl was talking about and frowned. Perhaps she was a Jedi and had some sort of clairvoyance, but otherwise he couldn’t see anything odd.

Looking back at Telexia, Hayes sat down and smirked.

“… What do you mean; they’re going to do something?”

Telexia Xio
Apr 15th, 2003, 10:28:40 AM
"When I looked at them, I saw that they were going to cause harm to somebody. Perhaps even kill someone. Tonight. They are going to do it tonight. Or at the latest, early tomorrow morning.

A shadow surronds them, and it's hard to see through it, but I can."

Hayes Muirso
Apr 15th, 2003, 10:30:37 AM
Adjusting his glasses, Hayes blinked.

“Oh. I see.”

He looked back at the person and squinted, trying to picture this shadow, or even them committing some criminal act. Admittedly, he was having a hard time.

“… What were you saying about everything not being all right… for years?”

Telexia Xio
Apr 15th, 2003, 10:35:28 AM
"I've been seeing things happen when I look at ppl. Then a short while later, what I saw actually happens. I can see if a person is nice or if they are mean.

Whenever I look at a mean person, I see some sort of monster surronding them in the form of a shadow. But a nice person, well, it's almost like they are angelic when I look at them.

My parents believe me to be insane and were going to put me in an asylum, but I ran away before they could do that. They don't understand me and what's going on with me. I don't know whats going on with me. Maybe my parents are even correct. Maybe I am actually insane, though I like to think that I'm not insane."

Hayes Muirso
Apr 15th, 2003, 10:41:24 AM
“Naaaah… you’re not insane.”

Silently, Hayes was praying that she wasn’t. In the past he’d dealt with lots of troubled children, and nine times out of ten they had mental problems. The other tenth were gifted in the Force, which he hoped was the case with this girl.

“You probably just have some Force ability, like Jedi, that you don’t know about.”

Telexia Xio
Apr 15th, 2003, 10:44:07 AM
"What's this Force ability thing? I've never heard about it before."

Telexia looks right at Hayes, the haunted look still in her eyes, but it seems to ease as she looks at him.

"And whats the Jedi? Is it some sort of fan club?"

Hayes Muirso
Apr 15th, 2003, 10:47:29 AM
“The Force is like … this mystical energy that you can … do weird stuff with. Jedi are the people who use it. It’s sort of like magic I guess … it lets you move things with your mind.”

Hayes was making himself confused already, and he furrowed his brow at trying to explain something that even he himself did not yet understand.

Telexia Xio
Apr 15th, 2003, 10:51:53 AM
Telexia nods her head slightly before hitting her forehead.

"I'm being rude, my names Telexia."

Telexia, after hearing about the Force and Jedi, gets a distant look on her face, like she's looking at something that is far off. After a couple of minutes like this, her eyes refocus on Hayes and she nods.

"How would a person go about getting ahold of these Jedi?"

Hayes Muirso
Apr 15th, 2003, 10:53:22 AM
“Hayes,” he smiled politely.

“And uh, I just went over to the recruitment place… it’s about a five minute walk from here, and they get you all sorted for becoming a Jedi in there. It’s pretty easy.”

Telexia Xio
Apr 15th, 2003, 02:45:51 PM
"Ok. Do you really think that I might have Force abilities?"

Telexia picks up her cider again and takes another sip, her hand still shakes when she does this though.

Hayes Muirso
Apr 15th, 2003, 02:49:04 PM
“Well most of the Jedi, so I understand it, didn’t have force abilities to begin with and developed them, but I don’t see why you couldn’t be born with them,” Hayes said, hopefully being helpful.

Telexia Xio
Apr 16th, 2003, 08:50:15 AM
Telexia nods her head slightly as she takes another sip of her cider, her hand still shaking.

"Alright. Now these Jedi, are they nice ppl?"

Hayes Muirso
Apr 16th, 2003, 09:48:24 AM
“I’m a Jedi, and I consider myself a nice person.”

Hayes tried a little humor, then added just in case:

“But seriously, the one’s that I have talked to have been great.”

Telexia Xio
Apr 18th, 2003, 10:11:54 AM
Telexia's voice changes tone slightly as her eyes grow a bit distant.

"You will do well Hayes Muirso as a Jedi, but great temptations will be presented to you. If you are to be a Jedi in every sense, you must resist the temptations that will present themselves to you."

Telexia's eyes refocus on Hayes and her voice goes back to normal.

"Perhaps I shall get to meet some of them sometime."