PDA

View Full Version : Spar (open)

Syrius Cline
Apr 15th, 2003, 12:43:26 AM
Syrius paced the room waiting for someone, anyone to enter. He needed the practice and generally just needed the exercise.

Gurney Devries
Apr 15th, 2003, 01:21:51 AM
The lad looked a bit silly, to be honest. He reminded me of one of those club-goers on Coruscant. Bunch of wacky youths that dressed like dren and painted their hair more colors than you'd see whacked out on the finest Giggle-Dust. Most of all, though, his pacing was starting to get on my nerves.

Crouched in the far corner, I lifted my head from my knees and called out to him.

"Hey, kid... just what exactly is your problem? I don't see no cage around you, so why are you pacing around like an animal?"

Straffe Stormrider
Apr 15th, 2003, 05:44:20 PM
Straffe passed through the academy which he hadnt been at in awhile. He felt a familiar pressence when he passed one of the sparring rooms. He slowly looked into the room and saw his two past adversarys and fellow padawans. It had been awhile since Straffe had faced them and thaught it was a good time to show them what he has learnt.

Straffe slowly entered the room, removing his cloak as they heard no footsteps. This was going to be a good match, free for all. A great way to develop their battle feild techniques and improve their sences.

He stood, not moving from his position near the side as he looked over the two. Woundering if they would take him on after his extensive training

Syrius Cline
Apr 16th, 2003, 01:14:18 AM
Syrius snapped to, coldly and sternly. He loosened up as he came to his senses.

"Trying to keep busy, mate. I wouldn't call that a problem, mind you."

Syrius turned as he saw Straffe out of the corner of his eye.

"Want to make a go of it, mates? I'm game for a spar."

Straffe Stormrider
Apr 16th, 2003, 07:35:42 AM
A grin spread across Straffes face

"Thats what I'm here for no? But you better watch yourself...Ive improved"

He cracked his neck and loosened up

Gurney Devries
Apr 16th, 2003, 07:53:22 PM
I shrugged, the hood of my robes falling backwards. I looked up to take a look at the new entrant. This one looked even crazier than the first, with his hair standing up in every which direction. I made a mental note to find a better spot to meditate in for the future.

"Why don't you kids have fun. If the winner is still standing, I'll be glad to put him on his <smallfont color={hovercolor}>-Censored-</smallfont>."

Syrius Cline
Apr 16th, 2003, 09:18:04 PM
"Pleasant chap..." he mumbled to himself.

Syrius took off his shirt and loosened up by shadow boxing for a few seconds. He turned to Straffe.

"Thanks for the warning, mate. Start it off then."

Straffe Stormrider
Apr 17th, 2003, 09:39:07 AM
Straffe grinned

"Dont mind if I do..."

He quickly dashed towards Syruis, begining a round of fast jabs

Syrius Cline
Apr 18th, 2003, 01:29:02 AM
Before Straffe could even make Syrius dodge a punch, Syrius had already kicked him. He had jumped off his foot, turned to face away from him, and kicked him in the chest with both his feet.

Falling himself, as Straffe had to of after that attack, Syrius rolled over on his back. He rolled forward and used his hands to launch into a tumble, getting upright as he neared the spot he estimated Straffe to of landed.

Straffe Stormrider
Apr 19th, 2003, 09:35:34 PM
Straffe landed on his back but quickly fliped onto his feet. He got back into his fighting position and examined his opponent. He seemed to have gotten better but Straffe would show him a thing or two.

He ran towards Syrius who was in a defencive position. Straffe put on foot on his chest and used it to push himself off of, fallowing threw with the other foot he connected with his opponents chin

Syrius Cline
Apr 21st, 2003, 02:53:43 AM
He rolled with the kick, letting it send him naturally to the ground and slightly to his left. He turned to face the ground as it came up at him. He placed his hands on the ground in tradtional push-up form. He pulled his left leg up for support and power. Now, springing up and over, he flipped to face up. His left leg was coming up and around, the reason for his actions, his attack. It slammed into the side of Straffe's right knee and followed through to land on the ground. Syrius flipped over again, keeping himself up by placing a right arm behind him on the ground. He swung his right leg around to hit the back of Straffe's ankles, sweeping them off the ground. As he followed through, his right leg came back under him and he pushed himself up.

"From 1 to 10, mate?" He asked Straffe for his skill level.

Syrius had always known these abilities. Being part of a police force that never used guns, martial arts were a nessity. However he never had the physical fitness to back what he had learned in theory in the police academy. That and he was commited to relearning those practices again and again in his mind since he became a Jedi. Now he had finally gotten his mind wrapped it.

Straffe Stormrider
Apr 21st, 2003, 02:24:01 PM
"I give you a 7 for your effort cause you lack in streingth"

If Straffe had pulled off that move he would have probibly broke an ankle or two. Coming from a family of martial artsists himself, he knew how to fight hand to hand.

He had his back on the floor and looked at the ceiling. In a split second he pushed himself onto his hands into a hand stand then cartwheeled onto his feet. Their eyes locked as Straffe got into position.

Straffe quickly dashed back towards his opponent. He faked a kick to the right of Syrius's side but came and connected with his left foot on the opposite side of the body

Syrius Cline
Apr 22nd, 2003, 01:55:07 AM
7? Well, that was rather good actually. If he'd hit him harder, the reason he didn't score higher, then he'd gotten a higher score. Something to take in mind for training.

As he was hit, he fell to his knees. It'd hurt like fire and brimstone. The likelihood of his ribs being bruised was high, though his adrenaline was keeping him afloat and unaware to any hindering pain.

He came directly back up as Straffe's leg was landing from the kick. Catapulting forward, he drove his shoulder into Straffe's stomach. Grabbing the back of Straffe's knees, he drove his shoulder up, lifting Straffe off the ground for a second before slamming him into the ground. His full weight pressed down on top of the other. In an effort based on sheer instict, he pushed up and connected the top of his head with the bottom of Straffe's chin.

Straffe Stormrider
Apr 22nd, 2003, 08:48:37 AM
Straffe hit the floor hard as Syrius charged him. When he hit the ground, Syrius's head rammed into the bottom of his chin. He knew he had to of chipped a tooth there. A split seccond spent on the floor was all he needed.

He pushed Syrius off and over his head with his feet. He then fliped up and droped a foot on his opponents chest

Syrius Cline
Apr 24th, 2003, 12:11:45 AM
Syrius was dazed. Through his trained reflexes, though much of that he was told by his Master was in fact the Force guideing him, he was able to act despite his state.

He slammed his right and left palm into the ankle, both connecting at relatively the same time. He then twisted his grip to twist the ankle, then push the ankle up, raising it from his chest. The palm strike weakened Straffe's power to push down, as a sudden jolt of pain was sent through him. The twisted of the ankle and pushing both hurt Straffe more and used Syrius' own strength to counter Straffe's weakened power.

Now, as the foot was hovering above him, Syrius kicked Straffe's other leg with one of his own. This caused Straffe to buckle and commit more of his balance to the raised foot. Now Syrius pushed hard and raised up, pushing Straffe onto his back.

Syrius turned over, pushed himself up, and waited.

Straffe Stormrider
Apr 30th, 2003, 08:15:04 PM
Straffe rolled onto his stomach and back onto his feet. He got back into position and prepared to attack Syrius again. He focused on the Force and began waving his hands. A small cloud of mist slowly filled the room as nothing could be seen after awhile

"Hope you can sense and not only use your eyes"

Straffe boasted as he sent an elbow to Syrius's chest and darted back into the smoke

Syrius Cline
May 2nd, 2003, 10:35:03 PM
"Son of a--" he got off before the elbow slammed into his chest. "What the hell is all this then? They teach smoke screens in this outfit? Hell, I've got to study more."

He covered up his face and ribs by using a boxer's stance. Elbows pointed at the floor, fists near the cheeks.

"Yeah well, I can't sense you, so have fun while it lasts mate."

Little did Straffe know, nor did Syrius consciously, that Syrius had a built in warning system. Something that gave him a little tingle of inspiration when he needed it. Hopefully Syrius would be listening enough to hear it in time.

Straffe Stormrider
May 8th, 2003, 08:42:32 AM
Straffe zipped by him, smoke swirling in his wake. He jabed here and there hopeing to connect with an open spot. He used the Force ti pick up a piece of wood from the side lines and used it as a distration for Syrius.

He made the poll tap Syrius shoulder to distract the punch that was coming from the opposit side

Syrius Cline
May 10th, 2003, 12:46:26 AM
Syrius ducked instead of blocking the pole directly. In such a situation where you couldn't see what was hitting you it was best to not guess. If it was a hand, there'd be another right behind it and he didn't have the ability to know which hand had touched him or where it came from. So he ducked.

Now, Straffe's punch went clear over his head. Hearing both the whiff of sound as the arm swung through the air and the Force giving him a slight tingle, he felt around and found Straffe's knees. He sprung up and came under the arm that had swung, though he didn't know it. He grabbed onto whatever he could feel and tried to take Straffe to the ground through brute force. There atleast he could know where his opponent was.

Straffe Stormrider
May 11th, 2003, 12:18:42 PM
Straffe fell to the ground with Syrius on his back. His opponents lock on him made it hard to move. Hardly being able to move his arms, Straffe had to use his head.

He got up to his feet, breathing became a bit harder. He jumped into the air and used the Force to push him into the ceiling. Syrius's back connected with the roof and let go of his grip. Straffe safely landed on the ground and watched his opponent fall helplessly.

Straffe positioned himself under Syrius and caught him as he fell so not to injure him more

Syrius Cline
May 13th, 2003, 01:45:43 AM
Syrius was able to see Straffe's face enough through the smoke to get him a smile.

"Merciful act, mate. Much obliged."

He looked down on the floor.

"Put me down now?"

Straffe Stormrider
May 15th, 2003, 07:47:15 AM
Straffe chuckled

"No problem"

He put Syrius back to his feet

"Do we continue? Or take a rest?"

He looked at Syrius, rembering that he wasnt to skilled with the saber, offered to teach him some skills

"I have an idea...You once told me you were not skilled with a saber. IF you would like, I can show you a few moves and aid you in finding your own style of sword fighting. I do have extensive training with the sword and will be happy to show you a few things"

Syrius Cline
May 17th, 2003, 02:04:16 AM
Syrius nodded, smiling.

"That'd be darn right lovely, mate. Sure, lead the way teach."

OOC - Sorry, sorry, sorry. :)

Straffe Stormrider
May 20th, 2003, 08:59:37 AM
o.o.c: Sorry for what?

Ic:

Straffe smiled at his friends thurst to learn

"Hopefully I wont get in trouble for this, you know...Showing another padawan how to weild a saber"

He pulled out the sword that was on his back. It seemed like a simple mid century sword, hand crafted by Straffe himself. He clicked a button and the sword was instantly ingulfed in a blue light

Sage Hazzard
May 22nd, 2003, 01:02:16 AM
Syrius nearly jumped out of his skin, though he did jump a few steps back.

"Okay... So... Yeah... Bloody hell, I'm not sure I'll ever hold one of those mate."

OOC - Late reply. Which, I guess I need to aplogise for again. :) Yet another late reply. I'll try to reply quicker next time.

Sage Hazzard
May 22nd, 2003, 01:04:16 AM
OOC - Oh man, wrong username. Just pretend it's Syrius, okay? :)

Straffe Stormrider
May 22nd, 2003, 07:10:33 AM
ooc: Its all cool :)

IC:

He watched Syrius's reaction

"A key Jedi trait is his saber. You are defind by you saber skills in the universe. You should at least learn to weild a sword..."

Straffe woundered if Syrius wanted to weild a sword or a saber

Syrius Cline
May 24th, 2003, 01:29:19 AM
"Yeah, I've been told that, believe me. Problem is see... I was raised on Alderaan. There we don't take lightly to weapons. In fact, before I was born, the government took all lethal weapons and shipped them off on a ship destined to make random hyperspace jumps throughout eternity, so no one would ever come into possesion of it. I'm not too keen on killing either."

He rubbed the back of his head.

"I've never handled a weapon like that, with the power to kill so quickly, in my life. Except for the first time I came in contact with my Master. I used her sabre to kill a man who would of killed her and myself if I hadn't. It wasn't like how it happens in the holomovies... it was real. Guess I've been scarred from it."

He sighed.

"But I know it's a tool for peace and... I get the feeling it's not bad if you don't use it wrongly. It's not the sabre that's evil, it's what evil people do with it. So, I want to learn... just, it's a bit shocking, you know, to see it all fired up like that."

Straffe Stormrider
May 27th, 2003, 07:40:30 AM
"Well lets take it slow then..."

Straffe unignighted his saber bringing it back to its sword state. He pulled out his Strider blade and tossed it over to Syrius

"Thats my Strider blade "Spirit". It comes in handy when its a none saber fight. My family are known for Martial Arts and ancient warfare. Hope I can pass what I know on to someone soon.."

Syrius Cline
Jun 5th, 2003, 02:31:03 AM
He looked over "spirit". Pretty thing. If he didn't have logic and knowledge on his side, he'd think of it like art rather than a weapon.

"Well, you can help me out right now mate. How do you work these things? I see these do rights around here and they look like they've got it together, yet my form's way off in comparison."

Straffe Stormrider
Jun 5th, 2003, 08:44:19 AM
"Well since this is a normal sword...You just need to hold the handle. In my case, I have fused my saber with the blade of my sword"

Straffe held out his sword and waved it around abit

"You hold it kind of like your holding a baseball bat"

Syrius Cline
Jun 6th, 2003, 01:37:38 AM
"Ah."

He held it with his right hand over his left, then bringing it up so his elbow was on the same plane as his earlobe.

"Like this? How in the hell do I protect my left?"

Straffe Stormrider
Jun 10th, 2003, 11:30:11 AM
Straffe smiled

"It was just a way of helping you understand. Hold it out infront of you, tip facing the ceiling"

Straffe held out his sword infront of him

Syrius Cline
Jun 15th, 2003, 02:18:11 AM
Syrius nodded, though his eyes remained on the sword. He matched Straffe's stance.

"Ah... okay. Now what?"

Straffe Stormrider
Jun 15th, 2003, 09:46:10 AM
"This is what I call a begining stance. From here you can eather defend or attack just by the way you move. Firts ill show you an over head swing"

Straffe put his left foot forward and kept his right behind. He pulled the sword up and made the blade almost become parralelle to his back. He skipped and braught the blade foward to its begining position, making a swish sound in the air. The tip of the blade this time faced infront of Straffe instead of towards the ceiling

"Now you try"

Syrius Cline
Jun 19th, 2003, 01:07:28 AM
Syrius threw caution to the wind and attempted it.

He put his left out and stepped forward. Bringing the sword back, he skipped. Admitedly, he had a little trouble with the skipping part, he wasn't a pro skipper or anything. But he did finished with a downward slash, somewhat mimicing Straffe's end result.

"Good?"

Straffe Stormrider
Jun 19th, 2003, 01:09:46 PM
Straffe smiled and clapped his hands

"Very good...Are you sure you havnt done this before?"

Syrius Cline
Jun 20th, 2003, 12:36:10 AM
"Well, I'm not opposed to using bats or pipes, so I have some experience in swinging things. Whatever's handy. But the idea of a lethal laser sword that you can keep in your pocket and kill whoever you like with... it just bothers me."

Straffe Stormrider
Jun 20th, 2003, 10:57:34 AM
"Its not just to kill people, sure it has the power but Jedi's only use it for their defence and the defence of others. The Jedi always think of another option other then death, thats the last thing we want to do. We are the defenders of peace and we will protect the innocent if you dont already know that"

Syrius Cline
Jun 20th, 2003, 11:32:35 PM
"Sure, I know that. It's just that if you have the weapon to kill people, it'll happen. I know I can't kill someone with a punch of my fist, or a kick of my foot. With the sabre, I know that if I get past their defensesm, they die. See, I was brought up to think that even my worst enemies didn't desearve death... I'm understanding, it'll just take a while to understand what I'm understanding, if that makes any sense."

Straffe Stormrider
Jun 21st, 2003, 01:47:00 PM
Straffe seemed a bit confused about what he said about the understanding bit

"Well you can kill someone with the right training by useing your hands and feet. Your right when you say it will happen that someone will get killed by a saber. The only way I see that happening is when we have no other choice"

Syrius Cline
Jun 23rd, 2003, 01:45:37 AM
Syrius slowly came a wee bit around, nodding slowly.

"Yeah... Well, I suppose that if a bloke charged at me, sabre raised, I'd need to stop him. He'd kill me undoubtedly, especially if he was one of those Darksiders. And then he'd go on to kill others. If I didn't know how to use a sabre properly, I might have to resort to something else, which might be just as lethal. Especially if I had to do something drastic, where the outcome would be fatal surely. Maybe with a sabre I can stop things quickly, and still not kill anyone..."

He gripped the sword in his hand tighter.

"Well, don't stop tutoring."

Straffe Stormrider
Jun 26th, 2003, 01:02:48 PM
"OK.."

Straffe said with a smile

"I want you to use an over head slash on me so I can show you how to block it. OK?"

He got into stance, awaiting Syrius's move