PDA

View Full Version : We only come out at night [open]

Salem Ave
Apr 14th, 2003, 11:31:32 AM
Mid-evening, and the sun had just set on Coruscant as the people came out to play. Free from their jobs and ties during the day, they flocked out to the many hot spots within the city, some even daring to patron the Jedi bar and grill. One among these was a boy, 18 or 19 perhaps, with cropped dark hair and solid black eyes to match. Sat at one of the many unused tables within Yog’s, he cradled a small steaming cup in one hand; each of the three talon-like fingers on his hand curling around the mug as he stared off into no where in particular, in thought. Today, the Sith Knight had masked his Force signature well, and was on a personal mission of sorts, in ‘preparation’ for other things to come - he was looking to speak with a Jedi.

Maximas
Apr 15th, 2003, 07:46:33 AM
Maximas sat alone at a table with his Vodka. For some reason he just couldnt get comfortable. He'd been working out and felt all sticky and irritable so that probably had something to do with it.

Across from the padawan a stranger caught his eye. He appeared to be staring at him. Well, it was in his direction anyway. After giving a stern look back and making a face as if to ask what are you staring at he decided to go over to the man. "Hey pal, you got a problem or something?". There was a cocky tone to his voice. Max certainly wasnt lacking in confidence.

Salem Ave
Apr 15th, 2003, 07:55:48 AM
There was a moment before Salem responded, in which he lifted his cup to his lips and appeared to take a sip from it.

“None what sss-o overrrr,” the boy replied, his speech impediment becoming apparent immeadiately.

Maximas
Apr 15th, 2003, 08:04:46 AM
Max gave the man a funny look as he replied. He wondered if he was taking the piss with his voice at first but came to the conclusion it was probably some form of speach impediment, or perhaps even part of his accent. "Well why were you staring at me then?", he said trying to be intimidating.

Salem Ave
Apr 15th, 2003, 08:09:29 AM
“I was just wonderrring if you were a Jedi,” Salem lied – being a Sith knight, he could already sense that this man was a lightsider.

“I wasss looking to speak with one.”

Maximas
Apr 15th, 2003, 08:23:09 AM
Max pulled out a chair and sits at the mans table before being invited to do so. "Really? Well what is your business with the Jedi?".

Salem Ave
Apr 15th, 2003, 08:24:29 AM
The man had sat without even being asked; this was going better than Salem had expected.

“I don’t have business with them; I’m just currrious about what it takes to be a Jedi – trrraining wise, and such thingsss.”

Maximas
Apr 15th, 2003, 08:38:23 AM
The man was curious. Max didnt like him really. He couldnt quite put his finger on what it was but there was something about him that seemed... odd. "Why's that then. Thinking of joining the order or something?"

He indicated over towards a server droid to bring him over another large vodka.

Salem Ave
Apr 15th, 2003, 09:34:46 AM
“I’m keeping my opitionsss for the future open,” Salem replied, with a small unnatural smile.

“Tell me about being a Jedi.”

Maximas
Apr 15th, 2003, 09:41:26 AM
Max smiled, having outwitted the stranger somewhat. "Who said I was a Jedi?"

Salem Ave
Apr 15th, 2003, 09:44:48 AM
Motioning with his cup at Maximas, he commented.

“You’ve been either worrrking out recently or running very fast. Your heart is going a mile a minute, which proves this. Which eitherrr means you’re a Jedi or a man on the run – and I don’t fancy it’sss the latterrr.”

Maximas
Apr 15th, 2003, 09:48:15 AM
Max thought about that for a moment, and decided he didnt want to give anything away at the moment.

"Indeed I was working out. That doesnt make me a Jedi though. I simply stopped off here for a drink to help cool down and relax."

Salem Ave
Apr 15th, 2003, 09:59:10 AM
“I sss-ee.”

Deciding it might be interesting, the Sith Knight played along.

“What do you worrrk as then? I do admit, you don’t ssstrike me as the Jedi type.”

Maximas
Apr 16th, 2003, 09:26:55 AM
Max frowned at the comment.

"What? You dont think im good enough to be a Jedi or something?"

He didnt like that comment at all. A waiter caught his eye as he walked past the two of them. Just at the right moment Max used the force to tip the cold liquid she was carrying over this strange mans front.

"Oh! Im very sorry young man, im not sure what came over me!", the waiter replied.

Max sat there with a sneaky little smile on his face. He soon got rid of that and reached into his pocket to pull out a slightly dirty looking piece of tissue.

"Want this?"

He asked cheakily and a sarcastic smile on his face.

Salem Ave
Apr 16th, 2003, 09:37:32 AM
Luckily, Salem never wore anything that looked beyond the term ‘rags’. His cloak, made from thick dark wool absorbed the liquid as if he had never been there, leaving only a slightly damp patch on his chest.

“It’sss fine.”

The Sith was surprising himself; he was keeping his composure nicely.

“… and simply because I don’t peg you as being a Jedi doesn’t mean you couldn’t be one. I simply mean you don’t appear to have the ssself contrrrol and lack of aggression to be a lightsider,” the vampire replied.

Maximas
Apr 16th, 2003, 09:48:04 AM
"I have been told I need to work on my self control and agresssion.

I am indeed training to become a Jedi. So, who are you?"

Now he was happy to reveal his true colours to the man. At least it was semi on his terms and he got to play with him in the process. The drink that poured over him, that was just comedy value.

Salem Ave
Apr 16th, 2003, 09:51:11 AM
Salem set down his cup, and folded his hands together on the table top. Without his cuffs over them, they were clearly visible – and this was intentional. His hands were no normal; they were split into three talons – two fingers, and a thumb. Not long, thin talons, but rather stubby, yet strong claws that could penetrate stone, metal and flesh alike.

“Jussst a travellerrr.”

Salem glanced around slowly, intentionally drawing his attention away from the Jedi.

“There cerrrtainly are a lot of you Jedi…”

Maximas
Apr 30th, 2003, 04:17:59 AM
Max found the mans hands, disturbing and wished he would remove them from the table.

"Just a traveller?", he questioned. "Does this, 'Just a traveller have a name?".

He choose to ignore the mans comment about the number of Jedi for the time being. There seemed to be some point to him mentioning that but Max felt happy at leaving it at that for the time being.

Salem Ave
May 3rd, 2003, 03:03:57 AM
“Sss-alem,” he replied with a very small, thin lipped smile.

Maximas
May 7th, 2003, 08:17:46 AM
-"Sss-alem?". He replied with a sarcastic tone. "Oh, you mean Salem! Something wrong with your mouth or something?".