PDA

View Full Version : In Loco Parentis (closed)

Cassidy Williams
Apr 14th, 2003, 09:38:53 AM
A lone figure walked haltingly up a flight of stairs in the Jedi’s provided living quarters. She was newly acquainted with the area but such was not the reason that she was loitering. The girl, Cassidy, was worried that she had offended someone. Under normal circumstances this would not have troubled her but she didn’t know what exactly had been done to make offence, if indeed this was the case.

It had been in the recruitment center, when she had first arrived. A Jedi Knight, Xazor Dawnstrider, had been the one to admit her into the Order. It had seemed to Cassidy that everything was going well, but the Knight, at mention of something the new padawan’s Uncle had once said, had excused herself hastily and left. Worried that perhaps it was her fault, the girl had finally worked up the courage to seek out the older woman and make amends.

It was easier thinking about it than doing it. Cassidy wasn’t entirely sure what she was going to say. What if the Knight were mad at her? She stopped, foot poised above another stair, stricken at the thought. The girl sighed and continued upward, trying not to worry herself. It would most likely go smoothly, with no hitches. It was just in her nature to let her mind steal away with her thoughts.

It was strange but she had liked Xazor right away. It wasn’t just an initial good impression, but a familiarity that made her comfortable. Cassidy had shrugged it off as a Jedi characteristic but had she put a little more thought to the matter, perhaps she would have formed a link between Xazor’s reaction and the feeling.

She was standing in front of the door now. It had been easy to discover where she stayed, all Cassidy had needed to do was ask. Taking a breath she raised her hand and knocked softly.

“Sissy…”

Scolding herself, Cassidy raised her hand again and gave a louder rap, to ensure that the Knight, her sister, had heard.

Xazor Elessar
Apr 29th, 2003, 06:55:31 PM
Xazor sat upon her bed, a small holo-photo resting in her hands. She pressed a button on the small device and soon the image expanded and seemed to gain volume. It took on a 3-D appearance and now a woman who looked much like Xazor stood before her at the foot of her bed. The woman was her mother -- and this, was only a picture. Xazor attempted to remember everything she could of the one who gave birth to her, but alas -- only a few broken memories stirred within her mind and she was at a loss. Suddenly a knock came at her door and quickly she pressed the button on the device and it quickly removed the image from the Jedi Knight's floor as she stuffed the black box beneath her pillow.

"Coming!"

She called out to the awaiting visitor and moved closer to the door, immediatly sensing who stood out in the hallway. "Cassidy?" She thought of their meeting in the Recruitment Center and could only guess that it was the reason for the girl's visit. With an inward sigh, Xazor pressed her hand on the door and it slid open with a hissing sound, revealing the young Jedi Padawan. With a gentle smile, the Garou bowed and moved to the side to make way for her visitor.

"Greetings Cassidy -- come in, please."

The girl did so and Xazor placed her hand upon the door, shutting it once again. She stood with her back to the Padawan for a moment before turning to face her.

"Please, sit down if you wish."

Xazor motioned toward a table with two chairs on each side. The young Garou moved to the kitchen and eyed Cassidy curiously for a moment before reaching for two glasses. She could sense that the girl would appreciate a drink -- and if it was not because she was thirsty, it was for the mere sake of her nerves.

"Would you like something to drink? I have just about everything -- including water."

She smiled and canted her head to the right, wondering if perhaps this was the wrong way to begin -- for even she was nervous, but with good reason.

Cassidy Williams
Apr 30th, 2003, 10:40:11 AM
Cassidy nodded gratefully, biting her lower lip as she sat down. Indeed, a glass of water would do good, even though she wasn't thirsty. It would occupy her hands and help to keep her mind focused.

"Yes, thank-you Ma'am. Just a glass a water would be good."

As Xazor bussied herself the young padawan closed her eyes and took a breath. Opening them to speak she was met with a tall cup, her requested drink. Cassidy blushed without reason and took it gently.

"Thanks."

She took a sip of the water and nearly choked, managing to cover her mouth so as to precede any liquid that might have escaped.

"''Scuse me. Ma'am, I uh..."

Cassidy tucked a legnth of long brown hair behind her ear.

"I wanted to come and apologize. You were in an awful hurry when I last saw you and I figured I must have said or done something to offend you. I'm really sorry..."

Xazor Elessar
Apr 30th, 2003, 11:31:54 AM
Xazor lofted a brow in concern when Cassidy coughed. Soon she spoke and the Knight was at slight ease once again.

"I wanted to come and apologize. You were in an awful hurry when I last saw you and I figured I must have said or done something to offend you. I'm really sorry..."

Xazor looked down at her glass of Namana juice and sighed inwardly. "She's not one to beat around the bush. She's just like I used to be." The woman noted to herself and slowly gazed up at Cassidy, a smile appearing upon her lips. The Jedi Knight's elongated canines peeked down from beneath her upper lip and showed above her lower. For a moment, a familiar feeling overswept the room and Xazor knew her initial thoughts were correct.

"You did nothing wrong and you didn't offend me, young one."

She paused a moment and glanced toward her bed, knowing in her heart something she should do. With an inward sigh, Xazor rose to her feet and walked toward the place of rest, retrieving the black device from beneath her pillow. Grasping it tightly in her hand, she moved toward Cassidy and knelt down beside her.

"I -- I think this may help you understand why I was in such a hurry earlier."

The Knight pressed a button and upon the black platform an image of a woman appeared -- a woman who held striking similarities to both Xazor and Cassidy. Smiling, she took the Padawan's hand and placed the object upon her palm. With the press of a little red button, the image expanded as it had done many times before, creating a three dimensional image of the woman -- of their mother.

"Her name is Zandaria Manaachia --"

Silence fell upon the room as the glow of the image was cast upon Xazor's face and also on Cassidy's. This was the moment of truth -- and if the girl didn't put the pieces together, Xazor would for her.

Cassidy Williams
Apr 30th, 2003, 11:45:24 AM
The holograph surprised her as if popped up, and for a moment Cassidy didn't understand why Xazor had shown her this. The woman revealed was stunningly beautiful and with an intense fascination the young girl stared, a small smile on her lips. And then,

"Her name is Zandaria Manaachia --"

Cassidy's smile faded and she looked on with puzzled eyes. Slowly, it dawned on her and her expression grew from one of complete confusion to that of fearful understanding. Swallowing with great difficulty Cassidy looked at Xazor. Her voice was a mere whisper as she struggled to get the words past her tight throat.

"It's your mother..."

As she looked back at the image there was no mistaking the resemblence born by all three woman.

"And... mine."

The young girls voice caught in her throat and she deactivated the device, pushing it back to Xazor. Standing up Cassidy lokoed away and tried to slow her mind and breathing. A wave of understanding swept over her and it was all so immediate and sudden that she wanted to curl up in a ball and stop thinking.

Instead she blinked, trying to clear her blurred vision and turned around to face Xazor. Her sibling.

"I'm sorry I dis-disturbed you Ma'am. I don't think I should b-be here right now."

She was exausted and wanted to sit down but instead Cassidy headed for the door, stomach churning.

"I'm sorry if I up--... upset you."

Xazor Elessar
Apr 30th, 2003, 12:13:07 PM
Xazor took the device in her hands and sighed as she noted the confused and rather disturbed look upon Cassidy's face. Frowning and sighing inwardly, the Jedi Knight set the holo-graph on the table and rose to her feet as the Padawan moved toward the door.

"No! You didn't disrupt me -- and -- and you didn't upset me!"

The Knight wished to reach out and touch the one she knew was her sister. It was a hollow within her that she had tried to fill for so long and finally -- she had discovered the one who could make her feel complete. The love of a sister was something she had never experienced. Moving forward a few paces, she looked helplessly at Cassidy.

"P -- please don't leave. There is so much I want to know about you! Cassidy -- please?"

Her voice became slightly choked as a hard lump formed at the back of her throat. The Garou looked after her as she placed a hand on the door. Reaching out with one hand, Xazor made one last attempt.

" -- I need you --"

Cassidy Williams
Apr 30th, 2003, 01:36:27 PM
She found that she couldn't look at Xazor. She feared that if she did, if she saw the woman clearly now with the knowledge revealed that she would be unable to hold back the flood of emotion that was carefully dammed.

All her life she had been alone. There had been her father and uncle of course but they'd never really beem there, been a part of her. Cassidy had often wondered if she was really meant to feel so lost. And now, with the answer standing in front of her, the girl was stuck. Confused and worried and angry and... scared. Oh, she was so scared.

Cassidy, more than anything, wanted this. And now the oportunity was being handed to her. She looked at Xazor's hand. It looked like her own, only larger.

We must have our mother's hands. My... sister and I.

And suddenly she knew, just as certainly as she knew the alphabet, that she too eneded Xazor. She needed her sister. Needed a family.

Cassidy placed her hand in Xazor's and looked up, the tears finally falling down her young face freely.

"Hello."