PDA

View Full Version : Inflitration

Marcus Telcontar
Apr 13th, 2003, 11:04:35 PM
Wooo, bad word!

Dont get scared tho, this isnt OOC. The Krath wish to for a while plant a IC spy into GJO. I've gone over what they want, which in the end isnt really much. Floor plans, confusion, spread of division. You know, Sith and dark Jedi stuff. It's been fairly well thought out and I'm wishing to approve it.

anyone hassled with the idea?

TheHolo.Net
Apr 13th, 2003, 11:50:33 PM
Nope, sounds cool to me.

Figrin D'an
Apr 13th, 2003, 11:53:14 PM
*Readies Force Admin Smackdown*

Oh, wait... false alarm... :p

Sounds fine to me. I'd be interested in learning more about how this would develop. I'm quite curious now. :)

Morgan Evanar
Apr 14th, 2003, 12:10:55 PM
Now... GO! Its the Darksider's dream!

Navaria Tarkin
Apr 15th, 2003, 01:32:45 PM
yeah, I'm with Fig-man. Can ya tell us more?

AmazonBabe
Apr 15th, 2003, 05:47:23 PM
:: Points above. ::

Ditto.

Marcus Telcontar
Apr 15th, 2003, 06:20:15 PM
what can I tell you....

what it'll look like is a genuine IC go at being a Jedi. the infiltrator has been picked to be a realistic as possible and to have a really good reason. He'll join, train for a while, but also be out to get info as he can, plus try to turn some weaker Padawans. The plan is fluid right now, so it could change over time. I dont think it'll go for too long until he decides to bomb the LQ and get the hell out of here.

(If yu dont know about the Krath, DT recently joined and so far I've been fairly impressed. These kids have their heads screwed on. I'm confident this will be run well)

TheHolo.Net
Apr 15th, 2003, 06:46:44 PM
I think its a good idea, but I also think that it might be best that the staff all knows who it is that will be doing this. That way if someone does catch on to this person and starts calling it OOC infiltration, then such cries can be easily quelled without the need to check with a single staff member (Marcus) first. One never knows when their Internet connection might die in some fashion and it would put the rest of the staff in a very bad place if the cries of "infiltration" came and you weren't here to cool it down.

Marcus Telcontar
Apr 15th, 2003, 06:57:03 PM
Oh, okay. It's Inu-(something that I cant rememebr right now)

TheHolo.Net
Apr 15th, 2003, 07:02:46 PM
:eek

Will he be using the Inu-Aku name? If so, I see this plan as doomed to failure since so many know Inu-Aku as a Darksider and as an alt name of Zeke's. It would take months to build up enough trust realistically to learn Jedi serets, having been turned from the Dark.

Marcus Telcontar
Apr 15th, 2003, 07:11:05 PM
Originally posted by SWFans.Net

Will he be using the Inu-Aku name? If so, I see this plan as doomed to failure since so many know Inu-Aku as a Darksider and as an alt name of Zeke's. It would take months to build up enough trust realistically to learn Jedi serets, having been turned from the Dark.

I believe he's planned for that. I'll have to drop over to Meras and just re-read his ideas to be sure, but I think he realised that.

TheHolo.Net
Apr 15th, 2003, 07:13:00 PM
Originally posted by Marcus Elessar
I believe he's planned for that. I'll have to drop over to Meras and just re-read his ideas to be sure, but I think he realised that. If its a case of having another member from the Krath who also has a character here "helping" him along as a master or whatever then it starts to smell bad (using OOC info for IC purposes) and not be such a good plotline IMO.

Marcus Telcontar
Apr 15th, 2003, 07:28:47 PM
If its a case of having another member from the Krath who also has a character here "helping" him along as a master or whatever then it starts to smell bad (using OOC info for IC purposes) and not be such a good plotline IMO.

No, his idea was a bit different to that. His way in was to use pity for his family. I think, "I want to protect my kids!' sort of thing.

You do have a point about other GJO memeber with Krath id helping. That means myself, Xazor, Dasquian and Zeke must remain uninvolved.

Navaria Tarkin
Apr 15th, 2003, 07:30:26 PM
You would have thought they would be using an alias name and having someone that they duped or paid off to infiltrate the Jedi.... not to mention putting in some mental blocks to offset any mindreading.

just my opinion ... since well, I already did this with Sorsha... tho it wasn't to gain information :p

TheHolo.Net
Apr 15th, 2003, 07:31:46 PM
You do have a point about other GJO memeber with Krath id helping. That means myself, Xazor, Dasquian and Zeke must remain uninvolved.Yep, that would be best.

But.......aren't there protocols or proceedures for allowing newly turned Darksiders into the GJO? I mean they aren't just accepted and then given the grand tour are they? I wouldn't think the Jedi Masters would be that unwise.

Navaria Tarkin
Apr 15th, 2003, 07:33:16 PM
What are you talking about, we always show them the super secret council room that no one knows about :mischief

Navaria Tarkin
Apr 15th, 2003, 07:35:05 PM
and this brings to me another thought, wouldn't this take a lot of RP time to even get that information they want? This shouldn't be presto! i have it all after a week ... that is lame

course, I think ogre is hinting at that too

TheHolo.Net
Apr 15th, 2003, 07:39:48 PM
The intent of the idea is a good one and may breathe some life into some things around here that haven't had much life in a while, but....hearing some of the details is giving me some doubts as to its validity/realism.

Is Inu on the level of a Sith Master? If not his true allegiance to the force would probably be quite simple for a Jedi Master to acertain just by walking past him. Force signatures don't lie to Jedi Masters unless masked by the greatest of Sith Masters.

Marcus Telcontar
Apr 15th, 2003, 08:09:13 PM
The intent of the idea is a good one and may breathe some life into some things around here that haven't had much life in a while, but....hearing some of the details is giving me some doubts as to its validity/realism.

Is Inu on the level of a Sith Master? If not his true allegiance to the force would probably be quite simple for a Jedi Master to acertain just by walking past him. Force signatures don't lie to Jedi Masters unless masked by the greatest of Sith Masters.

Then, if he hasn't thought of that, GJO catches him fair and square, Inu suffers the consequences, which could be and include an ass pounding by Lochabre. Which, he realises and accepts.

It's up to him to make this convincing. If he doesn't, we fetch Lochabre and turn Inu into something resembling Goat Sex Man.

TheHolo.Net
Apr 15th, 2003, 08:12:25 PM
Works for me, which means that he is prime catch material for any Jedi Master IMO, even the ones allowed into this forum who know about this plan. I would probably even say so about veteran Jedi Knights too, since I am almost positive that Inu is no Sith Master, and certainly not one of the best around even if he is. :)

Marcus Telcontar
Apr 15th, 2003, 08:23:21 PM
Works for me, which means that he is prime catch material for any Jedi Master IMO, even the ones allowed into this forum who know about this plan. I would probably even say so about veteran Jedi Knights too, since I am almost positive that Inu is no Sith Master, and certainly not one of the best around even if he is. :)

Yus., he's a Sith Knight.

This could prove to be quite entertaining.

Darth Turbogeek: BTW, Marcus, Das, Xazor and Zeke can not help Inu in any way in GJO. AND, if Inu gets caught, he has to suffer the consequences. Fair?
TheGr8Jazinga: Yeah, fair deal
TheGr8Jazinga: BUT--Sorr and the cubs are to be left alone. Inu will be operating without their knowledge.
Darth Turbogeek: Right.
TheGr8Jazinga: Thanks.
Darth Turbogeek: Just making it clear, if your caught fair and square, Inu gets ass pounded by Lochabre
TheGr8Jazinga: Yep. Sounds about right.

This... I think could be highly entertaining whichever way it goes.

AmazonBabe
Apr 15th, 2003, 08:42:11 PM
You do have a point about other GJO memeber with Krath id helping. That means myself, Xazor, Dasquian and Zeke must remain uninvolved.

And soon to be me, as I have a character in the works for joining the Krath.

Maybe I should wait to join with the Krath after this is done?

Navaria Tarkin
Apr 15th, 2003, 08:52:11 PM
probably a good idea :)

TheHolo.Net
Apr 15th, 2003, 08:55:19 PM
I am of the opinion that for this to work, it would take a great deal more than walking into the recruitment cneter with his family, seeking asylum or whatever. for it to be done right I think it would require that he interact on good terms with GJO members in other places first.

I just don't see a known Sith with family walking into the RC and being welcomed with open arms without consultation of a Jedi Master, in which case he's busted right away.

He would need to build the absolute trust of a current Jedi that knows nothing about this plan (OOC) first so that they would be able to vouch for his membership thus helping to keep a Jedi Master from being involved in his recruitment.

Morgan Evanar
Apr 15th, 2003, 10:32:24 PM
That amkes a lot of sense.

Marcus Telcontar
Apr 15th, 2003, 10:45:32 PM
Well, he knows Inu is fair game from the time he walks into recruitment. Up to him how well and how convinicing he does it.

I'd advise him of what you said... but.... I feel he should work that out for himself. I'm not 100% sure what he's going to do but I'm interested to see what he will try. If he makes a mistake, I'd expect he gets nailed.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but is this the first IC attempt to infiltrate in 3.5 yeaars?

Lady Vader
Apr 15th, 2003, 10:47:20 PM
Just about. Makes ya feel old, don't it? :)

TheHolo.Net
Apr 15th, 2003, 10:49:11 PM
Didn't LMJ try once about 2.75 years ago?

Something as complicated as IC infiltration should definitely be a long drawn out process with many careful plans and contingencies.

Walking right into the RC with family in tow is definitely not a long drawn out process with careful plans behind it. :p

EDIT: Wait, wait, wait, Dalethria managed to infiltrate the GJO in the guise of Navaria, thanks to a little mind swithcing action by Sorsha about 2 years ago, and it was a very long and very well planned out thing that ended with a several hundred post long combat thread between most of TSE and most of GJO. "Into the Fire" was the name of the combat thread, after dozens of other support threads, on many different boards.

I just remembered that sometime during the entire ordeal, Ogre ended up with switched mind syndrome with Sorsha. -_- As I said, it was long, very complicated, spread out all over the place, and not without negative results for those taking part in the infiltration.

Navaria Tarkin
Apr 16th, 2003, 09:51:36 AM
Yep ... I mentioned that briefly before Ogies ... but you got the details right :lol

I even played it off IC that Navaria wasn't worthy of being trained at the Temple yet until she had forsaken the past Dalethria had created ;) It was great too since I was a member of TSE and GJO ... I couldn't be let into Avalon then because of the rules of the two or more group thing. So no one questioned me about it hehehehehehehe

Gurney Devries
Apr 16th, 2003, 07:43:29 PM
I'd like to interact with this, at least a little bit, but I'm not sure which way it'd go. I hate when people use OOC knowledge IC with stuff like "I don't trust him because blah blah blah". But Gurney doesn't even trust half of the real Jedi.

If anyone is wondering why I'm posting here, don't ask me: I keep forgetting why this account has access here, although it's been explained before.

Navaria Tarkin
Apr 17th, 2003, 01:29:37 PM
Okay ... Inu started the thread? o_O

don't most people in the Order know he is a Dark Jedi @_@ I dunno, they way he is doing this .. i be thinking it's going to end before it moves past the recriutment center

Morgan Evanar
Apr 17th, 2003, 01:57:37 PM
Most people know OOC. But I doubt people will remember that they only know him as a Darksider OOC. =[

TheHolo.Net
Apr 17th, 2003, 02:38:45 PM
Here is a recent thread where he was up against a couple Jedi.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&threadid=28310>Link</a>

I find it somewhat fishy that its his RL brother greeting him in the Recruitment Center.. o_O

TheHolo.Net
Apr 17th, 2003, 04:52:16 PM

Inu is already in the LQ? WTF.

Thats way too easy. This doesn't seem well planned. This seems like a rushed ambush, not giving anyone any chance to react and actually RP it out.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&threadid=28824>Inu in LQ</a>?

Gurney Devries
Apr 17th, 2003, 05:55:56 PM
bleh. The way I see it, the faster he forces himself in, the less trust and information he's going to get.

Edit ~ Wei is asking that Inu be granted access to Avalon already. Double bleh. Poorly planned out, if you ask me.

Figrin D'an
Apr 17th, 2003, 06:27:13 PM
I agree.... this is pushing it...

If this was being executed better, I wouldn't have a problem...

TheHolo.Net
Apr 17th, 2003, 06:32:26 PM
Originally posted by Marcus Elessar
I dont think it'll go for too long until he decides to bomb the LQ and get the hell out of here. Hmmm, I think we should have an NPC type account post in his LQ thread (something like my Narrator account or one of that nature) stating that an alarm (perhaps a silent alarm to the council members) has gone off detecting explosives among his possesions within the LQ. That should wrap this up with his getting some Jedi Master attention.

TheHolo.Net
Apr 17th, 2003, 06:55:29 PM
I wrote up a couple NPC type posts.

One for Inu's LQ thread:
Unbeknownst to the occupants not long after they had entered the room, force fields had been erected on all of its sides, above, below, and completely surrounding. Something among the hopeful Padawan’s possessions had triggered an automated mechanism. It was an automated mechanism that’s reason would soon be answered. NO audible or visible indicators made it obvious to those inside what had happened. For the moment they would remain unaware.
------------------------------------
OOC: Inu-Aku and Sorreessa may post only once each following this message and at that point need to wait for others before continuing any further.
And next a thread for Temple Avalon:

Thread title in Avalon: Alert! Alert! Alert! [Council and senior GJO members]
A message wined and bleeped over a select few communications devices, those in he rooms or possession of the Council and senior members of the Greater Jedi Order. The alert was highly encrypted and for their eyes only.

This was a result of security measures put in place by the senior members of the GJO some time ago, and is a very rare thing to have occur. The message read:

<normalfont color=red>Security Threat Level 3<normalfont color=#33CCFF>

Security threat location: Jedi Living Quarters, at grid <a href=showthread.php?s=&threadid=28824>One-Delta-Four Eight</a>.

Security threat identity: Possible explosive devices or possible explosive device components in new recruit quarters without proper clearance.

Current status: Force fields erected surrounding the grid to contain security risk.

Recommendation: Investigate immediately.</font></font>

EDIT: I went ahead and posted in the LQ already and will post the rest in Avalon once people have replied here.

TheHolo.Net
Apr 17th, 2003, 08:55:55 PM
BTW: If others think this idea isn't workable, the post in the LQ can be removed (I would do it in a way to not make it look like the Narrator was an admin).

Gurney Devries
Apr 17th, 2003, 09:30:51 PM
It seems fine to me. I'm just choosing not to get involved.

Navaria Tarkin
Apr 17th, 2003, 11:07:02 PM
This ...is utter crap. No offense intended but this is completely rushed as said. What makes it more fishy besides Wei handling his recruitment... is the fact that Inu went ahead with this without the Mods agreeing to this? So .. far as I was thinking, shouldn't that thread be invalid anyway?

My personal thought since there was no real okay (at least in my eyes)

But, if it is to continue, do anything to get Inu out ... can't believe he got accepted in ONE DAY unlike some recruits >_<

Figrin D'an
Apr 17th, 2003, 11:29:27 PM
Close the thread in the Living Quarters... leave the Recruitment one open for potential re-tooling. This needs to be done more realistically from the initial post. If an enemy of GJO showed up on it's doorstep looking for asylum, the Council would be brought in to review and decide what actions are taken.

TheHolo.Net
Apr 17th, 2003, 11:30:43 PM
After some IM discussion between Nav and myself and Nav and Fig, we three think it best to ask that Inu put more effort into his actual acceptance into GJO. The LQ thread will be closed and moved here, Inu will be PM'd and told why and that more effort/time needs to be put into his acceptance thread before marching into the LQ. Its juch more fair and level minded to let him continue trying, but in a more realistic way, then having one newly made Knight welcome a known Darksider (he has fought GJO members and is thus known as a DS) and have him march straight into the LQ.

EDIT: Fuck. Beaten.

But Fig confirmed what I just said.

Also, let me just mention why I went ahead and made "The Narrator" post in the LQ thread. It was moving way too fast and needed to be slowed down before it went too far. So thats what I in essence did. I halted its progress so that we could come up with a plan of action.

Navaria Tarkin
Apr 17th, 2003, 11:59:07 PM
what I sent Inu

Due to the unrealistic manner that you were trying to IC infiltrate the GJO, the staff has decided to close the thread in the LQ and move it.

The reasons behind this decision are many. One, and as you know, most recruitments who are welcomed are not accepted in less then a day.

Two, the fact that Wei did not bring this to the attention of the Council and decided Inu's fate to becoming a Jedi is bad protocal IC and OOC. Any darksider wishing to amends their ways must be done properly. Chaos' return for example. It took some time and RPing but eventually he was admitted in.... Something, again as I said, took you less then a day. Also, the fact that it was Wei and only Wei did raise some eyebrows. We do not know if he was aware of the plotline you were planning, but you must admit, knowing that you two are brothers raises eyebrows.

Three, gaining access to avalon when you are a known darksider is horrible protocol and makes no sense, not to mention being added to the list of Padawans. Most everyone IC wise, even through no interaction, knows Inu's allegience and wouldn't welcome into their sacred halls with open arms.

Then the major reason being the closing decision is this wasn't even okayed by the staff at the Order and yet you started the thread. We let the thread in the recruitment center go while we discussed but once it went further then that. No. That was not fair to the staff.

Now, just because of everything said above... it doesn't mean that you still cant do this plotline. You have to be more realistic and this has to be more well planned. Trying to rush it when you are trying to accomplish something major is not fair to those that wanted to do something like this in the past, nor the people that RP at the GJO.

We have left your thread in the recruitment center to be reworked if you can do what we suggested above. If you can, we have no problems with what you propose. But realize this, you have to be convincing to the Jedi as a whole AND the council. Realize what this means before you start this again :)

Any questions, please feel free to PM or anyone else of the staff if something isnt clear or if you would like help.

Thank you and good luck :)

Navaria

Navaria Tarkin
Apr 18th, 2003, 10:50:04 AM
Inu's reply

Marcus said that by Thursday I could begin. He said by then the staff should be ready. So on Thursday I set it up. Simple as that. The reason Wei accepted me is because he's my brother, and recently knighted. He saw I was joining up, said "hey, cool" and showed up to recruit me. We weren't collaborating in any way to get Inu in easily. Hell, no one said anything about dragging out the whole GJO for this. No one mentioned any special protocol or anything to either of us. Since we didn't know any better, we went ahead like it was just another recruitment thread. Sorry to have troubled you.

My response

Then marcus should have informed the staff what he told you. That was his mistake and we'll talk to him about that :-) Besides, since he said we should have been ready by thursday you could have asked if this was the case.

As for the whole order coming out for this, what did you expect when a darksider comes looking for sanctuary at the temple? The council -has- to get involved. that is only common sense and if you would have waited for the council to be 'ready' then you would have known about our concerns as well.

We saw a lack of patience and also, we wanted this to be done right.

Marcus -_- I love you to death but dude, when did we say it was all right for him to post? We were still discussing it

Navaria Tarkin
Apr 18th, 2003, 10:52:38 AM
Just to let you guys know, I won't be around until maybe saturday night... and even then that isn't a guarantee. Look after this for me por favor ^_^

Navaria Tarkin
Apr 18th, 2003, 07:10:45 PM
Well, whenever you're ready, let me know. Also, feel free to find me on AIM--I'm TheGr8Jazinga--and let me know what's up, what I ought to do, talk me through this whole Darkside/Lightside conversion bit so we won't have to deal with this again.. I'll be on after 3PM Eastern Standard. Right now I'm in a school computer lab and can't log on.

I was on and thought I post this before I am off :)

TheHolo.Net
Apr 18th, 2003, 08:54:35 PM
I made a post in the RC thread as "GJO Security" to help Inu and Wei proceed with the current RP as written. We shall see what happens next, hopefully Wei will post in Avalon (IC) and bring this situation to the attention of the Council, if not "GJO Security" can.

AmazonBabe
Apr 19th, 2003, 04:53:30 PM
Edit ~ Wei is asking that Inu be granted access to Avalon already. Double bleh. Poorly planned out, if you ask me.

O_o Say wha?

I know this is all for RP purposes... but I didn't know it'd go as far as to grant him access into Avalon. I don't think I like that idea at all...

Anyways, as much as I thought this idea might be fun and interesting, I'm starting to think it's going to be more of a hassle and rush.

Navaria Tarkin
Apr 19th, 2003, 05:03:49 PM
Yep, AB you got it. Fig, me and Swfans all agreed that night that being accepted, in LQ and oh getting access to avalon in one day was rather pushing it :lol

AmazonBabe
Apr 19th, 2003, 05:19:41 PM
Indeed. But even so, I still didn't know Avalon access was even being considered. Or was it?

Navaria Tarkin
Apr 19th, 2003, 05:22:09 PM
Nope. Not that I know but granted, Inu is Zeke's character

AmazonBabe
Apr 19th, 2003, 05:27:01 PM
True. But still... I do feel it's something that should be discussed rather than someone pulling out of their back pocket and asking for access all of a sudden.

Navaria Tarkin
Apr 19th, 2003, 05:34:13 PM
I know. just being all general like. I agree with -you-

Marcus Telcontar
Apr 19th, 2003, 11:46:53 PM
* Blink *

:: sigh ::

Ask me again when I'm in the mood to deal with Rp issues. Not that it's a turn back, more I have other things on my mind.

It's been a very strange weekend

Navaria Tarkin
Apr 20th, 2003, 10:13:52 AM
No worries ... mate :)

AmazonBabe
Apr 22nd, 2003, 04:30:37 PM
So, um, the thread seems to have died? Or is it just going slowly?

Anyone heard anything from those posting in the thread?

TheHolo.Net
Apr 22nd, 2003, 05:48:50 PM
GJO security asked (in the Recuitment thread) Wei to post in Avalon about it, but it seems he didn't see, didn't understand, or didn't bother.

This is the Krath's idea, I don't want to hijack it away from them, so I am trying to let it go its course as naturally as possible, with just small nudges here and there.

Marcus Telcontar
Apr 22nd, 2003, 05:55:29 PM
Posted at the Krath by me

quote:
Originally posted by Neepik
I don't see why they didn't just let you in, Inu. Tired, worn out dad wants to make life better for his kids and appears to turn over a new leaf. GJO has accepted former Darksiders before without all the council getting into it.

There is a great deal of difference between what Inu is doing and whow almost all other Dark siders cutting to GJO have done - dark siders cutting over are almost always recruited and vouched for. and the Sith Masters normally are bagged by a Council member of extremely senior GJO member.

remember this is also an IC infiltration, things have to be different. OOC Infiltration is a bannable offense, so until now there was no point in hassling or trying to get things right - the person joining was goign to stay. We have not had an allowed IC infiltration for a very, very long time.

You have to do it right and by the book and also believeably. IC, Inu is a known darksider and that would be viewed extremely suspiciously, especially as he was nto recruited. If GJO mods have a requirement or want things done in a certain way, then my advice is do it.

(/Marcus mode on)

Else we smite the shit out of you, cause Morg and I are vindictive assholes and dictactors :p

(/Marcus mode off)

I'm trying to be as hands off as I can. In this one, I should not be involved, given other group DT is in.