PDA

View Full Version : "How Sam has fun on a Sunday morning" (or "Close Encounters of the Holly Kind")

Hunk
Apr 13th, 2003, 08:58:59 PM
3 AM, I hop in the car and start the 1.5 hour car ride down to O'Hare Airport. The Mission--to catch a glimpse of the ellusive Holly, armed only with a flight number and a homemade cardboard sign.

So I get there on time, surprising even myself, but then I ran into a snag. It's been about 6 years since I've been in an airport, and I didn't realize how things had changed. Apparently, if you don't have a ticket, you can take approximately 2 steps through the front doors before you get to the security gate, where you're informed you've gone as far as you can. Never one to give up, I just stopped the nearest official looking person and inquired as to where arriving people might come through. He pointed out at least 6 possible places.

Great.

So, I decided on the lower concourse, by the baggage claim, where the traffic seemed a little heavier and I had a clear view of the only entrance.

After about a half hour, I accepted I was wrong. Making my way upstairs, I rounded the corner and found...her! In the interest of space, I'll summerize my findings in the following diagram:

http://edheldil.homestead.com/files/Hollydiagram.jpg

Unfortunatelly, she was just there on a layover, and had to take off again, but it was fun while it lasted. So now I can say I've met Holly and am therefore better than all of you. Ha ha!

Prologue:

On my way home, I missed my exit and, when I got off to turn around, I found myself in Mexico. At least that's where I think I was. Everything was in Spanish. ANyway, I ducked into a convinience store to grab something to eat and found bimbos! Racks and racks of bimbos!

Bimbo (http://edheldil.homestead.com/files/Holly_005.jpg)

This stuff is really good. I'm not sure what kind of chemicals and preservatives they put in it, but it was the best pound cake I've ever had.

Dae Jinn
Apr 13th, 2003, 09:01:36 PM
:lol

Er, interesting Sunday Hunk :D Glad you had fun.

Zeke
Apr 13th, 2003, 09:02:21 PM
ROCK ON! :lol I wish I could meet people like that. I met Kindo once...not quite the same as meeting Holly, I'd expect.

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
Apr 13th, 2003, 09:03:46 PM
:lol the pic is funny Shells, never met anyone from the boards yet.....

Gurney Devries
Apr 13th, 2003, 09:10:29 PM
So now I can say I've met Holly and am therefore better than all of you. Ha ha!Not me. I slept with her. :smokin

Well, in the same room, anyway.

Admiral Lebron
Apr 13th, 2003, 09:24:02 PM
People dont tell me where they are going to be... scared of me I think.

imported_Ezra
Apr 13th, 2003, 09:26:52 PM
thats pretty cool Hunk. Like the discriptive notes on the pic :lol

would like to meet people who Im currently rp'ing with, that'd be cool. Or anyone else who'd want to say "hey". Anyone near where I'll be going this year? Anaheim....Pittsburgh....Atlanta...Vegas?

Zeke
Apr 13th, 2003, 09:27:21 PM
I'm near Atlanta! :D

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
Apr 13th, 2003, 09:28:35 PM
kinda near Anaheim but I suck with directions so no go....

imported_Ezra
Apr 13th, 2003, 09:28:46 PM
cool lol I'll be there for Dragon Con this year.

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
Apr 13th, 2003, 09:30:38 PM
Dragon Con? *growls that she can't travel*

Figrin D'an
Apr 13th, 2003, 09:31:22 PM
Originally posted by Hunk
Prologue:

On my way home, I missed my exit and, when I got off to turn around, I found myself in Mexico. At least that's where I think I was. Everything was in Spanish. ANyway, I ducked into a convinience store to grab something to eat and found bimbos! Racks and racks of bimbos!

What exit did you take? Getting to and from O'Hare isn't that hard. :p

imported_Ezra
Apr 13th, 2003, 09:33:15 PM
And Sorr, I'll be in Anahiem for the Anime Expo in July...week of the 4th actually

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
Apr 13th, 2003, 09:34:20 PM
ah, but I can't get there as I said before.... :rolleyes

Hunk
Apr 13th, 2003, 09:35:34 PM
I missed the I-294 exit. It snuck up on me

Zeke
Apr 13th, 2003, 09:40:16 PM
I hate that! I've missed exits going home like that a hundred times! >_<

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
Apr 13th, 2003, 09:41:58 PM
:lol done that a few times while changing the station on the radio...I look up and opps I missed the stupid thing.....

Hunk
Apr 13th, 2003, 09:46:21 PM
It's worse in Illinois, here they feel the need to toll you when exitting *and* enterring the freeway, plus various points along the way.

Man, I'm a simple country boy from Wisconsin, I'm not used to tollways

Figrin D'an
Apr 13th, 2003, 09:50:30 PM
Originally posted by Hunk
I missed the I-294 exit. It snuck up on me

ahh, okay... I know where you ended up then. Admittedly, the I-90/I-190/I-294 interchange just east of O'Hare is a bit... well... dumb. :)

Edit: The tolls are just on the Tri-State, though. I know, it's annoying. :\

Charley
Apr 13th, 2003, 10:02:21 PM
Originally posted by Gurney Devries
Not me. I slept with her. :smokin

Well, in the same room, anyway.

I call same bed privilege :smokin

...it was cold, and I had no covers! So I made her scoot over :mneh

Hunk
Apr 13th, 2003, 11:18:02 PM
Don't listen to him, he's just spreading misinformation again!

imported_Ezra
Apr 13th, 2003, 11:31:14 PM
:lol

Lady Vader
Apr 14th, 2003, 12:13:04 AM
So now I can say I've met Holly and am therefore better than all of you. Ha ha!

And I can say I've seen her more times than ANY of you AND she's my twin from behind, so that makes me even more betterer and specialerer than YOU!

:p:p:p

Figrin D'an
Apr 14th, 2003, 12:38:27 AM
Isn't she a bit taller than you, though... o_O

Unless, of course, you mean your twin from behind in... umm... other respects...

:mischief

Lady Vader
Apr 14th, 2003, 12:44:50 AM
Yes, she is taller than me. :p

The whole "twin from behind" stems from a time when Live Wire, Tatiana, Hollie, and I went to D-land, and Hollie and I were walking in front of LW and T. Thing was that we had the same sort of hair-do, same colored jeans, same style shirts, and same sort of walk, and from behind we looked like twins (aside from height issues) according to LW and T.

Hence forth, it has become the norm to say she is my "twin from behind". :)

Kelt Simoson
Apr 14th, 2003, 02:23:48 AM
:lol Pretty good man, pretty good :)

Aaron Belargic
Apr 15th, 2003, 04:07:10 AM
I'm still laughing at the racks of bimbos :lol

Cassidy Williams
Apr 15th, 2003, 09:35:56 AM
'Twins from behind' reminds me of identicle hand twins :lol

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 15th, 2003, 01:08:22 PM
Hey Sam, where's the picture of the two of us??

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 15th, 2003, 01:09:12 PM
Originally posted by Cassidy Williams
'Twins from behind' reminds me of identicle hand twins :lol

That was pretty funny :lol