PDA

View Full Version : DVD Mastering process begun on Indiana Jones

Darth Viscera
Apr 11th, 2003, 01:48:46 AM
http://www.theforce.net/holonet/index.shtml#20518

SPY REPORT: Indy DVD - Special Edition
Wed, Apr 09, 03 09:42:18 AM EDT

Many Indiana Jones fans have been elated to hear that the Indy franchise will soon be arriving on DVD. And while not much has been known about the project so far, we've got some sources on the inside that are starting to spill some details.

Industrial Light and Magic are working on the Indy DVD Trilogy right now. Hard to believe, isn't it? Hopefully, it will be worth the wait. Here's what I do know - apparently ILM is having to conduct a major restoration of the original print. There's quite a bit of digital film cleanup they're conducting as well.

No, there's not new scenes added (and the guy with the sword doesn't shoot first, thank goodness), but they are removing certain errors and weak elements from the picture. Expect wiring, equipment and reflections to be removed digitally - anything that distracted or looked weak in the final release may be evaluated again. Basically they've come up with a list of what gets fixed. When you see the DVD, hopefully the only thing you'll see is a beautiful movie with great sound, not lots of little annoyances that Steve and George want out.

Sejah Haversh
Apr 11th, 2003, 01:58:26 AM
Indy on DVD! YEEEEEE-HAAAAWWW!

I want Temple of Doom!

And, I hope they don't remove the reflection of the cobra in Raiders, that has to stay, it's just an eternal piece of that movie.

Oriadin
Apr 11th, 2003, 04:32:09 AM
About bloody time too!

sirdizzy
Apr 11th, 2003, 08:44:17 AM
its about damn time

JMK
Apr 11th, 2003, 09:19:40 AM
Best news I've heard all week. It looks like they're going to take a page out of Lucasfilm's book and use the sale of DVD's to finance Indy 4. :D

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 11th, 2003, 12:35:14 PM
YAY! :D

I can't wait. :)

Jinn Fizz
Apr 11th, 2003, 02:28:51 PM
FINALLY!!!!! :crack