PDA

View Full Version : Bowling for Columbine

Gurney Devries
Apr 11th, 2003, 12:19:25 AM
Wow. Just... wow.

I have never before had any reservation about saying a film is unequivocally trash. Instead of simply settling for being a bad movie, it decided to go for the gold and classify it as the worst (or best, depending on how you look at it) attempt at slander, mistruths and flat out lying ever put to film. The fact that this film is getting so much praise only makes me weep for the ignorance of people that would be swayed by Michael Moore's pathetic attempts at humor and misdirection.

The only time I even laughed was during the Chris Rock excerpt at the beginning. See, Chris Rock is actually funny.

Sanis Prent
Apr 11th, 2003, 12:21:27 AM
I'm actually hoping that Moore teams up with al Sahaf for his next project. That would make millions!

Sanis Prent
Apr 11th, 2003, 12:29:03 AM
oh, and HAHAHAHA I TOLD YOU SO!!!!!!

Gurney Devries
Apr 11th, 2003, 03:24:05 AM
Even the tiniest little things, he'd twist to his own perspective. He said, for example, that people were paranoid about razor blades being hidden in apples on Halloween, but that no one had ever actually been killed by such a practice and went on to imply that it was just paranoid delusions that lead us to believe it's true.

Which, technically, is true: No one has ever been killed by razorblades hidden in apples. That's because no one is actually dumb enough to swallow one after you bite into it. But people have been hospitalized because of this. Source: http://www.snopes.com/horrors/mayhem/needles.htm

Hi, Mr. Moore. You've just been Snope'd. It don't get much more embarassing than that.

I know it may seem like a stupid thing to comment on but I found that it's exactly this kind of misdirection that characterized his entire mockumentary.

Sanis Prent
Apr 11th, 2003, 10:20:55 AM
Try to find the sources of his international homicide figures, too. You'll find Jimmy Hoffa before that :) I think he just took the real numbers and divided by four, but maybe thats just a coincidence.

I wish K-Mart would sue him :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 11th, 2003, 12:36:44 PM
http://sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28550

Ooh look two threads! ;)

I don't ever want to see this mockumentary.

Gurney Devries
Apr 11th, 2003, 02:17:21 PM
That was a thread with a link about the lies he perpetuated in the movie, not the movie itself. Which was what prompted me to see it. KTHXBYE.

Sanis Prent
Apr 11th, 2003, 03:20:08 PM
Yeah I found that a few months after I saw it. It only galvanized my disgust at his work