PDA

View Full Version : Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secerts DVD

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 10th, 2003, 10:20:18 PM
It comes out tomorrow and I can't wait. There are suppose to be 19 delete scenes (that is a lot) and a lot of interviews and other special features sounds like a cool DVD. There is another Harry Potter thread but that one deals more with the books than the films. So I figured I try to keep the topics seperate.

Sanis Prent
Apr 10th, 2003, 11:02:16 PM
I've already got a coaster, AND it absorbs condensation!

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 10th, 2003, 11:05:17 PM
Shush Charley.

I want the DVD but I'm broke as a joke.

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 10th, 2003, 11:07:22 PM
I know you don't like it Charely which is fine but I can't wait to get it. I am picking it up tomorrow morning.

sirdizzy
Apr 11th, 2003, 12:56:42 AM
i am getting it

Darth Viscera
Apr 11th, 2003, 01:24:52 AM
I'm renting it. ;)

Droo
Apr 11th, 2003, 09:34:11 AM
I may go out and buy it in a minute. I think I'll just wait though for the time being, I can last but I am really looking forward to seeing it again.

Saccharine Jones
Apr 11th, 2003, 11:04:38 AM
$18.99. Costco. I am so there. :D

But then again, I had to sell back all my textbooks to afford it, so I guess I have my priorities set.

Or then again, maybe I'll just get "Manos, The Hands of Fate" instead.

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
Apr 11th, 2003, 11:20:05 AM
O_o crap, I have to work tonight with ppl wanting that....crap crap crap.....

imported_J'ktal Anajii
Apr 11th, 2003, 02:19:19 PM
I think I'm just going to cheat and wait until I can find one of the million copies used at Blockbuster or Hollywood Video for eight bucks.

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 11th, 2003, 04:45:58 PM
I picked it up today and have been going through it for a while. After the movie the best things to view are the interviews with the actors, the one with Rowling and the screenwriter and then the Deleted Scenes. Those three things are great, I haven't got to the rest I know there are suppose to be a couple documentaries but not sure what else besides games.

Admiral Lebron
Apr 11th, 2003, 05:17:01 PM
We have it... by 'extended scenes' does that mean new materiel is intergrated within the film?

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 11th, 2003, 09:07:55 PM
No its all on Disc 2 still there are 19 deleted scenes that is a lot.

Admiral Lebron
Apr 11th, 2003, 10:32:32 PM
Someone should make a dvd where you can have the deleted scenes added into the film..:\

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 11th, 2003, 10:36:12 PM
That would be cool

Admiral Lebron
Apr 11th, 2003, 10:45:49 PM
It would be smart.

Marcus Telcontar
Apr 12th, 2003, 09:09:30 PM
LOTR:FOTR EE edition. Already done

Shawn
Apr 12th, 2003, 09:48:20 PM
Originally posted by Marcus Elessar
LOTR:FOTR EE edition. Already done Aliens: Director's Cut has it beat. I'm sure there's something that did it before that, too.

Personally, I prefer it when they add the scenes back in. In an interview, Peter Jackson said that he thinks having the deleted scenes seperate, under the special features, is little more than a novelty - a gimmick. I have to agree with him there. Sometimes, I won't even look at the deleted scenes because they're unfinished and out of the context of the movie, so they're not terribly interesting.

If you're going to include them on the DVD, finish them up and put them back into the film. Include an option to automatically skip over them for the people that prefer the theatrical version.

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 12th, 2003, 09:51:21 PM
Well I like them seperate because I like the unfinished nature of things. Still the Harry Potter ones are finished, FX and all, there are some plot issues that could be an issue with a few of them, but most could have been put back in. It could be that Columbus and the producer Heyman don't want that option. They could have done like ID4 to me that is one of the best DVDs because they let you choose which version you want to see.

Admiral Lebron
Apr 12th, 2003, 09:55:45 PM
I have LOTR: FOTR: EE.

Most of the 'deleted scenes' were good. A few were like 5 seconds of wasted time.

darth_mcbain
Apr 14th, 2003, 07:42:22 AM
I picked it up Friday - I Was initially planning on waiting a little while, but I figured what the hey. $14.99 at Wal-Mart - got the last widescreen one they had. Thank goodness, I am personally not a fan of full-screen.

I have only made it a little way through the extras, but so far they look pretty good. I didn't like the interface for watching the extended scenes where you have to go back to the menu after each one - they should have a feature to view all of them in sequence.

JMK
Apr 14th, 2003, 08:05:57 AM
Hell TPM made a couple changes to the theatrical version before LotR. Minor, but still.

Marcus Telcontar
Apr 14th, 2003, 08:42:02 AM
One thing about deleted scenes - I like how Jackson has handled them. The way NOT to do them is AOTC. Ayayay, could they have gotten any less interesting?!? Absolute garbage they were.

Oh, sometimes deleted scenes could be interesting. Have a look at the deleted scences for Unbreakable. Notice the link ebtween one of them and Sighns?

Saccharine Jones
Apr 14th, 2003, 09:19:26 AM
they should have a feature to view all of them in sequence

Thre is a play all option, bottom left corner of the first deleted scenes menu page. :)

My review = b+. It's got lots of nifty extras, fun little games targeted a bit younger than my age range, interesting menus, but I'm still wishing I had an outtakes section or something. The deleted scenes were all pretty high quality, and if you've read the books, you would recognize a great lot of them. It also sounds, from the cast interviews, that the entire cast and crew got along really well, which does make a great movie. (Esp. with the baddies like Malfoy and Mini Malfoy... they seem to be nice people IRL. Nice guys always play the worst people!)

sirdizzy
Apr 14th, 2003, 10:14:43 AM
i am glad they made the deleted scenes easier to access this time, although some of the scenes are like 5 seconds new footage which really isn't even worth including

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 14th, 2003, 11:29:14 AM
Yeah a couple of them weren't great but still there are about 7 or 8 which are very good and and several of them I think should have been in the movie, the scene with the diary was great and I wish they had left that in. I also like the one where the Weasley twins are joking about Harry being the Heir of Slytherin I thought that was a great scene especially since it makes Harry question if he could be it. I also like the other scene with Lucius Malfoy but that was important to the plot just another example of how evil he is.

darth_mcbain
Apr 14th, 2003, 11:37:32 AM
Originally posted by Saccharine Jones
Thre is a play all option, bottom left corner of the first deleted scenes menu page. :)

Thanks - must have missed that...

Charley
Apr 14th, 2003, 11:39:56 AM
If you put the DVD in the microwave for a few seconds, it should cause the deleted scenes to mix into the movie for easy viewing. :)

/advice for blondes

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 14th, 2003, 11:48:06 AM
LOL I don't see that working very well :p

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
Apr 14th, 2003, 11:55:01 AM
:lol personally I fell asleep in both movies so I'm prolly not gonna buy it at all.....'sides sis has a copy....