PDA

View Full Version : Unbridgable Gaps

Nayette Lamonge
Apr 10th, 2003, 12:18:56 PM
The woman was very tall, and might have been pretty, but her face was shaped to fit her mood; Exasperated and angry. She stood at the entrance to the Bar and Grill, shaking her finger at the two gaurds.

"It not Nayette's, I telling you already. It ees belonging to Jee-dai, and Nayette bring to them! I go give to Jee-dai, now, and Nayette no stay, jus' lilly bit--"

The taller of the two sentries sighed. The conversation had repeated itself several times.

"Ma'am, I'm sorry but yuo can't bring that--"

He pointed to the lightsaber in her hand.

"--in here. It's the rules."

Nayette Lamonge, the woman, made a frustrated moaning and ran a hand through her bobbed hair. She began to wave her hands about, motioning with the Jedi weapon.

"No you arrrre not listening to Nayette! It not mine, I bring to Jee-dai, to give to them so none are harmful. It not belonging to me!"

The second gaurd, obviously tiring of teh whole situation held out his hand.

"Look lady, why don't you give it to me, and I'll make sure the Jedi get it, ok?"

Nayette shook her head furiously.

"No! That not working!"

Once again she began to motion with the lightsaber at them, intermittedly pointing an accusing finger at them and rambling in a strange tongue.

"Usted es schwierig sein! Perchè non usted você coopera apenas?"

Quite suddenly, and accidentally, the weapon ignited, Nayettes grip have changed and put pressure on a small fushia button. She looked just as surprised as the gaurds while a snap-hiss was emmited and a violet blade of light emerged. SHe dropped the 'saber to the floor with a clatter, looking at it with wide eyes. It took but a moment for the gaurds to seize her, pushing her against the wall and producing a pair of vibrocuffs for her wrists. Nayette began to shout.

"Aia! No, Nayette not doing anything! It happen! Not Nayette faults!"

Logic
Apr 10th, 2003, 12:29:03 PM
Logic picks up the weapon and gives it a cursory glance before disengaging it.

You may release her. If she meant to attack with the saber, she would have swung at one of you, rather than dropping it.

Logic is allied to GJO by way of one of its Padawans, who it had expected to meet her. However, it seems that Lillian is no where to be found...so it will help Nayette instead.

Nayette Lamonge
Apr 10th, 2003, 01:42:31 PM
Nayette nodded fiercly in agreement, though she could not see the voice making the statement.

"Ja, ja! Nayette not wanting to hur-tuh any one person! She jus' bring back to Jee-dai!"

Nevertheless, the gaurds still held her warily and eyed Logic.

"The weapon was still drawn and still could have hurt someone. We can't just let her go."

Nayette disagreed with this, and shook her head.

"Ja, can, ees possible! Nayette not meaning to make Jee-dai tool work!"

Logic
Apr 10th, 2003, 04:20:40 PM
Her Basic is horribly mangled, but understandable. Logic cannot identify her race, nor can it understand the string of words she spoke before accidentally igniting the saber. If it were a protocol droid, it could easily do both of these tasks, but for now it will make do.

I will monitor her. If she should be trouble, as you say she is, I will simply shoot her dead. Are we in agreement, gentlemen?

Nayette Lamonge
Apr 11th, 2003, 09:37:12 AM
After a long pause and a few stares between each other, they nodded. Perhaps their descision was influenced by the fact that it was drawing close to the standard lunch hour and Nayette was growing more anxious.

Sighing, the taller of the two removed the vibrocuffs and released the woman.

"Alright. But anymore trouble and that's it, understand?"

Nayette shook her head and glared.

"Nayette not causing any trooble, ees you who make the trooble."

She turned and looked at Logic, suspision on her face. Her worldy knowledge was limited and Nayette had never seen a droid up close before. In fact, she'd really only seen them in pictures and from great distances. Putting her hands on her hips Nayette shook her head.

"You will be no making Nayette dead, dru-oid. She ees not of trooble, like men say!"

Logic
Apr 11th, 2003, 09:54:00 AM
Did I say you were?

Logic leads Nayette in past the guards. It may not be a Jedi Knight, but it's impossible for it to remove its weapons. Logic's oversized lower arms house the components not only for movement, but to transform each of its arms into the equivalent of high powered blaster rifles. It's legs, while equally bulky, have no function other than to keep the droid stable and allow it more fluid movement than other droids.

Do you know what a Jedi looks like, Nayette? The sooner you can find one, the sooner I can let you be.

Nayette Lamonge
Apr 11th, 2003, 10:37:11 AM
Keeping a quizzacle eye on the droid, Nayette shook her head as they walked further into the B&G.

"How ees Nayette knowing this? She ees never being to here anytime but now. Never being to see Jee-dai."

The woman reached a hand out and tapped the top of Logic's head, drawing back quickly. SHe wasn't entirely sure whether or not she liked these strange contraptions.

"Not needing Jee-dai, you are going now. Nayette ees not wanting dru-oid follow her."

Logic
Apr 11th, 2003, 12:41:12 PM
I don't like following you, as strange as that may sound. But until this weapon gets to a Jedi's hand, I'm afraid neither of us has much choice in the matter.

Nayette Lamonge
Apr 14th, 2003, 12:13:57 PM
Nayette sighed angrily and looked around the bar, hands crossed over her chest.

"Then we be needing to find Jee-dai now. How you tell who Jee-dai,? Nayette ees never seeing one."

She looked with narrowed eyes at random people in the bar, as if it were a physical characteristic that would give clue to their 'Jedi-ness'.

Logic
Apr 14th, 2003, 12:58:11 PM
Now that she asks, Logic isn't sure how to answer. Logic can't recall ever seeing a Jedi dressed in the traditional robes of the Order, so that is out the window. Many of the order are Padawans, so there's a low chance of finding a Knight in here with his or her weaponry.

Ask the bartender.

Nayette Lamonge
Apr 14th, 2003, 01:44:12 PM
Marching with a determined air, Nayette waved the bartender over.

"Nayette ees needing Jee-dai."

The barkeep smiled and cocked his head, indicating he hadn't quite caught everything she said. Nayette spoke louder.

"Nayette ees needing Jee-dai!"

He smiled.

"Came to the right place Lady. They're all over."

That didn't help. Nayette looked around.

"Show Nayette. Where Jee-dai?"

The bartender looked around and then pointed.

"There's one.

Nayette nodded and motioned with her head at Logic.

"That ees Jee-dai, over there!"

Logic
Apr 14th, 2003, 03:22:55 PM
Logic approaches with Nayette in tow and hands the saber back to her, then pushes her to the fore.

Master Jedi, this woman has business with you.

Wei Wu Wei
Apr 14th, 2003, 03:29:48 PM
Wei looked up from his bowl of lo mein noodles with a confused look. "Huh?"

Wei cut a pretty comcial figure with the noodles hlafway in his mouth. Wei looked at the lightsaber, then to the lady, then to the robot, and slurped the noodles up into his mouth. Wei chewed and then after swallowing finally spoke.

"Oh. The lightsaber. What about it?"

Nayette Lamonge
Apr 15th, 2003, 10:37:01 AM
"Ees not Nayette's. She ees bringing back for to Jee-dai. Man say it ees belonging to Jee-dai, so Nayette is looking all over for to give to them and now she is finding you, Jee-dai."

She looked at Wei, expecting him to understand without her having to repeat anything.

"Now ees no one person becoming hurtful with Jee-dai wae-pon."

Wei Wu Wei
Apr 15th, 2003, 01:31:37 PM
Wei listened to the woman doing her best to speak Basic. He understood her very well, considering her heavy accent and somewhat poor grammar.

"I see. Well, let's take a look at it."

Wei motioned for Nayette to sit while he looked the lightsaber over. "Someone dropping their lightsaber? That's a rarity."

The lightsaber was just the average lightsaber: it could belong to anybody. "I'll hold on to it," he said.

Only Jedi Knights and Masters could carry weaponry into the Bar and Grill, but Wei didn't want Nayette to worry any more than she already had if she found out she couldn't get rid of it as quickly as she wanted to

"I'm very glad you decided to bring the weapon here as soon as possible. It was very considerate of you."