PDA

View Full Version : To a few people I'm doing stuff with

Helenias Evenstar
Apr 10th, 2003, 05:11:22 AM
I am at present trying to complete a bit of a story. To wit, I wont be replying with speed (as if I ever do) until it's finished.

And look at my shiney Avatar! I have a working signature again! Someone's been busy and it's not before time you slacker :p

Sanis Prent
Apr 10th, 2003, 05:51:04 PM
Ooh, a jersey-style font. I want it.

James Prent
Apr 11th, 2003, 01:34:28 AM
A story? Cool. :) I want to read it when you're done. :D

Kelt Simoson
Apr 12th, 2003, 04:29:10 AM
(Mad, looney comment BE WARNED!)

A story of fairys and butterflys and little singing chickins which float on cloads across the sky!!!.

(Mad comment over you may proceed with your useral posting)

:D

Logic
Apr 12th, 2003, 02:12:25 PM
To wit, I wont be replying with speed (as if I ever do)

You've been the fastest and most regular poster in that council thread I've got, much more so than any one else. I may as well have made it (Helenias) rather than (Council). :lol

Lion El' Jonson
Apr 13th, 2003, 11:28:20 AM
Originally posted by Helenias Evenstar
And look at my shiney Avatar! I have a working signature again! Someone's been busy and it's not before time you slacker :p

What, you got Sage to do it? :lol

*Runs from panning*

Helenias Evenstar
Apr 16th, 2003, 07:44:01 AM
Not dissing Sage, but the slacker has the skills. Pity he didnt use them on me until now!

Story is getting there. I'm doing my best to create something readable and up to scratch with Marcus. I know I might be seen as bias, but I've only seen Pierce or Lil reach the absolute standard Marcus can achieve in story writing.

In my opinion, roleplaying is one thing and there are quite few really good roleplayers around, who can write, like Xazor, Sejah, Oriadin, Pierce and Lilaena being the main ones I read. I'm sure there is more that I havent read lately and I could rattle off half a dozen names more of those I have. I get jealous sometimes comparing them to what I do. My main problem is the fact Marcus is here and I feel I struggle to get out of his shadow. I try to make myself distinct and different, but I feel I fail sometimes. That's why I always go first person perspective, Marcus always goes third person.

Story writing is a different discipline, which, again in my opinion few truly can pull off. I hope what I post eventually will be half decent.

Lion El' Jonson
Apr 16th, 2003, 10:24:26 AM
Believe me, Helen, if I had half the writing ability of some of the people here, I'd consider myself decent. Unfortunately, I do not...

*Stews in self-pity*

Reading Marcus' posts is like reading a page out of a really good Zahn book with some fantasy thrown in for good measure. Don't get me wrong, that's awesome. Reading YOUR posts, however, is fun! Both of you throw in tons of detail, but your posts make me laugh...every time (almosts, anyways...). For instance, in Carry the World, you had a little conversation with Pierce about certain parts of a wookie's anatomy.

It's hard to compare you or Marcus. Both of your writing styles are awesome, but they're also different. And as for your story: I'm sure it'll be great. I've got 6 half-finished fanfics sitting around because I'm getting stuck in the middle of them. Oh well.

(btw, you mentioned me in "Carry the World"! Yay! :lol)