PDA

View Full Version : A coin in the hand is worth....(Xazor) Closed

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Apr 9th, 2003, 12:00:16 PM
The message had been sent ala Vega-style and now Daiquiri was awaiting a response one way or another. Either for Xazor to send a reply or to show up at The Brass Bucket, the upper west side bar frequented by mostly blue collar workers.

Daiquiri suspected that this place held little charm for Xazor but hoped that with her name on the note and not Vega's that the Jedi would be curious enough to make an appearance.

She had even dressed accordingly for the occasion. Gone were her black robes and leather outfit. Instead, Daiquiri had chosen a blue silk shirt and a pair of jeans to wear, leaving behind anything that smacked of Sith.

A half empty glass of fruit juice stood before her on the table, a drop of condensation rolling slowly down it's side and forming a small ring at the bottom.

Daiq had been at the bar for going on three hours and was as bored as the waiter who kept stopping at the booth and asking if she would like to order now. The menu was left unopened but she had seen another customer order a Chef salad and that looked good to her. Daiquiri was begining to feel a bit peckish.

"Bleu cheese dressing. No, nothing else. Just the salad."

Xazor Elessar
Apr 18th, 2003, 07:27:35 PM
Quietly Xazor sat alone in her quarters for once in a long time. It had been two months since the birth of her baby girl and that time was spent with the child nearly every waking -- and sleeping moment that the Jedi Knight possessed. She sighed and laid back on her bed, closing her eyes for a moment until suddenly there was a knock at the door. With a groan of discontent, she flopped her arms down beside her and pushed herself to her feet, then meandered toward the door. The knock came again, a bit more persistent -- and then it ceased just as she touched a button upon the control panel and the metallic door hissed open. No one stood there, and this made the woman quite curious. Her eyes slowly fell to the floor where she then noticed the reason of the persistent knocking -- a note, addressed to her, sat there in a neat, white envelope. She bent down and gently picked it up in her hands before looking down the hall to catch a glimpse of the messenger -- but alas, she saw no one.

Turning from the hall, Xazor stepped back into her room and the door hissed shut behind her. She stood there for a moment and eyed the envelope before sauntering over to her bed once again and sitting down. In one hand, she inspected the envelope with her precision eyes -- allowing no flaw or imperfection to escape her grasp. Her ultrasensitive nose smelled the hint of perfume -- yes, perfume and that of a woman, not the cologne of a man. It was evident by the writing, even, that a woman had addressed it. With these facts in mind, the Jedi Knight allowed her hands to change ever so slightly -- and though the bit of teasing was done to her inner wolf, she remained in humanoid form, save for the furry hands and quite lengthy claws upon her fingers. With one swipe of a nail, the envelope was open and it fell to the floor as she grasped the letter from within. Quickly, now, her hands changed once again and the soft peach colored flesh of her human self came to be in place. Upon opening the letter, her eyes scanned the message and then came to rest upon the name of the sender.

"Daiquiri -- that's Vega's fiance."

She noted to herself and re-read the name again. The woman recalled her as she thought of the times when Vega had taught Xazor more of her primal side -- such things as how to change more naturally than her sporadic ways as before. Though the two had never formally met, the Jedi Knight new very well of her existance and had often noted Daiquiri watching from the large windows of Vega's castle. Sighing inwardly as she considered the invitation, Xazor contemplated going for but a minute before realizing that it seemed rather important. The Force nudged her and urged her to go, and so she would listen. Leaving the letter upon the bed, the Knight rose to her feet and walked over to a mirror where she eyed herself for a bit of time. Clad in long flowing black robes she appeared anything but a Jedi. The weapons belt around her waist held an array of "tools" including a lightsaber. Within the confines of a scabbered that hung off her left hip was a long wide bladed silver sword that she took pride in and weilded like no other. Indeed, she was prepared for a confrontation, though she expected none. The woman was well aware of the fact that Daiquiri was a Darksider, of which faction or rank she knew not but it did not matter either -- Xazor could not take her chances under any circumstances. With careful hands, the woman stuffed her waist length blonde hair into the back of her robes. The Garou Warrior Braids bunched together nicely and the silver coins woven into them clanged together ever so slightly until her hair was where she wished it to be -- then she drew the hood of her robes over her head and masked her identity within the safety of the shadows.

Ten Minutes Later

It had taken the Jedi Knight but a short time before she found herself stepping out of a speeder and arriving right in front of The Brass Bucket. She eyed the establishment before slowly stepping through its door and into the rather slow company of its patrons. Indeed, it was not a busy day -- only a handful of people occupied its many tables. Xazor then set her cyan blue eyes upon the one who sought her company for this day, and with a keen sense of mind, the Jedi Knight moved toward the table of the lone woman, and stopped just at its side. With a bow of her head, the Garou Warrior moved to sit in the empty seat and all the while she did not identify herself by face nor voice -- nor anything else. She fell silent and sat there for a few moments before saying anything at all.

"Greetings Lady Daiquiri -- I received your message and have come as you requested. Though we have not formally met, I know who you are -- and it is a pleasure to meet you."

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Jun 29th, 2003, 11:30:25 PM
Rising to her feet in a formal gesture, Daiquiri held out her hand to Xazor.

"Im pleased to meet you as well, Xazor. Please, sit down."

Gesturing to the waiter, Daiq called him over.

"Whatever my companion wants, put it on my bill."

It was an open, generous offer and one that she hoped the Jedi approved of. it was of the utmost importance that Xazor was put at ease and suspected nothing.

"I just ordered a salad for myself. If theres anything that you'd like, please feel free to order it. I wouldnt want it any other way"

Daiquiri smiled across the booth at Xazor.

Xazor Elessar
Aug 13th, 2003, 10:44:06 AM
The Lost Jedi smiled across at Daiquiri and nodded. "I'll take a Spiced Garou Ale, if you have it. I would also like a salad, if it isn't too much trouble." She nodded and turned her attention back to the woman who wed Vega. "So how have you been as of late?" Xazor questioned with a grin.

Her eyes moved across the diner for a moment as she pondered the purpose of their meeting. "Perhaps she is genuinly being nice." The Garou thought to herself, but knew there was always something more to a Darksider's story than what met the eye. They were not there as people who were on sides -- not today, though. Today they were people who were merely meeting for lunch.

"I imagine you've been awefully busy keeping up after Vega." The Knight laughed to herself at the thought of living with the Lupine. He was a handful and she could only imagine how much he kept this poor woman hopping.