PDA

View Full Version : The Lessons of Ka' el: Breathe In...Breathe Out...[Open]

Ka' el Darcverse
Apr 9th, 2003, 08:31:21 AM
It was cold on Coruscant, the winter months of the City planet could be harsh at times. Frost formed on the durraglass visors of parked speeders outside the walls of the Jedi Praxeum. A cool wind whipped down the street like a stampede of spirits, chilling those unfortunate enough to be outside to the core.

The streets were fairly empty, even the beggars/dregs had found shelter from the cold, but there were a few who braved the elements, one in particular. A tall, cloaked figure skulked down the street, heading in the direction of the entrance to the Jedi Academy. He was clad in the traditional robes of a Jedi, a dark grey over coat with the underdressing of a Padawan Learner. The figure was a man-child, tall and athletically built, yet still with the visage of a pubescent teen. As this boy entered through the gates to the Greater Jedi Order, he bowed reverently to a few members of the order that he encountered. However the young man did not tarry, nor stop along his path, he had an objective; training.

The wind blew harshly as the teen walked through the Gardens of the Courtyard towards the beautifully designed Jedi Academy building. The trees leaned with the wind and the young Padawan's cloak billowed, but he stayed his course and did not allow the harsh elements to slow him on his path. Soon he made it to the entrance of the Academy and opened the doors. The temperature and climate of the building was a sharp contrast to the chill of nature.

It has been a while since I first stepped in these halls... Young Ka' el thought to himself, as he made his way to a training room. After a brief search he found an empty room and entered. He pulled back his heavy hood from his young face. His dirty blonde hair was closely cropped to his head, though he wore the traditional braid of a Padawan.

Ka' el then began to pace about the room, but it seemed to have a purpose, he was finding his center so that he could meditate, a skill he had been working on since the order began teaching him, so many years ago.

Three steps north, one to the west.... Ka' el took a deep breath as he found his center; Perfect... Slowly the boy knelt down to both knees and placed his hands on his thighs before him. A series of deep breathes, first expanding his torso, near his diaphram, then his chest expanded as well, then he exhaled, in reverse order.

There is no emotion... Slowly he recited the mantra of the Jedi in his head as his body began to slip into a trance like state.

Xazor Elessar
Apr 9th, 2003, 04:05:10 PM
Perhaps it was a bit too cold outside for a pregnant woman to be about, but this day, a Jedi Knight was headed for the Academy. Quietly she walked and the wind kicked up the black flowing robes she wore. They wrapped around and flowed behind her like a dark spirit revealing itself in nature's fury. Upon entering the Temple, the young woman stopped and removed the hood of her cloak, allowing her waist length blonde hair to spill out in Garou Warrior Braids. With a smile revealing her elongated canines, the woman bowed to a group of fellow Jedi to her right and then began her way toward the courtyard.

Xazor stepped out into the elements once again and the wind took hold of her hair and robes once again, tossing it about at will until she quickly rushed inside of the Academy. Something odd struck her about the Academy this day -- perhaps it was the silence that fell upon the vast halls branching forth from the main inner courtyard that caught her attention -- or perhaps it was the deep feeling of peace that she had not sensed in so long. Slowly down the closest corridor to her left, the woman walked and the clanging of metal upon metal was heard as the silver coins woven into her hair struck one another softly. She moved about and then stopped and peered into a room where her bright cyan eyes came to rest upon a single subject who appeared to be meditating. "Ah yes -- the young Padawan Ka' el that was recruited not too long ago. Training alone? Perhaps he might use some guidance." The woman thought to herself, noting in her mind that this day she came to teach the masterless and indeed, he did not appear to have a teacher. With this in mind, the Jedi Knight touched the door and it hissed open, quietly shutting behind her.

With a gentle smile, the Garou woman came to sit down before Ka' el, quietly eyeing him as she inhaled deeply and exhaled. She fell into depths of the Force nearly immediatly and relished its calming effects on her body, soul, and mind. She quieted her thoughts and closed her eyes as she situated herself into a pretzel legged style and began concentrating deeply -- fully allowing herself to be connected with the Force. Her presence filled the room and the Padawan was aware of her, not only for the fact that he may have heard her entering -- but because he could feel her, somehow. She gently touched his mind with her own and sat in peace and solitude, waiting for him to acknowledge her so as to not disturb his personal learning process.

Ka' el Darcverse
Apr 9th, 2003, 04:29:27 PM
Ka' el smiled but remained still, the presence of the Jedi Knight indeed had been noticed and had warmed him. Still he was concentrating and focusing on the moment at hand; there would be time for conversation after he had centered himself.

Aware that she was touching his thoughts he continued to do as he always did when he meditated and think back to his earliest stages of training, while just a boy traveling with the Order.

"Breathe in...Breathe out... Feel the Force flow through you..." An elder Jedi spoke as the 6 year old boy sat in on the lessons of some of the older padawans. Ka' el was experiencing his first lessons as a Jedi candidate; centering. He watched with excitement as the Jedi demonstrated the proper technique. "Breathe in expanding the lower parts of your chest first, filling your lungs at their very base, then slowly work you way up your chest. Very good my young apprentice." The Jedi master teaching the lesson had a way about her that soothed any fears or anxiety of the young padawan's in the room. She walked over slowly to the young boy who was attempting to emmulate the actions of the older padawans around him. "Very good Ka' el, you seem to take to this naturally." Ka' el smiled, keeping his eyes shut, he was beginning to lose himself in the calming effect of the light side of the Force.

The Knight in the room with him reminded him of the female Jedi Master who had taught him how to meditate all those years ago, the same grace and calm the master exhibited was exhibitied by the lovely woman in front of him.

"Greeting m'lady," Ka' el's young tenor voice called out to her as he gradually allowed himself to become more aware of his surroundings through non-Force perception.

Sage Hazzard
Apr 10th, 2003, 02:20:12 AM
The Jedi Master sighed as walked down the hallway. He had been out for a stroll. Restless in his sleep the night before he looked forward to a mindless wandering, taking in the surroundings.

He could feel Xazor's presence well enough. The sound of her coins clanging gave her away though. He rounded the corner to see her the trail of her hair going into a room. He followed her, coming to the door. Leaning against the door's frame, he sighed, looking at the room and a familar Padawan. The Jedi Master was brought back to the time he first noticed the boy and commited his face to memory. It was, oddly enough, that same class that the Padawan used as a reference for his centering.

<center>***</center>

"Very good Ka' el, you seem to take to this naturally"

Sage sighed, forcing himself to concentrate more. The frustration he felt at having to do such a small task aggrivated him enough to where he could almost not do the task. He'd been with the GJO long enough. In fact, he had the nagging suspicion he was near promotion. Darth Stone had shown that indication anyway, through small little things he picked up on.

"Um, miss--" Sage smiled as the teacher made eye contact. "Yeah, hi. Um, I'm kind of not getting why I have to do this. I can already punch through a durasteel, solid block. And, come on, I can already move twenty rocks at the same time. I know how to center."

"Then master it. It's one of the building blocks of the Force, young Hazzard. Perhaps you should take after your sister's dilligence," she walked on, leaving it at that.

Sage pushed down the gritting of the teeth. Oh, so his sister was playing teacher's pet or something? He looked to his left, where she was sitting. There was the smug smile on her face. Then her eyes opened and looked cautiously to her right, forcing down a roaring laugh. She shut her eyes again, the smile still showing.

"How can you be smug at centering? Try doing the stuff Master Stone has tought me, like run like ten atheletes combined."

Fire rolled her eyes, stopping her practice. Her chuckle had subsided.

"Oh shut up with that. It's all you talk about! I can lift this and punch this. Who cares. I can still beat you at soccer."

Sage punched her lightly on the arm, playfully.

"Yeah, because soccer sucks. I can bench press more than you."

Fire raised an eyebrow. Silence loomed between them, both starting to crack and show their smiles.

"Yay," she said unemphaticly.

They both burst out in laughter, disrupting class. As the teacher spun around, they were playing the fool, eyes closed and focus. As she turned away again the light chuckling of the twins could be heard.
<center>***</center>

Fond memories. A beautiful sadness, as the ache for his dead sister pained his heart.

He looked on at the two in the room, not saying a word.

Xazor Elessar
Apr 11th, 2003, 01:21:20 PM
Xazor slowly opened her eyes, smiling gently on the young boy.

"Greetings, Ka'el -- a pleasure to meet you once again."

She said softly as her mind slowly slipped into a rememberance of his face.

- - - - -

"Hey, stop that!"

A young woman's voice sounded through the massive gardens of the Jedi Academy. Into view came a young boy nearly the age of nine or so chased by another Padawan of about twenty-two years of age.

Her long blonde hair flowed freely behind her, unbound by braids or ties -- completely wild and blown by the wind. She giggled and took up her red robes in her hands and ran after the child.

"You can't catch me!"

He called to her as he moved to face the woman, but just as he turned his head to look where he was going, she was there and he ran right into her.

"Ow!"

He yelped as his body fell to the ground. She too fell down into the grasses and giggled to herself.

"Can I please have my saber back? It's really important to me -- it's the first one I built here."

She laughed to herself and grabbed at the silver cylinder in his hands. He held her in suspension for a moment more before reluctantly handing her weapon over.

"You told me that just because I'm a Jedi, that doesn't mean that I can't have fun."

A small pout crossed his boyish features and this made Xazor smile. Laughing to herself once again, she nodded.

"I did say that, but only because that's what my Master told me."

The two had been good friends despite the age difference -- for some reason Xazor took comfort in the company of children for she felt that they would never judge her -- indeed, none had and so she felt drawn to the boy. Smiling at him, she tried to imagine what it would be like to have a Padawan of her own, perhaps someone young like him with a joyful spirit but a serious mind. These thoughts faded away as she clipped the saber to her belt and the two sat in the light of the setting sun, talking and joking together. Laughing like they never had before.

- - - - -

Xazor grinned at the fond memories of Ka'el -- wondering to herself if he remembered anything about her from his time as a young boy at the Order.

"You've grown up so much."

She smiled, eyeing the maturing features of his face. He was no longer a little boy but a young man -- but a short time off of her age when she first met him. Suddenly she turned her attention from his face to another out the window of the training room.

Sage.

They too were best friends -- were, but in recent times that had been quaralling for things that didn't even make sense to her. Sighing inwardly, the Jedi Knight smiled his way.

"Please join us -- friend."

She touched his mind gently and motioned to him to come in. Her eyes slowly wandered back to Ka'el as she looked at him closely.

"It has been quite a long time since I last saw you. Do you remember me?"

Ka' el Darcverse
Apr 11th, 2003, 03:30:19 PM
Ka' el blushed, he had recognized the beautiful woman. She was the Knight known as Xazor Dawnstrider, though last he had seen her she was but a Padawan, much like him.

"Of course m' lady, a boy does not forget his first crush," he said with a mischievous smile. The blonde haired garou had indeed been his childhood crush. He oft dreamed of her as a little boy.

"How have you been Xazor?" he asked with a smile.

Someone else is here as well...

The acute senses of the young padawan who had been trained in the Force for so long was easily able to pick up another Force signature, this one more powerful than the one belonging to the beautiful woman before him.

"Then master it. It is one of the building blocks of the Force, young Hazzard..." The elder Jedi chastised.

Master Hazzard...

"Salutations Master Hazzard," Ka' el said as he turned his head to look over his right shoulder at the Jedi Master with a bittersweet look of nostalgia on his face. Sage had been an idol for the young boy as he grew up, his power in the Force and the respect he commanded.

"Please sir, come sit with us," The harmonious tenor voice of Ka' el called out to the Jedi.

Sage Hazzard
Apr 12th, 2003, 02:09:55 AM
Sage smiled but stood still as Xazor invited him in. He was in another place in his mind and didn't want to leave it quite yet. Finally, he did so as the boy verbally requested it.

"I'm honored."

He entered, bowing to Xazor first, then doing the same to Ka'el.

"Xazor, Ka'el."

He ruffled his hair.

"Sitting is a luxary I partake in gleefully."

He smiled, sitting beside Ka'el, a new memory going through his mind. One not so pleasant as his last.

<center>***</center>
"Go to hell, Chewnakka!" a 19 year old Sage yelled.

The solid snap of a human hand cracking against a solid Wookiee body could be heard clearly around the corner, where an eleven year old Ka'el was crouching, spying.

"Sage... I loved her too," the voice of a Wookiee speaking perfect Basic was heard.

"Yeah, right. She died only two months ago and already you want me to go have fun with you? What kind of a life debt do you keep you son of a bitch?"

The young boy peered around the corner now. A Jedi Knight stood looking up, very much so, at a towering Wookiee. He was defiant, strong standing, despite the Wookiee's height. His short sleeve shirt showed off the incredible muscle tone a 14 year old Padawan could never hope for. Sage Hazzard had grown up.

The Wookiee slapped the Jedi Knight. A wet snap rang out and made the young boy's jaw dropp. Thoughts of screaming for help or running to his instructors going through his head. Sage, despite the tremendous strike still stood, his face only nudging an inch.

"That all you got, furball?"

Sage's fist slammed into the Wookiee's gut. The tower doubled over, clearly not expecting such a blow from a human teenager.

"You will not disrespect my sister's memory again!"

The Wookiee came back up, not violent any more.

"Sage, you knew Fire even better than I did. She loved you more than you knew and she never liked you depressed. If what they say about the Force is true, think of what she's feeling right now bud, looking at you? You've got to snap out of it. Even the Masters are saying it. They think you're... you've lost it."

"Lost what?!" His voice boomed through the halls, almost throwing the onlooking Padawan on his behind. "My zest? My happiness? Well no dren! She was my zest! She was my happiness..."

"I know, man. I know."

Sage softened, his exterior breaking. Chewnakka, knowing the boy well, knew when to push further.

"Your dad's with her though. You don't have to worry about her anymore, she's safe. It's not your fault she died. You can't protect everyone. Not even a Jedi can do that."

Sage collapsed in the Wookiee's arms.

"Why can't I? Oh Force why can't I..." his voice sobbed, muffled by the Wookiee's craddling arms.

The boy's body creeked against the floor, hitting a loose tile. The two bodies snapped to him. Like a deer in the headlights, he froze.

"Kid, what in the heck are you doing there?" the Wookiee asked, out of concern for Sage's embarresment more than anything else.

"It's--it's okay, Nakka."

The boy breathed for the first time since he was spotted.

"Come here, Ka'el."

The boy inched forward.

"What, what you saw here it's..."

"I promise I won't tell ANYONE Mr. Hazzard!" the boy snapped, protecting himself.

Sage put his hand on his shoulder.

"Thank you but... that's not nessacary. I'm not ashamed of my emotions or my depression, though both I can and should... overcome."

"I'm sorry Fire died, sir. She--"

"Thank you."

Sage interuppted, putting his finger to his own lips.

"Just uh.. go play with the other Padawans okay?"

The Padawan nodded and ran off, leaving the Knight and Chewnakka. As he ran on, he stopped at the corner, turning back. Sage was there, Chewnakka's arm around him, with a smile slowly creeping up his lips for the first time in two months. He continued onto the garden.

<center>***</center>

"How's the Force treating you, Ka'el?"

Ka' el Darcverse
Apr 20th, 2003, 11:51:53 PM
OOC* I should have gone down a few more lines and I would have realized I needed to post instead of Xazor, my apologies.

*IC

"It goes well Master Hazzard," Ka' el said respectfully. He turned and looked at Xazor and then back at Sage. "Xazor and I were just centering ourselves for a bit of control training would you like to join us?"

I'm sorry Fire died sir. She--" Sage stopped young Ka' el from speaking the last words. The young padawan was unsure if his Hero was trying to be a strong Jedi or if this was part of the healing process. He had known Fire, she had always been nothing but sweet to the young boy without any family of his own. The Order was everything to him, his mother, his father, his siblings, everything, and when something happened to a member of the Order then to the boy it was something happening to his immediate family.

"-- was very special," The boys empathic powers allowed him to sense the same memory that Sage was experiencing. The boy slowly rose to his feet, his body and spirit was centered.

Xazor Elessar
Apr 21st, 2003, 07:18:22 PM
Xazor closed her eyes once again, able to sense Sage's thoughts as if he was speaking to her. She knew that the passing of a loved one was difficult -- and often the Jedi Knight questioned Sage's reasoning for giving his sister's saber to her on the day of her Knighting. Opening her eyes and setting her blue orbs upon Ka'el, she grinned.

"I fair well, Ka'el -- it has been a long time since I've seen you."

She blushed, noting his comment about her being his crush. Smiling and looking away, the Jedi Knight eyed Sage -- and in that moment her heart went out to him. Gently she touched his mind with her own.

"Please hold nothing against me -- please, sit by me and clear your mind. What's past is past."

The words entered his mind quietly like a whisper in the cool night air. She looked back to Ka'el and nodded slowly, noting that everyone seemed to have known Fire, save for Xazor.

- - - - -

"Why are you looking at me like that?"

A young woman questioned as she moved about in a simple formation -- lightsaber twirling in fluid motions about her body. She stopped and eyed a man across from her -- but not just a man, a Jedi Master -- a friend. He smiled and shook his head, though the look in his eyes was sad.

"You remind me of her. Just the way you move with the saber -- reminds me of her."

Xazor lowered her eyes and looked down at the saber in her hands. The knewly Knighted woman felt a great burden on her heart whenever Sage spoke of her, his sister -- deceased for reasons she still was yet to discover.

"I'm sorry I can't hel --"

Sage put his hand out and silenced her, then smiled and shook his head.

"I didn't mean to put that on you, Xazor -- it's hard to forget, though."

- - - - -

"-- I know."

She caught herself saying words to finish a though resulting from a recollection. Gently she touched Sage's arm and smiled at him.

"I know -- you wish to center with us. You are more than welcome."

Sage Hazzard
Apr 22nd, 2003, 02:22:52 AM
Sage nodded.

"Thank you."

He said this at both. To Ka'el's empathicly inspired comment to Xazor's mental and verbal request.

Plopping onto the floor next to Xazor, he patted her shoulder and winked at her and remembered her mental message. Please hold nothing against me -- please, sit by me and clear your mind. What's past is past.

"Thanks," he said with multiple meanings.

He leaned over and kissed her on the cheek. She was indeed much like his sister but was his friend in her own right.

Looking up at the now standing Ka'el, he chuckled.

"Well, Master Darcverse, teach us eager youths."

Ka' el Darcverse
Apr 23rd, 2003, 09:18:17 AM
Ka' el blushed and smiled at Sage's comment. He then leaned forward and tumbled into a head-stand.

"Well sir I believe I'll focus on increasing strenght today, via the Force," He said with a laugh. Slowly the boy lowered his body down, keeping his balance and touched his nose to the floor. The pressed his body back up. He continued to do so as he counted out reps.

You must first be able to use the Force to enhance your body and mind, before you can use your body and mind to influence the Force," A grey-haired Jedi elder called out as he began control exercises with the young initiates.

"Ka' el, you must first fill the bottom of your lungs, then move your way up towards your chest, to properly maintain the focus one needs while using Jedi Battle Mediation."

"Yes Master," Ka' el replied and then slowed his breathing down, focusing on the proper form.

"Much better, now stand and continue the proper breathing technique."

Ka' el rose and continued to breath in filling the lower portion of his lungs first, followed by his upper chest area.

"Good now fill your lungs and hold it for 3 minutes."

"Three master," Ka' el's expression was priceless, the longest he had ever held his breath was 2 minutes and even then it felt like he was about to pass out.

"Yes three minutes Ka' el."

Ka' el continued to breath as he had while mediating. Then he drew in a large about of air and held it, continuing to exercise as he had been. Three minutes was no longer that long of an amount to the Padawan, but while doing strenous exercise it would provide a challenge.