PDA

View Full Version : Uconn vs Tennesee last night

jjwr
Apr 9th, 2003, 04:56:42 AM
Anyone else watch this?

What a great game, when these two teams play its always good. Not quite as flashy or athletic as the men but these two teams can flat out play hoops.

The Motion of the UConn offense is fun to watch, they're constantly moving and passing the ball, after each pass its a cut to the hoop, and these are mostly freshman pulling this off. This team will only be better next year with Taursi as a senior and all these Freshman with a year of experience under their belts.

CMJ
Apr 9th, 2003, 08:26:16 AM
It was a great game...fun to watch.

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 9th, 2003, 10:18:05 AM
UConn might have a dynasty now they have everybody coming back I think they can win next year too.

jjwr
Apr 9th, 2003, 11:53:58 AM
I was thinking that last night as well, the comment made by Pat Summitt is pretty telling as well, I don't recall the exact quote but it was along the lines of "She has to graduate sometime" of course talking about Taurasi.

If I'm not mistaken they started 3 Freshman, a Sophomore and a Junior so they're not losing any key players and all those Freshman will be a year older.

Unless a major injury comes up this team will be the favorite to take it again next year, and if they do that would make it 4 out of the last 5 tournies won by the lady huskies.

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 9th, 2003, 12:01:47 PM
If that happens they will be start to become the UCLA of women's basketball.