PDA

View Full Version : Tea and Talk (closed)

Aaron Belargic
Apr 8th, 2003, 09:04:44 AM
Coming in from the sun outside (http://sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28480) , Aaron Belargic and Shandri La walked side by side in a comfortable silence. The Hallaer motioned to an empty booth and slid into the chair on one side of it. This particular table was right beside a window that overlooked the area where the two had just met, and sat talking.

“I don’t really know any good drinks,” he said with a slight laugh as a service droid rolled over.

“You pick some.”

Shandri La
Apr 8th, 2003, 09:13:09 AM
Walking beside Aaron, not feeling the need to say something since the silence is a comfortable one. Upon reaching a table, she sits down opposite of Aaron. A smile still on her face, one that gets bigger when he says he doesn't really know any good drink.

"You aren't the only one. But since you've said to pick one, I think a nice sparkling fruit water. It's basically water with fruit flavouring."

Aaron Belargic
Apr 8th, 2003, 09:23:12 AM
The droid bleeped, whistled and rolled away, seemingly understanding what Shandri meant. Looking back away from the tiny mech, Aaron relaxed back in the chair.

“… I feel a bit silly.”

Shandri La
Apr 8th, 2003, 09:25:44 AM
"What do you mean by you feel a bit silly?"

Shandri tilts her head slightly, letting her brown hair fall over her shoulder, forming a bit of a frame around her pale face.

Aaron Belargic
Apr 8th, 2003, 09:34:24 AM
“I don’t know what to say. Here I’m meant to be entertaining you and providing interesting conversation, and my mind’s a blank,” he laughed.

Shandri La
Apr 9th, 2003, 08:04:34 AM
"You aren't ment to be entertaining me. Remember, I'm the one who asked you out for a drink. If anything, I should be entertaining you. If you don't want to say anything, we could just sit here in silence, just enjoying each other's company."

Shandri slips the white bag that she always carries with her onto her lap under the table.

Aaron Belargic
Apr 9th, 2003, 08:13:21 AM
Aaron nodded lightly, though his eyes were drawn downwards as he saw Shandri setting something under her lap under the table. Canting his head, he smiled curiously.

“…What’s that?”

Shandri La
Apr 9th, 2003, 08:22:56 AM
"The Treasure."

Shandri answers Aarons question without even hesitating to who might hear.

"It's what my life is sworn to protect. When I grow old and can no longer protect it, I'm killed and my daughter or grand-daughter will become the next guardian. That is when I have a child. And if I fail to keep it safe, I am also killed and my daughter or grand-daughter will become the Guardian of the Treasure. That job is passed from Mother to Daughter, or from Grandmother to grand-daughter. It has been that way for generations, and will continue to be that way for generations to come. Though each guardian, when they assume their position end up being treated like an object. Nothing more then just a simple object. The Treasure is treated better then us."

Aaron Belargic
Apr 9th, 2003, 08:24:59 AM
“Wow.”

Aaron looked taken aback, though tried to hide some his surprise so as to not make Shandri feel awkward.

“… Can I see what it looks like?”

Shandri La
Apr 9th, 2003, 08:30:30 AM
"Out of reasons to protect the Treasure while I am away from my homeworld, I will have to say no unless you agree to assist me in protecting it. And when I say that, I don't mean that you have to swear your life to it's saftey. What I mean is if I'm in need of help in protecting it and you are nearby, that you come and give me a bit of assistance. If you agree to this, then yes, I will show it to you. If not, you will have to satisfy your curiousity with just knowing that it is a Treasure."

Aaron Belargic
Apr 9th, 2003, 08:32:11 AM
“Well I’d be glad to help protect it, whether I get to see it or not,” Aaron replied decisively.

Shandri La
Apr 9th, 2003, 08:37:24 AM
With a nod of her head, a smile creeps onto her face again.

"Then I shall show you the Treasure when we are not in quite so public a place. There are ppl who know what it looks like and wish to use it for evil. If that happens, then my ppl will suffer."

Aaron Belargic
Apr 9th, 2003, 08:40:01 AM
“Alright,”

The semi-serious moment was interrupted by the chatter of the astromech droid, arriving with the drinks for the two Jedi. Picking them off the droids tray, Aaron set one glasses in front of Shandri and the other in front of himself before playing a couple of credits down to pay for the order.

Both of the glasses are filled with brightly coloured partly transparent liquid, which Aaron swirled around – lifting it up to his eyes so the whole of the bar, including the people, gains a coloured tint.

Shandri La
Apr 9th, 2003, 08:44:36 AM
"Thank-you for understanding."

Shandri picks up her beverage, swirls it around slightly and then takes a sip of it. The smile that had creeped onto her face earlier gets bigger.

"I hope you enjoy this drink Aaron. It's one of my favorites."

Aaron Belargic
Apr 9th, 2003, 08:50:20 AM
Taking his first testing sip, Aaron momentarily paused – it tasted a bit tart, like lemon or lime. His nose wrinkled at little at the sour taste, before it soon became sweet. With another draught or two he smiled; it was quite pleasant.

Placing the glass down on the table in front of him, he leans an elbow on the surface and cradles his chin in his palm. Remembering what Shandri had said a moment go, he simply remains silent, wondering what her reaction will be.

Shandri La
Apr 9th, 2003, 08:55:02 AM
After a couple of moments, she starts to bite her lower lip, starting to think that Aaron doesn't like the drink. After another moment, a slightly worried look appears on her face along with her biting her lower lip.

"Do you like it?"

Aaron Belargic
Apr 9th, 2003, 08:56:01 AM
A grin cracked on his lips as he watched Shandri looking a little worried.

“It’s nice. Very sweet. I like it.”

Shandri La
Apr 10th, 2003, 07:58:08 AM
A smile of relief crosses her face as Aaron says that he likes it.

"I'm glad that you like it. Like I've said before, this is one of my favorite drinks. If you don't mind me asking, what was your childhood like?"

Aaron Belargic
Apr 10th, 2003, 11:48:31 AM
Though the question was a little unexpected, Aaron fielded it well.

“I was sent away from my birth parents shortly after I was born, to live with a family on an arid mining planet. Myself and Dasquian only lived there for seven years before we were sent, at the age of eight, to be indoctrinated into the Jedi Order. After that, all of our childhood was spent under Master Yoda’s watchful eye.”

He smiled, somewhat sadly.

“It was a quiet life, but a happy one.”

Shandri La
Apr 10th, 2003, 11:59:35 AM
"Sounds like you had a happy childhood.

It's only fair that since you told me your childhood, I should tell you mine.

I grew up in the palace on my homeworld. It wasn't the life of happiness that ppl would think it to be. I had to watch my Mother be treated as if she were an object and no a person. Both my Mother and twin were treated like that. Me, I go ignored up until I became the Guardian of the Treasure. Then my life was my job. It still is that way. Anything I do, I'm supposed to do in the best interest of the Treasure. Then a few months ago, Sith came to my homeworld and I was sent off to seek the help of the Jedi in protecting the Treasure. I took my instructions one step further. I joined the Jedi Order. My Mother was going to send me here a year ago so I could become a Jedi. But she couldn't since she was dead."

Shandri takes a sip of her beverage, a slight smile on her face.

"I would love to see the King's face when he finds out that I am doing something without his ok."

Aaron Belargic
Apr 10th, 2003, 12:22:52 PM
“It’s good that you are doing what you want to do, instead of abiding by the destiny set out for you by your peers. Dasquian tells me that if we had stayed on our home planet, we would have been killed … my mother and father were married illegally, going against the laws of our people by marrying into another clan, making us effectively outcasts.”

Shandri La
Apr 11th, 2003, 07:53:05 AM
"There is nobody from my homeworld here to tell me what I can and can not do. The only thing that they do not have the right to tell me to do is to give them the Treasure or anything regarding the Treasure. Unfortunately, in the end, all the training I get here will not be of any use because I will eventually have to go home and there I will be just another object.

It's a good thing then that you didn't stay on your homeworld because if you had have been killed, we wouldn't be able to have this conversation."

Aaron Belargic
Apr 11th, 2003, 07:55:26 AM
Aaron smiled a little.

“Quite right. Lately I’ve been thinking I will go back and have a look around. Dasquian tells me he visited and it was drastically different from what it once was, and even though I don’t remember much of it, I would still like to see it.”

Shandri La
Apr 11th, 2003, 07:57:23 AM
"Times change places. And if you wish to go back, just be careful that you don't get hurt."

Aaron Belargic
Apr 11th, 2003, 08:00:16 AM
“There’s no one left on the planet now, so that isn’t very likely,”

Sitting back against the chair, Aaron took another sip from his glass.

“It would be quite lonely on that planet, with no one else there..”

Shandri La
Apr 11th, 2003, 08:02:11 AM
"If you want, I will go with you when you go to visit your homeworld."

Shandri doesn't know why she just did that other then the fact that it felt right to do.

Aaron Belargic
Apr 11th, 2003, 08:05:33 AM
“That would be nice. A bit of company there would be good.”

Aaron nodded, slowly. In his mind he was trying to work out when he had planned to go.

“Dasquian said he was thinking of taking Xazor to go see it, maybe we could go with them?”

Shandri La
Apr 11th, 2003, 08:17:56 AM
"That would be nice. That way there would be more ppl around to keep you company."

Shandri picks up her drink and takes a sip of it. Her thoughts drifting back to her homeworld and the beauty which is there.

"Maybe someday I could take you to see my homeworld. It's a very beautiful planet. Though right now the Sith have occupied it so soon wouldn't be a good idea. I have to get the Sith off my homeworld first."

Aaron Belargic
Apr 11th, 2003, 08:22:14 AM
“Maybe you could petition to get help from the Council, to help in liberating your planet?”

Shandri La
Apr 11th, 2003, 08:26:13 AM
"I guess I could do that. Though I don't want anyone to be killed. But I wouldn't know the first thing to say to the Council about it. My ppl are peaceful and well, when the Sith came, they didn't raise a hand to stop them from taking over. What the Sith want is the Treasure.

But really, why would the Council agree to help liberate a planet which willing accepted Sith rule?"

Aaron Belargic
Apr 11th, 2003, 08:33:47 AM
“If the people of the planet were being hurt or threatened in anyway, the Jedi would want to end that… otherwise, I don’t know. It just seems unlikely that people would knowingly welcome Sith… perhaps they have some form of mind control over them.”

Shandri La
Apr 11th, 2003, 08:38:41 AM
"No, my ppl are willing to accept any form of rule over them if they think that it will cause less killing to just accept then to fight. Truthfully, I'm the closest thing they have to a military. I carry around a small dagger with me most of the time. Though I wouldn't be surprised if my ppl are being harmed by Sith rule. Especially since I'm not there to give them the Treasure.

But again, I wouldn't know what to say to the Council about this matter."

Aaron Belargic
Apr 11th, 2003, 08:40:46 AM
“… Well if you ever want to go talk to them about it, I’ll come with you.”

Shandri La
Apr 11th, 2003, 08:43:24 AM
"I would appreciate that. Perhaps after I get a clearer idea of the situation back home, I will go and talk to the Council about it."

Hayes Muirso
Apr 11th, 2003, 09:19:11 AM
(OOC: delete this)

Aaron Belargic
Apr 11th, 2003, 09:20:05 AM
Downing some more of his juice, Aaron nods.

“… What do you say to getting something to eat? My stomachs growling.”

Shandri La
Apr 12th, 2003, 09:50:30 AM
"Sounds like a good idea to me. And to be truthful, my stomachs growling slightly as well."

Aaron Belargic
Apr 12th, 2003, 10:06:10 AM
As if it had heard their words, the little droid from earlier returned – with two little menus propped up upon its tray. Aaron smiled as he took them, handing Shandri hers as he browsed over some of the food on offer today.

“Hmhmhm… what to get.”

Shandri La
Apr 12th, 2003, 10:11:56 AM
Taking the menu that Aaron offered her, she starts to look at it. A slight frown crosses her face as she realizes that she doesn't know what most of this stuff is.

"Since I picked the drink Aaron, I'll let you pick the meal."

Shandri closes the menu and puts it on the table.

Aaron Belargic
Apr 14th, 2003, 01:06:55 PM
"I’ve heard good things about the steak dinner," Aaron said with a small smile, as he watched Shandri.

"How about that?"

Shandri La
Apr 14th, 2003, 03:37:47 PM
"Sounds good to me Aaron. I've only had steak on a couple of odd occasions."

Shandri returns Aarons smile with one of her own, her brown hair framing her pale face.

Aaron Belargic
Apr 15th, 2003, 03:03:38 AM
Giving a small nod down at the mech droid, Aaron grinned.

"Two steak dinners, R2."

As the bot rolled away, the Jedi looked back to his companion for the day.

"You know, I’m glad we did this. I really enjoy your company."

Shandri La
Apr 15th, 2003, 09:14:26 AM
"I'm glad as well. Not only am I getting a steak dinner, but I'm also getting to spend some wonderful time with such a wonderful person."

Aaron Belargic
Apr 16th, 2003, 12:13:19 PM
Aaron’s cheeks reddened ever so slightly.

“You can spend time with me any time you want,” the Jedi said with a giddy little smile.

Shandri La
Apr 17th, 2003, 08:14:44 AM
Noticing Aarons cheeks redden slightly, though she's kind enough not to mention it, she takes a sip of her drink and smiles in return to Aarons giddy little smile.

"And you can spend time with me any time you want as well. I enjoy being with you.

Though, I do have one question. How can I tell you and Lord Dasquian apart?"

Aaron Belargic
Apr 17th, 2003, 08:23:06 AM
“A few little things…”

Aaron pointed at his eyes, widening one slightly – it was sharp blue. Dasquian’s were violet.

“He dresses like a Council member, too. Always very regal in plush velveteen tunics. I suppose I just like to dress a little more ready for combat.”

As Shandri set her drink down, she found that Aaron’s hand was touching hers for a moment.

“I don’t think Dasquian will be quite so eager to see you as I am.”

Shandri La
Apr 17th, 2003, 08:35:38 AM
Now it was her turn to blush slightly, though it could easily be passed off as her just getting a bit on the warm side.

"Why would you be eager to see me?"

Shandri questions Aaron more to find out what his responce to it would be then anything else.

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 17th, 2003, 08:44:09 AM
[ delete me :uhoh ]

Aaron Belargic
Apr 17th, 2003, 08:44:45 AM
With another smile, Aaron shrugged his shoulders lightly.

“I like talking to you. I like you.”

Shandri La
Apr 18th, 2003, 09:32:39 AM
Letting a smile dance across her face, she looks at Aaron.

"Even though I don't have much to say?"

Shandri takes a sip of her drink again.

"I like you as well Aaron."

Aaron Belargic
Apr 19th, 2003, 02:25:15 AM
Aaron was about to say something when a waitress – this time human – interrupted by placing down their meals on the table in front of them. She smiled cheerily and took the credit chit Aaron fumbled into her hands. There was a delicious aroma coming from the meal, which was steeped with vegetables (potatoes and the like) around the steak itself, which looked as though it would take a lot to eat whole.

Shandri La
Apr 19th, 2003, 08:36:28 AM
Smiling and nodding her thanx to the waitress, she wait for Aaron to pay before she takes a small bite from the huge meal, secretly hoping that Aaron won't mind if she eats slowly so she can finish the meal since it's larger then what she was expecting. After the waitress had left, she looks at Aaron, a smile on her face.

Aaron Belargic
Apr 19th, 2003, 02:25:52 PM
As carefully as possible, Aaron cut into the steak. One of the last things he wanted to do now was become clumsy and embarrass himself, and so he made sure he only took small morsels at a time.

“This is really good,” he said as he swallowed down a piece.

Whilst eating, he tried to come up with something clever or witty to say, but was failing at thinking on his feet.

Shandri La
Apr 20th, 2003, 10:36:09 AM
Eating in silence for a little while, taking only small bites of her meal, she looks at Aaron, a smile upon her face. It was only just a few hours ago that both were lonely in a crowd of ppl, now here they are together, enjoying each others company, and neither of them it seems quite knows what to say. She laughs softly for a moment at that thought.

Aaron Belargic
Apr 27th, 2003, 03:28:01 AM
The astuteness Aaron possessed in the Force gave him a small amount of insight into others thoughts. Right now, he was feeling Shandri’s from her and in turn, without releasing, transferring his own fondness for into across the mental link.

Shandri La
Apr 27th, 2003, 08:50:12 AM
After several more moments of eating in silence, a smile still on her face, she pauses in her eating.

"I have to say, you've got a good taste in food. I haven't had a steak this good in ages. Thank-you very much for choosing this splended dinner."

Aaron Belargic
May 9th, 2003, 12:21:32 PM
Aaron looked down at his plate. There was a lot left, but for some reason he didn’t feel hungry anymore. He set down his knife and fork, and took a drink, before looking to the side – out of the window.

“Looks like it’s starting to rain… I guess we won’t get to have that walk today.”

Shandri La
May 9th, 2003, 01:03:06 PM
"Says who Aaron? A little rain never hurt me before. Sure it'll make my dress go a bit see through while it's wet, but I'm not worried. Especially since you would be there to protect me if anyone tried to take advantage of the fact that I'm wearing white."

Shandri sets her fork and knife down when she sees that Aaron has. As she looks at Aaron, the smile on her face gets bigger as her thoughts think of possible futures for her, though a very likely one would be her getting killed when her King finds out that she hasn't followed his orders the way she knows he ment them.

"Aaron, no matter what happens, I will always be fond of you. And yes, I know we have just met."