PDA

View Full Version : Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 8th, 2003, 12:26:57 AM
The official trailer came out today it looks good for a popcorn summer film. It stars Johnny Deep, Orlando Bloom, and Geofrey Rush.
here is the trailer

http://disney.go.com/disneypictures/pirates/#

You have to select go to preview to view it

Figrin D'an
Apr 8th, 2003, 12:46:09 AM
I saw the trailer on TV yesterday... surprisingly, it look like it could be a decent "check your brain at the door" adventure movie. I'm willing to give it chance.

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 8th, 2003, 01:02:15 AM
Orlando Bloom? Check your brains at the door, but bring your hormones entact!! :D

Merrick
Apr 8th, 2003, 01:04:38 AM
I dont post in threads about movies all to much (Sieken here) but i would say tha the trailer very good. Johnney Depp is one of my fav actors and with Orlando Bloome, action and some comedey Depp brings to the movie it would seem quite a good movie.

Figrin D'an
Apr 8th, 2003, 01:07:26 AM
Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville
Orlando Bloom? Check your brains at the door, but bring your hormones entact!! :D

That's the kind of reaction to this film I was expecting ... >_<

Watch the pervy elf fancier/Legolas-loving crowd flock to this one in droves... :rolleyes

I've got news for you, ladies... he doesn't have long blonde hair or pointy ears in this one...

Shawn
Apr 8th, 2003, 01:12:36 AM
"intact". [/nitpick]

I won't be seeing this one. I'm a fan of Johnny Depp and I wouldn't mind seeing Orlando Bloom in some more movies, but the subject matter doesn't interest me.

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 8th, 2003, 01:17:23 AM
Well I have always like pirates and such so I will probably go see it, it might be fun.

imported_J'ktal Anajii
Apr 8th, 2003, 02:15:17 AM
Finally, a pirate move that has the definite chance of not sucking! I'm there!

That, and Pirates of the Caribbean is one of my favorite things at Disneyland, so naturally I'm attracted to this movie.

ReaperFett
Apr 8th, 2003, 02:36:59 AM
Is it rated Arrrrrr?

:)

Im not that intrested to be honest. From now any, any moving involving Bloom will look to me like they're trying to get girls watching, until he actually does some good acting :)

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 8th, 2003, 03:11:37 AM
Ha. I will be so there.

(no suprise ;))

... nah but seriously, I do think it looks alright :) Will check it out at the movies

jjwr
Apr 8th, 2003, 06:36:21 AM
Orlando Bloom! That'll be enough for me, Legolas is still my favorite character from LoTR and Bloom looks like he'll be a fun actor to follow(like Heath Ledger) so hopefully he'll have a good part and make this movie fun too!

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 8th, 2003, 11:42:46 AM
I like Johnny Deep as well he can be good sometimes. Also does anybody know that the girl playing the female lead played one of Padme's handmaiden's in TPM.

Taataani Meorrrei
Apr 8th, 2003, 01:05:43 PM
Looks half decent. Half.

I'll rent it or something.

ReaperFett
Apr 8th, 2003, 01:06:15 PM
Yes, and she looks the dead spit. She played the decoy.

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
Apr 8th, 2003, 02:23:29 PM
looks cool to me, prolly will see it if time allows.....stupid work.....

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 8th, 2003, 02:45:15 PM
You know I was only half serious. :rolleyes

I love piratey movies! :D I'm with Sejah on this one. :) And Orlando looks much better without the pointy ears and with his dark hair. So :mneh!

ReaperFett
Apr 8th, 2003, 02:52:38 PM
I cant think of many Pirate movies aside from the Muppets one :)

Ariel Kendryck
Apr 8th, 2003, 02:54:55 PM
Hook? :mneh

ReaperFett
Apr 8th, 2003, 02:56:15 PM
Id only watch that to try and see the George Lucas cameo :)

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 8th, 2003, 09:14:32 PM
There have been a lot of pirates movies just not too many recently the best occured in the 30-60's there was one with Errol Flynn in it, can't think of the name that is concidered a classic.

Saccharine Jones
Apr 8th, 2003, 09:25:52 PM
Oh man, I think this will be a great fun movie to see. This was my favorite ride at Disneyplanned as well, since I was 5 or so. :)

Looks to be a fun movie.

*shares drool bucket with LD* Ignore the jealous boys, chiquita. We shall fend them off. :D

Lilya Goldberry
Apr 8th, 2003, 09:29:32 PM
Wow looks good, but Johnny Depp has too much eyeliner on! :lol

(and I agree with LD, Orlando looks hot with-out the blonde wig and pointy ears)

Sanis Prent
Apr 8th, 2003, 09:32:37 PM
I like Orlando as a corpse in Mogadishu....HAWT! :D

Saccharine Jones
Apr 8th, 2003, 09:39:40 PM
You are a punk.

*spanks Charley*

There. I feel better now.

... I didn't think he died in the movie? I thought he just broke his back?

Sanis Prent
Apr 8th, 2003, 09:45:02 PM
Yeah...just THINK he survived that fall...silly girl :)

Saccharine Jones
Apr 8th, 2003, 10:27:02 PM
*pout*

I'll nurse him back to health. :P

...but seriously, doesn't he? I thought there was mention of "I talked to Blackburn the other day..." at the end of the movie?

Sanis Prent
Apr 8th, 2003, 10:44:32 PM
...I can't remember :)

Saccharine Jones
Apr 8th, 2003, 11:21:06 PM
Riiiight. :mneh

Oh well, I'd still willingly view his piratey self. Over. And over. And over.

Sejah Haversh
Apr 9th, 2003, 12:34:14 AM
The Sea Hawk is the title of the Flynn movie, I believe.

And, pirate movies just rock, though none can hold a candle to the great "Pirates of Penzance" starring Kevin Cline and Angela Lansbury. That is the best pirate flick ever made.

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 9th, 2003, 01:53:51 AM
Haven't seen.

My brother wrote a hilarious review of Treasure Planet, comparing it to Muppets Treasure Island. He thought Treasure Planet didn't have enough piratey songs. :)

Pirates appeal to the romantic in us all. Or not, as the case may be. And I dont' mean mushy romantic, I mean swashbuckling, life on the high seas, not a care in the world and a woman in every port. That sort of romantic life. :)

ReaperFett
Apr 9th, 2003, 04:43:41 AM
If he died in BHD, he's a talking corpse :)

Saccharine Jones
Apr 9th, 2003, 09:25:41 AM
Well, that may fit in with the movie yet. ;)

Kale
Apr 9th, 2003, 08:49:05 PM
Ooooh, better far to live and die,
Under the brave black flag I fly,
Than to play a sanctimonious part
With a pirate head and a pirate heart!

Away to the cheating world go you,
Where pirates all are well-to-do,
But I'll be true to the song I sing
And live and die a pirate king!

For I am a pirate king!
And it is, it is, a glorious thing to be a pirate king,
Oh, I am a pirate king! You are, hurrah for the pirate king!
And it is, it is, a glorious thing to be a pirate king.
It is, hurrah for the pirate king, hurrah for the pirate king!

More verses available on demand!

Anyhoo, I haven't heard much about this movie other than what I saw in the preview before Two Towers. But then, if it's not Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, or Star Trek, I'm usually out of the cinematic loop until things come out on video.

Kale, who moonlights as one of the Pirates of Penzance

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 9th, 2003, 10:44:47 PM
I didn't realize you were talking about BHD yes he lived just got paralized not sure how bad it was but he did survive.

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 10th, 2003, 01:10:48 AM
BHD? Is this a new secret code? What movie are you guys talking about?

ReaperFett
Apr 10th, 2003, 01:42:30 AM
Black Hawk Down

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 10th, 2003, 02:00:37 AM
HE WAS IN THAT!? HOW COME I DON"T REMEMBER HIM AUGH I MUST WATCH IT AGAIN!

I think I vaugely remember him being in it, but I don't REALLY remember. I remember Ewan was in it...right?

ReaperFett
Apr 10th, 2003, 04:05:26 AM
Yes :)

Bloom was the young one that cant use rope ;)

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 10th, 2003, 12:19:01 PM
I must watch it again.

My roommate thinks I watch too much blood and gore. I rented The Way of the Gun because I haven't seen it and she didn't like it. Ah well.

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
Apr 10th, 2003, 12:28:58 PM
:lol my mother is the same way, she says to me "Why don't you watch a nice romantic *wince* comedy? Too much *wince* blood and gore in this."

ReaperFett
Apr 10th, 2003, 01:47:59 PM
Did you like WOTG LD? :)

Sanis Prent
Apr 10th, 2003, 01:58:47 PM
I've been on a war movie binge for spring break. I need inspiration, and I'm catching up for not being able to see my favorites in a while. So in the past few days, its been:

We Were Soldiers
Band of Brothers
Platoon
Apocalypse Now: Redux
Hart's War
The Deer Hunter

And tomorrow I'll go rent:
Full Metal Jacket
Black Hawk Down OR Hamburger Hill OR Thin Red Line OR Patton

Admiral Lebron
Apr 10th, 2003, 02:40:54 PM
Don't get thin red line...

I'd say Windtalkers and Midway or 1941.

ReaperFett
Apr 10th, 2003, 03:01:11 PM
I liked Windtalkers :)

Sanis Prent
Apr 10th, 2003, 03:01:48 PM
I have seen Thin Red Line, and enjoy it for its cinematographic storytelling.

Its far superior to Windtalkers or 1941, and about par with Midway

Fett, you're the only person I've talked to who's liked that one.

Admiral Lebron
Apr 10th, 2003, 03:01:59 PM
So did I... it was cool. Especially when he used the sword...

AmazonBabe
Apr 10th, 2003, 03:09:24 PM
Is it rated Arrrrrr?

:lol:lol

I shoulda seen that one coming!

As for me, I'll definitely go see the movie. I've always been fascinated by pirates, and this movie looks decent enough to pay for a matinee showing of it.

Besides, part of me keeps hoping they make a reference, in some way or another, to dinosaurs/Jurassic Park, kinda like when Malcom in JP said, "Yeah, but John... when the Pirates of the Caribbean breaks down, the pirates don't eat the tourists!" Yes, it's a long shot... but it'd be funny as heck! :lol

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 10th, 2003, 07:51:44 PM
Bloom had a short part after he fell off the rope he didn't really show up again they put him in a jeep and got him back to the front lines.

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 10th, 2003, 07:54:25 PM
AB that's my favorite line from JP. :D

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 10th, 2003, 09:56:14 PM
It was one of mine too, though just about all of Malcom's lines are classic.

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 10th, 2003, 10:24:38 PM
:D And Fett, yes I liked TWoTG. Not my FAVORITE, because I'm a sucker for happy endings, but it was enjoyable.

ReaperFett
Apr 11th, 2003, 09:13:44 AM
Good good. I loved it :)

Jims Apprentice
Apr 11th, 2003, 12:14:30 PM
I've seen the trailer but I've still got no clue what it's about, other than pirates in the carribean. Might see it.

I've been sort of tentative about choosing movies since I saw 'Gods and Generals'. That movie sucked time out of my schedule, and I want it back! :verymad

Lady Vader
Apr 11th, 2003, 01:43:50 PM
AB that's my favorite line from JP. :D

:D:D
It was one of mine too, though just about all of Malcom's lines are classic.

Amen to that! :rollin

"Oh yeah... ooooh, aaaah... that's how it always starts... but then later there's running... then screaming."

I actually got to meet Jeff Goldblum when I went to an award ceromony for Steven Spielberg. OMG, that man is a womanizer (Goldblum, not Spielberg)! He had me eatting out of his hand practically!! But, ya know, he's really VERY down to earth and real. Very nice guy. :)

Sanis Prent
Apr 11th, 2003, 03:42:32 PM
I prefer Jeff Goldblum in SNL Celebrity Jeopardy (aka David Duchovny)

James Prent
Apr 11th, 2003, 10:28:14 PM
:lol That was a classic. :)

Mu Satach
Apr 15th, 2003, 06:09:47 PM
I think I'm going to be seeing el Pirate movie... some of Depp's lines cracked me up in the trailer.

PS - For you Way of the Gun people... that was filmed here, it's funny to watch and see them talking about being in New Mexico and seeing all the SLC buildings.

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 15th, 2003, 09:05:19 PM
Interesting. :) Sort of like how in The Hunted, which was filmed in Portland, they have the MAX going down the middle of a bridge that the MAX train doesn't run on. :)

Mu Satach
Apr 16th, 2003, 07:05:02 PM
I've been on the MAX! Rode on it from the convention center to old town... crazy night. I was staying at the Red Lion right there on the river by the bridge it runs on.

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 17th, 2003, 08:44:42 AM
I've been on it once. ^_^; Managed not to get lost, too.

Sejah Haversh
Apr 20th, 2003, 11:47:59 PM
Okay, after seeing the new theatrical trailer for this piratey flick, I hereby deem it to look, "Absofreakinglutely awesometacular"

And I am going to see it. Boo-yah.

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 21st, 2003, 12:31:29 AM
Mitch, I have to agree with you. :D :crack Wild horses couldn't keep me away. Hugh Jackman with a rose couldn't keep....

...well let's not get carried away..^_^;

;)

The trailer was freaking awesome. I'm entranced....and I'm ready for a pirate movie that is actually cool. :)

ReaperFett
Apr 21st, 2003, 12:35:09 AM
Muppets Treasure Island!

Sejah Haversh
Apr 21st, 2003, 12:10:07 PM
Dude, Fett, don't be hatin'!

I mean, the Muppets can have a Treasure Island if they want. So what if it was a bit lame and not too terribly funny. It was still enjoyable.

Though zombie pirates would have made it ten times better.

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 21st, 2003, 02:59:24 PM
Muppets Treasure Island is great! For a muppet pirate movie, that is.

I heard that Treasure Planet needed more pirate songs... :p But I can't think of another, recent, pirate movie!

Wasn't there one with a woman as the pirate captain? I can't remember the name of it. ANd lets not forget the Princess Bride, which doesn't really have any pirates in it, except for the Dread Pirate Roberts.

The Curse of the Black Pearl should be a great time at the movies, I really can't wait. This is a good year for movies. :D

Sejah Haversh
Apr 21st, 2003, 03:36:51 PM
Cutthroat Island was the name of the flick you're thinking of. IT wasn't great, but wasn't bad either.

And, The Princess Bride doesn't quite fit in the area of Pirate movies. Though it is awesome.

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 21st, 2003, 04:24:33 PM
...I know, but they *mentioned* pirates in PB....:p

Now I want to have a pirate movie marathon. :(

ReaperFett
Apr 21st, 2003, 04:33:01 PM
Hook and Peter Pan had pirates :)