PDA

View Full Version : Conversations with Ghosts

DarthHERA
Apr 7th, 2003, 11:54:53 PM
<u> 2 WEEKS AGO - TATOOINE </u>

"The Spitting Asp"

The table erupted in bawdy laughter and Hera slammed her tankard of ale down to the table, spilling some of it and adding even more to the spirit of drunken celebration.

Sitting with her was an ugly looking Trandoshan and an even uglier looking human. They both were characteristically the type of patrons one would expect to find in a sleezy establishment as the "Spitting Asp" here on Tatooine. Hera normally would have looked quite out of place - but not now. She was dressed shabbily and was as loud and abrassive as the motely band over in the corner trying to pass off some screeching metal strings and some tin-can drums as music.

She had been sitting at cups now for 3 hours enduring this racket but atleast her companions were well and truly sauced. They quite failed to see she wasnt anywhere near as drunk as she led them to believe.

"And so..." she said in between sniggers and snorts and ingestion of beer, "...his girlfriend wears armor?"

"yeah she does - like a Boba Fett wannabe.." again gales of laughter.
The drunkards were quite bold and forthcoming with the facts Hera sought - mainly because they knew Mockadane and none of his cronies were about, and also because Hera was doing a mind trick on them and causing their tongues to know no restraint.

"And I bet you can get that crap at any street vendor huh?"

"...well...imitation stuff..sure.... But Mock's woman has the real thing...Wonder if she locks it! ahahhha!..." he nudged Hera roughly to emphasise his joke.

"Yeah..." Hera laughed, but not quite as uproariously as before. She'd heard enough and it was time to leave. Standing up, she kept the jig going and staggered away from the table. She left plenty of credits to cover all the beer and then some...those fella's would be bringing up the sun before the creds ran out.

Exiting into the Tatooine heat, Hera's luminescent blue eyes glinted with satisfaction.

2 HOURS PRIOR TO DOCKING AT THE SEECH

Aboard the Smuggling Transport, the "Accadia" Hera waited amongst the crates and hoverpods that were brining the supplies to the Illussive Seech. Probably feed for those cursed yslarimi's she thought dourly.

She had been on board a whole day and a night, hiding, waiting for the transport to make its way through the Asteroid Field as it usually did and dock. the Accadia did a regular stock run out to the way station and onward to the Seech once a month, and as Hera's informants 2 weeks ago on Tatooine so correctly advised her, had minimal security checks at the departure terminal. Getting on board had been a peice of cake.

She looked down at the armor and helmet bundled at her feet. Getting off-board should be a peice of cake too.

Checking her wrist-chrono, Hera noted that Jaslin Fett should just about be walking into the "Strathonian Cafe" on Bakers Street in KUAT to meet Cyrus about now. Expecting a Mr. Sebastian Franklin Finmore to meet her and give her details on a substantial bounty he wished to hire her for.

A smile crept across her lips....

As she waited for Cyrus's confirmation that Jaslin was there, Hera realised her visit with Mockadane was not far off now..

Gunthar Chase
Apr 8th, 2003, 11:33:53 PM
The asteroid belt was in its second cycle, hurtling through a part of the universe that brought it close to the Hapan cluster. The tenuous hold that the two stars held on the asteroid field was like a cosmic tug of war. Neither of them gaining an advantage, keeping its trajectory ever present on its course. Although the asteroid belt was locked into a cosmic vortex it still took four years for the Seech to pass through the same part of space that it had been at before. This one advantage was key in the secrecy of the Seech’s position.

Gunthar stared out the magnetic field the kept the merciless space from rushing in. A wide variety of ships and beings worked hurriedly loading and unloading cargo. The wining electronics of worker droids, machines built specifically built for loading and unloading cargo was ever present in his ear. Staring out at the aurora borealis effect that always appeared well passing through this part of space, Gunthar noticed he wasn’t the only one of the hanger bays present inhabitants that saw the beauty before them.

Turning from the image Gunthar glanced lazily at his com-pad. The mundane day to day working of the Seech was going as planned, so he decided to retire to his office.

imported_Cyrus Haman
Apr 9th, 2003, 10:30:12 PM
Kuat

His neck popped.

Damn...I gotta tell Nass t'be careful next time. I'm not that flexible.

Sebastian Franklin Finmore sat in 'Strathonian Cafe', sipping a glass of water. The place looked good, better than th'previous owner Kimiiki Crei. Finmore was impressed by it.

He leaned back in his chair and kept sipping his drink.

Now...where is he?

DarthHERA
Apr 10th, 2003, 05:18:52 PM
Stretching and bending in what Hera felt was a restrictive set of "armor," she grumbled inwardly that maybe she had just gotten it too small. It was probably just a matter of getting used to it, but still, it felt strange.

And it wasnt really armor per se' - atleast not to what Hera considered armor. It was more a protective vest, thick clothing and a helmet...that really didnt protect as much as it hid the wearer. Finding these items had been immensely difficult.

There was scarce information on bounty hunters such as Jaslin Fett. The better they were, the less an information trail could be attached to them...no living witnesses from encounters with her would probably explain this. Dead men tell no tales, as the saying goes.

But with a vague survellance print of Jaslin, compliments of the Hutts, Hera was able to aquire an excellent imitation of her trademark armor.

She brought the material veil across her face, clipping it snuggly to the facet on the helmets rim, leaving only her distincive luminescent blue eyes visible. Taking a small compact from her pack, Hera took two deep blue-hued eye contacts from it and popped them into her eyes.

Tucking her blaster up into her leather forearm holster underneath her sleeve, Hera then clipped on her blaster belt and checked yet again her chrono.

....Still no transmission from Cyrus...

Hera scowled behind the veil. It would make her task so much trickier if Jaslin had remained aboard the Seech. Tricky, but not impossible. Hera would just have to be ready to improvise, even more than she already was.

As the odd expanse of meteor and structure loomed before her from a small portal window in the cargo bay, she looked on, intruiged at her first glimpse of the very illusive domain of the Bounty Hunter, Mockadane.

Dark blue eyes showed no expression, but stared forward, while inwardly Hera mulled over the questions she would find satisfaction to once she had Mockadane alone. Again, an annoyed sigh that Cyrus hadnt called.. There would be no more of Mockadane's vague hints and hedgy replies. She was here for some straight talk. And he would be a smart man not to play his usual games.

Docking claxons sounded as the "Accadia" locked into its port bay and a gentle rock of the deck beneath her feet told her they had arrived.

Looking as a mirror image of the woman she was impersonating, Hera touched her blasters, just as a matter of rechecking.

"Places, everyone" she joked to nobody.

ooc: Cyrus, Jaslin is a "she", but you probly know that :)

Jaslin Fett
Apr 12th, 2003, 10:05:08 AM
Jaslin had been called out to check a substantial bounty. The message had arrived under somewhat mysterious circumstances, but then they all did. Bounty Hunters were not usually approached in an open manner. Her voice muttered softly into the com that was hidden in her helmet, the surrounding people took no notice of her low tones. Juju however received her transmission loud and clear. He as always was close at hand awaiting her signal.

"They gave me a description of the person I am to meet. I have spotted him sitting at a table, I see no visible signs of anyone watching him. But that does not mean he came alone." Jaslin gave a slight nod that she knew her brother could see.

Stepping forward, her hand firmly on the blaster at her hip, Jaslin greeted the man. She had no worries about being ambushed, Juju was a crack shot, and would take out anyone who showed any sign of aggression.

Her eyes were the only thing showing, crystal blue in color, and as hard as diamonds. "How can I help you??" She asked in low tones, assuming the man knew his job well enough to recognize who she was....

Juju Fett
Apr 12th, 2003, 11:05:28 AM
Juju's rare Mandalorian armor was swallowed by the dark inky shadows where he stood watch over his sister Jaslin. His high powered carbine seemed to lull as the "mark" came into view of the Micro-Scope that was mounted atop of the lethal weapon. Juju quickly reached to the setting dial to the side of the scope; refining the distant range view portal and bring the man's features in for a closer look. A diagnostic display screen within the scope gave off numeric readings as Juju honed in.

"I have him now...I'll cover you from here." Juju's voice seemed almost mechanical as it broke in over Jaslin's inner ear com.

Mockadane
Apr 14th, 2003, 12:09:37 AM
The Aqua-drone shower, That Mockadane purchaced on Mon Calamari , was an exquisite peice of architecture that relaxed and soothed the troubles of the galexy away. Drying himself and getting into his bed clothes, The big man checked the Data-logged entries on his personal compad before climbing into his plush bed and entered into the semi-peacefull state of sleep.... (All was well, or so the data screen displayed)

DarthHERA
Apr 14th, 2003, 11:17:03 PM
Heavy clangs banged loudly against the hull of the "Accadia" signalling the clamps that held the cargo port secure had locked in place and echoed throughout the hangar.

Hera leaned deep against the shadows of a huge crane within the hold and remained still.

Workmen swarmed into the cargo area, both from the decks above and through the now lowered loading ramp which bridged to the interior of Seech's loading bay.

Bent backs hard at their labor, minds focused on getting unloaded, getting paid and getting the hell out of the Asteroid belt provided the inattention required for Hera to slip obscurely from her concealment.

Cyrus had contacted her finally and assured her that Jaslin had come into the Strathonian Cafe - one obstical out of the way, Hera reflected.

Moving quietly, Hera passed from the recesses of the Accadia to the loading bay of the Seech, where once in the open, she walked with confidence and purpose.

As she walked to the turbolift, she noticed surprised glances and frowns of confusion as those of the Seech wondered why Jaslin was down there. She ignored their stares, giving the impression she was there for a reason and no one had better have the nerve to question her.

Stepping into the lift with her was a grease monkey who wiped his nose with his sleeve. With his other hand he pressed the floor he wished to go to. He waited for Jaslin to select hers. But as she just stood there, he hesitated.

"The Condo" Hera growled, a little indistinctly and with a jab of impatience, and the man's grime-smeared finger pressed the floor for her. Beneath her veil, Hera smiled. Jaslin was well respected and well feared here, obviously, and it couldn't have made things easier. Just as the doors closed, Hera saw what she took to be the foreman step out from his office, but only a glimpse and then her view was shortened to the inside of the lift doors as they joined shut.

Exiting the elevator after a short ascent, Hera was immediately presented with a sleek surfaced double entrance door, a small code panel at its side. Taking a small slender case from her belt, she selected a three-pronged tool, hairs-breadth thin with tiny pinheads on each.

Careful to hide the delicate instrument in her palm and positioning her body to hide what she was doing from any survellience vids, she inserted the fine wires into the grid. Then pressuring the other end just slightly, a short but high volt charge travelled the length of the wires and emitted from the pins. It was called a "smart-probe" and was designed to locate alarm and lock circuitry without disabling the whole mechanism altogether and thereby defeating the whole purpose of opening a locked door.

Upon hearing the faintest "fffft" the lock/alarm circuit was interupted and the door to Mockadanes Condo slid silently open. Hera stepped, as if an apparition, to the apartment within as the doors slid shut behind her.

Mockadane
Apr 16th, 2003, 12:10:04 AM
Mockadane stirred in the darkness, eyes opening slightly as if in protest of being shut. The slight annoyance of what he thought was an unsettling dream did little to persuade him to get up. Rolling over in his bed, the welcomed softness of his pillows soon cast him back into slumber.

DarthHERA
Apr 18th, 2003, 02:09:29 AM
It took a few moments for her eyes to adjust to the dark interior of the condo. She stood still against the wall, economically using the time to both listen and look about her and all the while gain her bearings. There was no movement whatever, yet it had that strange atmosphere of a place that was occupied. You couldnt see anyone, but you knew you werent alone.

Slowly the gradient shadows evolved into furninture, wall corners and, aided by the glow of soft lighting deeper inside the apartment, she was able to navigate out a safe and blunder-free route across the spacious living area to the sleeping quarters beyond. On the bedroom wall, resting in a mounted rack, Hera recognised the Bastard Sword that belonged to the Bounty Hunter and knew beyond doubt who it was that was slightly snoring beneath the covers.

The deep rythmic sound of Mockadane's breathing as he slept made Hera smile. .....awww....how sweet..

Her vision was quite good now. There was enough light that even details of the furniture could be made out. Mock liked things lavish, Hera noticed, and he had taste...some very hefty antiquities adorned his little hideaway. She resisted the urge to touch things.

Perching herself to half-sit, half-lean on the table beside the bed, her blaster resting nonchalantly in her hand across her lap, her veil still in place......Hera watched his handsome face as he slept for a few moments..decided it was time to play.

Prodding the bulky bedding that covered the Bounty Hunter's sleeping form in cozy bliss, Hera rudely nudged Mock to wakefulness with her boot.

As he lifted his drowsy head, the confusion at seeing Jaslin there was quite apparent in the squinty, bleary eyes of broken sleep. She could see him trying to wrap his mind around the reality of what he was seeing, when somewhere back deep under snow-drifts of his interupted slumber he knew it wasn't quite right.

"Mock, honey. I want to get married."

Mockadane
Apr 21st, 2003, 05:17:21 PM
The Big Man usually slept lightly, with certain exceptions ofcource. Within the confines of the Illusive Seech Mockadane felt safe, and therefor... waking from the deep slumber in this manner was a bit shocking.

The blaster, the words spoken, and the breech in protocol swarmed inside His head like a raging river untill they subsided into small trickles of reasoning. Feining wearyness, Mockadane reached out slowly...

"Jaslin.... come here, lets talk about us ."

DarthHERA
Apr 21st, 2003, 10:06:39 PM
She allowed Mockadane to tug her forward, the blaster held loosly in her hand.

Hera crawled forward to clamber onto the burly hunter, smiling eyes careful not to make full contact with his as he reclined back once more. She snuggled against him, the warmth of his blanket ensconced body permeating even through the layers of bedding against her arms and legs.

Propping her elbows on either side of his head, as he lay back against the pillows, she drooped the blaster to trace the side of his face gently.

"Yes...lets talk about us.."

The other hand moved to take hold of the covers and Hera pushed them down slightly to uncover his chest. And then she started to chuckle, her body shaking with low laughter. Lifting her head, she grinned under the veil.

"Are you......wearing pyjamas??"

As Mock roughly pushed her off him in irritation, Hera's laughter increased as she rolled onto her back and slapped her leg.

Forgetting the pretence of being Jaslin, the Sith Smuggler spoke in a throaty cackle.

"So much for my image of you in all that black leather!"

Mockadane
Apr 22nd, 2003, 07:09:09 PM
Snuggling close to her, one hand ran from her mid thigh upwards, softly carressing the womans fit form. Stopping just short of encompassing her breast with his hand as he spoke... "Well... thats was my reaction when you bought them for me," The grip of the blaster that was momentarily forgotten about now resting firmly in Mockadanes hand.

The buisness end of the blaster pointed inexorably toward the female, "By the way, Where did you tell me you picked these up?" .... "Honney!"

imported_Cyrus Haman
Apr 22nd, 2003, 08:10:19 PM
"Hmm?" Haman looked up at the woman standing in front of him.

He was impressed. She had nice eyes and a few other assets t'go along with it.

"Yeah, I actually have a job for ya," he said, pulling a cigarre from his pocket, then lighting it up.

"I need someone hunted down. I was wonderin if you could help me with it."

DarthHERA
Apr 22nd, 2003, 08:29:24 PM
"Pfft" Hera waved her hand dismissively, "details."

She released the blaster into Mockadane's hand, pulling him closer to her, the wide grin still holding beneath her veil.

"...Is that what you really want to do right now -discuss when's and where's?"

Mockadane
Apr 22nd, 2003, 11:54:36 PM
The slight smell if lilacs in bloom wafted from this person laying half under Mockadane. The scent was intoxicating, to say the least. The urge to continue this rendevous was broken only by the thought that when Jaslin donned her armor she was all buisness. She was aware that the slightest smell could give away her position, and therefor did not wear pefume while on the job.

This smell wafted into The mercinaries memory at a point when He held Hera to him as she disarmed an explosive that she had so cleaverly planted on his person using much the same technique this female used now.

Quckly, the Big Man reached up and forcibly removed the helmet, showing the blonde locks of hair and Hera's face.

The blaster pressed against the womans side... " Yes, as a matter of fact I do!"

Mockadanes eyes narrowed..."How is it that your here.... and why the HECK DONT I HERE MY INTRUDER ALERT CLAXON'S RINGING?"

Jaslin Fett
Apr 24th, 2003, 09:22:48 PM
Jaslin watched with an unfriendly scowl behind her veil as his eyes roamed over her tightly clad figure. She was not unused to the attention but she was never one to be pleased by it when doing business.

"I need someone hunted down. I was wonderin if you could help me with it."

She cocked her head to the side, her fingers trailing a small path over the handle of her blaster. Her eyes remained impassive.

"I see, would you like to give me a few more details? Or do you want me to guess?" Came her short reply....

DarthHERA
Apr 25th, 2003, 07:50:22 PM
Mockadanes eyes narrowed..."How is it that your here.... and why the HECK DONT I HERE MY INTRUDER ALERT CLAXON'S RINGING?"

Hera rolled her eyes, wide and innocent, from side to side and cocked her head slightly as if straining to listen...

"Maybe you need to update....I can help you with that. ShadowFaene carries all the latest gizmos and gadgets. Your stuffs crap."

Dropping her eyes once more to meet Mocks gaze she smiled sweetly, her features now free of the obstructing disguise. She ran one hand along his shoulder and up the back of his neck. Though he was quite threatening with the blaster, Hera didnt think he would shoot her unless she gave him good reason....Even though some people may consider stealing onto one's secret base, breaking into their apartment, imitating their lover and crawling into their bed would be a good reason to shoot somebody, Hera was certain Mockadane would atleast want to know what she was doing there, before he did anything so drastic. She stretched her fingers upward to weave them lightly through his hair.

"So...just stopping with the helmet are you?"

In answer, Mockadane buried the muzzle of the blaster deeper under her ribcage and gave her a threatening glare.

Hera dropped her hand, and dropped the bedroom voice as well.

"Fine" she said and roughly wriggled herself up to a sitting position, like a pouting child.

"I didn't come here to make trouble" She began, and then paused, "Would you mind....?" She put a hand over his and adjusted the blaster to point away from her and over toward the wall, "Thanks"

"I came here to talk..To get you by yourself without grenades blowing up about my head, or Vampyres hovering about like vultures playing their mindgames, or your DOG barking at me. I just want to ask you some questions.... But first things first" and as she twisted out from under Mockadane completely, Hera looked over to the door.

"You got anything to eat? Im starving - Ive been holed up in a cargo deck for 24hours and all Ive had to eat is a poptart."

Mockadane
Apr 27th, 2003, 08:48:41 AM
"Something to eat... ?" Mockadane rose to his feet and walked over to a small archway that opened into another room. Turning the lights on in the condo He dissapeared into the kitchen area. Putting the blaster down on the counter the big man picked up a bowl of varios fresh fruits and a container of water and walked back into the bedroom turning away from Hera and moving through the doorway she had entered.

"here is something... " He placed them on a small table that set infront of a plush couch then turned to look back in the bedroom. "Your not eating in my bed... my dear!"

DarthHERA
Apr 27th, 2003, 06:19:13 PM
She strolled out of the bedroom, taking in the fruit bowl on the low table.

"Well..I was kinda hoping for pizza and beer, but this'll do."

She grabbed up a handful of seedless grapes and popped five of them all at once into her mouth. Chewing noisily, she then selected (after huming and hawing) a soft, fleshy nectarine.

Jumping butt-first onto the couch, she propped her booted feet comfortably on the table.

"You can keep the water though, " she managed between mouthfuls. "I got my own thirst-quencher."
Pulling out from the back of her utility belt, Hera untwisted the cap off a silver flask, which Mockadane recognised used to belong to him.

Hera eyed the bounty hunter, who til now had watched her in silence. He certainly was good to look at - if one ignored the ewok print jammies, that is. Pity he was one of those 'one-woman' guys. "Yep...a big pity" she murmered as she eyed him over the tilt of the silver flasks rim and guzzled the warm smooth rum.

Mockadane
Apr 28th, 2003, 11:13:11 PM
Watching Hera act like she hadn't a care in the world was a bit amusing. The way she presented herself in this situation would give any onlooker the impression that all was right in the universe,... but Mockadane knew better.

The amount of ysalamere that resided in the Seech blanketed the greater asteroid in the force empty bubble that negated the essences that Force users mainly used as a crutch. For one to maintain a normalcy in this domain, one would have to be used to their effect. This hinderance above all others would let Mockadane's crew have a leveled playing feild against any intruders.

The big man watched The girl place her booted feet on a table that cost half as much as her personal spacecraft. Slowly, The Mercinary Picked her feet up and placed a pillow under them.

"Pizza? Please.... why not milk fed veil? " Mock smiled widely... " With a virgin wine!"

DarthHERA
May 1st, 2003, 01:45:54 AM
The pillow now in place under her boots, Hera murmured an abscent-minded "thanks" - completely missing the bounty hunters point for putting it there.

"Im not big on wine" she remarked.

And, now looking up to meet Mockadane's eyes with a candid glance,

".....But my father was."

She screwed the cap back on the flask and tucked it back in its place on her utility belt, the whole while not taking her eyes off her host.

"But you knew that already, I assume."

Mockadane stood a moment, looking down at her, as the reason for Hera's visit now became apparent.

Mockadane
May 3rd, 2003, 01:21:56 AM
"Your father was well fashioned on a great many things ... as I recall." He looked over at Hera With a stern look at first then it softend. "He was a good friend to me..." His words trailed off in thought.

"Perhaps you'ld like to elaborate on how you got here before I call a lockdown on the station and have you tortured untill I find my answers?" Mockadane's words came out with a joking tone but a resounding meaning.

"Or mabey ... youve come to offer Me riches in exchange for information?" The big man smirked as he rounded the small table and set in an adjacent chair. "The possibility had crossed My mind that your here to kill Me, but I dont think that is your agenda at this time!" Picking up a small glass of wine he had poured, Mockadane sipped at it

"So youngster... what is your story?"

DarthHERA
May 3rd, 2003, 08:07:23 PM
Leaning back in the rich fabric of the couch, Hera looked down the length of her legs propped on the table, to Mockadane sitting opposite her. Dropping her feet so the toes of her boots fell to point east and west, she had him framed in a v-shaped-sight of polished boot leather.

"My story? Well - its a pretty short one: You tell me what I want to know, and I let you keep all your body parts in tact and functioning order." She punctuated her point with a wicked smile.

"But seeming as this is your place, and Im not in any kind of hurry, Ill answer your question first. I got here by walking in the back door."

She tugged at her protective vest. "Look familiar does it? Yeah, thats what your men thought too. I gotta say, your girlfriend commands a fair bit of respect around here. Which is convenient for me."

Hera got up now and strolled over to look at her reflection in a glass cabinet. Eyeing herself critically, she frowned. "I think this outfit makes my butt look big though." Shrugging dismissively, she turned back towards the bounty hunter, and pushing the pillow aside, took a seat on the table infront of him.

She scooched forward, placing her hands on his muscular thighs, her eyes glinted with mischief. "Did you really mean that about the torture thing?"

Mockadane
May 6th, 2003, 10:43:18 PM
The wave of confidence Hera permiated was, to say the least, admirable. Mockadane admired the arsenal of wheapons a woman had at her advantage without even lifting a wheapon or even speaking words. This trait was one of the downfalls of the universe, The Mercinary thought. The ability of females to use their soft, supple, succulent eyes to command Men is their greatest asset. This above all other powers in the Galexey will leave Men in a minority of power.

"Please.... your charms are being wasted on deaf ears and feelings Miss Drenkast !" The Big Man softly removed her hands and rolled them over and looked into her palms. "Wow !" Mockadane exclaimed as he looked from her palms to her face and back again slowly... "I see great things in your future!"

A mocking smirk played accross his face as he let go of he wrists... "Just kidding... I dont buy into that cr#@ either!"

"Perhaps instead of dismantling me you could come to a direct question, the one thaqt drove you to seek me out....?"

DarthHERA
May 10th, 2003, 01:43:40 AM
She took her hands back and looked a moment into them, as if double checking to make sure nothing of fate was to be seen in their lines. Deciding there was not, she moved on, taking no offence at Mockadane's continued declining of her offers for a cosier type of interaction. The man obviously had no idea what he was passing up on.

"Well, seeming as you're hell-bent on all business and no pleasure - let me get straight to the point.."

She straightened her back a little and looked the Bounty Hunter in the eye.

"Where is the Justice of Castor?"

The sword belonged to her father and disappeared the day he fell in battle protecting his King. If the man seated and now watching her keenly, was infact a friend of her fathers as he claimed, or at the least knew him - he would know to what she now referred and perhaps, just perhaps, he may know where it was.

++
"Justice of Castor" was a sword forged for Tubrak DrenKast by the famed Swordsmith Vito Es, who's work was so unique and so coveted throughout Kwaylon that he would craft weapons for only those he considered worthy.

Vito began smithing as a boy of age 5 and over the years perfected his art to such a degree that he was appointed to the Royal staff of the Zaria Tor's.

His swords were precious not simply for their quality alone, but held a certain prestige value. Vito Es was blind - gouged his eyes by his own hand so that no two swords would ever be the same. By sheer feel for the work and by the tone of the steel as it was forged by fire and anvil - and, say some, by the arts of the mystic - his hand was guided to create the most exquisite works.

The "Justice of Castor" was one of his last creations, and was so named because it was made for the man who protected and found grace in the sight of the king.

It belonged to Tubrak DrenKast. It was his by right, and his it remained, though no longer in his possession.

(ref-Castor (""))

imported_Cyrus Haman
May 14th, 2003, 01:49:01 PM
"Well 's far as I'm concerned," Haman smirked with his weasal-like grin, "That's up t'ya.

"We could of course make it interesting for ya t'guess."

Sometimes even Hera didn't give looks like the one Jaslin gave him. Haman attributed it to his charming personality.

"Of I could just tell ya. All right here's what's up.

"Girl by th'name of Cammie...stole 495,000 credits from me. She was a slicer 'n hacked into a bank vault I own. Now...while I can survive th'money loss...I'd prefer t'get it back, ya know?"

Haman took a drink from his glass and a puff off his cigarre.

"Ya wanna help me track 'er down? I'd make it interestin' for ya. You and your little armored friend too."

Jaslin Fett
May 15th, 2003, 10:14:44 PM
Jaslin stood silent as the little man made his speech. Her eyes narrowing slightly at his mention of Juju. Since she doubted he could see him from his vantage pint Jaslin assumed he knew more about them than she had thought.

"I see, and what is in it for us if we take the job?" As she asked her pointed question, the bounty hunter hooked her foot under the chair at the table and slid it out. She settled with a delicacy that did not match her cold eyes.

Mockadane
May 15th, 2003, 11:16:13 PM
The big mans prepared answer for the question, He knew she would ask, was lost in the vortex of thought that He carried in his head. The total unprepared look on his fase was apparent as He struggled to gain composure.

The silent curse that swarmed inside his head, for revealing a part of his personality that none had seen for decades, was replaced with a look of admiration... and danger.

The thought of deception was everpresent in his mind as the words rolled off his toungue in honest tones...

"Are you sure you seek the sword... or is it the memory of it that drives you?"

DarthHERA
May 16th, 2003, 09:32:45 PM
Hera frowned.

"Does it matter?"

If Mockadane was planning on doing his mental dance routine with her again, he had another thing coming. She glimpsed the inner conflict he had and mistook his hesitation for guile.

Her mood was quick to change, as was pretty much standard. Hera was taciturn at the best of times.

"You want we should do this the hard way?'

Her voice had an edge to it, and it would have been comical given the size difference between her and the man she threatened if one didn't know her better. But Mock knew her better.

"Just tell me what you know" she finished curtly.

Mockadane
May 22nd, 2003, 11:44:27 PM
"Does it matter... let Me think.... YES!" The glare Mockadane wore was ineffective. The resolve on Hera's face was apparent. The Angered responce was softened by the memories he had that washed over him like cooling waters.

His voice a calm resolve... "Even if you had in your possession this artifact, you could not grasp it. Your Demeanor would bring bad reprocussions from the slightest touch of it!"

Watching the look on Hera's face change and not knowing if it was for the better, The Big man worded his next question wisely.

"Is its memory, or power, that whitch you search for, and what would you do with the one sword?

DarthHERA
May 24th, 2003, 03:09:11 PM
"It belongs to me. My father is no longer around to weild it, and as his oldest child, it is for me to keep it for him."

Her tone softened, she could see why her father had liked Mockadane. It was his sense of honor, of truth of intent, that would find favor in his eyes. Hera had come along way from expectations her father would have had for her. Knowing the path of the darkside she had chosen would have disappointed him.

But she, too, had a nobleness of spirit - in her own twisted way. Her father's memory drove her to find the sword, to return it to its rightful place within the DrenKast family. She would not presume to weild it. She would just keep it safe.

Tilting her head slightly to look up at Mockadane directly, she voiced the question that had been on her mind ever since he had admitted to knowing her father back on Coruscant in the Vampyre Leon Laroque's radio room.

"How is it that I never knew you? I was at my father's side constantly since I was very young. Yet I never met you, or heard him speak of you..?"

Mockadane
May 25th, 2003, 10:24:17 PM
Looking at the beautiful blonde woman...

"You have looked upon me several times, Wearing armor gives one the secrecy of identity. The young woman I veiwed through my helm's visor, is not the one that stands before me, ...Life has changed her perspective!"

"As for the sword .... if it is not placed in your care, what will become of your house-name?"

Mockadane took a drink from the goblet He held after refilling it, swirling it slightly in the dim light of the room.

"Perhaps you havent thought through your reques My Dear!"

DarthHERA
Jun 1st, 2003, 11:52:05 PM
"Whats to think through? The sword was made for my father and to be used to defend the King of Kwaylon. There no longer is a King and there no longer is a Tubrak DrenKast. The swords honor comes from the hand that grasps it and the deeds done by that hand."

She stood up and took the glass of wine from Mockadane mid-sip.

"My family name is not in jeopardy." she said levelly. "My father saw to that."

Hera ignored that the Mercinary had alluded to judging her. She didn't answer to him. She hadn't answered to anyone for a very long time.

She placed the glass down deliberately onto the table.

"Tell me where it is, Mockadane. Time is wasting."

Mockadane
Jun 2nd, 2003, 01:08:16 AM
The grasping movement of Mockadane was not otherworldy, but seemed to be in slow-motion, as he reached out to hold the wrist of the womans hand that placed the glass upon the table. Starring into Hera's eye's she saw the dark blue eye's haze abit, and flecks of grey forced themself's, unwittingly into The bounty hunters Iris's. His voice took on a tone that seemed to reside on a plane that only she could hear

"They say...TIME, is the fire in whitch we all burn!"

The noticeable changes in Mockadanes apperance were becoming a mind trick on the woman. His long dark locks of hair were shot through with grey streaks that appeared ever so slightly.

"Right now... my time is running out. My time in this galexey draws in closer to the end, Yet knowing this , it never stops my agenda". Releasing his slight grip He looks away for a moment ...

"We leave so many things unfinished in our lives... I know you understand Me!"

With the push of a button on a small transmitter, pulled from a pocket of the couch, a medical droid appeared within second's toting a small I V pouch. Taking the long clear tube Mock attatched it to his arm Via a hypodermic neadle.

DarthHERA
Jun 2nd, 2003, 11:18:39 PM
The hand holding her wrist, the glance to see hyperdermics being placed on a side table, a glimpse of grey streaked hair - all served to awake a long-forgot memory with alarming clarity.

Hera had been privy to this scene before.

A long time ago.

She took a step back as the droid moved forward, Mockadane taking the items he needed and proceeding self-administration like he had done, no doubt, many many times before.

Hera watched with grim fascination.

"Ive seen you do this before, Mockadane. I was..was young." Her voice was low, soft with the concentrated effort of retrieving the images and reasons leading up to this memory in time. "...I had come to my Fathers study late one night..I saw you, as I see you now..."

Mockadane continued his ministrations without pause. He remembered too, knew the night she spoke of.

Hera sat slowly, sinking quietly onto the sofa once more. She placed her hand over the big Mercenary's own. Her face took on a softness that very few would ever witness.

"My Father touched your hand - just like this."

She gazed directly to Mockadanes eyes. Her luminescent blue pools bright with emotion the memory of her father had evoked.

"He called you friend."

The chemical slowly dripped down the intravenous tubing, and the rejuvenating effects gradually became visable. The greyness withdrew from the Bounty Hunters locks.

She smiled now, and Mockadane could see a dimension of trust had entered between them.

Hera voiced his thoughts by stating deliberately.

"I remember you."

imported_Cyrus Haman
Jun 2nd, 2003, 11:38:04 PM
"Oh..." Haman took a drag off of his cigarre, "How about 300,000 creds?"

He smirked as he set the cigarre in the plastic ashtray on the table, "And the pleasure of my company.

"Does that work for you, sweetheart?"

Jaslin Fett
Jun 2nd, 2003, 11:47:11 PM
Jaslin grimaced yet again behind her veil, her eyes wanting to roll at the mans audacity. He was completely full of himself in only a way a man could be.

"Don't call me sweetheart.... Sugar. As for your company being a pleasure.... I doubt that. 300,000 Creds will be fine if we do not run into any other expenses. We also work alone.... Does that work for you Sweetheart??"

imported_Cyrus Haman
Jun 2nd, 2003, 11:55:38 PM
Haman grinned a wolfish grin.

"You got it babycakes. Although I will need regular reports on your progress 'n all. Just to make sure you're doing your job.

"And hey, if ya need anything just let me know. I can cover some more expenses," he winked, "If the price is right and all."

Jaslin Fett
Jun 3rd, 2003, 12:10:17 AM
Jaslin’s teeth ground against one another. This one had a way of working under her skin. Jaslin hit her com letting Juju know that the transaction was coming to a close.

"You will get your reports. I need what data info you have. I will be heading back to my base. You will get your info or lack of it within the next two days. The job will get done, and I really doubt anyone could pay me enough to take you up on that offer." She stated in crisp no nonsense tones. She was sorely tempted to cut his tongue from his head with the name babycakes. But then 300,000 in creds for a simple find was nothing to play with.

"Is that all, or do you have anything else you want to say." Her eyes glinted with a dangerous light, warning him. She doubted he would get it.....

imported_Cyrus Haman
Jun 3rd, 2003, 12:37:17 AM
"Yeah," Haman said, noting her eyes but not caring. He wasn't paid t'care...just to charm in his own special way.

"I know a guy who knows a guy who says the chick's on Nar Shadda. Think your leather suited body can fit in there...honeybunch."

He grinned wickedly. He didn't get to call Hera these names...but then both of them were busy screaming the other's name. And not because they were mad at the other....

"Sure," now was the time t'really surprise her.

"My information contacts won't always talk t'strangers. Mind if I...tag along?"

He gave a smile, which looked like a cat'd eaten a canary.

Jaslin Fett
Jun 7th, 2003, 09:39:27 PM
Jaslin’s eyes did open wider in faint surprise. To have someone hire her, and then tag along wasn’t something that occurred often. She chose to ignore his afore mentioned statement. She could fit in anywhere, and he more than likely knew it. He would not have hired her other wise.

"This is an unusual request. We always work alone." She was, for once, at a lose for words. "I suppose, if you insist, you can accompany me back to the Seech." She was not worried about him coming there. If he left and tried to come back he would find himself unable to ever get in without the proper coding.

Jaslin spoke softly into her com-link. Her brother Juju hearing her loud and clear. He would ready the ship that would take them back....

"You ready?"

imported_Cyrus Haman
Jun 8th, 2003, 12:48:32 AM
"Yeah I'm ready," Haman replied, his face smiling, "I've been ready for a while now."

He winked at Jaslin, wondering what was going on behind that veil of hers.

The two walked from the bar, heading towards th'hangar back.

"So," the smuggler said, trying to make conversation, "Why do you hide your face? With the daggers you've shot with your eyes...I would have thought your face would have just equally...enticing expressions."

Mockadane
Jun 8th, 2003, 01:16:00 AM
after a few moments of silence... "You remember a past me...! That whitch dwells in a not so distant time and place, one that remembers a promice to a friend."

With mockadanes flagging persona in check and renewed with the vigor that allowed him to press forward in persuit of the one goal... "Are you sure that the sword is the goal you seek?... or is truth the thing your being craves?"

"I have seen much in my life and the quest you are on could prove dangerous to your lfe and your soal!"

Lighting up a small ebony-wrapped cigarra the big man offered a drag to Hera....

DarthHERA
Jun 8th, 2003, 01:35:38 AM
Declining the offered cigar with a wave of her hand, Hera replied.

"You let me worry about my soul. As for danger of my life, I can take care of myself - as you already know."

Her eyes were drawn again to the intravenous tubing.

"What....what are you exactly?"

Mockadane
Jun 8th, 2003, 01:53:48 AM
Pulling the needle from his arm, and watching the medical droid roll away..."I am very much human ... aided by cymbiant fluids of longevity.... thus the unatural aging. If you wish to fulfill your VISIONQUEST... you will seek it on my terms.... no harm will befall you... I swear."

The soldering black ciggara was offered once again....

Jaslin Fett
Jun 8th, 2003, 01:56:50 AM
Jaslin’s eyes that had been busy roving the small crowds cut to the side and locked on Haman. It was times such as these that she wished her work ethics were lower. That way she could shoot him without lowering her standards.

Jaslin’s eyes went back to watching the crowds. Making sure there was no one following, and keeping an eye on anyone who could be a threat. It would not do to have him killed before she was paid.

"If you’re very nice.... I may show you what is behind the veil. I only wear it in public." She replied in muffled tones.

"You are going to have to ride with me. There is no other choice if you wish to come along. You ship would not make it into the Seech." She stated as they arrived at her ship. Glancing over she nodded to JUJU who had already fired his up.

"Last chance.... You can stay, and have a nice little drink. Or come with me, and offer up polite conversation." What she had said to him in there short meeting had been in fact the most she had said to anyone in weeks. She wasn’t much of a talker. Unless of course she was with Mock…..

DarthHERA
Jun 8th, 2003, 02:16:02 AM
Visionquest? What the frell was he on about?

As the bounty hunter offered the cigar again, she pushed it away this time, getting irritable.

"In case you forgot, Im not a big fan of rule-following. Now do you know where it is or not?"

She was beginning to think he didnt and was just stringing her along to tick her off. Or maybe his mind was addled by the chemicals and that pungent cigar he kept shoving her way.

imported_Cyrus Haman
Jun 10th, 2003, 11:26:04 PM
"Hey," Haman gave an innocent look, "I can do polite conversation."

He made a grand gesture of overdone gentlemanship.

"Shall I lay my jacket down for the madame while she walks up the gangplank? I would be honored to do so."

Then he winked.

Mockadane
Jun 13th, 2003, 12:40:34 AM
"I know EXACTLY where the Justice of Castor resides..." Mockadane put the cigarra down in a small ashtray as He stood up... "Wait here for a moment!" The Big Man turned from Hera and walked Back into his bedroom.

As Hera, out of the corner of her eye at first, watched the mercinary through the semi-obscured doorway. Throwing his bed clothes to the side, Mockadane donned His naked body with the leathern clothing and armor she had seen him wear, in the few encounters the've had. Once his arsenal of wheapons adorned his person Mock put on his gauntlets.

A stady calm washed over the man as he tilted his head back and drew a few long breaths. He felt his hair crinckle up, as it brushed against the ebony bladed bastard swords hilt, that hung on his back. The weight of the varrios blaster pistols and slug throwers, strategically and methodically placed, felt right along with the concussion devices on the bandollier accross his chest.

"Miss DrenKast..." he finally spoke "please bring me that cigarra in the ashtray. It is one of the three signs that everything is alright, and path to what you seek will be revealed."

A hissing sound emminated from the bedroom, and iff The woman was to crane he neck she could see the bed Mockadane slept on was now raised to the ceiling and He stood before a stone staircase leading downwards....

DarthHERA
Jun 14th, 2003, 12:13:10 AM
Hera took Mockadane's wine glass while he was gone and downed the last of its contents. Smacking her lips and "not bad" -ing the flavour, she took up the cigarra, brining it close to her nose and sniffing it.

Its aroma was strong and earthy, and she took a quick puff while Mock was looking the other way. She crinkled her face up - she didnt really care for it. Shrugging, she turned and joined the Bounty Hunter in the bedroom.

The bed had gone. Looking up, she discovered where..and then glancing over Mock before descending the steps, she smirked at him as he was now armed to the teeth. She held out the cigar for him to take, "You planning on fighting a war are ya?"

Jaslin Fett
Jun 15th, 2003, 01:08:52 AM
"Shall I lay my jacket down for the madame while she walks up the gangplank? I would be honored to do so."

Jaslin turned from the man who always seemed to have something to say that grated on her nerves. How he managed to do in the half hour, what usually took people days to achieve was beyond her. Sighing she made her way into her ship.

"No need to play the gentleman with me. I am more than used to the ways of men, and their....... Thought Process, shall we say? Have a seat Mr....?" Jaslin turned giving him a questioning look as she fished for his name.

Lowering her veil she smirked softly. Her full lips pulled into a grin that made her eyes sparkle. She knew she was not what most expected. In fact most thought she hid her face due to a disfigurement. Her beauty was quiet unmarred.

imported_Cyrus Haman
Jun 15th, 2003, 01:15:11 AM
Haman smirked, " Finmore...Sebastian Franklin Finmore, to be exact."

If he was impressed by her looks (which he was), the smuggler didn't show it. The beautiful ones were the most dangerous.

Haman knew...he'd slept with both Hera and Nass...on multiple occassions. Both of 'em were dangerous...in person and in bed.

He flexed his hands, happy they didn't pop. It meant his 'magical hands' were still quite limber.

"So...that's what's hiding behind th'veil," Haman slightly chuckled, "Not bad, Jaslin...not bad at all."

Mockadane
Jun 26th, 2003, 01:40:39 AM
"Not fight a war... exactly, just keep FIDO from doing anything that I dont want to happen!"

The sounds of his steel shod boots clanking every step he took in the dimly lit stairwell that seemed to decend down into the very bowels of the asteroid.

"And no... FIDO isnt DOG!" Mockadane answered her unasked question. "Thats my insurance policy."

DarthHERA
Jul 1st, 2003, 05:02:45 PM
FIDO?

Hera, not for the first time, didnt have a clue what Mockadane was alluding to...But she knew he would get around to explaining things in his own sweet time.

"Insurance huh...Am I makin you nervous there big fella?" She said as she followed along behind him, grinning down at the back of his head.

Mockadane
Jul 2nd, 2003, 01:27:52 AM
"Hmff..., nervous!" Mockadane spoke after a few minutes of decending downward.

Coming to a stop on a small landing The Mercinary held up one hand and spoke a gutteral dialect to a wall that seamed exactly like the passage walls they had been desending past. The passage walls were covered with conduits of several shapes and sizes, accompanied by scattered blinking lites. Two conduits slid apart reveiling a veiwscreen that came to life as Mock spoke to it.

"Initiate 2 Mock... 'HERA' sub-vis 30 del."

The screen slid to the side and melded into and behind other conduits and electrical panels that retreated away leaving an open archway that was the entrance into a large chamber. this chamber held several item's that Mockadane held in extream value.

DarthHERA
Jul 5th, 2003, 10:50:41 PM
As Mock stood to the side, revealing the chamber within, Hera looked from him to it and back again.

Extending her hand, she waved him forward.

"After you"

It was a pretty swank setup the bounty hunter had. Business must be good for him to afford this high-tech sort of layout. Sure - it was nice, but did he have lights? A hand over a panel as Mockadane entered the vault brought an instantaneous illuminating of the room.

Ok then.

Hera strode forward looking over the sealed and encrypted safe-boxes built into the whole side of one wall. Twisting around to look at the hunter once more, she still didnt understand what his purpose was.

"FIDO?"

Mockadane
Jul 10th, 2003, 01:15:00 AM
A smile crossed the big man's face. "For your own good... DONT pick up anything in this chamber... please. "

He turned and slowly becconed Hera to follow Him. Walking through the 30' x 40' foot chamber, around boxes carefully stacked in the center, Mockadane approached the furthest end of the right wall. Speaking while walking, Mockadanes voice slightly echoing in here, "FIDO.... Where to begin...!"

"The chamber we a walking in is actually a vessel that runs on twin Correllian IS-20 Engines. In case of destruction of the Seech, this section will exit these confines and run at point 75 past light speed, to a predetermined point in space till Im able to retreve it. The Foreign Intruder Defence Organism, or 'FIDO' is E.M.P. protected and one of my greatest assets .

Coming to the right side far wall, several small alcoves in the wall illuminated. Six swords behind a bluish crystaline sheild lit up, each in its own alcove with a couple of items.

"You see... I am a curator of a collection that shall never be shown in a public museum!"

DarthHERA
Jul 19th, 2003, 05:39:57 PM
Originally posted by Mockadane
A smile crossed the big man's face. "For your own good... DONT pick up anything in this chamber... please. "

Hera snarled at him as she walked past.

"You think I'd wanna steal any of this crap"

The words belied her thoughts. Mock had some pretty sharp gear here and she was tempted to atleast "touch" some of the things to satisfy their lure.

But he'd brought her here to show her something important, and so she behaved.

The explanation of FIDO was intruiging. The bounty hunter liked to cover his bases, that was for sure, and once he had something important in his possession, obviously was loath to loose it.

Coming up beside the alcoves now, Hera's eyes jumped quickly from one sword to another. Resting finally on the one on the end.

Reaching her hand forward, she stroked the hilt of the fabulously crafted sword. There was suddenly a thick silence in the room. A memory had joined them, and it was as palpable as if a ghost from the past had revealed himself to be in the center of their company.

Mockadane watched her, and as he had expected she had recognised "Castor".

Mockadane
Aug 10th, 2003, 02:13:35 AM
The touch of the leathern hilt cast Hera's mind in a cascade of thought.

Useing a forfinger Mockadane lifted the pondering womans hand gently from the swords hilt. Watching her distant stare as he did so... The big man Introduced the beautiful blonde to the rest of his collection. Involentarilly hera pushed passed Mock to return to the Castor alcove.

"DO NOT remove the sword from its confines!" Mockadane gave fair warning with his voice to Hera! " catching her line of sight in his... Allowing the woman to focus on his face.

Skull_Dragger
Aug 16th, 2003, 07:19:28 PM
as any one knows mockadane they should also know skull dragger is not far behind.......standing away from the scene with his back to a wall watching over mockadanes shoulder as to make sure no one trys an ambush. Skulls places his hand on his pistol ready for what was about to come next

DarthHERA
Aug 23rd, 2003, 03:54:55 PM
Hera turned her head, casually taking in Skull's action, and then looked back to Mockadane.

"Are you going to give me what is rightfully mine? Or do I have to take it for myself?"

Gone was the amiability of earlier. In its place was a woman who would not be denied. One way or the other, that sword was leaving with her.

Skull_Dragger
Aug 27th, 2003, 09:51:49 PM
noticing heras stare towards him Skull in a boisterous voice

"Yeah sweet thing im watching you"

Mockadane
Aug 27th, 2003, 11:10:18 PM
The smile that Mockadane wore, resonated Hera's words.

"This SWORD"... Mock's eyes narrowed abit... "Will make you a queen. If properly channeled through the right burocratic levels! My cares are not what you want it for but that my storage and care for this artifact will pay off!"

The big man knew that the darkside of Hera would be causing Her head to be awash in turmoil, and Her darkside calculating mind would be intune with him so he proceeded.

Holding a hand up to Skull to silence his actions and words...

"I know that your setting on a cashpile and therefor wealthy. You have Rattled your saber for your own causes... now you can rattle it for mine!"

Handing Hera a Com-pad of a Hapes Nova-class Battle cruiser for sale...on the black market... "IM INTERESTED IN THIS!"

DarthHERA
Aug 30th, 2003, 10:53:45 PM
So Mockadane was looking for a payoff.

She should not be surprised. Safe-guarding the sword all these years simply from the goodness of his heart and loyalty toward her father was not profitable for a mercinary such as he was.

Atleast he spoke in terms that she understood and could relate to. Hera fully understood selfish drive. Its what made her who she was.

"I can provide the necessary funds, Mockadane." she said, her words clipped and even. "Im sure my father would think it a just price for your faithfulness."

Blue eyes held his for a moment, and in them, Mockadane saw the strong, uncompromising spirit of Tubrak reflected there.

Hera didn't care about the swords power. Not this sword. For her, it was all about honoring her father.

"Now, if you'll oblige me by retrieving Castor we can be on our way."

Mockadane
Sep 4th, 2003, 11:45:02 PM
Stepping in between Hera and the sword, "Perhaps I havent made myself clear..." Having a non threatening manerism about his person... "Do not remove the sword!"

"That whitch you know of hyperspace travel is vauge... there are no inertial dampners on FIDO! By the time the module reaches its destination the inhabitants would be reduced to a dead mass of jelatonus particals... encompassed in there skin."

Holding a dicerning finger skyward infront of hera.... "It will take one week to remove the sword safely... a little safty feature I've built in.... in that time I will meet up with you on Tatooine to exchange the merchandise!"

Mockadane looked onward at the blonde to receive her responce.

DarthHERA
Sep 6th, 2003, 08:57:40 PM
"One week?"

Hera was instantly suspicious.

"You gotta be kidding me."

Mockadane didnt have to be a genius to see Hera did not like this arrangement at all.

Skull_Dragger
Sep 9th, 2003, 10:05:18 PM
*Snickers*

Mockadane
Sep 20th, 2003, 02:17:54 AM
Looking at his chronometer, Mockadane looked up at Hera with a stern eye. "Time is up My dear..." Motioning towards the way they came in with a single hand... " Please retun to my chambers and we can talk!"

Mock watched carefull Hera's actoins for the slightest rammifications to his request.

DarthHERA
Sep 26th, 2003, 10:52:29 PM
Hera's scowl showed clearly what she thought of the whole set up.

However, she rationalised that she'd waited this long to reclaim "Castor" - she could easily wait another week.

Turning to exit the room, she spared a disdainful snarl at Skull Dragger who was skulking like a thug in the shadows.

Skull_Dragger
Sep 26th, 2003, 11:01:22 PM
*THINKS*
HMMM she looks at me as she walks out.....

Smirks shows on skulls face....skull walks over to mock and whispers in his ear

"that one wants me"

Mockadane
Sep 26th, 2003, 11:45:31 PM
Mockadane makes a mental note to explain later just how dangerous Hera can be! She make look innocent, but her beauty hides a side more leathal than a viper's venom. Looking breifly to Skull... "Wait for me here.... I Have a proposal for you!"

the big man walked briskly behind, disenguaging the command sequences as he passed through the entrance. The hallway spilled inexorably back into Mock's bedchambers. In the last ten meters of stairwell, Mockadane spoke somthing that Hera wouldnt fully acknowlage untill she was fimly out of the seaches underbelly...." Do you realize when there are people near you that care?

The hydraulic hiss sound emminates as the plush bed returnes to its original position.

The Bounty hunter resumes his stare at Hera... "Or has the darkside encompassed you in a blanket that no-one can unravel?"

DarthHERA
Sep 26th, 2003, 11:59:56 PM
"In my short life, Mockadane, I have come to understand that the less a person relies on the care of others, the better off one will be."

Her tone was clipped and closed. She was fiercely self-reliant and had cloaked herself in selfishness that dissuaded most real close ties of any sort.

Very, very few had breached the caring side of Hera that was buried beneath her Sith nature. It was there - just barely.

She liked it that way.

Mockadane
Oct 8th, 2003, 12:17:03 AM
Walking over to a small bar inset in one wall... Mockadane pours two drinks...

"That is a good way to have things I guess... sad,... but good!" The big man walks back over and hands a half full glass of amber liquid to Hera.

"Just one question though, How were you planning to get off my stronghold? The whole place is on lockdown!"

DarthHERA
Oct 11th, 2003, 11:04:32 PM
She took the drink in her hand, and smiled confidently.

"Are you threatening me?"

Mockadane
Oct 11th, 2003, 11:55:55 PM
"Hmpff" Mockadane gestured as he drank down the glasses contents.

"We are now intertwined in a buisness proposal... and therefore partners in a scheme larger than ourselfs!"

Looking at Hera with no decernable gaze upon his face...."I will supply you transport off this rock with no payment needed but there will be no questions asked of the mode of transportation.... agreed?"

DarthHERA
Oct 12th, 2003, 12:07:06 AM
The smile broadened into a grin, which in turn became a rather rude guffaw.

"Do you take me for an idiot, Mockadane? I mean, really. Take your word, no questions asked, and run along like an obedient child?"

She drained the contents of her glass.

"I think you mistake me for one of your lackeys...or perhaps that mercenary lover of yours"

Her eyes glinted wickedly and Hera made a pretense of looking around the room, trying to find someone.

"Which reminds me..where is she? That Jaslin Fett girl. She wouldn't be out on a job would she?...that would be so convenient for me if she was..say...meeting a possible contractor...?"

Hera's words hung pregnant with knowing and Mockadane would be a fool to dismiss them as being harmless ramblings.

Mockadane
Oct 28th, 2003, 02:48:59 AM
The Demeanor and the vissad that Hera had shown coupled with the words she spoke let Mockadane know that She had maticulosly planned this INTERLUDE from start to finish. Yet the outcomes, He realized, were fluid and well thought out. The look that stole across his face at the mention of Jaslin remained as he begain to speak to her next...

"The person you speak of is very resoarsfull, and capable of taking care of Herself."

Mockadane surronded Himself with people capable of varrious amounts of havoc and destruction if need be. The thought's of Jaslin in trouble fleeted across his minds eye, giving forth a vissad that slowly dissapated in the comfort that Castor resided in His grasp alone.

The smell of deadly resolve hung pungent in the air as Mockadane poured another glass .... and consumed it.

"I am not threatening you Lady, nor do I think of you as a lacky..., But I will let you know that your release from this fortress of solitude depends on Me!"

The tractor beam imlacements fire-coupled with turbolazer batteries allowed no-one off this rock durring lockdown... any ship that blasted past was met with a squadren of headhunters deployed remotely.

"Im wanting what you want.... Castor to return to its rightfull place!" The big mans hands splayed out in a whatever geasture. " Just knowing the connections you have could serve a profit margin that follows my agendas is a plus!"

Looking at Heras facial expressions Mock added a wrinkle... " And if Jaslin is harmed in your attemts to get at me... I wont destroy the Justice Castor.... I will Quadruple My price for the inconvenience!"

DarthHERA
Oct 31st, 2003, 11:16:59 PM
Hera put her glass down on the table with a finality.

Mockadane wouldn't destroy Castor. It was worth much more to him as a trade-peice and while Jaslin was without doubt resourceful, she was not infalible. No one was. Mockadane had lived long enough to know the truth of this.

And right now, that was the only thing Mockadane knew. Jaslin might be nowhere in connection with Hera or her outfit. But then again, she might.. Mockadane could press the issue, try to keep Hera here, perhaps endanger his girlfriend. Or he could for once, not make all the rules.

Walking past him, Hera didnt even bother to look at him as she opened the door.

"I know my way out.
See you in a week"

Mockadane
Nov 14th, 2003, 11:36:28 PM
"There's a Z - 95 Headhunter awaiting your departure in docking bay 3!" Mockadane spoke to the back of Hera. "Ill be expecting it back!"

When the door slid shut, Mock spoke into his comlink...

"Send a scanning crew to My quarters... and watch the woman in purple leaving My room! Be sure she makes it to the transport without interuption!"