PDA

View Full Version : An RP to get involved in

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 7th, 2003, 10:03:28 AM
http://sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28583

Just thought I'd bring that to the attention of some people ;)

The Krath will be showing up in small numbers, no doubt - which means less than 10. So, if there are a few Knights/Padawans who'd like to come give them a good beating, let me know.

Alpha
Apr 7th, 2003, 02:01:25 PM
Damn, no Masters? :)

Hadrian Invicta
Apr 7th, 2003, 02:32:28 PM
I'd be intersted in going as Ka' el, if Fig oks it

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 7th, 2003, 02:40:12 PM
Alpha - I don't want the Krath to get their asses totally kicked :mneh

Had - ;):thumbup

Figrin D'an
Apr 7th, 2003, 03:44:43 PM
:thumbup

Go for it. :)

Rognan Dar
Apr 7th, 2003, 04:59:16 PM
I'm interested...but who are the Krath?

imported_Jackson Mcgraves
Apr 7th, 2003, 05:16:03 PM
A sith group that split from the TSO. Like i said at Fasc I'd be happy to help weather it be In a jedi sorta way or in another character type. :)

Rognan Dar
Apr 7th, 2003, 05:32:37 PM
But, from what I've read, you will need alot of Jedi to fight them all off, plus other assasins and such, right?

Alpha
Apr 7th, 2003, 09:35:19 PM
Dasq~Ah...I see...:) Oh well...Have to wait to give out my ass-kickings....:D

Sage Hazzard
Apr 8th, 2003, 01:37:31 AM
Well, I'd love to get Syrius involved. Problem is, he can't 'fight' fight. By that I mean fight like a Jedi. He's actually a really good fighter because of his scrappiness and toughness, plus he's fit. He's a tackle you and bite your nose off kind of fighter. Not pretty. But, he is resourceful and not the dumbest log on the block. So he could probably orchestrate something so he can fend them off.

Let me know if I'm cool to post in this and when I can do it. :D

I do have a problem, and that's Syrius going alone. Xazor, the character, probably be too cool with Syrius going off to help kick butt when he could be killed easily. Though I could just have Syrius sneak out, or maybe Xazor will want in on this thread too... She's a Knight still. ;)

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 8th, 2003, 02:38:23 AM
There won't only be fighting in this. One of the prime objectives is to get the people out of the city to the nearby TIE factory - which is the planets source of income - and evacuate them using the ships there.

Basically you would need three or more teams of people - one holding off the Krath from getting into the building, another (one or two people only) trying to find the shapeshifting assassin, and a third dealing with defenses and evac.

The Krath (who FYI are a small group of Knights and Apprentices) will probably only be about 9 members large, maximum, plus the hired assassin. If more turn up for the Krath, then more people can drift in from GJO - I'm sure Admiral Lion El Johnson would be happy to give you guys a lift on his fleet :mneh

Sage Hazzard
Apr 8th, 2003, 03:02:34 AM
Okay, great. I actually, though I am bias ( :D ), think Syrius would be perfect for the 1-2 man team trying to find the assasin. He is a veteran police detective who has the Force skills to compliment that. Though he's limited currently in power his minimal strengths lay in pre-cognition and hunches, though it's more like a spidey sense than a honed Force ability. Though as a note, when he's fully trained, he'll be able to tell people's emotions when they commited a crime (from the residual Force imprint) and etc. Kind of a like a walking forensics team.

So, when can I post for group two? I assume, since the only way he'd go there from the beacon, I should have him in route first right? Then I could time it so that when he lands the assasin has done a deed and needs to be found, then someone from the planets acting as an official could tell me to help them find the assasin, am I right? From the info I have now, that's what I'd think would be the turn of events, tell me if I'm wrong.

Just so the thread could go more smoothly, perhaps I should team up with someone from the start, if you are in fact okay with me being in tha assasin finding team. Like, me and another person take off for the planet in the same ship. That way we both land at the same time and the same person would ask us both to help.

Am I making any sense?

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 8th, 2003, 03:08:59 AM
That sounds fine :)

What is going to happen with the assassin is that she will be going for the governess, Valles Santhe. I haven't decided whether or not to let her actually get through with the assassination - so I guess that all depends on whether Syrius can find and stop her. After all, she is going to be a slippery one, since she could easily shift to look like one of the Lianna guards.

As for when to jump in, I'm going to say that Jedi should hold off until the Krath have landed before arriving. They are a planet away, while the Jedi are a few systems away. The Krath are going in to attack on the same day they've received the information about it, so the Jedi's response would be a bit delayed.

Basically, Krath get to their apartments, talk to Assassin, leave for Lianna THEN the Jedi arrive. You can post as having heard the message/beacon and such if you want, tho :)

Ka' el Darcverse
Apr 8th, 2003, 10:23:47 AM
Just tell me when to post and I'll get involved!

Sage Hazzard
Apr 9th, 2003, 12:57:45 AM
Hmm... Okay. What I think I'll do is, firstly, ask here in this thread if anyone wants to join up with Syrius. Hmm, anybody? Then we can go ahead and post that we've heard the message and are scrambling for a ship. Then, we can finally find a ship and a way to get there. THEN, we'll time it so we land at the time you've specified. :D

So, who wants to be Syrius' partner on this, eh?

Sanis Prent
Apr 9th, 2003, 01:28:44 AM
I'll try to get Jubei involved, if at all possible.

Marcus Telcontar
Apr 9th, 2003, 01:38:00 AM
( Switches to DT mdoe)

Why wasn't I told about this? :p

(end DT mode)

Aaron Belargic
Apr 9th, 2003, 01:41:44 AM
:lol I don't want to scare people off :mneh

Maybe DT can come in as the ... secret weapon... once the thread progresses? :D

Sanis Prent
Apr 9th, 2003, 01:53:10 AM
Isn't DT a master?

Aaron Belargic
Apr 9th, 2003, 03:36:18 AM
Knight

Marcus Telcontar
Apr 9th, 2003, 03:53:37 AM
Originally posted by Aaron_Belargic
:lol I don't want to scare people off :mneh

Maybe DT can come in as the ... secret weapon... once the thread progresses? :D

(Dt mode on) Awwww....... okay dude, I'll wait to be unleashed :D

(DT mode off)

Yep, he's ranked at Dark Jedi Knight level at present. Just because he's a clone dont mean he can or should be able to do what the original could immediatly - I believe that it has to take time. Although healing and pyrotechnic skill is right up where it could be. Apart from fighting skill, nothing else really is, tho of course the knowledge and potential certainly could be.

actually never really thought about till he got near the Krath to be honest.

Rognan Dar
Apr 9th, 2003, 04:13:56 PM
I wouldn't mind being Syrius' partner....though I dont know how we would even know eachother, so that could be a problem.

But Rog isn't very experienced and tracking down a assasin might not be the right thing for him, but him being a Lorrdian might work to our advantage.

Sage Hazzard
Apr 10th, 2003, 01:30:47 AM
Well, it's not like we have to be buddies. We both just get the call for help, go looking for a ship, and bump into each other. Logic would dictate we team up to use the same ship, once we find one, so we can help the planet better with two Jedi. But of course, we could become buds through the experience. :D

Could you explain? I don't know what a Lorrdian is. :(

Also, if you're a nice dude IC, that'd help more than anything. Syrius is a kind of... not very gentle person when it comes to doing his job. So it could be a good cop bad cop thing as we look around for the assasin. :D

Well, let me know, if you want to team up. :)

Rognan Dar
Apr 10th, 2003, 04:16:36 PM
Ok. What you said about bumping into eachother sounds reasonable, and the experience would be good for Rog.

But as for a Lorrdain....gosh, I dont really know how to explain it but I'll try anyway.

In the Lorrdains' past they were imprisoned for many years and were not able to speak to eachother. And as they were held they develuped a knew type of comunication through body movment. So as they developed this they were able to set up a fighting force and over took there captores. After they were free they continiued to use this skill and passed it down to the next generastion as so forth. But basicly they have very good knowlege of the way someone moves there body that they can see that a person might do before or as he is going it. They also how good hearing and are able to mimic other peoples voices.

I hope that help. If not I'll send you a PM with better details or something. This was just off the top of my head, but there os a book that I can look at that will help.

Sage Hazzard
Apr 11th, 2003, 02:01:18 AM
That's not really nessacary, I get it. That'd be perfect, because even if you change your skin you still move the same. So it could be like a tag on the assasin, to keep tabs on him/her. Like "hey, Syrius, that guy moves the same as that other person did".

So, you can start a post in it whenever, and I'll follow your lead. :) Just say you're rushing to the space docks or something but don't have your own ship, so you're worried or something. Then you can be looking for a ship. I'll have Syrius already there, yelling at the desk clerk or something. :lol

Rognan Dar
Apr 11th, 2003, 12:51:18 PM
Heh, ok. Sounds good enough. Just need the thread to get to that point.

Lion El' Jonson
Apr 13th, 2003, 12:23:29 PM
New Republic Fleet Command Admiral Lion El' Jonson at your service...

Syrius Cline
Apr 14th, 2003, 12:43:50 AM
Well, I'm going to post now. Like Dasq said, it's okay to post about hearing the beacon, etc. Plus, it'd be stupid to just say I land, when that comes. It'd be cooler to have it build up with me getting a ship, etc. Makes it more suspenseful. :) And it'll explain why you and me are working together, etc. We'll just pace it real well so we don't land and start our job until it comes to the right point. In other words all of our posts for a while could be in hyper space and stuff. Then when it's appropriate, we come out of it and go down to the planet. :)

Lion El' Jonson
Apr 14th, 2003, 02:33:58 AM
Just make sure the build up doesn't take preference over the actual thread...as for me, what am I supposed to do? I've already got a ship (a whole fleet, in fact)...anybody need a lift? :lol

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 14th, 2003, 02:44:38 AM
Preferably, no. - if you mean going gun-ho with the NR fleet. I don't want a fleet going in an basically bombing the crap out of the Krath, because the thread will basically end in a snap then. If you want to go in, go on small ships.

If you want to join, just say you got the distress signal, and then maybe meet up with someone else who you can travel with?

Lion El' Jonson
Apr 14th, 2003, 12:43:45 PM
No no no...I had no intention to use the fleet as anything but a transportation method. For one, bombardment is un-NR...hence why we have giant ion cannons instead of superlasers. Two, the fact that there's a TIE factory means there's a civilian presence, which means bombardment is out of the question. Third, depending on what we're using to escape from the TIE factory, it may or may not have a hyperdrive, meaning that they'll need something to dock with to get the hell out of there.

Anyways, sorry about any confusion.

Assuming I heard the distress signal, I'll probably go in with a carrier. It has room for refugees, and establishes an NR presence, but it's poorly armed and shielded, meaning that its offensive threat is nil. Believe me, I don't want this thread to end quickly any more than you do.

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 14th, 2003, 12:45:25 PM
Alright Lion, Sounds good :)

Vega Van-Derveld
Apr 24th, 2003, 04:51:59 AM
*BUMP!*

There are only three Jedi heading to Lianna - all of them Padawans.

There are a number of Sith Knights, and a nasty thing called a Turbogeek, heading to Lianna.

Someone else needs to help out.

Alpha
Apr 24th, 2003, 09:23:21 AM
Would you want a Mastyer to balance things out? :) ;) :D

Zeke
Apr 24th, 2003, 10:27:05 AM
Originally posted by Dasquian Belargic
Alpha - I don't want the Krath to get their asses totally kicked

That's a no.

Syrius Cline
Apr 24th, 2003, 11:05:35 AM
If Turbogeek's involved, I don't think there's much chance of an ass kicking... On our parts anyway. :)

I'd think we need atleast four more Jedi to handle everyone, wouldn't you say? Maybe three more Jedi Knights and a Padawan? Come on you Jedi, help us! :)

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 24th, 2003, 12:43:26 PM
Alpha, you can come dancing since DT will be there. He won't be appearing until later on however, so if you want to hang back that's cool. If not, still cool :)

Soolin Anjhurin
Apr 24th, 2003, 12:45:36 PM
If there's a spot for a Knight in this, it would give Soolin something to do.

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 24th, 2003, 12:46:23 PM
Sure :D that would about make things even, me thinks. Perhaps you can hop on board with Alpha?

Soolin Anjhurin
Apr 24th, 2003, 12:47:25 PM
just let me know when/where to post. I'm in omega if you want to talk to me about it.

Alpha
Apr 25th, 2003, 06:55:17 AM
yay! :) Some butt-whoopin! :D Not sure if it's gonna be my butt that gets kicked though...:)

Marcus Telcontar
Apr 25th, 2003, 07:52:58 AM
"There'll be some Sith Kights there"

"Yeah, no problem"

"A a Sith Master or two"

"No sweat"

"And a Turbogeek"

Pause...... "You gotta be kidding me! I aint going near him!"

;)

Nah, it'll be fun. Padawans and others who aint never RP'ed with DT, join in. The one thing DT can guarenttee, he'll be frikking hard and a challenge, but it'll be 100% common sense and fair.

Pierce Tondry
Apr 25th, 2003, 08:13:11 AM
I'd like to participate in this thread in a very odd fashion. I'll IM you about it later, Jenny-O.

Sage Hazzard
Apr 25th, 2003, 09:18:04 PM
I suspect Syrius and Rognan will have gotten the assasin, the Tie Shipyardw will be cool, and probably all the Krath will of gone home... And Turbogeek will still be fighting all the Jedi, corpses layering the ground. :lol

Lion El' Jonson
Apr 26th, 2003, 11:54:03 PM
Alright, my carrier group just jumped, and I (stupidly) haven't read this thread in a while...you guys need me to edit my post and give you a lift, or will you smart, smart people find your own way there? :p

Soolin Anjhurin
Apr 27th, 2003, 02:47:30 PM
okay, now I think that I'm missing something. I only see a thread in the bar and grill with 2 posts in it. Is something happening in anoteher thread elsewhere that I'm unaware of? If so, please someone show me.

Rognan Dar
Apr 27th, 2003, 03:35:25 PM
http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28580

I do believe that is it. Injoy :)

Soolin Anjhurin
Apr 28th, 2003, 10:35:53 AM
DAMMIT!!!

:: feels stupid for posting the wrong thread ::

Thanks for pointing it out to me, but I have the feeling now that it's just one of those threads I'll wind up getting lost in. It's up to three pages now, and I doubt I'll be able to keep up with everyone, no matter what I do. :(

Pierce Tondry
Apr 28th, 2003, 10:40:09 AM
You wanna fly with me, Soolin? I don't plan to get heavily involved in the fighting unless things really start going badly, so I can act as an anchor for what you do, if you want.

Soolin Anjhurin
Apr 28th, 2003, 06:20:46 PM
Today was a lousy day for me, but I'd like to talk with you about the possibilities tomorrow, Brian.

Sage Hazzard
Apr 28th, 2003, 11:23:48 PM
It seems like a big thread, but isn't really. Right now it's kind of two threads. Like, I just have to read posts by me, Lion, and Rognan to be caught up. So it's simple for the Jedi who aren't in the thick of it yet. :D

Lion El' Jonson
Apr 29th, 2003, 05:32:37 PM
Yes...uh, we did it on purpose like that....right...