PDA

View Full Version : Anger Managment

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 6th, 2003, 11:08:38 PM
This movie comes out this Friday staring Adam Sandler and Jack Nicholson, it looks really funny from the trailers I think I will go see it this coming weekend. It should be a really funny film I think Nicholson looks great in it.

Shawn
Apr 6th, 2003, 11:30:08 PM
Nicholson has been in some less-than-appealing looking movies lately and I'm not so sure I'd still find Adam Sandler funny, so I'm going to wait for video on this one.

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 6th, 2003, 11:35:59 PM
Lately Nicholson is only doing certain kind of movies like About Schmidt and the Pledge (this is only his third movie in like 5 years I guess he has made plenty of money so he could be picky) I do think he looks funnier in this film than anything he has done in years.

JMK
Apr 7th, 2003, 05:48:15 AM
I find that Nicholson always plays the same role. A grouchy guy with varying degrees of obnoxious. I think I'll wait to rent unless someone I know is dying to see it.

sirdizzy
Apr 7th, 2003, 08:14:02 AM
this movie looks like an absolute riot even though i would agree sandler and nicholson have been going downhill the last 5 years

the movie still looks hillarious

Jedieb
Apr 7th, 2003, 10:54:45 AM
The last time I went to the movies the Anger Management trailer got a great reaction from the audience. I'd love to go see it, it looks hilarious.

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 7th, 2003, 11:36:24 AM
I was watching ESPN and they were talking to Sandler about various things and the movie came up Bobby Knight is in the movie and they showed a clip it was hilarious :p

JediBoricua
Apr 7th, 2003, 09:22:23 PM
I'm a Nicholson gusher, so I guess I'll be there opening weekend.

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 12th, 2003, 02:30:42 PM
I saw it today it was hilarious, Nicholson was crazy as usual in it and Sandler had some funny moments too, I also liked John Turtottno (sp) he had some hilarious moments as well. Overall a really funny movie.

Darth Viscera
Apr 12th, 2003, 02:33:06 PM
and Woody Harrelson was a shemale.

Diego Van Derveld
Apr 12th, 2003, 02:34:40 PM
Movie was absolutely hilarious. Cameos by Bobby Knight, John McEnroe, and Woody Harrelson are great. Jack humor and Adam humor work well together. Great movie!

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 12th, 2003, 02:40:42 PM
The Woody Harrelson bit was hilarious.

CMJ
Apr 12th, 2003, 04:53:26 PM
Haven't seen it yet...probably will soon.

But to say Jack has been going downhill lately is nuts. "About Schmidt" was fantastic, and he was great in it.

Sejah Haversh
Apr 13th, 2003, 03:42:55 AM
Saw it, and thought it was hilarious. Though I prettymuch guessed the ending, it was quite the enjoyable romp, and I give it the "Mitch Seal Of Approval".

Something you should take into note is that I also give "Masters of the Universe" my seal of approval, too; so I'm not really a critic to trust.

Droo
Apr 13th, 2003, 05:10:38 AM
I love Jack Nicholson, him being my first favourite actor, can't abide Adam Sandler, him being very annoying. Decisions, decisions. I may wait. After all, X2 and Reloaded almost upon us. :crack

I liked Masters of the Universe. All those years ago. I wonder what my opinion would be now. :huh

Sanis Prent
Apr 13th, 2003, 12:52:17 PM
If you need any more incentive, how about Heather Graham in matching Boston Red Sox bra & panties :D!

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 13th, 2003, 01:57:06 PM
Yeah I loved that part :p

Sanis Prent
Apr 13th, 2003, 01:59:49 PM
Yes...HAWT!

sirdizzy
Apr 13th, 2003, 11:01:02 PM
honestly i was a little let down

sirdizzy
Apr 13th, 2003, 11:01:16 PM
Anger Management (2003)

Comedy 1 hr. 41 min
MPAA Rating: PG-13 for crude sexual content and language
Starring: Adam Sandler, Jack Nicholson, Krista Allen, Marisa Tomei, Allen Covert
Directed by: Peter Segal

Dave Buznik is a mild mannered kind of guy that lets the whole world walk all over him. He has been doing his bosses job for five years with no respect or credit for any of the work he has been doing. When his boss finally gives him a chance to showcase himself by sending him to St. Louis on a business trip this is Dave’s chance to finally shine and hopefully get a new executive promotion that just opened. But when there is a misunderstanding on the plane where the flight attendants and a US marshal think Dave has gone ballistic and he ends up being jailed for the incident. When he goes to court he is told that he will have to attend anger management as part of his sentence. The course is being taught by Dr. Buddy Rydell an eccentric and quite unconventional doctor who had just happened to be sitting next to Dave during the flight. But instead of just signing Dave out of the course like he wanted to the good doctor actually moves in with him and begins to take over his life. The doctor also introduces him to a group of quite crazy and angry of patients of his, and even assigns one of these crazies as his so-called anger ally. Dave who had had a very ordinary life before this as he was engaged to a beautiful woman Linda and a respectable job now finds all this in danger as the good doctor seems hell bent on destroying everything in a pretense of healing him from and anger he never felt he had. So now Dave must wither stand up for himself and try and escape from the clearly insane doctor or find his life torn to shreds but nothing is as easy as that as anything that can go wrong does and will.

I really wanted to like this movie, as the story seemed one of the most unique I had heard of in years and I had been excited about its release. It seemed impossible that they could go wrong teaming up such great stars as Nicholson and Sandler in what had to be one of the funniest pretense of all times but somehow and I can’t tell you how because I am not sure how they screwed this movie up. Sure the movie is funny at times and I laughed quite hard at some of the funnier scenes but a lot of the movie was a trek through drudgery and plain silliness. Maybe I have grown cynical because I remember laughing so hard at Happy Gillmore the first time I saw it that I was crying. This movie does not even come to half that level and just seemed to be missing something. Sandler I believe is to be faulted as he just didn’t seem to have the panache he once hard on the screen and trudge through a lot of his line and scenes. Nicholson seemed to also think that is crazy facial expressions could pull some of the scenes though their awkwardness rather than decent scripting and acting. Don’t get me wrong I found the movie funny and ingenious at times but if failed to live up to his very high potential that could have made it one of the funniest movies of all time rather that a half asked job of a movie it was.
3 stars out of 5

Gurney Devries
Apr 17th, 2003, 12:36:38 AM
"About Schmidt" was fantastic, and he was great in it.Let's just say that About Schmidt certainly didn't appear to be my kind of movie.

Just saw Anger Management. I enjoyed it. I didn't really laugh much. But, in all fairness, I saw it by myself: I tend to laugh a lot easier when I'm with friends who are laughing at it, as well.

I agree about the ending, though: Pretty much everyone should have been able to see that coming since the breakup. Still, it worked and it was fun. I'd reccomend it.