PDA

View Full Version : my new home

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Apr 5th, 2003, 07:51:54 PM
ok guys, I'm back. I have my connection, and I'm ready to chill with ya'll again ^_^

But let me tell you. getting here was one of the most interesting experiences of my life. It all started on a bright, sunny saturday morning. With the five of us (me, Colin, Paul, Charles, and Brandy) all packed up and ready to go, we left LA at about 10 in the morning; me in my car, Brandy in hers, Colin in his, Charles in his, and Paul driving the Uhaul, and made it to Phoenix in record time. It was quite the caravan, and with our average speen about 90 mph, it was interesting. Colin took the lead while I took the rear, sometimes trading with Brandy.

It got interesting after Phoenix. Paul and I somehow got ahead of the other three, and stopping at a gas station, I called Colin to see where he was. Turns out he was on a dirt road in 'Texas Chainsaw Massacre country' because Charles had to get gas. Well, he and Colin and Brandy end up driving for half an hour down this dirt road, and end up having to bum some gas from some farmer at two in the morning.

When they finally showed up at the gas station, I've never seen Colin look so much like he wanted to kill Charles.

So after that things are cool. Until about an hour down the road when Charles' clutch decides to die. Now the thing about Charles' car is that it's an import; complete with racing mods and all tricked out. Thing is, it wasn't done right. Paul and I could tell that as soon as we opened the hood and found duct tape holding one of the hoses together. I swear, it's a miracle the damn car made it as far as it did. So anyway, here we are, on the side of the road at 3 in the morning in the middle of the Arizona desert with a cop up ahead of us with a pulled over trucker, and another behind us who's approaching very slowly with his lights on. Charles is having a fit because the car isn't registered and has two outstanding tickets back in LA.

Needless to say we stripped the plates, pulled the stereo and amps, and got the hell outta dodge.

We crossed the Texas border at about 8 am sunday morning, and it was flat driving from then on. I haven't been that bored since driving through Utah a coupla summers ago. We rolled into Houston at about 9-10 pm that night, too late to be able to move into the apartment, and after barely making it to a hotel, passed out for 13 hours before being kicked out by the cleaning lady.

The next day brought us all fighting traffic; we were all following Colin, but man. I tell you guys. People here don't know how to drive. So anyway, long story short, me and Colin got seperated from the others, I ended up jumping a median, there was alot of moving in, and not homeless anymore, we all settled down, ready for work the next day.

So the first week was fine.

The second week Colin totalled his car. So now instead of having four cars like we were supposed to, we're down to two; mine and Brandy's.

Life's great in Houston.

How're ya'll doin'?

ReaperFett
Apr 5th, 2003, 08:01:21 PM
She says:

People here don't know how to drive
After:

with our average speen about 90 mph, it was interesting.
Which technically is breaking the law isnt it? ;) :)

Good to hear you made it fine :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 5th, 2003, 08:27:43 PM
How is jumping a median knowing how to drive? :eek

*HUGGLES* So glad to see you made it there safe! *hughughughug* Vodka intact, nu? :)

Admiral Lebron
Apr 5th, 2003, 10:28:09 PM
die

glad to see you back. :)

Dark Lord Dyzm
Apr 5th, 2003, 11:01:39 PM
OOOoooOoooOOoo! Make sure to watch for the southern critters... And glad you hadn't gotten into any accidents, even with the crazy insane drivers.

Sejah Haversh
Apr 5th, 2003, 11:10:09 PM
Shazam! Streetpizza's in Texas!

I swear, I'm going to have to get my "Millennium" Falcon workign again and drive out and see you sometime soon. I really need to drive like that again...

In any case, it's great to have you back, Christin, I've missed you lots, and so has Tevit and the rest of my IC gang. Hope to see you online soon!

Taylor Millard
Apr 6th, 2003, 10:21:11 AM
whoo-hoo WB s'Il!

Too bad I'm not officially back for another day or so. But glad you're back. :)

Zasz Grimm
Apr 7th, 2003, 06:48:25 AM
The next day brought us all fighting traffic; we were all following Colin, but man. I tell you guys. People here don't know how to drive.

I'm sorry! You met the idiots of Texas! :(!

I could have told you about the driving in Houston!

:: Huggles for s'Il ::

But glad to see that your safe and back! :)..

Psst....if you still feel like coming to Winnsboro, 4-6 hour drive Northeast.

>D

Lady Vader
Apr 7th, 2003, 02:33:41 PM
So anyway, here we are, on the side of the road at 3 in the morning in the middle of the Arizona desert with a cop up ahead of us with a pulled over trucker, and another behind us who's approaching very slowly with his lights on. Charles is having a fit because the car isn't registered and has two outstanding tickets back in LA.

Needless to say we stripped the plates, pulled the stereo and amps, and got the hell outta dodge.

Talk about having some adventures! :lol

Glad you're safe and sound though! :rollin

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Apr 7th, 2003, 09:23:23 PM
yes yes, it's good to be alive and still bugging you guys ^_^

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 8th, 2003, 01:06:26 AM
*tacklehugs* I wouldn't call it "bugging" :)

Taylor Millard
Apr 8th, 2003, 01:15:06 AM
Bugging? Us?

Psh...you ain't bugging us. :)

ReaperFett
Apr 8th, 2003, 01:52:18 AM
You're not bugging me. I wouldnt make you desktops if you were ;)